PDA

View Full Version : Bombs sent to Neil Lennon, Paul McBride and Trish Godman

Pages : [1] 2

Noelys Guitar
19/04/2011, 10:42 PM
Very serious.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-13129139

Feel free to move this mods but I'm sure everyone would like to read this.

SkStu
19/04/2011, 10:45 PM
absolutely sickening.

Charlie Darwin
19/04/2011, 11:07 PM
Lennon is a seriously brave man.

Crosby87
19/04/2011, 11:16 PM
I wonder if Lennon will ever eventually manage Ireland.

BonnieShels
19/04/2011, 11:33 PM
F*ckwits.

ArdeeBhoy
20/04/2011, 1:08 AM
Par for the course at this stage....

Still Celtic and everything associated with the club are supposedly as 'bad' as certain R*ngers fans, so no-one seems to care anymore.

osarusan
20/04/2011, 1:34 AM
Moronic behaviour from morons.

Deckydee
20/04/2011, 8:01 AM
What is wrong with some people?

tetsujin1979
20/04/2011, 2:45 PM
this is messed up: http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6659/berwickrangers.jpg
and the punishment fits the crime: http://www.berwickrangers.net/newsitem.php?nid=497

Not Brazil
20/04/2011, 3:18 PM

Good luck to the Police in trying to track down the backward idiots who are behind these threats.

By the way, Kieran is a very Irish name, isn't it?

Junior
21/04/2011, 3:03 PM
and the punishment fits the crime: http://www.berwickrangers.net/newsitem.php?nid=497

Berwick have set the precedent...they are dropping like flys now......

Max McKee

http://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2011/04/21/3863/

Club Statement

Thu, 21st Apr 2011 12:31pm
The club can confirm that yesterday evening an Under 19 player was suspended with immediate effect following alleged comments on a social networking site. A disciplinary meeting will be held today and a further statement will be issued at the conclusion of that process

Dean McLean & Josh Horne

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-cen...itter-comment/

Two footballers under investigation over Neil Lennon and Celtic social media comments

Youth players from Motherwell and St Mirren linked with remarks on Twitter and Facebook.

Under investigation: Twitter page linked to Motherwell player Dean McLean under the spotlight.
Two young footballers are being investigated after comments made on Twitter and Facebook about Celtic and their manager Neil Lennon.
Josh Horne, a member of the St Mirren’s U-19 team, has been suspended by the club. An investigation has been launched into comments he apparently made on a social media site. STV News understands the investigation relates to comments about Celtic on a Facebook page linked with Mr Horne.
Meanwhile, an investigation has also been launched over a comment that appeared on 16-year-old Motherwell player Dean McLean’s Twitter page, after it emerged Mr Lennon and prominent Celtic supporters Paul McBride QC and ex-MSP Trish Godman were sent parcel bombs.
Mr McLean, under the name deeeaanno, apparently tweeted: "Bombs sent in the post to neil Lennon #hilarious"
On Thursday morning, a spokesman for the Lanarkshire club confirmed they were made aware of the posting on Mr McLean’s page, and have launched an immediate investigation. Mr McLean has never made a first team appearance for Motherwell. On the club’s website, the defender is listed in the U-19 side with the squad number 49.
The website also states the teenager is from Carluke.

Horne was apparently a former Celtic Youth player, whose brother is still on Celtics books (from what I have read on other forums)

Declan Hughes - St. Mirren u19s

No action taken so far to my knowledge but Id imagine this loveable rascal will be getting his P45 fairly soon.

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/6430/declanhughes3.png
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/929/declanhughes.png
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1016/declanhughes7.png

Good luck to the Police in trying to track down the backward idiots who are behind these threats.

By the way, Kieran is a very Irish name, isn't it?

Declan Hughes? I mean WTF?

Its all rather depressing really.........

davey
22/04/2011, 8:41 AM
Names in Glasgow/ west of scotland tell very little. Loads of Rangers fans with Irish sounding names - both christian names and surnames. A result of ignorance and lots of cross community relationships.

ArdeeBhoy
23/04/2011, 5:40 AM
You're right,guess the Irish name was one last mark left by their ancestors before they inched closer to the abyss of the dark side....

DannyInvincible
11/05/2011, 7:57 PM
In tonight's game between Hearts and Celtic, Neil Lennon has just been punched on the touchline by a Hearts fan invading the pitch. Crazy stuff.

Charlie Darwin
11/05/2011, 8:08 PM
Can't understand why he bothers with that country.

Closed Account 2
11/05/2011, 8:42 PM
It's a deeply troubled country, it's like something out of Grisham's "A Time to Kill".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcMNkaySvVk

DannyInvincible
11/05/2011, 8:56 PM
Some longer and better quality footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFPjy2fNhRM

Does Lennon stick the boot in? Insane stuff all round.

cornflakes
11/05/2011, 9:10 PM
These idiots are turning Scotland into a laughing stock. Shameful stuff

The Fly
11/05/2011, 10:19 PM
These idiots are turning Scotland into a laughing stock. Shameful stuff

Yeah,.......the Celtic fans are just as bad though, at one point I saw one giving the Hearts manager a dirty look.

geysir
11/05/2011, 10:46 PM
Does Lennon stick the boot in? Insane stuff all round.

Lennon doesn't stick the boot in and 100% of the insane stuff comes from the attacker.
How is that so difficult to grasp?

ArdeeBhoy
12/05/2011, 12:33 AM
Sure, it's a campaign of being anti-Irish, anti-Catholicism mixed in with more general racism and Lennon its primary target , :rolleyes: so why would we be even concerned....

OwlsFan
12/05/2011, 9:33 AM
Lennon doesn't stick the boot in and 100% of the insane stuff comes from the attacker.

I think you're being a bit myopic there. He does stick the boot in when the guy is on the ground and one of his assistants does as well but I don't blame him. If someone had a go at me I wouldn't hesitate to kick him.

Not Brazil
12/05/2011, 9:42 AM
Sure, it's a campaign of being anti-Irish, anti-Catholicism mixed in with more general racism and Lennon its primary target

Despicable scenes last night re: Neil Lennon

Both sets of fans were cranking it up.

What did you make of the sectarian chanting (Jim Jeffries is a sad orange *******), rascist chanting (Get the Brits out now) and support for Irish terrorists (numerous ditties) coming from Celtic fans last night?

Is it ok because "it's not as bad as Rangers"?

Celtic & Rangers = 2 peas from the same pod.

geysir
12/05/2011, 10:50 AM
I think you're being a bit myopic there. He does stick the boot in when the guy is on the ground and one of his assistants does as well but I don't blame him. If someone had a go at me I wouldn't hesitate to kick him.
I don't see the evidence so I don't use my imagination to make stuff up.
Have a look at the 5th photo and observe the positions.
Daily Mail photos (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1386060/Neil-Lennon-attacked-Hearts-fan-Celtic-match.html)

cornflakes
12/05/2011, 10:56 AM

What did you make of the sectarian chanting (Jim Jeffries is a sad orange *******), rascist chanting (Get the Brits out now) and support for Irish terrorists (numerous ditties) coming from Celtic fans last night?

I'm not a Celtic fan and don't really care about its Irishness and all that but singing a few songs ( I know they're dispicable) is not as bad as sending bombs in the post. I'd hate to see the media reaction if a Celtic fan sent Walter Smith a bomb.

Not Brazil
12/05/2011, 11:07 AM
I'm not a Celtic fan and don't really care about its Irishness and all that but singing a few songs ( I know they're dispicable) is not as bad as sending bombs in the post.

I agree.

I'm merely pointing out that sectarian/racist chanting is not exclusive to Rangers.

Will FARE be lodging an official complaint about last night's chanting from Celtic fans, do you think?

If it's ok to chant about Republican terrorists, is it not ok to chant about Loyalist terrorists?

If it's ok to chant about Brits going home, is it not ok to chant about Irish going home?

If it's ok to call someone an "orange b*st*rd", is it not ok to call someone a "f*n*an b*st*rd"?

Or maybe it's two peas from the same pod, both of which are rotten.

ArdeeBhoy
12/05/2011, 11:08 AM

Would have thought you'd have had a little more sense than that NB. And have a little more knowledge of history!
Or presumably you also object to all the R*ngers songs heartily endorsed by most Linfield fans and some of the North, which I've seen them singing in the flesh.

Flags and songs have been round for decades however, as I think you should know but it's been a while since a Celtic fan tied to assault an opposing player or official.
But no-one's sunk to the level of parcel bombs, bullets and personal assaults in the street on opposing managers or players.

Which as much of a slight on unionists in general, as anyone else?
Given the source(s) of such correspondence.

geysir
12/05/2011, 11:23 AM

The old '2 peas from the same pod' argument becomes intellectually challenged and doesn't hold water outside Scotland, where fans' behaviour becomes the subject of neutral scrutiny. In severe contrast to the Rangers fans, most every city that Celtic fans descend upon in Euro games, they have been applauded by police and opposition fans/clubs for their behaviour.

It's off on a bizarre tangent to allude that the violent campaign of intimidation against high profile Celtic fans and their manager is somehow part of the overall responsibilty of the behaviour of the Celtic fans.
The atmosphere was cranked last night. Clearly audible, right from the beginning, were loud renditions by Hearts' fans of the sectarian ditties, the 'Famine Song' and the 'Billy Boys'.

Not Brazil
12/05/2011, 11:43 AM
Would have thought you'd have had a little more sense than that NB. And have a little more knowledge of history!
Or presumably you also object to all the R*ngers songs heartily endorsed by most Linfield fans and some of the North, which I've seen them singing in the flesh.

Flags and songs have been round for decades however, as I think you should know but it's been a while since a Celtic fan tied to assault an opposing player or official.
But no-one's sunk to the level of parcel bombs, bullets and personal assaults in the street on opposing managers or players.

Which as much of a slight on unionists in general, as anyone else?
Given the source(s) of such correspondence.

I have no objections to cultural songs - TFOA, Derry's Walls etc.

I have no objection to the national flags of either the Republic of Ireland or the United Kingdom.

I strongly object to sectarian songs, and those that glorify paramilitary organisations - whatever side they come from.

I have heard such songs from both sides in Northern Ireland, Scotland and the South.

The sending of bombs and bullets in the post to Lennon, or anyone else, is abhorent - I would confidently assert that most "unionists" would agree with me on that score. Indeed, we even had a "leading loyalist" go public recently to express his thoughts on that matter. Not that I understand why he was even asked about it in the first place.

To suggest that such actions are a "slight on unionists in general" is akin to someone suggesting that the actions of dissident republican terrorists are a slight on nationalists in general. Wise up.

What are you thoughts on the repeated sectarian, racist and terrorist supporting chants eminating from Celtic fans last night?

OwlsFan
12/05/2011, 11:48 AM
I don't see the evidence so I don't use my imagination to make stuff up.
Have a look at the 5th photo and observe the positions.
Daily Mail photos (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1386060/Neil-Lennon-attacked-Hearts-fan-Celtic-match.html)

The video clearly shows him sticking the boot in but as I said, I wouldn't blame him.

On a separate issue, I do find it strange that some Celtic fans who sing IRA songs and hold up signs NO POPPIES ON OUR JERSEYS want their team to play in the English league and expect to be welcomed there by the English FA. Also what would the Scottish league be like if one of either Celtic or Rangers left? A non-event and the remaining club would probably drop to the standards of Hearts or Hibs. Like it or not they need each other so that they can continue pointing at each other: "They are the bad guys!".

