PDA

View Full Version : Rudest people in an occupation

Pages : [1] 2

Pauro 76
10/08/2004, 3:18 PM
maybe i could have worded it better, but anyway who are the worst people you've come across serving the public? Heres my top three, dont want to tar all these people with the same brush, but ahh who cares....

1) BUS DRIVERS (esp Bus Eireann)
So feckin rude half these people, one of them gave me a look from hell when he charged me 20 euros for a 19 euro fare from Longford to Dublin recently and roared at me when i had the cheek for ask for a euro back. Dont remember tips being introduced to Bus Eireann drivers pal, your a bus driver not a taxi driver! :mad: Which brings me nicely to...

2) TAXI DRIVERS (Dublin)
Look if we want your opinion, we'll ask for it! I pay my fare just to get to wherever i want to go, not listen to your opinion on god knows what... And I'll tell you another thing my @rse... :mad:

3) NIGHTCLUB BOUNCERS (everywhere)
Do I realy need to explain? Emotionless gits, Not tonight pal my @rse ... half of you are crims anyway. :mad:

Ahem sorry for the rant, but some of these people make you go mad sometimes!!

max power
10/08/2004, 3:21 PM
4) me when i'm at work as a dj.

oh btw, pauro go and get a job and stop bumming around London.

the 12 th man
10/08/2004, 3:23 PM
5/ ever had words with a clamper in dublin ?
they are the dregs of humanity

Maz
10/08/2004, 3:24 PM
6) germans...........ignorant fookers!

Macy
10/08/2004, 3:25 PM
7) Me, most of the time.

blobbyblob
10/08/2004, 3:28 PM
8) Parish Priests

Peadar
10/08/2004, 3:34 PM
6) germans...........ignorant fookers!

Since when is that an occupation?

(9) Bank Clerks!

Maz
10/08/2004, 3:35 PM
Since when is that an occupation?

it isnt but neither is bein Macy i just felt like throwing it in there!!

Macy
10/08/2004, 3:37 PM
I have an occupation and I'm rude. Suppose it depends whether the Germans you're talking about have jobs.

Maz
10/08/2004, 3:37 PM
well one in particular worked in mc donalds! :D so ya germans wit occupations so!

tiktok
10/08/2004, 3:39 PM
(9) Bank Clerks!

AIB bank clerks definitely.
I swear to God, there must be a directive or something so that people will be so frustrated with them that we'll all end up using internet banking.

Peadar
10/08/2004, 3:39 PM
it isnt but neither is bein Macy

Well since it's not his real name, perhaps being his alterego is an occupation?
He could be a drag queen at night for all you know :D

there must be a directive or something so that people will be so frustrated with them that we'll all end up using internet banking.

I'd be happy enough with using it so that I wouldn't have to deal with any of the ignorant tossers but there are still a number of things you can't do through Internet banking. They're getting worse too. It's like they blame their customers for the fact that someone grassed them up over their corruption.

max power
10/08/2004, 3:46 PM
7) Me, most of the time.

ya don't say :p

pete
10/08/2004, 3:49 PM
Recruitment "Consultants"

A necessary evil at times but would be easily bottom of my list below politicians & estate agents.

:eek:

Bowsy
10/08/2004, 3:51 PM
Really hate estate agents.

max power
10/08/2004, 3:53 PM
all NTL phone reps, not only are they rude but completly stupid as well......they are based in waterford btw, explains a lot........

oh and those mbna crowd as well ;)

the 12 th man
10/08/2004, 3:54 PM
re taxi drivers,if they know so much,how the fcuk are they still driving a car for a living.
there is nothing that they dont know (most of them anyhow).

green goblin
10/08/2004, 4:03 PM
Well, without being too specific... There's a guy on the passport control desk arrivals at Cork Airport. Not all people on passport control desks at all airports- they're all lovely, I'm sure. Just that one guy at Cork. Must be just about the rudest man on the planet. Hey Maz, where do you work again?

liamon
10/08/2004, 4:05 PM
Really hate estate agents.
Oh so right. Would someone please explain to me what these people do to earn their money?
I'm curently selling one piece of land and have just bought another (going to build my first home :) ) and 've had to deal with lots of these morons. Most don't even understand concepts such as A3 zoning, stamp duty brackets, etc. They're idiots. Yet they get paid loads.
Guess that makes me the real idiot. :o :(

Metrostars
10/08/2004, 4:06 PM
I swear to God, there must be a directive or something so that people will be so frustrated with them that we'll all end up using internet banking.

