PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Latest (4th/5th March)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

thischarmingman
03/03/2011, 9:11 PM
Friday 4th March

Premier Division

Bray Wanderers - Bohemians
Derry City - Sligo Rovers
Drogheda United - UCD
Galway United - St Patrick's Athletic
Shamrock Rovers - Dundalk (19.35)

First Division

Cork City - Wexford Youths
Waterford United - Athlone Town
Finn Harps - Limerick
Salthill Devon - Mervue United

Saturday 5th

First Division

Longford Town - Shelbourne

Previews:
RTE (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/ireland_index.html)
ET (http://extratime.ie/)

Sorry, was too excited to wait!

bullit
03/03/2011, 9:18 PM
WHOOO-HOOO !!!
Now we are back !!

PartySaint
03/03/2011, 9:21 PM
Must be one of those short weekends we have once a year:(

JC_GUFC
04/03/2011, 7:33 AM
Rovers v Dundalk is at 19:35

Fester
04/03/2011, 7:44 AM
At last. Bring it on!

SkStu
04/03/2011, 2:17 PM
Rovers v Dundalk is at 19:35

its on rte tonight, right?

Dunny
04/03/2011, 2:36 PM
Yeah.

SwanVsDalton
04/03/2011, 3:16 PM
Is the licensing season over already? But that's where the real action is... :(

Acornvilla
04/03/2011, 3:38 PM
Woo football!, How i've missed you, shame I cant be at the flansiro :(

Flexy
04/03/2011, 3:51 PM
Is the licensing season over already? But that's where the real action is... :(
Derry City council ( Crowd money grabbers with no brains ) have confirmed that the Brandywell will have a reduced capacity of 770 seats on the Southend Park Stand until further notice. Part of it has failed a H&S inspection by Sports NI. Why do they announce this on the day of the season. Unbelievable !!!!!!. Council in Derry are a crowd of muppetts they havent got a clue

Sam_Heggy
04/03/2011, 5:04 PM
Harps Match will be covered on Finn Harps Radio http://www.ustream.tv/channel/finn-harps-radio
All 3 members of the commentary team are posters on here, most notable contributor being the mad cap Mr.A.

thischarmingman
04/03/2011, 5:09 PM
Harps Match will be covered on Finn Harps Radio http://www.ustream.tv/channel/finn-harps-radio
All 3 members of the commentary team are posters on here, most notable contributor being the mad cap Mr.A.

Madcap or mad cap...?

http://www.uglychart.com/pics/Crazy_hat.jpg

Sam_Heggy
04/03/2011, 5:17 PM
Madcap or mad cap...?

http://www.uglychart.com/pics/Crazy_hat.jpg

Well actually, now that you mention it, that looks uncannigly like him and his broadcasting cap.

SwanVsDalton
04/03/2011, 5:54 PM
Derry City council ( Crowd money grabbers with no brains ) have confirmed that the Brandywell will have a reduced capacity of 770 seats on the Southend Park Stand until further notice. Part of it has failed a H&S inspection by Sports NI. Why do they announce this on the day of the season. Unbelievable !!!!!!. Council in Derry are a crowd of muppetts they havent got a clue

Are we even sure what part is closed? Jokeshop stuff announcing it today, absolute shambles.

micls
04/03/2011, 6:59 PM
Jeez, things must have been really bad for Oman at Bohs, he couldn't even afford a haircut!

micls
04/03/2011, 7:01 PM
Well that'l ruin what looked a great game. Stupid from Cherrie

BonnieShels
04/03/2011, 7:02 PM
Ha, Cherrie, Red... :)

I'll get my coat.

EAFC_rdfl
04/03/2011, 7:03 PM
she's naw working!

thischarmingman
04/03/2011, 7:05 PM
Ah, it's epic having footie back.

thischarmingman
04/03/2011, 7:09 PM
Are we all aware Bray are a goal up against Bohs?

http://www.futbol24.com/Live/?__igp=1&LiveDate=&l=23400&l=23403

micls
04/03/2011, 7:09 PM
Bray and Harps both 1 up

SwanVsDalton
04/03/2011, 7:20 PM
Are we all aware Bray are a goal up against Bohs?

http://www.futbol24.com/Live/?__igp=1&LiveDate=&l=23400&l=23403

Foot.ie should've had a pre-season updates thread to get rid of the rustiness...