DeLorean
12/05/2011, 11:56 AM
I thought Lennon had a little kick at him too from the pictures on TV, was hard enough to make out though. Makes no difference anyway he was (or would have been) well within his rights. In hindsight though, maybe taunting 40,000 lunatics at Ibrox after receiving bombs in the post wasn't the most clever approach. He should really just keep his own nose clean and it would make these pr!cks looks even worse. No point in fueling the fire of a psychopath.

Not Brazil
12/05/2011, 1:35 PM
Yeah,.......the Celtic fans are just as bad though, at one point I saw one giving the Hearts manager a dirty look.

Truly shocking as big Johan said at the end... "weve never seen anything like that before". Terrible. Well apart, I suppose, from the Celtic fan who tried to attack Dallas on the pitch..and there was the Celtic fan who attacked Dida...and I suppose you might need to consider the Celtic fan who tried to attack Ally Maxwell..and well, thinking about it, there was the Celtic fan who attacked Strachan when he was a player... Oh and the 2 Vienna players at Old Taffford... but Johan is absolutely correct, apart from those, we've certainly never seen anything like it before.

Did I forget to mention Ricksen...he'd some interesting post in his day?

Awaits denials, "ah buts" and various other head burying in the sand techniques..

ArdeeBhoy
12/05/2011, 2:11 PM
What are you thoughts on the repeated sectarian, racist and terrorist supporting chants eminating from Celtic fans last night?

And what are yours on the majority of Rangers fans singing such at the Cup Final, or Hertz, or numerous other teams. Or even your own beloved Linfield??

The songs are not v.pleasant and maybe there have been a few Celtic neds just like there's been even more anti-Celtic ones, but not even they have been part of a concerted campaign (of parcel bombs, bullets and personal attacks) against one individual, incidentally a former captain of the 'national' team you support, so I'd have thought your backing would be a little more supportive?

Not Brazil
12/05/2011, 2:49 PM
And what are yours on the majority of Rangers fans singing such at the Cup Final, or Hertz, or numerous other teams. Or even your own beloved Linfield??

The songs are not v.pleasant

I answered that question, clearly, in post #29

So, sectarian songs and those gloryfying paramilitary organisations are "not v. pleasant"?

Ok.

TiocfaidhArmani
12/05/2011, 3:01 PM
I agree.

I'm merely pointing out that sectarian/racist chanting is not exclusive to Rangers.

Will FARE be lodging an official complaint about last night's chanting from Celtic fans, do you think?

If it's ok to chant about Republican terrorists, is it not ok to chant about Loyalist terrorists?

If it's ok to chant about Brits going home, is it not ok to chant about Irish going home?

If it's ok to call someone an "orange b*st*rd", is it not ok to call someone a "f*n*an b*st*rd"?

Or maybe it's two peas from the same pod, both of which are rotten.

Yes it is okay to sing about The Boys of the Old Brigade. Nothing sectarian about singing about the 1916 Rising. They were terrorists.

Calling someone an orange ******* is making a statement someone belongs in a bigoted organisation. Much the same as the KKK are racists, the Orange Order is a bigoted, sectarian organisation.

I don't see any Rangers employees receiving bullets, threats or bombs in the mail. What Rangers employee is being attacked on the touchlines? What one is being attacked out on the street like Lennon has? Or in his car with his daughter in the car?

Two peas in the same pod my hairy arse!

ArdeeBhoy
12/05/2011, 3:13 PM
So, sectarian songs and those gloryfying paramilitary organisations are "not v. pleasant"?

Well unless we're indulging in a mad rush for 'whataboutery', I'm willing to live with/put up with a few songs or flags in the main, even if some of the former are paranoid in extreme.

I'd rather see an end to hate campaigns directed at one or two individuals and attacks on other people, eg. police, non-white immigrants in the North/W.of Scotland and also the anti-Irish & RC (whatever their relative faults) attacks in both of these parts of 'Britain'.

