PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Division 2A 2011/12

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

midnight
18/06/2011, 4:01 PM
STicky league this year

bluepowers
19/06/2011, 3:10 AM
Manager who saved cals sacked before season even starts a disgrace he set up the bteam which saved the club last season and was backstabbed by his assistant my prediction is Caledonians for Relegation

Jofspring
19/06/2011, 10:34 AM
So are Cals not putting in a B team next season?

Amazing the amount of managers that give their free time and energy to clubs and then get told at the end of the season they aren't wanted anymore but if they leave one club for another in most cases they are told they have no loyalty to the club.

Damnunited
19/06/2011, 11:54 AM
so who is the new mananger of cals now

booster 03
19/06/2011, 4:51 PM
Sville b team will be strong

bluepowers
19/06/2011, 5:58 PM
william carroll / christy kerley ...... there is a all new b team in division 4 kieran mc is running it ... just cant believe one the longest serving club members gets axed like that he set up the b team himself 2 years ago saved caledonians fc ' if it wasnt for him (James Noonan) cals A last season would have had to pull out .

bluewhitearmy
19/06/2011, 7:11 PM
Bluepowers completely bias by the way just to let ye know.

midnight
19/06/2011, 7:58 PM
TAught it was a joint effort for cal's last year .

bluepowers
19/06/2011, 10:42 PM
team fell apart last season all A players left half way through the season and the bteam saved the club simple as picture what cals would have been without the idea from my dad/james ... cals would be dead dats what cals would be.

the club has been a joke over the past 3 seasons and i cant see it getting any better just when you think you have stability in the club .

midnight
19/06/2011, 10:52 PM
true i agree with you but your painting a picture as your dad did it all surley he had help?

bluepowers
19/06/2011, 11:44 PM
he brought in people bteam was all his idea

midnight
20/06/2011, 9:24 AM
BUT still you are a avoiding the question did he have help word from some of the player's that gary Kelly got a lot of lad's up and that they were his mate's he might of started the b team but it was surly not a one man effort

gk10
21/06/2011, 3:16 PM
BUT still you are a avoiding the question did he have help word from some of the player's that gary Kelly got a lot of lad's up and that they were his mate's he might of started the b team but it was surly not a one man effort

silence is deafening

bluewhitearmy
21/06/2011, 6:42 PM
silence is deafening

Being honest just dont think he is smart enough to answer.

Comments are like a 12 year old wrote them.

bluepowers
21/06/2011, 7:02 PM
look results will tell the story this season best of luck now having a lad there that will be picking himself to start and be manager at the same time will backfire on cals

midnight
21/06/2011, 8:23 PM
Sure there is two manager's there I doubt they will win the league or make a massive splash in the water but cal's as a team should concentrate on a dignified league place and cup run build for the following season . SHelbourne Newport and killmallock be tough

Pegleg5
22/06/2011, 1:45 PM
To say that Willie Carroll would want to pick himself ahead of some of the players on the Cals team is a bit much. Willie is over 40 years old and in fairness to the players that finished last season ye are doing alright for defenders. For example, after the so called "a" players left after Christmas, Ralph Marsh and Frank McEvoy were still at the club. Now, their isnt too many more experienced centre halves in division 2A than those two. Are they signing for Cals next season? Plus, ye also have the likes of the lad Kieran, cant remember his sirname, who is a decent centre half. Don't know why you would think that Willie Carroll would pick himself ahead of any of those lads?

gk10
22/06/2011, 2:43 PM
To say that Willie Carroll would want to pick himself ahead of some of the players on the Cals team is a bit much. Willie is over 40 years old and in fairness to the players that finished last season ye are doing alright for defenders. For example, after the so called "a" players left after Christmas, Ralph Marsh and Frank McEvoy were still at the club. Now, their isnt too many more experienced centre halves in division 2A than those two. Are they signing for Cals next season? Plus, ye also have the likes of the lad Kieran, cant remember his sirname, who is a decent centre half. Don't know why you would think that Willie Carroll would pick himself ahead of any of those lads?

id say it was more christy than willie he was talking about but the most important thing is we now have 2 gud managers who can work together with a new look squad to finally stabilize the club and start to build again

bluepowers
22/06/2011, 3:01 PM
yes i was on about christy things will get very sour very fast if he starts playing himself every game

midnight
22/06/2011, 7:16 PM
ANd is this christy lad good enough to start. YOung lad burke from dine's heading up and few more they should be ok a out and out striker is needed

mulla
23/06/2011, 9:55 AM
[QUOTE=midnight;1499345]STicky league this year[/QUOT

are the new seasons leagues all decided at this stage?if so where can i find them

