PDA

View Full Version : Epl 2010/11

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

DeLorean
25/01/2011, 3:37 PM
Sky sack Andy Gray (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9373280.stm)

Must admit, I wasn't expecting that.

Cuyahoga
25/01/2011, 3:41 PM
He wont be missed. He lick-arses the big clubs. Good riddance!

OwlsFan
25/01/2011, 4:05 PM
It's poetic justice that a man who spent 30% of his commentaries having a go at referees or linesmen without any comeback should end up being sacked because of his off air comments about a lineswoman.

SwanVsDalton
25/01/2011, 5:54 PM
Andy Gray is anti-football. Good riddance.

shakermaker1982
25/01/2011, 8:36 PM
A great day for football. No more "I love you Stevie G, JT and Lamps or take a bow son, take a bow"

What a turnaround by United tonight. Rooney subbed and United score 3.

CraftyToePoke
26/01/2011, 12:05 AM
Rooney subbed and United score 3. Could be said of Gibson also, he has work to do after tonight I'd reckon.

And football will definitely be a better place without Andy Gray, pity they dont flush his cohort as well. Good riddance.

OwlsFan
26/01/2011, 8:45 AM
Rumours that he was on 2 million a year :O. I doubt that though.

Really enjoyed the first half of Blackpool vs Man U until we had to switch over to Silent Witness :( When I surfed over for a minute, it was 3-2. Blackpool should have had a peno when it was 2-0 and IF they had scored, it might have been a different result.

shakermaker1982
26/01/2011, 9:02 AM
I've heard £1.7m Owlsfan! I bet he regrets taking on Murdoch now over the phone hacking.

twoenz
26/01/2011, 2:08 PM
Could be said of Gibson also, he has work to do after tonight I'd reckon.

I was talking with a friend last night and pointed out that the Derry Journal headline should be "Decisive Gibson substitution seals United victory"

He was atrocious last night, and being subbed at half time doesn't bode well.

OwlsFan
26/01/2011, 4:58 PM
It's all coming out about Gray now:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1350591/Andy-Gray-sacking-Countless-affairs-love-children-sordid-truth-pundit.html

DeLorean
27/01/2011, 10:56 AM
It's all coming out about Gray now

Has he gone up or down in your estimation OwlsFan?? :eek:

OwlsFan
30/01/2011, 6:05 PM
Yes, it's getting embarrassing for Gibson at this stage. Man U poor in the first half - Gibson subbed and a different Man U in the second.

osarusan
31/01/2011, 10:58 AM
Newcastle reject £30 million Liverpool bid for Andy Carroll? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9382215.stm

What a crazy crazy world it is.

DeLorean
31/01/2011, 1:37 PM
To blow £30million of the Torres transfer money on one, fairly unproven, player would be a sin in my opinion, especially when they don't have a decent wide man who can cross the ball. (Assuming Torres is actually sold obviously!)

KK77
31/01/2011, 2:13 PM
Reports the Carroll deal is agreed £35 million. So the new owners have broke the club transfer record twice in the space of a few days.

shakermaker1982
31/01/2011, 2:22 PM
35m?!!! Who's gonna cross the ball to him?

KK77
31/01/2011, 2:34 PM

The new wingers who the owners are going to splash more cash on!

DeLorean
31/01/2011, 3:14 PM
I suppose it's a bit easier to splash some cash when you've got £50m coming the other way. If Carroll is worth £35m, Torres is worth about £135m!!

gaiscíoch
31/01/2011, 5:50 PM
The strange and wacky world of the Premier League throws up another little gem.
Luis Suarez -24years old- £24million far enough world cup striker with a good scoring record at a big club.
Andy Carroll- 22 years old- £35million what has he ever done to deserve that price tag?

Now all Liverpool need to do is buy 2 wingers and another defensive midfielder to be even more predictable than they already are.
Kick for touch and hope Andy can get a head on it for Luis.
Dear god I thought football had moved on.
I hope they buy Adams too.

