PDA

View Full Version : v Limerick

Pages : [1] 2

thomas72
24/05/2010, 5:30 PM
predictionss???

Tallanted
24/05/2010, 5:35 PM
Love been optimistic but sorry to say can't see anthin more than Limerick winning this one, hope I am wrong and we win 2-1

Martinho II
24/05/2010, 5:39 PM
i am afraid that we will lost 3-1..Depression rules my world at the moment..:o

Longfordian
24/05/2010, 6:26 PM
0-2. We'll do ok in general play and give away two stupid goals.

thomas72
24/05/2010, 6:38 PM
0-2. We'll do ok in general play and give away two stupid goals.

IMO limerick play the best football in the league they play some fantastic football on the floor they create alot of chances in every game they starting to put them away of late.
only thing is limerick are a very very young team E.G two centre midfielders are 19 and 18 ( i think)
alot of teams and away supporters that play or see limerick are shocked on how young the team are alot of kids but they can play a bit, we need abit more experiace IMO but were doing well at the min. kids = no fear :D

Jofspring
24/05/2010, 7:52 PM
Young team alright but when you look at Thomas Lyons and Jason Hughes who are only around 18/19 and this is their 3rd season at LOI level it shows some good experience and a very bright future for Limerick FC. Average age of the team must be around the 20 mark i would think.

These are the type of games that most seasons Limerick would lose. This season though there seems to be a different mood around the club and a bit more confidence in the players at the moment. The defence has been very solid recently and Tierney is always dangerous in front of goal.

I'm going for Longford 0-2 Limerick. Hopefully a good game and maybe a good night out in Longford after :D

Battery Rover
24/05/2010, 8:03 PM
Average age of the team must be around the 20 mark i would think.

Limerick Squad average age 24.02 years
Longford squad average age 24.83 years

Lim till i die
24/05/2010, 8:14 PM
Limerick Squad average age 24.02 years
Longford squad average age 24.83 years

Can you come up with a mathmatichal formula to sort out the scumbags in your ground :rolleyes:

For those who care about such things the average age of our starting 11 in Derry was just over 22.

Crucially though, a lot of our youngsters are actually very promising.

On this game, should win comfortably, but probably wont due to traditional losing mentality. :ball:

gspain
25/05/2010, 7:32 AM
I hate playing teams after they've been tanked at home. There will be a reaction from the players.

It will be tough on saturday but a must win. Limerick to edge it 2-1.

outspoken
25/05/2010, 8:48 AM
Limerick to win 3-0 and that will seal cousins fate, hopefully we will get more than 150 people at this gamw with a bit of an away crowd maybe around 180 , 200 if were lucky.......... oh how the times have changed :(

Jofspring
25/05/2010, 9:07 AM
Would think there will be a full bus going up to the match and with it being a Saturday maybe a few people driving up themselves. Should be about 60 to 70 Limerick fans anyway, possibly more.

outspoken
25/05/2010, 12:41 PM
Would think there will be a full bus going up to the match and with it being a Saturday maybe a few people driving up themselves. Should be about 60 to 70 Limerick fans anyway, possibly more.

Thats great I love when theres a big and loud away crowd it adds to the atmosphere and it gets our fans going aswell. And it of course brings in an extra bit of cash for us :)

De Town
25/05/2010, 2:32 PM
Would be shocked if we got anything out of it. As Longfordian said, we'll do ok in general play and then concede ridiculous goals.

gaga man
26/05/2010, 4:23 PM
3.0 to limerick at least with about 50 town supporters at most.
far cry from not too many years ago when the ground was almost full for games

outspoken
26/05/2010, 6:14 PM
3.0 to limerick at least with about 50 town supporters at most.
far cry from not too many years ago when the ground was almost full for games

Its terrible when were outnumbered at home it makes us look terrible and away fans do be laughing at us. The only good thing that comes out of it is the home fans shout even harder cause its hard to be heard over the away support and it usually creates a good atmosphere.