Mister Ed
23/06/2011, 8:58 PM
i heard cals were back training tonight is this true bluepowers ? if so its a bit early dont you think

gk10
23/06/2011, 9:40 PM
i heard cals were back training tonight is this true bluepowers ? if so its a bit early dont you think

cals have been back training since early june to give us the best chance possible of having a good season bluepowers isnt involved with cals anymore just likes to comment on everything

Mister Ed
23/06/2011, 11:08 PM
Do you play with the a or b team gk and I'm guessing in goals ?

bluepowers
24/06/2011, 1:53 AM
cals have been back training since early june to give us the best chance possible of having a good season bluepowers isnt involved with cals anymore just likes to comment on everything

im entitled to comment gary kelly .. btw he was division 4 player last year mister ed ... can see cals in a scrap for relegation and thats my honest opinion with the teams thats in this division

jman
24/06/2011, 1:41 PM

2a is not a very hard league tbh if cals get a few wins bit of confidence they wil be fine very bitter towards your old team blue bit harsh tbh

Mister Ed
24/06/2011, 3:19 PM
2a is not a very hard league tbh if cals get a few wins bit of confidence they wil be fine very bitter towards your old team blue bit harsh tbh

totally agree very bitter indeed, anyway clubs chop and change managers so what it happens its a thankless game, if im correct its not the first time this has happened jamesie

gk10
24/06/2011, 3:31 PM

a player this year mister ed and christ no goalkeeping wouldnt be my strongpoint gk are my initials as bluepowers kindly posted my name in his last post

gk10
24/06/2011, 3:34 PM
im entitled to comment gary kelly .. btw he was division 4 player last year mister ed ... can see cals in a scrap for relegation and thats my honest opinion with the teams thats in this division

why dont you enlighten everyone on what basis you form your "expert" opinion so because the way i see it your bitter your dad got the bullet and you want cals relegated totally ignoring the fact we now have a better management team a stronger squad and more organisation but dont let the truth get in the way of your childishness

Pegleg5
24/06/2011, 4:02 PM
It is slightly childish alright from Bluepowers, but GK, I've been watching Cals for years now and am worried that ye might stuggle next year. the team ye had at the end of last season was a division 3 team at best, and that isnt me having a go at the lads who were playing cos in fairness to them they broke their arses for the club after Christmas, is just the way I see it. I have heard that ye are hoping to sign a few new players so hope it works out for ye.

Jofspring
24/06/2011, 5:53 PM
[QUOTE=midnight;1499345]STicky league this year[/QUOT

are the new seasons leagues all decided at this stage?if so where can i find them

I'd say the divisions are a while off being decided. New teams could come in yet and a few may pull out.

gk10
24/06/2011, 6:55 PM
It is slightly childish alright from Bluepowers, but GK, I've been watching Cals for years now and am worried that ye might stuggle next year. the team ye had at the end of last season was a division 3 team at best, and that isnt me having a go at the lads who were playing cos in fairness to them they broke their arses for the club after Christmas, is just the way I see it. I have heard that ye are hoping to sign a few new players so hope it works out for ye.

totally agree with you the side we had most of last year was of a poor standard but now christy kerley has come in with alot of new players were hoping to sign and well be a hell of a lot stronger if they do sign even without them towards the end of last season our performances and results improved we were unlucky against bruff and dromore and only minutes away from beating murroe so hopefully we can build on that

blueboy2
25/06/2011, 10:04 AM
totally agree with you the side we had most of last year was of a poor standard but now christy kerley has come in with alot of new players were hoping to sign and well be a hell of a lot stronger if they do sign even without them towards the end of last season our performances and results improved we were unlucky against bruff and dromore and only minutes away from beating murroe so hopefully we can build on that
Christy will bring a good few players from Weston Villa and with him all the problems he had with them as it looks like they wont have a team this season.

midnight
25/06/2011, 10:49 AM
DId they not get promoted and win a cup first time in year's . ALl club's in that area suffer same way each club wanting the better player's problem remain at club's why would he carry trouble wit him blue boy as gk said its time to grow up and leave they two new lad's have a go if they fail fair enough but you seem to be the only one giving them grief this thread is about the coming league

bluepowers
25/06/2011, 4:36 PM
im not hoping they get relegated if anything id like to see them do well but in my opinion theres alot of teams in this division better then them

bluewhitearmy
25/06/2011, 4:52 PM
From talking to lads that were with Cals last year and were training with them recently they seem far happier now.

Some handy players from around thinking about signing for them aswell because they know Christy.

I just wanna know how can Bluepowers know that there are teams better then Cals when he doesnt know who anyone has signed ?

Surely you would have to see who signs for Cals and other teams before you could judge that?

midnight
25/06/2011, 4:55 PM
From talking to lads that were with Cals last year and were training with them recently they seem far happier now.

Some handy players from aroun thinking about signing for them aswell because they know Christy.

