PDA

View Full Version : new transfer window

Martinho II
03/06/2010, 9:35 AM
http://foot.ie/threads/128523-LOI-Transfers-2010/page2

according to shep on that thread Simon Kelly has definitely left us.. He didnt last for too long did he?

Town Legend
03/06/2010, 12:50 PM
Have to say wasn't really impressed with him in what I seen him play. He looked to be slow and unfit.

outspoken
03/06/2010, 7:35 PM
I think he expected to just walk into the team and nail down a place. And just like Town Ledgend I was impressed eitheir looked slow and a bit rusty.... He had alot of promise , great record at Dundalk so looks like we will be in Market for a new centerhalf

hollocaine
04/06/2010, 9:31 AM
Not surprised at this. He looked disgusted last week when Cousins called over Ekanem to come on as a sub. Kelly was convinced he would be coming on instead when Byrne got injured. He was then the only person on the bench who didn't even applaud Mooney's goal. Just sat there with a grumpy head on him. No loss. Anyway, he looked more like a LOI player from 10 years ago when lads could get away with carrying a few extra pounds.

Casperian
05/06/2010, 8:49 AM
To be honest we need a new striker and if Tony Cousins has any sense he will resign Liam Lynch from Ballinasloe as he was banging in the goals this season. The problem with our team at the moment is nobody is willing to have a shot, but he's not afraid to shoot!!

Martinho II
06/06/2010, 11:29 AM
did anyone else hear that Derek Tyrrell also has left us as well?

Longfordian
06/06/2010, 11:35 AM
Didn't hear anything about Tyrrell, I did hear we may be getting a couple more in from Shamrock Rovers. On loan presumably.

Martinho II
06/06/2010, 11:45 AM
Didn't hear anything about Tyrrell, I did hear we may be getting a couple more in from Shamrock Rovers. On loan presumably.

I heard from someone over our side that would know his stuff ...Who are these lads that could be coming to us?

Longfordian
06/06/2010, 12:00 PM
Didn't hear any names. Presumably we'd still have an interest in Cowan if he was going out on loan.

Martinho II
06/06/2010, 12:28 PM
http://foot.ie/threads/128523-LOI-Transfers-2010/page2

according to shep on that thread Simon Kelly has definitely left us.. He didnt last for too long did he?

according to the general forum post by shep this is what he said:

Simon told me himself..wasnt working out for him with travel as he works in the Louth County Council...as far as i know Lisburn and Newry looking to sign him with Drogheda and a move back to Dundalk back possibilities.

Town Legend
06/06/2010, 6:21 PM
Tyrell hasn't played in a long time for us. Someone said he was injured but I'm not too sure.

outspoken
06/06/2010, 10:40 PM
To be honest we need a new striker and if Tony Cousins has any sense he will resign Liam Lynch from Ballinasloe as he was banging in the goals this season. The problem with our team at the moment is nobody is willing to have a shot, but he's not afraid to shoot!!

Couldnt agree with you more mate Lynch was top quality last season but injuries just gave him problems towards the end but apart from that there is no reason he shouldn't have been kept he will offer alot more than Hynes.

Your 110% right about not shooting at times they seem afraid too but that seemed to change a bit VS Waterford so if we bought Lynch that could only help matters more.

Longfordian
06/06/2010, 10:44 PM
It may not suit him to be playing and training for LOI football for the amount of money he'd be getting. It's not as simple as whether he could play a role.

De Town
07/06/2010, 12:14 PM
I don't get the love for Lynch tbh. He's a solid player, works hard, but he offers feck all quality to the team.

Town Legend
07/06/2010, 1:51 PM
Yeah agree with you there De Town, he's a hard worker but if its a real goalscorer we're looking for he would't be the first player I'd be looking to sign.

outspoken
07/06/2010, 4:45 PM
Dave Rogers has left Cork what about him? Id say hes on high enough wages but maybe we could talk him around :clap:

De Town
07/06/2010, 4:50 PM
Dave Rogers has left Cork what about him? Id say hes on high enough wages but maybe we could talk him around :clap:

No thanks. Was past it 5 years ago.

The Insider
07/06/2010, 5:00 PM
Totally agree with De Town here. Are you serious Kieran, why the heck would we want Dave Rogers. Totally past it and a waste of bloody money.

Tallanted
07/06/2010, 5:05 PM
I wouldn't even let Rogers hand out the kit never mind play!

outspoken
07/06/2010, 7:09 PM
just a suggestion ...............that one backfired

outspoken
09/06/2010, 4:25 PM
George O'Callaghan has reportedly left Waterford Would he be a good signing or would he be another of those on big enough wages that we should stay clear of.

Martinho II
09/06/2010, 5:07 PM
thats a strange move for o callaghan.. He scored four goals for them last nite didnt he?? and got a hatrick in an earlier match for them too if my memory is correct..

Longfordian
09/06/2010, 5:10 PM
No he hasn't been playing the last few games. He's got serious personal problems by all accounts. Wouldn't be fair to go into too much detail but it's more complicated than just a bad attitude.

Acornvilla
09/06/2010, 5:47 PM
kieran you need to do some research on the lads you suggest lad, George has a lot of (well documented) problems

outspoken
09/06/2010, 5:54 PM
right il tell you what il take that part out of my original post so.

Cabs88
09/06/2010, 10:20 PM
O'Callaghans problems aside (not to mention wages) what ya dont want is a seasoned pro comin in and disrupting what we have there.. By all accounts we have a nice mix of youth and experience but you dont want a Ray Kenny situation of a player coming in and throwing is weight around to the detriment of team morale

Town Legend
10/06/2010, 10:00 AM
thats a strange move for o callaghan.. He scored four goals for them last nite didnt he?? and got a hatrick in an earlier match for them too if my memory is correct..

That was Vinny Sullivan you were thinking about Marty! :)

outspoken
10/06/2010, 10:04 AM

He did score 5 goals against Tralee Dynamo not to long ago

Martinho II
10/06/2010, 8:05 PM
That was Vinny Sullivan you were thinking about Marty! :)

I only realised when I went to another website.. I forgot Sullivan you see!

RonnieB
10/06/2010, 9:07 PM
L I A M L Y N C H :ball:

gone to the US OF A hasnt he ?

Oh that goal in Galway... *raises glass*

Martinho II
11/06/2010, 7:23 PM
L I A M L Y N C H :ball:

gone to the US OF A hasnt he ?

Oh that goal in Galway... *raises glass*

he is still around Ballinasloe and is still playing for Ballinasloe Town! He was supposed to go but never went! ah the memories!