Then they will have spent close to £50million on two players the could have bought last year for £5million......:)

Onefootednopace
31/01/2011, 6:04 PM
£35 million for Andy Carroll !! The World has officially gone mad.....The end is nigh

The Fly
01/02/2011, 5:36 AM
I wonder how this fella feels about Torres' transfer :laugh:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3318374/LIVERPOOL-fan-Shaun-McCormack-has-changed-his-name-to-Fernando-Torres.html

OwlsFan
01/02/2011, 8:30 AM
£35 million for Andy Carroll !! The World has officially gone mad.....The end is nigh

As usual, because he is English, he is overpriced (grossly). Is he going to be one of these one season wonders and then disappear up to Bristol City? I know Liverpool have had such players in the past (John Toshack) but not many. Torres seemed to be half the player he was for most of the season but that could have been down to the dross that surrounded him.

DeLorean, you mention the absence of wingers at Liverpool. The same applies to Chelsea. How do they play both Torres and Droghbaaaaaaaaa.

DeLorean
01/02/2011, 9:02 AM
DeLorean, you mention the absence of wingers at Liverpool. The same applies to Chelsea. How do they play both Torres and Droghbaaaaaaaaa.

Yeah, but Torres and Drogba aren't really target men, although they are both good in the air. Carroll is an out n out target man with a reasonable touch for a big guy. Not sure how Torres and Drogba will work, as Drogba is usually better on his own. Maybe he will be gone in the summer?

DeLorean
01/02/2011, 10:51 AM
His armband lied he was no Red
Torres, Torres
He's just a rentboy like we said
Torres, Torres
Into your backs he plunged his knife
I hope John Terry shags his wife
Fernando Torres Chelsea's Number Nine

Roadend
01/02/2011, 11:09 AM

Gerrard, when he moves to the wing ;)

Had a bid in for Ashley Young yesterday but it didn't materialise

KK77
01/02/2011, 11:12 AM
Gerrard, when he moves to the wing ;)

Had a bid in for Ashley Young yesterday but it didn't materialise

Yes so i believe. I would love to see this fella come in the summer though i am sure he will have other clubs after him as well. Crazy money for Carroll but i suppose he's English so that's the main reason for the price. Good to see the club spending big again all the same as we all know where this cash would have gone under the other two cnuts.

OwlsFan
02/02/2011, 9:16 AM
A lot of talk about the Everton goal last night. I assume the linesman didn't flag because it came off an Arsenal player but a player is in an offside position at the moment the ball is touched or played by a team-mate and is actively involved in the play. Arguably he wasn't active until the ball was deflected by the Arsenal player but they need to clear that rule up if that's the case.

Good wins for all the top teams.

DeLorean
02/02/2011, 9:51 AM
Moyes should have really quoted Fabregas. Not much point in coming out saying he should have been sent off, and not justifying it. Plus, I'm curious and would like to know!

I watched the United match. Comfortable enough for the most part. Clarke struggled at left back on Nani, whose cross for Rooney's second was top class. Fourteen games to go, think they'll remain unbeaten in February but the real tests begin in March, starting with Stamford Bridge and Anfield.

Was looking at Arsenal's run-in and it looks pretty handy, especially the next four or five weeks after the Newcastle match.

OwlsFan
02/02/2011, 3:59 PM
Torres spotted out and about with his new wife and child :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs003.snc6/165301_480317737643_663782643_5791718_8185196_n.jp g

DeLorean
03/02/2011, 3:05 PM
Interesting to see Gary Neville retiring. Thought he would have hung on to witness title number nineteen, should it turn out to be the case. The scousers will be glad to see the back of him taunting them anyway! There's talk that he might be taking over from Andy Gray on Sky.

For all his abusers, he is probably the most accomplished right back to have played in the Premier League, and definitely the most decorated.

KK77
03/02/2011, 3:07 PM
Not in Denis Irwin's class not matter how many medals he won!

DeLorean
03/02/2011, 3:15 PM
Not in Denis Irwin's class not matter how many medals he won!

Ooh, has the cold war ended? haha

I agree, but Irwin was predominantly played at left back for United.

KK77
03/02/2011, 3:20 PM
True enough. The trophies Utd have won and the players around him over the years make him the best right full in the league rather than him as a right full imo.

Yes i'd well believe the scousers will be delighted to see the back of him! LOL I actually think Mark Hughes will as well! Didn't he have a pop at him over his mouth last season?

DeLorean
03/02/2011, 3:24 PM
Well when you see the position changing so frequently now, with O'Shea, Brown and Rafael all having periods there, it shows how well he did to have nailed down the position for so long. Not blessed with much pace but a good positional sense and an excellent crosser of the ball.