Not Brazil
12/05/2011, 3:16 PM
Yes it is okay to sing about The Boys of the Old Brigade. Nothing sectarian about singing about the 1916 Rising. They were terrorists.

Calling someone an orange ******* is making a statement someone belongs in a bigoted organisation. Much the same as the KKK are racists, the Orange Order is a bigoted, sectarian organisation.

I don't see any Rangers employees receiving bullets, threats or bombs in the mail. What Rangers employee is being attacked on the touchlines? What one is being attacked out on the street like Lennon has? Or in his car with his daughter in the car?

Two peas in the same pod my hairy arse!

Ok to sing about the Provos too?

UVF ok for you - both old and new?

Is Jim Jeffries in the OO?

What colours are your National flag? How does that sit with "orange b*stards"?

Fernando Ricksen.

Two rotten peas, cut out of the same, dirty, pod.

Sweep, sweep, sweep.

Not Brazil
12/05/2011, 3:19 PM
I'd rather see an end to hate campaigns directed at one or two individuals and attacks on other people, eg. police, non-white immigrants in the North/W.of Scotland and also the anti-Irish & RC (whatever their relative faults) attacks in both of these parts of 'Britain'.

Me too.

I'd also like to see the end of the complete demonisation of an entire community, based on their, wholly legitimate, "politics".

From now on, you're ok with UVF songs then?

Charlie Darwin
12/05/2011, 3:23 PM
Not to throw a spanner in the works or anything, but...

A CELTIC fan who made monkey gestures towards Rangers player El Hadji Diouf during an Old Firm game has been jailed for three months.
Racist Sean Smith taunted the West African striker as he took a corner kick for the Ibrox side in February this year.

The 19-year-old was reported to police by fellow Celtic fans who were disgusted by his behaviour and was later arrested after his photograph appeared in a Sunday newspaper.

Everybody knows there's a boorish sectarian element among both sets off fans but right now it's only some of those on the blue side who are ramping it up to outright criminality.

The Fly
12/05/2011, 3:50 PM
Truly shocking as big Johan said at the end... "weve never seen anything like that before". Terrible. Well apart, I suppose, from the Celtic fan who tried to attack Dallas on the pitch..and there was the Celtic fan who attacked Dida...and I suppose you might need to consider the Celtic fan who tried to attack Ally Maxwell..and well, thinking about it, there was the Celtic fan who attacked Strachan when he was a player... Oh and the 2 Vienna players at Old Taffford... but Johan is absolutely correct, apart from those, we've certainly never seen anything like it before.

Did I forget to mention Ricksen...he'd some interesting post in his day?

Awaits denials, "ah buts" and various other head burying in the sand techniques..

I suspect that he was referring specifically to an attack on a football manager, not to attacks on players or referees, in which case his assertion was quite correct.

Of the particular incidents that you mention, the attempted attack on Gordon Strachan and the two Rapid Vienna players were of an era when hooliganism was an almost weekly occurrence at British football grounds. Nevertheless, I would condemn any act of hooliganism by any set of supporters, past, future or present.

The "attack" on Dida was indeed shocking, so shocking that Dida was charged by UEFA with breaching rules upholding "loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship," as it was deemed that his injury was feigned. He was consequently punished with a two-match suspension. Perhaps not the best example to have used.

Despite my ignorance of the other incidents that you mention, which is due simply to their lack of renown and my only passing interest in Celtic, my previously stated condemnation still applies.

I'm somewhat surprised that you awaited denials, or other Ostrich-like behaviour.

Not Brazil
12/05/2011, 5:06 PM
Despite my ignorance of the other incidents that you mention, which is due simply to their lack of renown and my only passing interest in Celtic, my previously stated condemnation still applies.

I'm somewhat surprised that you awaited denials, or other Ostrich-like behaviour.

Apologies Fly - I wasn't referring to you specifically.

From our past discussions, I know that it is not your form to act like a big bird.

I also know and respect you to be someone who calls bigotry/sectarianism/racism etc wrong - from wherever it comes from.

The Fly
12/05/2011, 5:30 PM
Apologies Fly - I wasn't referring to you specifically.

Dammit.....now I have to get off my high horse.

(I suspected that anyway NB, so there's no need to apologise. It's just that the view's better from up here)

From our past discussions, I know that it is not your form to act like a big bird.

Cheers!...........I have been accused of acting like a tit, but that's a small bird.

I also know and respect you to be someone who calls bigotry/sectarianism/racism etc wrong - from wherever it comes from.

Alright, you're embarrassing me now. :o

bennocelt
12/05/2011, 6:32 PM

Are you joking me or what! Barely touched him!

DannyInvincible
12/05/2011, 7:18 PM
The Dida incident involved a fan tickling Dida's right shoulder in mock commiseration as he by-passed the keeper on his invasive journey across the pitch to attempt to celebrate with the Celtic players. Certainly not an attack or anything remotely of the sort.

ArdeeBhoy
12/05/2011, 11:32 PM
I'd also like to see the end of the complete demonisation of an entire community, based on their, wholly legitimate, "politics".

From now on, you're ok with UVF songs then?

Hmm, the British state in all its guises, 'legitimate', please discuss??

And 'UVF' songs, besides 'Simply* the Best' with changed lyrics, do they have any others?? Do share.
(Never has the title * of a song been more apt!)

Though suspect the songs you allude to won't be as colourful as The Sash, say. Which I like.
It must be my 'heritage'. :eek:

The Fly
13/05/2011, 12:31 AM
AB, do you speak the way you type?

ArdeeBhoy
13/05/2011, 11:14 PM
It depends who I'm talking to.
:rolleyes:

DannyInvincible
13/05/2011, 11:20 PM

Excuse my insolence. :p

The picture quality of what I saw was pretty blurry, not having the luxury of a HD television, or anything remotely close to it, but it did look like the attacker sparked a bit of a reaction out of Lennon. Whether he managed to get a kick in or not, I couldn't make out for sure, nor can I still. That's not necessarily an indictment of Lennon, however, as I've seen/heard attempts to attach blame for this squarely back with himself; I'd also feel pretty p*ssed off and shaken in the heat of the moment right after a clip to the jaw, as would most people I'd imagine. Lennon is a tough, provocative and clearly inflammatory character (as are many in football, of course, although the difference is they generally don't have to put up with criminal threats to their lives and safety that Lennon so frequently does), but as you correctly say, and I should clarify, the insanity is not his fault or doing; whether it be the death threats, the bullets, the parcel bombs or this incident. I suppose the surreal nature of everything that has gone on with regard to Lennon is what I was referring to really. Whether he winds incitable idiots up or not, it doesn't justify the disproportionate and criminal reaction to which he has been subjected. It would be like placing the blame for a rape on the victim for wearing a "provocative" skirt. Add to this the fact that Niall McGinn and Paddy McCourt have had to put up with similar crap to Lennon (bullets through the post), yet I don't recall them ever provoking anyone by anything other than, it would appear, their northern Catholic-nationalist background. Which, of course, they can do nothing about and is no crime. It's also the one thing they share in common with Lennon.

ArdeeBhoy
13/05/2011, 11:30 PM
Alan 'Tommo' Thompson definitely gave yer man a dig.

And if you want a 'balanced reaction', read http://www.wsc.co.uk/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,73/func,view/id,384641/catid,27/limit,20/limitstart,800
from around p.41.
There's no point linking to directly to Celtic or R*ngers MB's, as they're generally 'members only'.

By 'balanced', I'm being sarcastic.

Though there are a mixture of posters, inc. our own 'Gather Round'.
See if you can spot him?
:eek:

Gather round
14/05/2011, 12:15 AM
AB, do you speak the way you type?

He sounds even more from Worcester in real life.