View Full Version : Limerick Transfers and Pre-Season 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

new boy
19/06/2011, 3:20 PM
limerick transfers and pre season

booster 03
19/06/2011, 4:49 PM
limerick transfers and pre season

Should be fairly active with the new laws... let the spoofin and prostituting begin!

hoops38
20/06/2011, 2:12 AM
Should be fairly active with the new laws... let the spoofin and prostituting begin!

Chucka going to pike FACT.

gaidin
20/06/2011, 11:09 AM

Or fiction?

theboywonder8
20/06/2011, 12:12 PM

And Christy Doyle and Willie o Brien,non loi as well,hahaha

CĂșlbaire
20/06/2011, 2:08 PM

What new rules are they bringing in this season?

theboywonder8
20/06/2011, 2:17 PM
Did you ever think he might work nights no

jman
20/06/2011, 2:53 PM
Did you ever think he might work nights no

not on a sunday anyway no gonna get all this crap now until the season starts players going everwhere rumours everywhere

Jofspring
20/06/2011, 5:36 PM

Until the forms are out and the player has signed there is no such thing as fact at the moment as far as signings are concerned.

May aswell start

Pike Rvs

In:

Out: Wayne Colbert (Athlone Town), Conor Kavanagh (Athlone Town), Dave Ryan (Athlone Town)

Janesboro

In:

Out: Jason Hughes (Athlone Town)

any other players gone from around?

republican
20/06/2011, 9:47 PM
just a question lads why did all the lads from limerick sign for athlone when limerick fc are on their doorstep and are going far better than athlone not to mention all the traveling for training, games etc surely they would be good enough for limerick would they not ?

Jofspring
20/06/2011, 9:52 PM
just a question lads why did all the lads from limerick sign for athlone when limerick fc are on their doorstep and are going far better than athlone not to mention all the traveling for training, games etc surely they would be good enough for limerick would they not ?

A few definitely would be good enough. They will be guaranteed to start with Athlone and couldn't be guaranteed that with Limerick with the players Limerick are bringing in in July. One or two don't get on with Pat Scully either.

I would love to have seen Colbert back at Limerick.

lfc at heart
21/06/2011, 7:41 AM
also thay done it out of respect to Kerley and Tommy Barrett, who they are good friends with.

U Know Me
21/06/2011, 2:16 PM
pat mcgarry alan barry pat moloney all to st micheals

lfc at heart
21/06/2011, 2:56 PM

I dont believe that, cant see Alan or Pat leaving Pike.

theboywonder8
21/06/2011, 3:08 PM

Heard rumour about mcgarry alright,would be a better move for him than last years,wouldn't it?

U Know Me
21/06/2011, 3:37 PM
I dont believe that, cant see Alan or Pat leaving Pike.lot of tk bout it in tipp

Tipp Top
21/06/2011, 5:43 PM
Why would players want to leave Pike and did Alan Barry not burn his bridges last time at Saints?

theboywonder8
21/06/2011, 6:40 PM
Why would players want to leave Pike and did Alan Barry not burn his bridges last time at Saints?

The other way round,they held up his transfer and he ended up playing with no one for the rest of that season,it was very bad form out of St michaels,by the way.

bluewhitearmy
21/06/2011, 6:48 PM
Of the lads that are gone to Athlone only Wayne would get near starting......Kavanagh may be good enough to be around the team the other 2 are nowhere near good enough for Limerick.

Athlone fan telling me they went for Brian Cleary too but he said he is moving to Dubai or something like that.

U Know Me
21/06/2011, 8:28 PM
Why would players want to leave Pike and did Alan Barry not burn his bridges last time at Saints?alan and chalky patched things up he going back 4 a season fact and the 2 pats are going with him

mufc
21/06/2011, 8:39 PM
any idea when the forms come out?

nononsense
21/06/2011, 9:53 PM
Could we try spend this pre season talking about transfers that could actually happen? Maybe start another thread for spoof transfers like the one above

Absolutely agree. This thread has turned to total farce already.

theboywonder8
21/06/2011, 11:22 PM
any idea when the forms come out?

Around 18th July usually,will be very very interesting to see if the 4 player rule still stands,

theboywonder8
21/06/2011, 11:24 PM
alan and chalky patched things up he going back 4 a season fact and the 2 pats are going with him

That will be handy,be able to share their expenses between them,ha

theboywonder8
21/06/2011, 11:26 PM
Of the lads that are gone to Athlone only Wayne would get near starting......Kavanagh may be good enough to be around the team the other 2 are nowhere near good enough for Limerick.

Athlone fan telling me they went for Brian Cleary too but he said he is moving to Dubai or something like that.

Kavanagh is as good as what Limerick have at the moment,quality player,limericks loss.

bluewhitearmy
22/06/2011, 10:04 AM
Kavanagh is as good as what Limerick have at the moment,quality player,limericks loss.