L.T.F.C.
26/05/2010, 6:28 PM
Its terrible when were outnumbered at home it makes us look terrible and away fans do be laughing at us. The only good thing that comes out of it is the home fans shout even harder cause its hard to be heard over the away support and it usually creates a good atmosphere.
All the fans in the stand do is bitch... I find it hard to listen to it, it disgusts me. Abuse abuse abuse! Bit of support for a change!

outspoken
26/05/2010, 6:39 PM
All the fans in the stand do is bitch... I find it hard to listen to it, it disgusts me. Abuse abuse abuse! Bit of support for a change!

Ah I dont think thats fair most of the fans in the stand are life long and the most loyal Town fans you will find and there entitled to their opinion.

There is a certain section of fans were I sit and we are the only fans in the stand that get a bit of atmosphere going. When we start a chant no one else in the stand joins in which is a bit strange.

And the support the lads received VS Waterford was amazing the crowd knew we needed a push to get over the line and the crowd picked the noise levels up a notch and it was one of the highlights of the night in my mind.

Martinho II
26/05/2010, 7:19 PM
very scathing report on last weekends match in the Longford Leader..the report is honest and straight to the point!

The Insider
26/05/2010, 9:54 PM
very scathing report on last weekends match in the Longford Leader..the report is honest and straight to the point!

Agree with you there. Couldnt have put it better myself. Sad to see the way things have gone, a few supporters I know are considering of not going to the Limerick game, fed up paying their hard earned cash to watch the same muck everytime. It is very trying. As regards the match, Id like to be optimistic but cant see anything other than a Limerick win. If and its a big if we can perform like we did against Waterford then we have a chance but... I do hope he starts Lee.

Town Legend
26/05/2010, 10:49 PM
Was in the stand a few times myself when the weather wasn't the best and had to leave at half time. Nothing but abuse shouted at the players. And to listen to them tell the players what to do is a joke!!! I had to laugh listen to a few of the eejits shouting!!!

On the game Sat we'll be lucky to keep within 2 goals of Limerick, 3-1 away win.

Lim till i die
26/05/2010, 10:52 PM
Any chance we can be put in the cage Saturday??

This stand of yours sounds awful. :eek:

Town Legend
26/05/2010, 11:09 PM

It's bad and getting worse. I just hope somebody tries to put a stop to it. Think of the kids!! Somebody please think of the kids!!

Lim till i die
26/05/2010, 11:14 PM
We'll have a lot of kids with us Saturday and they have never heard swearing before in their lives.

So please Longford Town, think of the children, we could have 70 or 80 fans up there, do you really want them all going back to Limerick with tales about how rough Longford is??

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/thinkofthechildren.jpg

On an aside are your crowds really so awful that we could outnumber ye?? :eek: :(

Cabs88
26/05/2010, 11:27 PM
have to say I was very impressed with the report on the match in the leader, very honest, factual and pulled no punches.. well done to the writer concerned.

As regards some of the supporters in the stand (and I dont want to start another stand debate) but some of them have no clue whatsoever about football or how its played. As much as they berate cousins if the players were to follow their instructions, you would have a mix between ufc in terms of physicality, u-10 community games football (or sheep in a field all huddled around eachother), and a re-incarnation of jack charltons long ball game.

Frank76
26/05/2010, 11:35 PM

I'd say you'll be out of luck there mate. By sounds of things come Sat night most Longford supporters will be locking Cousins and Kieran Burke up in that cage!!

outspoken
27/05/2010, 10:32 AM
At the end of the day were all Town fans and we all want whats best for our club.

L.T.F.C.
27/05/2010, 11:51 AM
Ah I dont think thats fair most of the fans in the stand are life long and the most loyal Town fans you will find and there entitled to their opinion.

There is a certain section of fans were I sit and we are the only fans in the stand that get a bit of atmosphere going. When we start a chant no one else in the stand joins in which is a bit strange.

And the support the lads received VS Waterford was amazing the crowd knew we needed a push to get over the line and the crowd picked the noise levels up a notch and it was one of the highlights of the night in my mind.
In fact its very fair. The supporters in the stand are very hard to listen to and I'm getting quite sick of it to be honest...

