PDA

View Full Version : Inter Toto Travel Info

Pages : [1] 2

pete
07/04/2004, 1:54 PM
Any City fans starting off a far.... (http://www.icelandexpress.com/)

Ryanair (http://www.ryanair.com/)

Aer Lingus (http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/index.jsp)

Easyjet (http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/index.asp)

Eric
08/04/2004, 12:29 PM
Anything for accomadation in Copenhagen????

yan
08/04/2004, 1:48 PM
what we should do is when its confirmed that we are playing malmo in the toto cup and not the uefa cup for fair play, we should get a number of people who will def go and go to the airline and get a special group rate, the same with accomidation,it would be better and a good crack if all city fans travel together?

thoughts??

patsh
08/04/2004, 8:31 PM
Fri, 18 Jun 04
Flight FR 902
09:05 Depart Cork (ORK)
10:20 Arrive London Stansted (STN)

Mon, 21 Jun 04
Flight FR 905
15:35 Depart London Stansted (STN)
16:50 Arrive Cork (ORK)

1 Adult, Cork to Stansted, Out Friday, back Monday = 100.59 EUR
Fri, 18 Jun 04
Flight FR 258
19:00 Depart London Stansted (STN)
21:45 Arrive Malmö Sturup (MMX)
>
Mon, 21 Jun 04
Flight FR 257
11:35 Depart Malmö Sturup (MMX)
12:25 Arrive London Stansted (STN)

1 adult, London to Malmo, out Friday, back Monday = £64.96 GBP

just over €200 pp

You can't match up flights for a Sat/Sunday trip only.

Thats only Ryanair, there are other airlines to check yet.

City Hero
08/04/2004, 9:48 PM
9 hours waiting at Stansted airport? Unless those flights get alot cheaper, you'd be better off trying easyjet from Stansted to Copenhagen (shorter waiting time at Stansted), or fly Dublin to Copenhagen direct for about 170 euro.

patsh
09/04/2004, 11:04 AM
€207.71 Aer Lingus, Dublin to Copenhagen
Flying out Friday 18th @ 7:30
Back Sunday @ 11:20

SAS
Dublin - Copenhagen, June 19
11:55 DUB - 15:05 CPH
Copenhagen - Dublin, June 20
09:50 CPH - 11:15 DUB

€172.11

Snatch
09/04/2004, 1:23 PM
I wouldn't be sure about going to the airline and telling them there is a large group of people looking to go. They jack up the prices when they know there is big demand, not the other way around.

Another problem is that in waiting for confirmation on the match (due to fair play allocation and whether it's on a Saturday or Sunday), we run the risk of the prices going up. The key with Ryanair and Easyjet is to book early.

Does anyone know when will we get confirmation?

Eric
09/04/2004, 9:32 PM
The draw for the UEFA spot isn't being made til the end of May which leaves very little time to book for Sweden if we don't get the UEFA spot. Not sure when they are gonna confirm the actual day for the match but at the moment it's llooking like most people are gonna opt for a Friday to Monday trip and make the most of it

Flynninio
13/04/2004, 10:59 PM
our flights are booked fri to mon. we be goosed if we get uefa but still fcuk off for the weekend anyway. prices with ryanair will go up by end of may we were told..

Eric
14/04/2004, 1:49 PM
Where are ye staying???

Neil
14/04/2004, 1:50 PM
our flights are booked fri to mon. we be goosed if we get uefa but still fcuk off for the weekend anyway. prices with ryanair will go up by end of may we were told..

What's ye're route?
How much?

I reckon I'll book aswell. Can't afford to wait til June to book it.

Flynninio
14/04/2004, 5:18 PM
our oute is london stanstead and then malmo with ryan air - fri morn bout 9 to london 115 euro return and 70 for london malmo leaving 7 in evening . we goin stay malmo nite of game n prob copenhagen fri n sun.place i think call chritianos district of copenhagen supposed to be like amsterdam - we likes the seedy gaffs so prob stay round there.

ccfcgirl
15/04/2004, 12:16 PM
has anybody got a price for a weeks stay

ian
15/04/2004, 1:57 PM
Ccfcgirl I think it will cost you about 230 to 250 to stay the week.

Ozymandias
15/04/2004, 2:44 PM
lads if ye are going to saty anywhere stay in copenhagen...sweden is unbelievably expensive particularly for food,drink and accomodation

also there was an airline I traveled with called snowflake and they do cheap flights from dublin to copenhagen....check them out....they only have a limited amount of flights .early morning and late evening normally

eoinh
15/04/2004, 2:55 PM
I was reading a guidebook to sweden the other day and ive come to the conclusion that Malmo might actually be the better bet.

If you want to see and do things Cophenhagen is too big for a two night stay. Malmo however, has a few things to see and do. Apparently it attracts a mix of business and holiday travellers to its hostels and hotels. There are reductions in these places during the summer and further reductions at weekends due to the fact that business travellers go home for the weekend.

Usually you find that smallish cities are more friendly and its easier to get around. Theres a chance to mix as well with the Malmo supporters.