Dunny
04/03/2011, 7:21 PM
Get in Jayo

SkStu
04/03/2011, 7:22 PM
Bohs 1-1 Fagan peno
Rovers one down - bwahahaha - Jayo peno

thischarmingman
04/03/2011, 7:22 PM
Spoke too soon, Dunny.

micls
04/03/2011, 7:23 PM
1-1 McCabe. Poor keeping.

SkStu
04/03/2011, 7:28 PM
2-1 Bohs (Brennan)

we are top of the league, say we are top of the league! ;)

thischarmingman
04/03/2011, 7:29 PM
F*cking hell.

Zayed pen saved then he balloons the rebound over the bar.

micls
04/03/2011, 7:41 PM
City 1 up, Vinny Sullivan.

Harps 2-1 up against Limerick

thischarmingman
04/03/2011, 7:47 PM
Shams 3-1 up.

SkStu
04/03/2011, 8:11 PM
3-1 Bowez

SkStu
04/03/2011, 8:12 PM
back on top on alphabetical order.

GET IN! Go on the alphabets!

SkStu
04/03/2011, 8:22 PM
Jake Kelly missed a second peno for Bray.

Schumi
04/03/2011, 8:27 PM
UCD 1-0 up. Cillian Morrison.

thischarmingman
04/03/2011, 8:34 PM
Ah frustration, anger, misery, depression and despair- how I missed you...

SkStu
04/03/2011, 8:36 PM
Pats 3 up. Im sickened.

F*ck the alphabet.

Schumi
04/03/2011, 8:41 PM
The alphabet is just an anti-UCD conspiracy.

Dunny
04/03/2011, 9:33 PM
Adrian Kennedy calling LOI aload of shi*e

CSFShels
04/03/2011, 9:46 PM
Drogs-UCD was probably the worst game I've seen. Drogs have to be down there with the kind of quality of Mervue and Salthill and UCD are only marginally better. I predict a long season for both sides.

OneForTheFuture
04/03/2011, 9:47 PM
He is as bad a pundit as Pat Dolan.

Sam_Heggy
04/03/2011, 10:10 PM
What an event and action packed game in Finn Park.
2 Red Cards, the worst referee EVER, Pat Scully being his usual ars€hole self, 4 goals, great atmosphere and my throat is wrecked.

Limerick were far better side in 1st half but we were more clinical, 1st Division beware, Kevin McHugh is in absolutely superb shape. He will terrorize defences this season.
Second half Harps were the better side playing some lovely ball.
Mark Forker was sent off after he clearly won the ball, now, unfortunately his momentum carried him into Sheehan and injured the lad but it was never even a foul never mind a red.
Harps also had a fantastic chance where McHugh was cleaned out of it, the ball broke to Tommy Bonner one on one with Ryan surely 3-1. nope, the ref called it back and only booked the defender. He didn't blow the whistle until Tommy was on the edge of the Limerick box.
Stephen "spits at the scumbag" O'Flynn then gets a red card for head-butting Packie Mailey.
Limericks 2nd goal was also bizarre, Tommy Bonner and O'Leary went in for a 50-50 header, a header which Tommy won before they clashed heads. The ball was with our right back Doherty when the ref blew up to allow for treatment.
The re-start was a contested drop ball which Limerick got the break and scored.
Harps created chances but in the end the general opinion was that we were robbed. We should have been 3-1 up with 11 players, yet ended up 2-2 with 10.

New season, and probably the worst referee performance of the season already.

Charlie Darwin
04/03/2011, 10:31 PM
Adrian Kennedy calling LOI aload of shi*e
Funny, do a poll at any LOI match and they'd probably call him a load of shi*e too.

