Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Cobh be back in the First Division?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts

Question Could Cobh be back in the First Division?

Looks like Fingal are going to be gone (13 players just released)* so a place is going to become available with teams being bumped up.

Cobh apply for a first division license? I take it they did and will get it.
    Cobh in a position to move back up? Ye did very well last season and no reason ye can't compete with Salthill and Mervue.

*http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/...ingfingal.html
    Last edited by Jofspring; 09/02/2011 at 5:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    I hope we will be allowed back, God I miss the LOI proper, I don't think we ever should have been put out in the first place but that's just my own tuppence worth, if we got back in it would be great but there is a huge amount of work to be done.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    were back: a cobh ramblers story

yeah it would be great to get back into the first divison and have some regular football back at St.Colemans Park,

but ill restrain myslef untill i hear official word, the club still seems to be up in the air, i heard we signed a few former players a week or two ago, we signed 5 in total how many are former players im unsure,

would love to be back, and i hope it happens, and well be back where we belong,
    Last edited by don ramo; 09/02/2011 at 10:05 PM.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post

yeah it would be great to get back into the first divison and have some regular football back at St.Colemans Park,

but ill restrain myslef untill i hear official word, the club still seems to be up in the air, i heard we signed a few former players a week or two ago, we signed 5 in total how many are former players im unsure,

Martin Deady possibly one i'd say. He was released by Limerick. Think he wanted to go himself as he would be competing with Frost for left full.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I hope you're back - Cobh always added something to the league, and were a sad loss. Fingers crossed for ye.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Would suit us if Cobh where back, Cork, Cobh, Mervue, Salthill and Waterford would all be nice handy away trips travel wise. I suppose Athlone, Longford and even Shels now with the new motorway ain't too bad. Finn Harps, Mons and Wexford would be the only ones with a bit of travel.

Never seen Limerick win down in Cobh but always enjoyed the trip down regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Hope ye're back. A nice couple of derby games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

How are things behind the scenes at Ramblers ?
    "Garlic bread - it’s the future, I’ve tasted it."
    Brian Potter - Phoenix Nights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onefootednopace View Post
    How are things behind the scenes at Ramblers ?
    im not 100% but i heard the FAI are set to take over the running of the club, there suppose to install 2 or 3 people to run it, theyre suppose to put forward a lump sum to help us start paying off our debths, with the rest of the money being raised by the club itself,

this was suppose to happen last year but the people they had to go in didnt like the terms so backed out,

so as i said its totally up in the air

costs have been cut all round, some games the player drive or get lifts to games, no a great prep for any game, but to be fair the lads did well last year with though curcumstances,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    It would make sense for Cobh to be put back in Div 1. I wonder if the club would be ready at such short notice. Ye'd make a few bob from the derbies though!
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    im not 100% but i heard the FAI are set to take over the running of the club, there suppose to install 2 or 3 people to run it, theyre suppose to put forward a lump sum to help us start paying off our debths, with the rest of the money being raised by the club itself,

this was suppose to happen last year but the people they had to go in didnt like the terms so backed out,

so as i said its totally up in the air

costs have been cut all round, some games the player drive or get lifts to games, no a great prep for any game, but to be fair the lads did well last year with though curcumstances,
    Hopefully the F.A.I.'s offer still stands and Ramblers committee / members can start working towards rejoining the league proper. It would take a bit of work to get everything in order but with the right people involved anything is possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paudie View Post
    It would make sense for Cobh to be put back in Div 1. I wonder if the club would be ready at such short notice. Ye'd make a few bob from the derbies though!
    City had little or no time to prepare for last season but eventually got up and running through the hard work of FORAS and others. It can be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I would think if ye got first division football he would stay with ye. Don't think its confirmed yet that he signed for Cork is it?

Think the Behan thing fell through also.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    All we can do is hope definitly no point in getting excited until we hear official word. Just read this article there, http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4919/ Jamie Murphy would be a big loss to us if he goes, he should hang on another year or so because realistically will he get a chance with City?? Not going to get in ahead over Cummins or the Dav and with all the rumours of Behan and O'Flynn helping them out for the summer months he could be in trouble. And also to be fair Dave Hill is developing young players at a frightening rate, another year with him would be very beneficial.
    I'd have Jamie Murphy ahead of Behan, and haven't heard anything about Flynny coming back. Flynny shouldn't have a problem getting a club in England.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    The Behan thing has fallen trhough alright afaik. Never heard the O Flynn rumour and would be very skeptical.

We currently have 2 strikers, Cummins and Sullivan. Tommy doesn't play Davin upfront. If Murphy's as good as reported he's bound to get a chance and if he takes it could get a spot handily enough. We don't exactly have a wealth of attacking talent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    The Behan thing has fallen trhough alright afaik. Never heard the O Flynn rumour and would be very skeptical.

We currently have 2 strikers, Cummins and Sullivan. Tommy doesn't play Davin upfront. If Murphy's as good as reported he's bound to get a chance and if he takes it could get a spot handily enough. We don't exactly have a wealth of attacking talent.
    OT!
    Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. Brian Clough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Macca, will I keep a seat for ya in Finn Park on 11th March just in case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Still, he'd be far better off staying with us!! Anyway he's rubbish don't know why City are interested in him :P
    Looks like Tommy Dunne has not taken your advice !!

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2011/...-jamie-murphy/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Well it looks like we can forget about the first we only got an A-license, yet another year of this ****e. Make of that what you will. If you think that's bad Galway only got an A-license.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Guy View Post
    Well it looks like we can forget about the first we only got an A-license, yet another year of this ****e. Make of that what you will. If you think that's bad Galway only got an A-license.
    Well it looks like the true meaning of saving the club just proved all misleading statements. Why did the last 3 commettee members apply for the licence when they knew that revenue was not paid. False hope again club a shambles all the hard work Dave Hill players have put in over the last two year meant nothing.if they went and won the play off they would not have got the 1st Div licence .. Someone needs to come in and take control of thd club no FAI as promised

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast