PDA

View Full Version : Cup final

Pages : 1 2 [3]

sligoman
24/11/2009, 9:46 PM
The most refreshing thing about that game was seeing Meehan take a lad out of it when he came outThat's about the 5th time you've called him that in different threads...it's Meenan, not Meehan. Not hard to get his name right!

Shedzer
24/11/2009, 9:59 PM
That's about the 5th time you've called him that in different threads...it's Meenan, not Meehan. Not hard to get his name right!

Apologys. Dont know why i keep calling him that.

Nathan
24/11/2009, 10:01 PM
I agree with the rest of your post, about Cook and Turner/O'Grady, but this isnt good reading. Morrison was the man that day and it is clear to see. Ryan actually was decent in terms of not giving the ball away and doing what he does in spreading it to others to create. Boco and Morrison made things happen. Every time Morrison touched the ball he was a joy to watch, he was coming in field, creating a move down the right with Boco, picking out a pass..real top quality stuff. Ryan found feet that day, nothing major, nothing special.

Its probably still on TG4 if you want to look at the second half. Plain to see

It was not intended as a criticism of any of these players but Ryan deserved more credit than he got, same as Sunday.

sligorover
24/11/2009, 10:28 PM
ventre was my man of the match
I saw you in the red cow before the game, I'm not quite sure where you went after that but it obviously wasn't to the same game of football as me. Doyle was outstanding. Keane's performance in the second half was brilliant in a team that seemed to be trying hard to lose the game. Ventre was Ventre, he trys hard but lacks very much in terms of actual talent.

sligobhoy67
24/11/2009, 10:33 PM
Here are a few photos I too of our support on the day.

I saw GutsandGlory sitting in the stand on theway out - he looked like he just heard that Jedward had been voted out!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2662/4131464359_11f205e177_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2493/4130978165_1bae8652b2_b.jpg

CF1989
24/11/2009, 10:50 PM
I saw you in the red cow before the game, I'm not quite sure where you went after that but it obviously wasn't to the same game of football as me. Doyle was outstanding. Keane's performance in the second half was brilliant in a team that seemed to be trying hard to lose the game. Ventre was Ventre, he trys hard but lacks very much in terms of actual talent.

never under estimate the white pele...

CF1989
24/11/2009, 10:54 PM
I agree with the rest of your post, about Cook and Turner/O'Grady, but this isnt good reading. Morrison was the man that day and it is clear to see. Ryan actually was decent in terms of not giving the ball away and doing what he does in spreading it to others to create. Boco and Morrison made things happen. Every time Morrison touched the ball he was a joy to watch, he was coming in field, creating a move down the right with Boco, picking out a pass..real top quality stuff. Ryan found feet that day, nothing major, nothing special.

Its probably still on TG4 if you want to look at the second half. Plain to see

if you knew me im sure you'd understand

btw, anyone see him skinnin the winger in the first half? knocked the ball round him and ran around him to get it the other side. well done danny!!

and i can assure u i know alot more about football and about sligo rovers than you

rovers100%
25/11/2009, 10:51 AM
cf its obvious you rate danny highly and you tell us he is a great player. if so who would you compare him too in premiership terms...... for me he is robbie savage, no huge skill but annoys opposing players and gives 100% every game but come on ya cant even joke that technically he is a good player. his passing is average at best. for me he played his best games for us this year as centre back. in a way, the formation fingal played in the final made ryan and danny lost as they played all width with very little in the centre and the game passed the 2 sligo boys by. but going forward ryan and ventre offer very little. ryan will get his operation now and someone will eat humble pie next year as to what player returns. i have a feeling its the ryan haters who will win that one but it all remains to be seen. but there is a bit of danny worshipping from the forza crowd on here and fair enuf we all all entitled to our views same as we are entitled to think he is limited. thats the beauty of a forum and the beauty of football

Shedzer
25/11/2009, 10:55 AM
if you knew me im sure you'd understand

What is there to understand? Knowing you wouldnt change the obvious fact that Morrision changed the cup semi final.

And for what its worth, i do know who you are....

and i can assure u i know alot more about football and about sligo rovers than you
Haha, thats good, you are a funny chap. Hidding behind a screen and making such statements says alot about your common intelligence. Not only is it obnoxious and completely unfounded, its embarrassing to read.

Il leave out Sligo Rovers, i know my decent share as iv been supporting them for 13 years, but i dont know what time the players go for dinner or bed at so in broad terms, you probably do know more.

Do you want to test that knowledge about football? Because given the evidence presented by you so far on 'opinions', im fairly confident that your clueless.

Point been, Ventre was poor on Sunday (majority opinion which conflicts yours) and Ryan didnt make half the impact Morrision did in the semi.(as above)

If you knew, i think you would understand

rovers100%
25/11/2009, 10:57 AM
go on shedzer ya rebel !!! ;) at the end of the day danny is a defender playing as a midfielder !!! a white pele........ pele played up front if im not wrong !!! so comparing him to pele cf you kinda ruin your image as knowing all bout football cos ya play with the A team. http://www.sligochampion.ie/sport/soccer/its-still-a-learning-process-for-danny-1379989.html this is from when danny signed just to show you i am right he is a defender !!! i commend you for worshipping a player so much it shows your passion for the game and for rovers but its getting a bit like a bromance cos when anyone critiizes him you jump down their throat here.

Guts&Glory
25/11/2009, 11:13 AM

I saw GutsandGlory sitting in the stand on theway out - he looked like he just heard that Jedward had been voted out!

I will openly admit there was a lump in my throat and a tear being fought back, never so devastated at a match.

Last Wednesday against France was for the country last Sunday was for our Town and our Rovers - and because of that it hurts even more.

rovers100%
25/11/2009, 11:13 AM
i dont think anyone doubts cf knows plenty about rovers and football but ya have to question his knowledge when he refers danny as the white pele, for me it would be the white djemba djemba lol.

dong
25/11/2009, 11:30 AM
I'd safely say CF has been on the wind up a bit in his last few posts.....at least I hope he is!
As for the "White Pele" thing, it's just a song lads. Nobody actually thinks he has the skills of Pele.
Chrisht!!:rolleyes:

CF1989
25/11/2009, 2:45 PM
just a song? naw...its the truth. he's better than pele. the lad can play!

sligorover
25/11/2009, 4:39 PM
Danny is more than a footballer. He is a financial genious, he's managed to make a career in professional football despite being unable to accurately kick a football over 3 yards.

dahamsta
25/11/2009, 6:41 PM
OT posts binned (http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=128650).

Back on topic please.

adam

Redkenrover
25/11/2009, 9:22 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2662/4131464359_11f205e177_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2493/4130978165_1bae8652b2_b.jpg

Just wondering, there used to be a time that you got a few photos on the website of various Rovers teams, match action etc. Doesn't seem to be anything at all over the last while, is there anywhere else these are posted/on view?

MMVIII
25/11/2009, 9:38 PM
Danny is more than a footballer. He is a financial genious, he's managed to make a career in professional football despite being unable to accurately kick a football over 3 yards.

That is clearly untrue.

And also not funny at all.

rovers100%
25/11/2009, 9:40 PM
i think the pitch in tallaght held up extremely well considering the conditions last 2 weeks. pity the roof on the stand is not as effective