Too true about AIB. Some clerks tried to steal my communion money (seriously!) from my account when I was a kid, claiming I had already withdrawn the money. But my mother's name was also on the account so I couldnt have. In the end the missing money was put back and we all moved to the BOI, telling everyone else we knew to do so too.

Peadar
10/08/2004, 4:14 PM
In the end the missing money was put back and we all moved to the BOI, telling everyone else we knew to do so too.

Don't really thing they're too much better though.
AIB make me sick with they're attitude.
Over €600m profit in the first 6 months of this year and they think they're too big to treat their customers with a bit of respect.
We're the ones with proper jobs, not pushing some figures around a computer screen to cover up our corruption.
Had a call from someone in AMEX today about changing my address.
Couldn't have been more polite and helpful.
I think they're actually BofI staff but either way they were excellent.
If the ISEQ didn't depend so heavily on AIB I'd wish for them to collapse!

corkharps
10/08/2004, 4:18 PM
10) Shop Stewarts :eek:

born 2b a rebel
10/08/2004, 4:42 PM
11. The homeless man at the end of my street that seems to have moved into one of my neighbour's bushes(ya know what I mean!), that insists on shouting abuse at us everytime we venture past him and proposed to my sister this morning...

brendy_éire
10/08/2004, 4:48 PM
Lads, at the end of the day all these people are just trying to make a living out of their monotonous jobs. Is it any surprise they're so annoying? It's when they're annoying outside of work ye can call them prats.

corkharps
10/08/2004, 4:54 PM
Lads, at the end of the day all these people are just trying to make a living out of their monotonous jobs. Is it any surprise they're so annoying? It's when they're annoying outside of work ye can call them prats.

Hey Bendy, youre a prat! :p

blobbyblob
10/08/2004, 4:55 PM

Which one are you Brendy? :D :D :D

Schumi
10/08/2004, 5:03 PM
Is it compulsory to be racist before getting a taxi plate in Dublin?
As far as I know, yeah. You also have to be a lapsed Rovers fan who stopped going when they left Milltown.

corkharps
10/08/2004, 5:04 PM
As far as I know, yeah. You also have to be a lapsed Rovers fan who stopped going when they left Milltown.

And go to Cork every year for the Jazz!! :mad:

Pat O' Banton
10/08/2004, 5:08 PM
Do have to say that Brendy does have a point here, I used to work for Sainsbury's (checkout, shopfloor etc.) and have to say that even on days that you went out of your way to be nice to people, the amount of arrogence and rudeness exibited by the customers just wore you down.

Indeed remember having a discussion with several people who have to work with the public and each and everyone commented the same thing, that the amount of abuse, and rudeness just makes you get to the stage where you just don't care anymore.
:( :mad: :(

blobbyblob
10/08/2004, 5:13 PM
Do have to say that Brendy does have a point here, I used to work for Sainsbury's (checkout, shopfloor etc.) and have to say that even on days that you went out of your way to be nice to people, the amount of arrogence and rudeness exibited by the customers just wore you down.

Indeed remember having a discussion with several people who have to work with the public and each and everyone commented the same thing, that the amount of abuse, and rudeness just makes you get to the stage where you just don't care anymore.
:( :mad: :(

No excuse. If you cant take it, get out. Ive worked in various realms of the service industry for 10+ years and obviously you do come across rude/impatient/disgruntled customers but thats no reason to pay it back to the next customer.