Dont think he is as good as O'Leary and there is no way he is as good as Joe Gamble so not too much of a loss really.

abbeyvale
22/06/2011, 10:55 AM
alan and chalky patched things up he going back 4 a season fact and the 2 pats are going with him

Alan wont want the hassle of travelling for training and games..............can't see him moving from the Limerick league.

lfc at heart
22/06/2011, 10:58 AM
Alan wont want the hassle of travelling for training and games..............can't see him moving from the Limerick league.

I dont think he will move from pike but if he does Id say it will be back to the Boro

theboywonder8
22/06/2011, 12:58 PM
I dont think he will move from pike but if he does Id say it will be back to the Boro

Haha,you obviously don't know the story,

Tipp Top
22/06/2011, 2:34 PM

Pike obviously in a spot of bother if your not denying Alan is leaving?? Why are players leaving Pike?

lfc at heart
22/06/2011, 3:26 PM

so is he leaving, your right I dont know the story, enlighten us.

theboywonder8
22/06/2011, 4:04 PM
Pike obviously in a spot of bother if your not denying Alan is leaving?? Why are players leaving Pike?

There will be no fear of pike,don't worry about that,and who said alan was leaving,I didn't,and the boro would be the last club he would sign for,FACT.

Balbec77
22/06/2011, 4:15 PM

maybe if they are leaving its because they won everything with pike and would like to chance winning something with someone else.but the other side is whoever pike loose they will sign the same type of player or better in abundance and thats a fact.

xpskid
22/06/2011, 7:47 PM
maybe if they are leaving its because they won everything with pike and would like to chance winning something with someone else.but the other side is whoever pike loose they will sign the same type of player or better in abundance and thats a fact.
Pike will be the team to beat again next season in Limerick,MJ and FAI. They will not leave the FAI cup go so easily when it is so hard to win.

Jofspring
22/06/2011, 8:01 PM
At the end of the day if Pike come knocking on the door on any player in Limerick the chances are they will sign for Pike. They are currently Limericks top team so a player would be mad not to sign for them.

Killerballs
22/06/2011, 8:17 PM
alan wont sign for michaels or boro,id say pa moloney could sign with them alright with mcgarry,mcgarry and moloney are great buddies.

Killerballs
22/06/2011, 8:20 PM
pike wont care who goes,they have the pick of players from munster,imo,

Killerballs
22/06/2011, 8:23 PM
shane clarke in talks with athlone town,big loss with jason hughes,if he signs

Killerballs
22/06/2011, 8:30 PM
Dont think he is as good as O'Leary and there is no way he is as good as Joe Gamble so not too much of a loss really.

agreed kavanagh is very average,gamble is some signing,when can we see him play?

celticlads
22/06/2011, 8:33 PM
alan barry will not play with saints again so anyone who thinks he will or believe all this "there is a lot of talk about it" ye are wrong. and that is 100% true.

Killerballs
22/06/2011, 8:36 PM
alan is useless anyway,very overrated player

thegreatone
22/06/2011, 8:39 PM
whats with Athlone fleecing all of Limericks Junior soccer players, if they didnt cut it at Limerick then their not good enough for LOI in my opinion.

Killerballs
22/06/2011, 8:44 PM
agreed,mike kerley good manager and from limerick is whats bringing all them up there

theboywonder8
22/06/2011, 9:29 PM

Most riduclous post I have ever seen,he robbed his junior cap so and all his medals,ha

Balbec77
22/06/2011, 9:58 PM
but pike wont want to lose does 2 players and view wont want 2 lose pat. lads there is a lot of tk bout it

ya agree but read my post about pike.dont think the view have the same pulling power as pike though and im not talking shillings.i reckon winning four or five trophies a season would swing it in pikes favour.

Jofspring
22/06/2011, 10:05 PM
whats with Athlone fleecing all of Limericks Junior soccer players, if they didnt cut it at Limerick then their not good enough for LOI in my opinion.

Its because Mike Kerley is up there and junior Limerick soccer is the main thing he knows about. Not sure how the Athlone fans feel about this really because he is overlooking a lot of local talent for Limerick talent in a season where he could probably give a lot of players a taste of LOI. It's a strange one really because Athlone are well out of the race for promotion and are out of all the cups so there is nothing really to play for up there.

He seems to be signing pretty much the Limerick team from a few years ago. Wouldn't surprise me to see a few more lads heading up there.

xpskid
22/06/2011, 10:25 PM
39 goals in 36 games last season!! over-rated?? If you mean that you haven't a clue about football.Obviously you never played against or had to mark him.

theboywonder8
23/06/2011, 12:27 AM
That's every season by the way,best striker in town last few years by a country mile,and still is.

thomas72
23/06/2011, 8:48 AM
Anyone that thinks Alan Barry is not the best striker in town is mad. FOr years he has been the best nearly 50 goals last season IMO top 3 strikers of all time in LimeRick you can't argue with that facts.

leather
23/06/2011, 9:34 AM

Defo time to test the people on this site for narcotic's use..