PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

tweety
16/04/2014, 6:47 AM
Rockmount definitely pulled there team,struggled all year really but a shame for any club having to pull there team out of the league,especially a team that was well established in junior premier division,not that long ago they won a league I'd say.league looks very different know,Everton look like after taking big jump away from danger.

fifa
16/04/2014, 12:50 PM
Bit of a joke pulling out this late in the season have they any youth team that could of made up the numbers

old-head
16/04/2014, 1:56 PM
Bit of a joke pulling out this late in the season have they any youth team that could of made up the numbers
I'm sure they have but they probably weren't registered with the MSL by the end of March deadline.

tweety
16/04/2014, 2:24 PM
I'm sure they have but they probably weren't registered with the MSL by the end of March deadline.

Don't tell me this is another ridiculous rule by the Msl,having a restriction on when ya can register your own young up and coming player.surely the restriction should only be if you bring a new player to your club/team.it's at the end if the year most clubs seem to rely a bit heavier on there underage.please someone tell me the munster senior league have some sense here.

collcorforever
16/04/2014, 3:27 PM
You have to register youth players with the MSL to allow them play for any adult teams.

villaman10
16/04/2014, 3:28 PM
Only a matter of time this happened, no route to senior football from playing with there juniors, how long before this happens at Avondale?

tweety
16/04/2014, 3:57 PM
You have to register youth players with the MSL to allow them play for any adult teams.
Didn't realise that,thought once your under the club name umbrella you could play no problem,but surely there should be no restriction on what time of the year you register your own players in your club to play adult football,does it not hinder young players progressing.

the hawk
16/04/2014, 6:04 PM
Only a matter of time this happened, no route to senior football from playing with there juniors, how long before this happens at Avondale?

There is a route to senior football ,You play youth and if your good enough you get called and if your not ,you go play junior football or move to a different club .

we have being saying this about Avondale since 05/06 but here we are in 2014 and players are still down there with both senior and junior teams doing well .

villaman10
16/04/2014, 6:29 PM
There is a route to senior football ,You play youth and if your good enough you get called and if your not ,you go play junior football or move to a different club .

we have being saying this about Avondale since 05/06 but here we are in 2014 and players are still down there with both senior and junior teams doing well .

Nothing meant in a disrespectful way hawk, I could just as easily use Midleton in the way they are using half of Cobh in there team. Just a sad state to see this happening. Especially since not so long ago that rockmount junior team were very strong and contesting leagues year in year out

the hawk
16/04/2014, 7:12 PM
Nothing meant in a disrespectful way hawk, I could just as easily use Midleton in the way they are using half of Cobh in there team. Just a sad state to see this happening. Especially since not so long ago that rockmount junior team were very strong and contesting leagues year in year out

Yeah a lot of clubs seem to be struggling as of late .Is it a case that there seniors were struggling and they pulled any half decent player that they had

collcorforever
19/04/2014, 7:07 PM
Corinthians 3 Mallow 0

good win, tough one against Everton on Tuesday night to come

Sparks
19/04/2014, 10:32 PM
Hall 5 Glasheen 0

Im_not_stirring
22/04/2014, 10:39 PM
Any results / reports ?

Sparks
22/04/2014, 10:43 PM
Any results / reports ?

As per the website

Ringmahon Rgs A 1 - 0 Carrigaline Utd
UCC A 1 - 6 Mayfield Utd
Midleton 3 - 0 RockmountW/O to Midleton
Everton 1 - 1 College Corinthians
Mallow Utd 1 - 3 Ringmahon Rgs B

Im_not_stirring
23/04/2014, 8:11 AM
As per the website

Ringmahon Rgs A 1 - 0 Carrigaline Utd
UCC A 1 - 6 Mayfield Utd
Midleton 3 - 0 RockmountW/O to Midleton
Everton 1 - 1 College Corinthians
Mallow Utd 1 - 3 Ringmahon Rgs B

Thanks thought of it straight after post :) . Everton could just have given the chasing pack some hope. Looks like mount / carrigaline for definite going down unless carrig do something soon. Mallow glasheen & Ucc to battle it out to avoid 3rd relegation spot. Glasheen have had some strange results from beaten top team to losing heavily. Don't know much about mallow but Ucc seem to have got dragged in recently. We could be in for a few swings yet.
Any report from Everton cors game.