I just wanna know how can Bluepowers know that there are teams better then Cals when he doesnt know who anyone has signed ?

Surely you would have to see who signs for Cals and other teams before you could judge that?

WEll said topic ended

blueboy2
25/06/2011, 5:24 PM
DId they not get promoted and win a cup first time in year's . ALl club's in that area suffer same way each club wanting the better player's problem remain at club's why would he carry trouble wit him blue boy as gk said its time to grow up and leave they two new lad's have a go if they fail fair enough but you seem to be the only one giving them grief this thread is about the coming league
Dont think you understand what I said if hes bringing 7 or 8 players from Weston villa with him and they all decide to leave midway through the season that leaves Cals with a big problem actually the very same problem that happened Cals last season.
They might have won a cup and promotion with Weston but their not showing much loyalty to Weston now.

midnight
25/06/2011, 6:41 PM
Dont think you understand what I said if hes bringing 7 or 8 players from Weston villa with him and they all decide to leave midway through the season that leaves Cals with a big problem actually the very same problem that happened Cals last season.
They might have won a cup and promotion with Weston but their not showing much loyalty to Weston now.

I doubt its that many source's say its a definitely 3 and there his friend's more than anything enough about all this crap .

gk10
25/06/2011, 7:47 PM
Christy will bring a good few players from Weston Villa and with him all the problems he had with them as it looks like they wont have a team this season.

i dont know many of the weston lads our what goes on at the club but from what i hear were hoping to sign lads from who were committed to weston but got sick of turning up while others didnt bother and you cant blame them for that

Jofspring
25/06/2011, 7:52 PM
Couple of handy players with Weston and they should do well with Cals but ye know yerselves lads its not like this is anything new. Players swap between Cals, Weston, Hyde and Prospect regularly. You could probably add Carew and Hill Celtic to that too.

bluepowers
25/06/2011, 9:27 PM
2A is a very tuf division cals would want to be signing very good players to compete look i hope they do well because i was involved there for years but they were done would annoy anyone . best off luck for the season

Shelbourne
Newport A
Aisling B
Knocklong
St Pats
Holycross
Corbally Utd B
Summerville B
Caledonians
Herbertstown
Killmallock B
Hyde Rangers

Pegleg5
25/06/2011, 11:30 PM
Couple of handy players with Weston and they should do well with Cals but ye know yerselves lads its not like this is anything new. Players swap between Cals, Weston, Hyde and Prospect regularly. You could probably add Carew and Hill Celtic to that too.

Are Cals holding on to ger Thompson, Ralph Marsh and Fran McEvoy- they could do with a few older heads!!!

kingofkillteely
26/06/2011, 8:15 AM
Shels are in 1b.

gk10
26/06/2011, 11:59 AM
Are Cals holding on to ger Thompson, Ralph Marsh and Fran McEvoy- they could do with a few older heads!!!

ger is going to sign but has work commitments so not sure how often he will be available not sure about ralph he stopped turning up towards the end of last season and i think franky is packing it in

thegreatone
26/06/2011, 12:53 PM
Bluepowers you seem a bit angry over your dad getting let go from cals, but if i remember when your dad was in charge you were on this saying how good cals were going to be next season, dont be saying things just because your upset about your dad getting let go.

May I add the team Cals had 2 or 3 years ago were near enough a premier team when I saw them play Regional in Munster Junior one time and for whatever reason I dont know what happened them but I dont think Cals will ever be as good for a long time again.

bluepowers
26/06/2011, 5:06 PM
he had a few players coming in that would be very good in 2a its just a pity after all the years hes spent at cals think he is the longest serving member there after saving the club by setting up a bteam not even a phone call to thank him for his services was harsh hes been with cals since schoolboy i still think and hope cals do well because there my club still no matter what happened best off luck for the season lads ..

bluewhitearmy
26/06/2011, 5:18 PM
he had a few players coming in that would be very good in 2a its just a pity after all the years hes spent at cals think he is the longest serving member there after saving the club by setting up a bteam not even a phone call to thank him for his services was harsh hes been with cals since schoolboy i still think and hope cals do well because there my club still no matter what happened best off luck for the season lads ..

You think they will do well a few posts back you were saying you thought they would struggle?

Do you even know what you are talking about?

"cals would want to be signing very good players to compete "

"but in my opinion theres alot of teams in this division better then them "

"can see cals in a scrap for relegation and thats my honest opinion with the teams thats in this division "

You said the bits in bold now you think they will do well?

bluepowers
26/06/2011, 6:13 PM
i hope they do well but they will be in a relegation battle ... in my opinion

now can we drop the subject haha

bluewhitearmy
26/06/2011, 6:18 PM
i hope they do well but they will be in a relegation battle ... in my opinion

What players have they?