DeLorean
03/02/2011, 6:33 PM
I actually think Mark Hughes will as well! Didn't he have a pop at him over his mouth last season?

Don't remember it but yeah...

Hughes calls Neville a lunatic (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2009/09/21/1514248/mark-hughes-manchester-united-defender-gary-neville-was-a)

DeLorean
04/02/2011, 3:36 PM
Moyes should have really quoted Fabregas. Not much point in coming out saying he should have been sent off, and not justifying it. Plus, I'm curious and would like to know!

Curiosity Satisfied (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9388001.stm)

The Fly
05/02/2011, 5:13 PM
Bad news for Liverpool, as Carroll and Suarez fall out during training.......;)

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/po2k5S6Ev9A/0.jpg

KK77
08/02/2011, 11:44 AM
Keep it up Kenny!!!

Fully agree!!!!

DeLorean
11/02/2011, 11:08 AM
Hodgson appointed new West Brom manager (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/9391291.stm)

Di Matteo's was probably the second most ridiculous sacking in the last few years, behind Chris Hughton's and just ahead of Derby sacking Billy Davies a few years back. There are probably more but they're the ones that stand out in my head. Hopefully Hodgson will do well there, he is still one of football's good guys and is a good manager. Didn't seem to have the Liverpool dressing room and the fans were against him from the start, that's the way it goes I suppose.

Great picture in fairness, nobody can accuse him of being a wally with a brolly at least!

KK77
11/02/2011, 11:46 AM
Should do well it's more his level.

bennocelt
11/02/2011, 6:43 PM
Should do well it's more his level.

Disagree, Liverpool are a joke of a team, people were seriously calling them relegation candidates at start of season, never gave Hodge a chance. Thats IMHO

KK77
11/02/2011, 7:13 PM
Disagree, Liverpool are a joke of a team, people were seriously calling them relegation candidates at start of season, never gave Hodge a chance. Thats IMHO

Sure we're all entitled to our opinion! LOL

gaiscíoch
13/02/2011, 10:08 PM
You Liverpool fans are seriously the most deluded bunch the world has ever seen.
Potentially Newcastle times 1000.......

KK77
14/02/2011, 8:23 AM
You Liverpool fans are seriously the most deluded bunch the world has ever seen.
Potentially Newcastle times 1000.......

If you say so!

OwlsFan
14/02/2011, 9:30 AM
To be fair, Liverpool fans have a right to be deluded. They have, after all, won a trophy or two over the years so there is an expectation there. As for Newcastle fans, the last time they won a domestic trophy was back in the 1950s and the league in 1921! Now they are deluded!!

DeLorean
14/02/2011, 9:54 AM
Generalisations are pointless anyway. I know plenty of Liverpool fans who know a lot about football and are realistic in their expectations. Plenty of idiots too of course, but the same can be said for all clubs. I agree with OwlsFan, as they are one of the world's biggest clubs it's not unreasonable for their fans to expect that they'll be challenging for the major trophies. It is unreasonable, however, if they expect to be doing that with the squad they have at the moment.

OwlsFan
21/02/2011, 9:42 AM
ANother one of these Hitler rants from Downfall, this time about Torres going to Chelsea :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNu7P7MmdPs

Mick's Wolves concede yet another last minute equaliser. Happened when he was manager of Ireland as well. Must be heart breaking.

OwlsFan
02/03/2011, 9:15 AM
You have to laugh at Ferguson ranting about the referee last night for Luiz not being sent off. Amusing also to hear the crowd shout "shoot" everytime Cole was in possession.

legendz
02/03/2011, 9:59 AM
ANother one of these Hitler rants from Downfall, this time about Torres going to Chelsea :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNu7P7MmdPs

Mick's Wolves concede yet another last minute equaliser. Happened when he was manager of Ireland as well. Must be heart breaking.

It was bad luck alright. Mick's teams seem to suffer that. At least they bounced back to climb out of the relegation zone.

Stuttgart88
06/03/2011, 4:05 PM
Very frustrated Arsenal fan! Every time United opens the door Arsenal refuses to walk through. I was at Chelsea against Man U on Tuesday. Very entertaining. David Luiz is a joy to watch but perhaps a bit less than reliable at the back.

Looked like a couple of poor late decisions cost Arsenal yesterday, but yet again poor finishing was the biggest culprit. Chamakh should have scored and Nicklas "I'm world class" Bendtner missed a great chance with the last play of the game.