Ropey performance from the Rovers today and Dundalk were the far superior team while they had 11 men and up until half time. I take back my reservations about Finn - he was quality in the centre with McCabe and O'Neill also impressive. We looked like a team that hasn't played much together but definitely got the quality there once it clicks. Disappointed not to see Sheppard (was he on the bench?) and look forward to getting a look at Kilduff and O'Donnell when they return.

SupaJon
04/03/2011, 10:43 PM
Who was the No. 8 for Bohs tonight?
Class player.

TonyD
04/03/2011, 10:44 PM
Pats 3 up. Im sickened.

F*ck the alphabet.

;) We are toppa the league, say we are toppa the league!!! Yee-har.

harpstilidie
04/03/2011, 10:51 PM
Worst referee ever. Wherever he is next week, beware. Unbelievable decisions.

Ezeikial
04/03/2011, 10:53 PM
Ropey performance from the Rovers today and Dundalk were the far superior team while they had 11 men and up until half time. I take back my reservations about Finn - he was quality in the centre with McCabe and O'Neill also impressive. We looked like a team that hasn't played much together but definitely got the quality there once it clicks. Disappointed not to see Sheppard (was he on the bench?) and look forward to getting a look at Kilduff and O'Donnell when they return.

Rovers were deserved winners in the end, as you would expect with an extra man advantage for nearly 70 minutes. Poor mistake from Cherrie and red card was correct call. Based on the first 20 minutes (maybe even the first 45 minutes) Dundalk were defo the better team and must rue the failure to convert the chances. Apart from Cherries red card, poor keeping from replacement Murphy for the 1st Rovers goal, and a moment of madness from Hawkins for the 2nd one.

Impressed with O'Neill, Twigg and Finn, although Gary McCabe carried on his diving from last season (he really deserves to be in the same side as Killian Brennan). For Dundalk good stuff from Jayo and Dean Bennett, while Kearns again showed glimses of why he is going to be a premier and international star.

Disappointed with the result, but encouraged by the performance especially when it was 11 v 11

BonnieShels
04/03/2011, 10:56 PM
Normality returns thank Feck. No more Termonbarry talk til November.
Roll on the Flansiro tomorrow!

Charlie Darwin
04/03/2011, 11:06 PM
Rovers were deserved winners in the end, as you would expect with an extra man advantage for nearly 70 minutes. Poor mistake from Cherrie and red card was correct call. Based on the first 20 minutes (maybe even the first 45 minutes) Dundalk were defo the better team and must rue the failure to convert the chances. Apart from Cherries red card, poor keeping from replacement Murphy for the 1st Rovers goal, and a moment of madness from Hawkins for the 2nd one.

Impressed with O'Neill, Twigg and Finn, although Gary McCabe carried on his diving from last season (he really deserves to be in the same side as Killian Brennan). For Dundalk good stuff from Jayo and Dean Bennett, while Kearns again showed glimses of why he is going to be a premier and international star.

Disappointed with the result, but encouraged by the performance especially when it was 11 v 11
Agree completely on Kearns. The first half was boring for long spells and I took to just watching his movement and he looks like he's going to be a super, super player. I think he'll learn everything he can at a good footballing Dundalk team and try again in the Championship next year or the year after.

de bowez
04/03/2011, 11:19 PM
Who was the No. 8 for Bohs tonight?
Class player.

Chris Fagan, looks a class act alright.

MyTown
04/03/2011, 11:30 PM
Pats had it all too easy in Galway on a glorious night for football. I thought we did really well in the first half, but I don't think Pats were flattered by the result. Daryl Kavanagh was brilliant all the way through and probably deserved a goal. McFaul cruised through the whole match and seems to always play brilliantly in Terryland.

For us I thought Shaun Maher & Shaun Kelly had great first halfs & Bobby Ryan did his best too but Murphy's goal coming so early in the second half stunned us & McMillan's so soon after was a knockout blow.

Long road ahead, but plenty to build on from the first half display.