Pat O' Banton
10/08/2004, 5:23 PM
'fraid I'm never going to agree with you here, as I pointed out it gets to the stage where you find it difficult to show politness to virtually anyone as you knew that on regular basis when you do you will recieve at best indifference. Don't know if anyone noticed that I didn't care anymore as I was just robotic about my job.
Secondly everyone got to earn money and as a student there wasn't a hell of alot of choice but to work with the public as these offered the only suitable hours. So the get out choice wasn't really an option.

Pablo
10/08/2004, 8:45 PM
Bar staff. Some of them can be absolutely great, chatting away with the customers, being attentive etc. Some of them (particularly in Dublin's 'trendier' bars) can be rude *****s who should be yanked over the counter by their ties and given a few digs every now and again to remind them who is paying their wages. Did it myself to pay my way through uni., and I know that the average drunk Irish guy can be a pain in the hole, but you're paid to be nice and serve them drink, not to roll the eyes and pretend not to hear and stand at the furthest end of the bar and stay there on the moblie phone and then give the wrong change...

ha ha bad night out Connor?

De Town
10/08/2004, 8:48 PM
12) any sort of shop workers - think they're something they're not.

13) Hairdressers - ignorant b@st@rds

Pauro 76
11/08/2004, 8:34 AM
14) Ill add door-to-door salesmen to that one! I was one last year in Edinburgh, and you really have to be a fake smiley b@stard to get money off the poor souls who answer the door.... Felt guilty even making a sale, too damn nice for that job i was.... :)

the 12 th man
11/08/2004, 8:38 AM
14) fake smiley b@stard to get money off the poor souls who answer the door.... Felt guilty even making a sale, too damn nice for that job i was.... :)

selling those "geniune" davinci paintings will always do that to yeh ;)

Peadar
11/08/2004, 8:41 AM
You also have to be a lapsed Rovers fan who stopped going when they left Milltown.

Isn't it astonishing how many give you that line?
I'm not joking, it must be 1 in 10 taxi drivers in Dublin.

green goblin
11/08/2004, 10:55 AM
13) Hairdressers - ignorant b@st@rds

Ignorant of what, exactly? If they're ignorant of the basics of how to do a trim at the front, grade 4 at the back and sides, fair enough. But I don't find them to be rude, as much as bored out of their brains and desperate for someone to talk to- even if that means talking to people who they don't want to talk to.
Saying that, I once had a perfectly servicable cut from a racist b*stard who gave me this dreadful rant on the laziness of asians. I really wanted to walk out, but I'm ashamed to say I didn't want to look like I'd had half me head shaved for charity and so sat there and let him get on with it. It was a transitional summer, when I swapped the Sean Ryder baggy look for the Noel Gallagher Mod-revival crop. Truly, vanity is a sin.

De Town
11/08/2004, 1:13 PM
In fairness, most at your average corner shop are fine. Or even in the larger stores, they're usually okay. It's the ones in high street stores or places like Brown Thomas that almost look down at you that are really painful. Listen hon, I know your bosses are charging me more than Tescos, but you're still doing the same job as a cashier there so don't think you **** diamonds just because the place smells of Chanel No. 5 and you've got make-up on...

There the sort of ones i meant, should have worded it better

Ignorant of what, exactly? If they're ignorant of the basics of how to do a trim at the front, grade 4 at the back and sides, fair enough. But I don't find them to be rude, as much as bored out of their brains and desperate for someone to talk to- even if that means talking to people who they don't want to talk to.

a lot of hairdressers wont bother talking to you. they just think that because they have the hair standing in 40 different directions and are mutton dressed as lamb that they are something.

Macy
11/08/2004, 1:19 PM
a lot of hairdressers wont bother talking to you. they just think that because they have the hair standing in 40 different directions and are mutton dressed as lamb that they are something.
Písses me off that they won't shut the fúck up. I want a haircut, not to know what you got up to last weekend, or talk to you about where I'm going on holiday....

