PDA

View Full Version : Could Cobh be back in the First Division?

Jofspring
09/02/2011, 5:12 PM
Looks like Fingal are going to be gone (13 players just released)* so a place is going to become available with teams being bumped up.

Cobh apply for a first division license? I take it they did and will get it.
Cobh in a position to move back up? Ye did very well last season and no reason ye can't compete with Salthill and Mervue.

*http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0209/sportingfingal.html

Comic Book Guy
09/02/2011, 6:52 PM
I hope we will be allowed back, God I miss the LOI proper, I don't think we ever should have been put out in the first place but that's just my own tuppence worth, if we got back in it would be great but there is a huge amount of work to be done.

don ramo
09/02/2011, 6:52 PM
were back: a cobh ramblers story:D:D

yeah it would be great to get back into the first divison and have some regular football back at St.Colemans Park,

but ill restrain myslef untill i hear official word, the club still seems to be up in the air, i heard we signed a few former players a week or two ago, we signed 5 in total how many are former players im unsure,

would love to be back, and i hope it happens, and well be back where we belong,

Jofspring
10/02/2011, 12:05 AM

yeah it would be great to get back into the first divison and have some regular football back at St.Colemans Park,

but ill restrain myslef untill i hear official word, the club still seems to be up in the air, i heard we signed a few former players a week or two ago, we signed 5 in total how many are former players im unsure,

Martin Deady possibly one i'd say. He was released by Limerick. Think he wanted to go himself as he would be competing with Frost for left full.

Bluebeard
10/02/2011, 4:23 AM
I hope you're back - Cobh always added something to the league, and were a sad loss. Fingers crossed for ye.

Jofspring
10/02/2011, 11:11 AM
Would suit us if Cobh where back, Cork, Cobh, Mervue, Salthill and Waterford would all be nice handy away trips travel wise. I suppose Athlone, Longford and even Shels now with the new motorway ain't too bad. Finn Harps, Mons and Wexford would be the only ones with a bit of travel.

Never seen Limerick win down in Cobh but always enjoyed the trip down regardless.

micls
10/02/2011, 11:15 AM
Hope ye're back. A nice couple of derby games.

Onefootednopace
10/02/2011, 12:01 PM

How are things behind the scenes at Ramblers ?

don ramo
10/02/2011, 6:50 PM
How are things behind the scenes at Ramblers ?

im not 100% but i heard the FAI are set to take over the running of the club, there suppose to install 2 or 3 people to run it, theyre suppose to put forward a lump sum to help us start paying off our debths, with the rest of the money being raised by the club itself,

this was suppose to happen last year but the people they had to go in didnt like the terms so backed out,

so as i said its totally up in the air

costs have been cut all round, some games the player drive or get lifts to games, no a great prep for any game, but to be fair the lads did well last year with though curcumstances,

paudie
10/02/2011, 9:33 PM
It would make sense for Cobh to be put back in Div 1. I wonder if the club would be ready at such short notice. Ye'd make a few bob from the derbies though!

Onefootednopace
11/02/2011, 12:16 PM
im not 100% but i heard the FAI are set to take over the running of the club, there suppose to install 2 or 3 people to run it, theyre suppose to put forward a lump sum to help us start paying off our debths, with the rest of the money being raised by the club itself,

this was suppose to happen last year but the people they had to go in didnt like the terms so backed out,

so as i said its totally up in the air

costs have been cut all round, some games the player drive or get lifts to games, no a great prep for any game, but to be fair the lads did well last year with though curcumstances,

Hopefully the F.A.I.'s offer still stands and Ramblers committee / members can start working towards rejoining the league proper. It would take a bit of work to get everything in order but with the right people involved anything is possible.

Onefootednopace
11/02/2011, 12:22 PM
It would make sense for Cobh to be put back in Div 1. I wonder if the club would be ready at such short notice. Ye'd make a few bob from the derbies though!

City had little or no time to prepare for last season but eventually got up and running through the hard work of FORAS and others. It can be done.

Jofspring
11/02/2011, 6:32 PM
I would think if ye got first division football he would stay with ye. Don't think its confirmed yet that he signed for Cork is it?

Think the Behan thing fell through also.

CityRebel
12/02/2011, 6:47 AM
All we can do is hope definitly no point in getting excited until we hear official word. Just read this article there, http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4919/ Jamie Murphy would be a big loss to us if he goes, he should hang on another year or so because realistically will he get a chance with City?? Not going to get in ahead over Cummins or the Dav and with all the rumours of Behan and O'Flynn helping them out for the summer months he could be in trouble. And also to be fair Dave Hill is developing young players at a frightening rate, another year with him would be very beneficial.

I'd have Jamie Murphy ahead of Behan, and haven't heard anything about Flynny coming back. Flynny shouldn't have a problem getting a club in England.

micls
12/02/2011, 10:18 AM
The Behan thing has fallen trhough alright afaik. Never heard the O Flynn rumour and would be very skeptical.