Was in the stand a few times myself when the weather wasn't the best and had to leave at half time. Nothing but abuse shouted at the players. And to listen to them tell the players what to do is a joke!!! I had to laugh listen to a few of the eejits shouting!!!

On the game Sat we'll be lucky to keep within 2 goals of Limerick, 3-1 away win.
Exactly Town Legend. Abuse is all it is, and they telling the players what to do is laughable...
We had a minute to clear the ball between our two foul throws and Monaghan's first goal last week! Not the refs fault!

outspoken
27/05/2010, 12:38 PM
In fact its very fair. The supporters in the stand are very hard to listen to and I'm getting quite sick of it to be honest...

Exactly Town Legend. Abuse is all it is, and they telling the players what to do is laughable...
We had a minute to clear the ball between our two foul throws and Monaghan's first goal last week! Not the refs fault!

The refs decision to reverse the throw was a poor one in my opinion but the defence feel asleep and we conceded a terrible goal so while the ref played a part your dead right the defense should have cleared it away with ease.

L.T.F.C.
27/05/2010, 8:10 PM
The refs decision to reverse the throw was a poor one in my opinion but the defence feel asleep and we conceded a terrible goal so while the ref played a part your dead right the defense should have cleared it away with ease.
It was the right decision... He was asked to move back twice and he didn't. Tough ****.

outspoken
27/05/2010, 9:39 PM
It was the right decision... He was asked to move back twice and he didn't. Tough ****.

But the Monaghan player was showing dissent by not given the ball back and then moving it up the line to where the Town player took the throw from so the ref should have stepped in there and had a word with the monaghan player and that would have given him enough time to tell the Longford player to move back properly ..... but anyway that game has come and gone lets forget about it and hopefully move on to a win this weekend.

Jofspring
27/05/2010, 10:15 PM
Anybody know if there is any decent bands or anything on in the nightclub next to PV's Saturday night?

Lim till i die
27/05/2010, 11:28 PM
Anybody know if there is any decent bands or anything on in the nightclub next to PV's Saturday night?

Last time I was in Longford there was a banjo festival on.

I kid you not. :D

Longfordian
27/05/2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah mock it all you like LTID it's a big earner for the town, it's jammed that weekend!. In answer to Jofspring yeah there's always a live band downstairs in the nightclub on Saturdays. Usually a good at what they do covers band.

Lim till i die
27/05/2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah mock it all you like LTID it's a big earner for the town, it's jammed that weekend!

I'm not mocking, just thought twas gas.

Like Cork having an arrogance festival.

Or Derry having a know it all festival.

Or Limerick having a firearms festival.

osarusan
28/05/2010, 12:12 AM
Or Limerick having a firearms festival.
that was on in st. john's square just a couple of nights ago.

Longfordian
28/05/2010, 10:30 AM
A case of sticking to what you know I guess!

Pauro 76
28/05/2010, 1:04 PM
My first game of the season.. hoping to start off with a win.

De Town
28/05/2010, 3:24 PM
Yes some fans in the stand are absolutely ridiculous with some of the comments they make, but there's also a dope or 2 to be had in section O, and other areas of the ground. 1 person in particular should have been thrown out last week imo with some of the stuff they were coming out with.

outspoken
28/05/2010, 3:34 PM
It could be worse DE Town we could be like the Rovers fans fighting amongst ourselves and others :fighter3:

Keen2win
28/05/2010, 5:04 PM
I don't think it could be worse

Massop 10
29/05/2010, 4:55 PM
Well to be far Section O have NEVER shouted abuse at a Town player ! I think I know the "dope" you mention and he was in the right to have go at the "Mons" player as the player was up for the slagging just as much and to be fair took it as a good laugh ! Part of going to live soccer games is the fun of interacting with the players. As for the stand there are some dopes there !!!!!
Town to WIN 2-1 tonight !

L.T.F.C.
29/05/2010, 5:37 PM
Well to be far Section O have NEVER shouted abuse at a Town player ! I think I know the "dope" you mention and he was in the right to have go at the "Mons" player as the player was up for the slagging just as much and to be fair took it as a good laugh ! Part of going to live soccer games is the fun of interacting with the players. As for the stand there are some dopes there !!!!!
Town to WIN 2-1 tonight !
To be fair Massop 10, Section O aren't free from dopes either.

Town Legend
29/05/2010, 8:25 PM
Great result tonight. Wasn't able to make it out tonight but was keeping an eye out for it on the tinternet!! When I seen we missed a penalty I thought same old story for us and Limerick would go on and win. I predicted a 3-1 defeat tonight and a 3-0 win for us last week. Think from now on I'll just predict us to lose cos that seems to work!!

Any report on the game? Who played well and who didn't!

De Town
29/05/2010, 9:14 PM
Fantastic result. 1st half was even enough, their no.9 should have scored twice, Mooney should have scored for us. Second half started with a bang, they hit the bar in the 1st minute or 2 and then a big scramble ensued in our box, we managed to survive it though. From there on we completely dominated the game, and totally deserved the win imo. Lester put the penalty wide, was a very poor effort. Brady missed 2 absolute sitters. Deans had a header cleared off the line. Lee had a decent effort from a free well saved. Then the goal! Free kick in our half, flicked on my Freeman, then Salmon, dropped to Mooney about 16 yards out, dummied the shot and stepped around the defender and slotted it in the bottom corner from around the penalty spot. Great finish. Then they had 2 men sent off for fighting with each other after the goal! :D Their number 8 (one of the men sent off) should have been off long before then anyway, absolutely hacked Mooney down twice. They were a dirty team imo, lots of rotten niggles all over the place a bad tackles flying in. Delighted with the win, can't really fault any performances tbh. Stand out performances were Lee, Lester, Mooney and Hynes who all had excellent games imo. Great win! :)

outspoken
29/05/2010, 9:52 PM
What a game why can't we play like that evreyweek (:
the crowd was class in their support of the team and the stand out performances were lee , lester , Brady who I thought was MOTM and ye limerck players were very dirty and was delighted to see scully and his boys go down.

Fair play to the section O boys they were fantastic tonight more of ye than usually and very loud fair play to all the supporters we were fantastic. CMON DE TOWN

Jofspring
29/05/2010, 10:29 PM
Ye deserved the win in the end but if ye play like that every week most teams will beat ye. Limerick totally dominated the first half and should have gone in at the break at least 2 up. Then they seemed to emplode and let ye take over. Limerick seemed to panic as it didn't look like they where going to get a goal and the younger lads started to lose their heads. Hughes and Judge fighting with each other was a prime example of this and also Limerick got very dirty as they panicked. As i say ye deserved it in the end but against a better and more composed team than Limerick where tonight, ye will struggle i think. Thought the town players where getting more abuse than anything from a lot in the stand barr when they scored.

L.T.F.C.
29/05/2010, 10:57 PM
I don't know what to make of that performance. Neither team deserved to win. I called Lester missing the penalty and at that stage, Lee was the only one that played well enough to take it. Lee was MOTM without a doubt. Brady played well too. Hynes was poor once again. Lester played well as the game went on, shouting for every ball and making sure of it. Shanahan made some good saves too. Their No. 8 deserved a kick in the hole, he was incredibly dirty and I don't understand why it took three possible leg breaking tackles for him to be carded, was disgusted at the ref. The ref didn't stamp out the dissent and tackles in the first minute and the game was lost from there on.
Also Hyland was dire! Never took the ball on himself, far too quick to get rid of the ball and most of the time to Limerick.
Glynn should have been given a run. Too much hoofball too with nothing coming out of it. Wasn't at all pleased.

Longfordian
29/05/2010, 11:21 PM
In fairness we're in a situation where we have to take any positives we can. A win and a clean sheet will do for now. Bit mean spirited to be "not at all pleased"!

L.T.F.C.
29/05/2010, 11:25 PM
In fairness we're in a situation where we have to take any positives we can. A win and a clean sheet will do for now. Bit mean spirited to be "not at all pleased"!
Not the time for cuddlin' them.

Longfordian
29/05/2010, 11:56 PM
Ah yeah I wouldn't be getting carried away but feck it a win is a win. Small steps