Closed Account 2
11/08/2004, 1:22 PM
I cut my own hair now coz I got sick of getting it cut by "professionals" who seemed to be stuck in the 80s

max power
11/08/2004, 1:22 PM
at least if you go to billy he'll talk about De Town

De Town
11/08/2004, 1:27 PM
at least if you go to billy he'll talk about De Town

.................... :D

green goblin
11/08/2004, 1:35 PM
Písses me off that they won't shut the fúck up. I want a haircut, not to know what you got up to last weekend, or talk to you about where I'm going on holiday....

Think you've hit the nail on the head here, coiffure-wise. We have a barber in our village who utterly ignores you. It's marvelous. I don't want to talk to him, he doesn't want to talk to me, he cuts my hair, I give him some money, he grunts thank you, I leave. Marvelous.

At the risk of an entirely new thread... Worst haircut in Irish football ever goes to..?

De Town
11/08/2004, 1:42 PM
At the risk of an entirely new thread... Worst haircut in Irish football ever goes to..?

...............Robbie Doyle when he looked like a Skunk/Badger

John83
11/08/2004, 1:42 PM
I swear to God, there must be a directive or something so that people will be so frustrated with them that we'll all end up using internet banking.Thought about it, but I decided that closing my account there would be more effective!

Lads, at the end of the day all these people are just trying to make a living out of their monotonous jobs. Is it any surprise they're so annoying? It's when they're annoying outside of work ye can call them prats.I have a ****, monotonous job too, but I decide not to be rude, even to some of the most ignorant people I've ever met. I work in Woddies (summer job), and some of the customers I have to deal with are unreal. Yes, it wears you down, but you get on with it.

Macy
11/08/2004, 1:47 PM
Thought about it, but I decided that closing my account there would be more effective!
I have different accounts in different banks (Current, Savings, SSIA - not anything dodgy), and I have to say I've never noticed AIB being any better or worse than anywhere else. In fact now AIB has changed the branches around so that they have the customer services desk(s) for non-money queries they're actually one of the best to deal with.

Despite the inclination to change banks over the recent overcharging revelations, IMO they are now the best ones to be with - I don't believe they were the only ones (as other companies have shown), but they'll surely be the most strigent for the next few years...

SÓC
11/08/2004, 1:48 PM
Worked in AIB for two Summers. The ammount of buck passing in there is unreal. Everybody will tell you "thats not my job". Staff have real contempt for the management too. Not an enjoyable work place but very decent pay.

The people that work for Esat BT call centres drive me mad, totally useless at sorting things out.

Pauro 76
11/08/2004, 2:44 PM
[QUOTE=green goblin]Think you've hit the nail on the head here, coiffure-wise. We have a barber in our village who utterly ignores you. It's marvelous. I don't want to talk to him, he doesn't want to talk to me, he cuts my hair, I give him some money, he grunts thank you, I leave. Marvelous.
QUOTE]

An ex workmate of mine in Dublin fancied a lass in Peter Mark's so much, he often went in and had his hair cut there even when he didnt need one, just so he could talk to this girl... the stalking tendencies got too much for her and next time she sent a camp lad working there to cut his hair! he got the message and never went back again...

Metrostars
11/08/2004, 2:56 PM

In a way they're right. What kid aspires to be a Parking Ticket warden or a clamper?

green goblin
11/08/2004, 3:01 PM
An ex workmate of mine in Dublin fancied a lass in Peter Mark's so much, he often went in and had his hair cut there even when he didnt need one, just so he could talk to this girl... the stalking tendencies got too much for her and next time she sent a camp lad working there to cut his hair! he got the message and never went back again...

A friends wife works in a ladies beauty shop, and is always being beseiged by on the prowl fellas who are looking for the full back, sack and cr*ck wax (And no, they only do ladies, not pervy guys). Perhaps hiring a camp little scamp would be the end of their worries?