Hot Chilli
23/04/2014, 10:51 AM
Thanks thought of it straight after post :) . Everton could just have given the chasing pack some hope. Looks like mount / carrigaline for definite going down unless carrig do something soon. Mallow glasheen & Ucc to battle it out to avoid 3rd relegation spot. Glasheen have had some strange results from beaten top team to losing heavily. Don't know much about mallow but Ucc seem to have got dragged in recently. We could be in for a few swings yet.
Any report from Everton cors game.
Very even game. I'm guessing Cors were missing a good few, otherwise I don't see what all the hype is about. Front two were a handful alright and guy on the left is decent. However Everton won the midfield battle handy enough. Only a few half chances in the game

ringmahon4ever
26/04/2014, 9:08 AM
Getting great run of games hopefully this rain wont put a stop to it

collcorforever
28/04/2014, 10:59 PM
Corinthians 2 Glasheen 1

late the winner against a good Glasheen side

Im_not_stirring
30/04/2014, 8:15 AM
Big win last night for midelton. Looks like it was convincing at 3 nil. Don't know. They now seem like cors only main challenge but I think games are running out to fast for them. Also big win for carrig who seem to be fighting it out with mallow for last relegation spot. Cors and ringmahon A Drew. Be some feat to go through the league unbeaten if they can.

pirlo
30/04/2014, 12:33 PM
Big win last night for midelton. Looks like it was convincing at 3 nil. Don't know. They now seem like cors only main challenge but I think games are running out to fast for them. Also big win for carrig who seem to be fighting it out with mallow for last relegation spot. Cors and ringmahon A Drew. Be some feat to go through the league unbeaten if they can.

I think little man was getting a small bit carried away with his expectations. Granted mayfield did stuff the lesser teams, but when it came to the bigger games they couldn't cut it. I was at the game last night, Midleton looked like a very united team with no individuals and had a purpose about there play, unfortunately the same couldn't be said about mayfield. Once they went behind they lost all composure and Jamie Murphy was shooting from tip off and corner kicks. He was well marshalled by midletons back four, and then began arguing with his team mates. He was very disappointing. Midleton are not a bad side and played some good stuff at times. Their 2nd goal was a super team goal which generally summed up their evening.

tweety
30/04/2014, 7:33 PM
I think little man was getting a small bit carried away with his expectations. Granted mayfield did stuff the lesser teams, but when it came to the bigger games they couldn't cut it. I was at the game last night, Midleton looked like a very united team with no individuals and had a purpose about there play, unfortunately the same couldn't be said about mayfield. Once they went behind they lost all composure and Jamie Murphy was shooting from tip off and corner kicks. He was well marshalled by midletons back four, and then began arguing with his team mates. He was very disappointing. Midleton are not a bad side and played some good stuff at times. Their 2nd goal was a super team goal which generally summed up their evening.

It's too late for Midleton I think,no chance for them,Corinthians have all the hard work done,beating 2nd and 3rd place twice and taking four off Mahon makes all the difference.i see they had a couple of seniors versus glasheen playing again.would be nice to hear from littleman on last nights match,did they fall apart as pirlo says and 50 goal man throwing strops,come on littleman come back for the banter :-)

fifa
30/04/2014, 9:30 PM
Unfortunately I think littleman only likes the banter when their winning

Hot Chilli
01/05/2014, 9:12 PM
Mayfield are average at best. The lad Murphy had unbelievable ability and potential. However he thinks he is above his teammates. Naturally gifted with a shocking attitude. If he wants to fulfil his potential he has to step up from junior. The manager needs to take a look in the mirror. Did his team no favours here

Sparks
01/05/2014, 9:49 PM
Avondale 2 Corinthians 0 in the cup quater final tonight

collcorforever
04/05/2014, 12:59 PM
Corinthians 6 Mallow 0

good win away from home this time of year

Brad
06/05/2014, 9:19 PM
Fermoy 2-1 lee side junior division 1. Good hard game, great win for Fermoy!

Sparks
06/05/2014, 9:35 PM
Fermoy 2-1 lee side junior division 1. Good hard game, great win for Fermoy!