Ozymandias
15/04/2004, 3:03 PM
your right about the accomodation it is cheaper at week ends but believe me the swedes don't exactly party...it is a nice place though malmo is....also check out the boat houses...you can rent these and they can be good value and are always pretty centrally located.....I stayed in one in malmo and it was the finest

also the more alcohol content in the drink the dearer it ir...that is the pricing structure they have there....they have very strict alcohol laws there as well

the stadium is class though for such a small city

pete
15/04/2004, 3:14 PM
The draw for the UEFA spot isn't being made til the end of May

Is there any chance they could be deciding the result of the fair play league table before that? i.e. whose top?

eoinh
15/04/2004, 3:18 PM
Is there any chance they could be deciding the result of the fair play league table before that? i.e. whose top?

UEFA give very few updates. Sweden are top at the moment. I doubt if anything more will be heard until may about that draw.

Malmo arent top of the swedish fair play league so there is no chance of them getting the UEFA spot - its some other swedish team

pete
15/04/2004, 3:34 PM
Malmo arent top of the swedish fair play league so there is no chance of them getting the UEFA spot - its some other swedish team

Didn't think of that...

Ozymandias
15/04/2004, 3:46 PM
the only way the fair play league can affect the tie is if the LOI get it...then we are upgraded to uefa and pats get the intertoto.

Malmo Fc are prepared for a trip to Ireland just not sure whether it is here or dublin..according to there pr

That was my understanding of the thing anyway....open to correction though

Eric
16/04/2004, 11:00 AM
Booked my flights this morning with Aer Lingus.

Friday 18th June:
Depart Dublin : 07.30am
Arrive Copenhagen : 10.40am

Monday 21st June:
Depart Copenhagen: 11.20am
Arrive Dublin: 12.35pm

Flights cost me 192.71 yoyo's

eoinh
16/04/2004, 11:06 AM
err, what are you going to do if we get a UEFA cup spot? :D

wiseman
16/04/2004, 12:02 PM
I Theres a chance to mix as well with the Malmo supporters.

A buddy living in Sweden does not recommend staying in Malmo. Their supporters caused hassle when they went to play Hammerby (his local team). He recommends staying in Copenhagen. He's over there a long time and is CCFC thru&thru

Eric
16/04/2004, 3:22 PM
err, what are you going to do if we get a UEFA cup spot? :D

I'd prefer to take my chance now rather than wait for the draw. If City don't get the spot then the flights will be very expensive so close to the intertoto weekend

City Hero
17/04/2004, 10:29 PM
Check out the following for things to do in Copenhagen;

Tivoli Gardens (http://www.tivoligardens.com)

Copenhagen Tourism Site (http://www.woco.dk)

Aerlingus (http://www.aerlingus.com) or Scandinavian Airlines (http://www.scandinavian.net) seem to be the best choice for flights from Dublin. Flights cost from 170 to 190 euro.

You can get a Copenhagen card that gives you free public travel & discounts into many museums etc. Prices are 199 DKK (27 euro) for 24 hours & 399 DKK (53 euro) for 72 hours.

I think Copenhagen is going to be the best place to stay, and if you wan t to make a short break out of the trip, there is certainly no shortage of things to see and do in the City (Carlsberg Brewery/Museum & Nørrebro Bryghus Microbrewry which has just been opened and is run by Carlsberg's former master brewer of 16 years - to name just 2)

thecorner
18/04/2004, 11:12 AM
Check out the following for things to do in Copenhagen;

Tivoli Gardens (http://www.tivoligardens.com)

Copenhagen Tourism Site (http://www.woco.dk)

Aerlingus (http://www.aerlingus.com) or Scandinavian Airlines (http://www.scandinavian.net) seem to be the best choice for flights from Dublin. Flights cost from 170 to 190 euro.

You can get a Copenhagen card that gives you free public travel & discounts into many museums etc. Prices are 199 DKK (27 euro) for 24 hours & 399 DKK (53 euro) for 72 hours.

I think Copenhagen is going to be the best place to stay, and if you wan t to make a short break out of the trip, there is certainly no shortage of things to see and do in the City (Carlsberg Brewery/Museum & Nørrebro Bryghus Microbrewry which has just been opened and is run by Carlsberg's former master brewer of 16 years - to name just 2)

dont take this wrong way but i dont think we are going over for museums and to see the sites

a lot of drinking of be done and oogling the scandanavian women

City Hero
18/04/2004, 3:26 PM
dont take this wrong way but i dont think we are going over for museums and to see the sites

a lot of drinking of be done and oogling the scandanavian women

Point taken the corner, I agree 100 % about the Scandinavian women, but unless you have deep pockets, the drinking is going to be a bit limited.

Anyway the point of travelling away in Europe aswell as supporting your team is to experience the culture of the area you are visiting.

niamh
18/04/2004, 4:52 PM
I'd prefer to take my chance now rather than wait for the draw. If City don't get the spot then the flights will be very expensive so close to the intertoto weekend

Its odds against getting Uefa Cup anyway, so people might as well book flights.

GavinZac
19/04/2004, 3:45 PM
not very big odds, its one in three

eoinh
19/04/2004, 5:04 PM
One thing I always like to do in any city is have a look at the football ground. There's something about stadium architecture that fascinates me.