We currently have 2 strikers, Cummins and Sullivan. Tommy doesn't play Davin upfront. If Murphy's as good as reported he's bound to get a chance and if he takes it could get a spot handily enough. We don't exactly have a wealth of attacking talent.

chimpster
12/02/2011, 4:20 PM
The Behan thing has fallen trhough alright afaik. Never heard the O Flynn rumour and would be very skeptical.

We currently have 2 strikers, Cummins and Sullivan. Tommy doesn't play Davin upfront. If Murphy's as good as reported he's bound to get a chance and if he takes it could get a spot handily enough. We don't exactly have a wealth of attacking talent.

OT! :silly:

Sam_Heggy
13/02/2011, 9:27 AM
Macca, will I keep a seat for ya in Finn Park on 11th March just in case :)

Onefootednopace
13/02/2011, 6:50 PM
Still, he'd be far better off staying with us!! Anyway he's rubbish don't know why City are interested in him :P

Looks like Tommy Dunne has not taken your advice !!

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2011/02/12/city-sign-jamie-murphy/

Comic Book Guy
14/02/2011, 11:44 AM
Well it looks like we can forget about the first we only got an A-license, yet another year of this ****e. Make of that what you will. If you think that's bad Galway only got an A-license.

the sub
14/02/2011, 2:20 PM
Well it looks like we can forget about the first we only got an A-license, yet another year of this ****e. Make of that what you will. If you think that's bad Galway only got an A-license.
Well it looks like the true meaning of saving the club just proved all misleading statements. Why did the last 3 commettee members apply for the licence when they knew that revenue was not paid. False hope again club a shambles all the hard work Dave Hill players have put in over the last two year meant nothing.if they went and won the play off they would not have got the 1st Div licence .. Someone needs to come in and take control of thd club no FAI as promised

culloty82
14/02/2011, 4:28 PM
At least this is the last year of the A Championship, so once you keep the show on the road for 12 months, all five clubs will probably be playing in the First Division next year.

the sub
14/02/2011, 6:51 PM
[QUOTE=bellavistaman;1453472]All clubs have 5 days to appeal, i wonder could we appeal and get in. We more than have the facilities although theres some dodgy rumours going around cobh that dont reflect well on the club. Apparantly we have no-one to blame but ourselves. Im glad in a way the lads didnt get promotion, because this would have been heartbreaking if we should have been there.[/QUOTE
What do u mean about t promotion

the sub
15/02/2011, 11:30 AM
In hindsight if we had have won the playoffs, and the lads were super excited about playing in the first Division since November, and then today they would have found out that despite all their hard work they wont be playing in the first division regardless. I think that would have been a huge mental blow for them all to take, and a huge set back to all of them

I agree to what you write .. But look this is the 3rd season without loi football. The debts have remained noone supporting the club noone using the bar as far has I'm aware no one investing in the club on one clearing the debts revenue not paid .the FAI every week are suppose to be taking over the club and get it up and running has not happened the club do not have a elected commettee for over 2 years . Who is running the club because we will be having the same chat again this time next year and it will be too late because as you know the league is changing and cobh will not get a licence . What can be done to get cobh back to where it should be Dave Hill doing a fantstic job with a very young team and someone should now start looking to the future and bring back the supporters to run the club just like .. Shamrock Rovers Galway and Cork .

culloty82
04/11/2011, 8:55 PM
Any word on if you're applying for a First Division licence this year? Everything has to be in order by the end of the month, but I suppose none of the clubs will hear anything before February as usual.

bluewhitearmy
05/11/2011, 11:47 AM
Told by a lad that says he will be playing for Cobh next year that they will be applying for a First Division licence......Really hope its true would love to see ye back.

Comic Book Guy
06/11/2011, 11:42 AM
I hope your right but there a number of off the field issues to be sorted first, we have been told that a deal is imminent for the last 2 years now! It would be great to be back but I think most people want the off the field issues sorted first.

CraftyToePoke
12/11/2011, 6:30 AM
Well, I would be delighted to see Cobh back in the LOI proper again and I hope it can be worked out. Always enjoyed the Cobh fixture, all the way back to when ye used to visit Ballygowan Park in Newcastle West, and latterly the Limerick fixtures.

chimpster
16/11/2011, 9:49 PM
Don't hold your breath. Red letter day looming large for us next month, we'll need a miracle to survive at all. :money:

nr637
28/11/2011, 12:03 PM
"Yeah if they'd had a tax clearance cert last year they'd have been back in the First Division. According to those on the Cobh forum there hasn't been any money paid off since."

This was posted on a foot.ie thread.

What is the current situation?

Anyone with genuine information please.

culloty82
29/11/2011, 1:08 PM
The sub seems to have all the up-to-date info in the middle of this page - he'll know if matters have improved since then.