Only the 3rd time leeside have lost this season. Well done

FootballMad
07/05/2014, 7:47 AM
Corinthians 6-1 Everton

tweety
07/05/2014, 1:12 PM
Corinthians 6-1 Everton

Another top performance by Cors,free flowing again.deservingly probably capturing the league last night,results went there way,too much now for anyone to catch them,can only think ringmahon and Midleton have a eye on Thursday night semi-final having both been beaten.huge result for carrigaline last night.

tweety
09/05/2014, 10:08 AM
No results up on msl website on last nights semi's,only the final is Douglas hall ath v Midleton on Tuesday,any reports or score lines from these games,were they close?

fifa
09/05/2014, 10:16 AM
No results up on msl website on last nights semi's,only the final is Douglas hall ath v Midleton on Tuesday,any reports or score lines from these games,were they close?
The other final will be mayfield vs ringmahon b cors appeal to mfa thrown out

Sparks
09/05/2014, 2:47 PM
Douglas Hall Athlethic 4-1 Avondale

tweety
09/05/2014, 4:10 PM
Douglas Hall Athlethic 4-1 Avondale

Saw the echo,Midleton had a big win aswell 5-1.

Sparks
09/05/2014, 6:04 PM
Carrigaline v Leeside at 8 in carrigaline. Carrig win they win league Leeside draw or win they win league. Both teams promoted. Should be a good game

thebooboys
09/05/2014, 10:43 PM
Carrigaline v Leeside at 8 in carrigaline. Carrig win they win league Leeside draw or win they win league. Both teams promoted. Should be a good game

Leeside won 4 nil on the night. Well deserved victory and league title

Sparks
10/05/2014, 3:45 AM
Leeside won 4 nil on the night. Well deserved victory and league title
I was there. Leeside had too much for Carrigaline on the night. The 2 late goals really topped things off. Having Ricky Gettings drop down from senior made a huge difference I thought. A constant threat. Speaking too a few Carrigaline lads and they mentioned how they wished they could have had Rob O Mahony playing with them on the night it may have evened things up a bit. Congrades Leeside

thebooboys
10/05/2014, 9:54 AM
I was there. Leeside had too much for Carrigaline on the night. The 2 late goals really topped things off. Having Ricky Gettings drop down from senior made a huge difference I thought. A constant threat. Speaking too a few Carrigaline lads and they mentioned how they wished they could have had Rob O Mahony playing with them on the night it may have evened things up a bit. Congrades Leeside

Ricky played well first half but conditions were terrible. The substitute made made a huge difference, hat trick from the bench for Darren Walsh when Carrigaline were chasing the game

collcorforever
10/05/2014, 6:17 PM
Congrats to all involved in Corinthians in winning the league today, great season so far going unbeaten and hopefully they can keep it going till the end.

littleman
10/05/2014, 8:24 PM
Congrats to Cors

tweety
10/05/2014, 10:08 PM
Congrats to all involved in Corinthians in winning the league today, great season so far going unbeaten and hopefully they can keep it going till the end.

The formality has arrived,some season alright to be fair.total football.congrats

Sparks
11/05/2014, 1:05 AM
Big credit too there gaffer! Took the B team too the top of the league last year n now took the A team undefeated threw the season too!!

villaman10
13/05/2014, 9:02 PM
Midleton win the super cup, a team mixed with youth and experience!

tweety
14/05/2014, 7:24 PM
Midleton win the super cup, a team mixed with youth and experience!

Yes villaman it looked it too,centre halves were solid,think one of them is captain,Douglas had first great chance,,but Midleton had pace and a lot of youth,Midleton to be fair just looked a div above the hall,to be fair hall kept at it,may be could have sneaked a equaliser just by being direct.man of match should have been Douglas keeper I thought.

littleman
16/05/2014, 9:41 AM
Mayfield V Cors is now on at 3pm Saturday and not 6pm

tweety
16/05/2014, 10:40 AM
Mayfield V Cors is now on at 3pm Saturday and not 6pm
Would be a great win for ye to be the only team to beat Corinthians.going to def take in this one.

Sparks
16/05/2014, 8:22 PM
Avondale win The John Hayes Cup tonight 2-1 beating Passages's main team in the club! Congrades too Gossie and the lads!

Just my opinion
17/05/2014, 12:19 AM
Passage only have 1 team!!

Sparks
17/05/2014, 9:08 AM
Passage only have 1 team!!
Hence why I said main team as in main team in the club with no senior side or junior premier

Just my opinion
17/05/2014, 9:28 AM
Could have just said passage?????

mayfieldman
17/05/2014, 6:17 PM
Mayfield beat cors 3-1