Odd, i love football grounds too. No matter where i go i always try and feret out a football ground

City Hero

Anyway the point of travelling away in Europe aswell as supporting your team is to experience the culture of the area you are visiting.

I love doing a mixture of things. Culture, Football, bit of drink, shows.
As i've neen nabbed women are out on the pain of a slow death :(

GavinZac
19/04/2004, 7:10 PM
I love doing a mixture of things. Culture, Football, bit of drink, shows.
As i've neen nabbed women are out on the pain of a slow death :(

join me in my "if you can't touch, look" philosophy ;)

Ref
19/04/2004, 7:25 PM
for anyone who doesn't like flying,

return prices

Cork to Amsterdam by BUS €130 adult €89 youth

Amsterdam to Malmo by BUS €130

bit of a long journey though!

thecorner
19/04/2004, 8:53 PM
would nearly be better off to base ourselves in malmo instead of coppenhagen

would save a lot of travelling in and out and back again

Colm
19/04/2004, 11:45 PM
would nearly be better off to base ourselves in malmo instead of coppenhagen

would save a lot of travelling in and out and back again

It's only about 30 minutes by train though and by all accounts Copenhagen is bigger, better and cheaper than Malmo.

A face
20/04/2004, 12:41 AM
It's only about 30 minutes by train though and by all accounts Copenhagen is bigger, better and cheaper than Malmo.

Copenhagen is the spot alright .... unless you are going for a quite weekend, and you could then maybe even bring a book or something. :)

Éanna
20/04/2004, 11:15 AM
Found an offer with a travel agency in Dublin for a 3 day city break in Copenhagen- flights accomodation and breakfast incl in a 3* hotel for about 340 yoyos. checkin that out at the moment. also got a friend of mine from Denmark checking out accomodation- will post anything she comes up with soon as i know

GavinZac
20/04/2004, 11:47 AM
Found an offer with a travel agency in Dublin for a 3 day city break in Copenhagen- flights accomodation and breakfast incl in a 3* hotel for about 340 yoyos. checkin that out at the moment. also got a friend of mine from Denmark checking out accomodation- will post anything she comes up with soon as i know

you'd never give me a shout as to how to set that deal up if you get it? that sounds perfect like

Éanna
20/04/2004, 12:06 PM
soon as i hear something I'll let people know. waiting for them to get back to me

thecorner
21/04/2004, 2:44 PM
just a thought

what if we got onto the club and told them that we haxe X amount of peole going and can they provide transport etc.......

City Hero
22/04/2004, 9:36 PM
Citybreak deals are available through the Statoil Premium Club, with prices starting from 239 euro for a 2 night & 279 euro for a 3 night stay in a 3 star hotel.

Pablo
29/04/2004, 10:43 AM
just a thought

what if we got onto the club and told them that we haxe X amount of peole going and can they provide transport etc.......

i've mine booked already but i've asked a few people in the club about this and they are getting back to me

eoinh
29/04/2004, 11:23 AM
In his programme notes last week Lennox noted that Malmo might still get a fair play place in the UEFA cup. Im afraid hes got his facts wrong. Sweden could still get a fair play award but it wont be Malmo who will get it, its another swedish team. City on the other hand......

SÓC
29/04/2004, 12:35 PM
In his programme notes last week Lennox noted that Malmo might still get a fair play place in the UEFA cup. Im afraid hes got his facts wrong. Sweden could still get a fair play award but it wont be Malmo who will get it, its another swedish team. City on the other hand......

Yea I saw that but on the Malmo site (I dont speak Swedish but....) they mentioned Intertoto Cup, Cork City, then the words Fair Play and then St. Patricks.

So if the worse comes to the worse Dodge and co can have our flights by changing the name. They'd get cheap flights, we'd get a fair bit of our money back, or else we could all go and support Malmo and use it as a dry run for our own Uefa trip.

ian
29/04/2004, 3:28 PM
Lads I had a chat with the club and they are wating on the draw to be made first and then they will make there plans for the away leg of what ever cup they will get into.

pete
29/04/2004, 3:41 PM
So how many people have actually booked anything at this stage?

I'd be reasonably confident of getting ok price for flights once know for definite as theres a huge amount of options when will do 1 stop over on the way thru europe or even regional uk airports...

Colm
29/04/2004, 4:51 PM
So how many people have actually booked anything at this stage?

Most people have AFAIK.
There's a load of us after booking the Dublin-Copenhagen flights, going Friday coming back Monday.

Citygirl
29/04/2004, 5:17 PM
malmo have requested the game be played on the thursday instead of the saturday..lennox hasnt agreed to anything yet

SÓC
29/04/2004, 5:20 PM
That would a total farce if it was played on a Thursday.

The only reason the Intertoto is worth entering is because the games are on at the weekend.

Have to tell him tomorrow!

Citygirl
29/04/2004, 5:23 PM
its lousy on de lads that have already paid for the flights..im not sure if i was meant to say anything about it but i said id better post something before they change the date and then announce it..someone was talking to lennox at the u17s game last nite and he told him about it..