PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Merchandise

clubman
25/10/2009, 9:15 PM
Now that we are in our first cup final for 15 years I think it’s time the club started to think of the prospect of making some real money by getting cup final merchandise out there as quick as possible. With a possible 3000+ bit o red supporters descending on Tallaght each one of them will need to be decked out in the colours. Scarves, hats, tees, jerseys, sweatshirts, coats, jackets etc, there’s big money to be made with merchandise and what a great opportunity to do it with an appearance in the FAI Cup Final. I remember a few years ago when Longford Town were in a similar position it was reported they made a profit of €60,000 on merchandise sales alone. Our club can do likewise. The opportunity is there let’s hope its avail of.

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 9:19 PM
. With a possible 3000+ bit o red supporters descending on Tallaght each one of .

I'd expect alot more than 3,000 Rovers fans at the game. Hopefully the club does make a bit of money out of the final. I'm sure Jako will be looking to make a bit of profit off the occasion too.

thesilverfox
25/10/2009, 9:27 PM
heard rumours that the club are thinking of opening the shop up in the showgies full time before the final with greater publicity.

in my opinion they shoud get a prime spot in the town centre. alot of empty buildings, and it would only be needed for 4weeks. it would make a big profit in town. far bigger than if they were up in the showgies. could get the rent on the cheap as landlords with empty buildings would be mad for anything in this climate.

it will be interesting to see how big the club go promoting now till nov22. having a prime central location would get more people especially the non rovers fans. somewhere like johnstons court where half the units are empty

SligoBrewer
25/10/2009, 9:30 PM
Town centre would be way better than up in the showgies alright.

sligobhoy67
25/10/2009, 11:49 PM
try buying some Rovers merchandise on line! :cool:

CF1989
26/10/2009, 12:38 AM
loads of free space in johnston court, maybe something could be done, with jako already in town i cant see the club having a seperate place aswell

Martinho II
26/10/2009, 4:26 PM
Town centre would be way better than up in the showgies alright.

when we got to the final we rented out a local businessmans premises in town... It is the way to go.. Are any of ye doing special teeshirts for the final like what we did two years ago?:D

Rovers1
26/10/2009, 5:32 PM
.. Are any of ye doing special teeshirts for the final like what we did two years ago?:D

The only special t-shirts that mattered were the ones with the letters W,E,X,L,E and R Marty ;)

redobit
27/10/2009, 8:28 AM
You should be able to buy Rovers Merchandise in every sports shop in town.

Only1Rovers
27/10/2009, 9:06 AM
Just heard on the news that Jako are recalling thousands of products from across Europe because there's a chemical in the material in their jersey's that could cause impotence.

Might be worth bearing in mind when producing Cup Final Merchandise.

Check out page 21 of the Star.

gustavo
27/10/2009, 10:21 AM
:mad:
Just heard on the news that Jako are recalling thousands of products from across Europe because there's a chemical in the material in their jersey's that could cause impotence.

I knew it :mad:

sligofan4ever
27/10/2009, 10:30 AM

Just checked it out. ANyone notice the picture above that might take the reader's attention away from the article about the jersey's :D

CF1989
27/10/2009, 11:42 AM
whats the jiz-t of the story?

dublinred
27/10/2009, 11:51 AM
whats the jist of the story?

Wear your rovers jersey in bed and you wont need condoms.

Martinho II
28/10/2009, 11:17 AM
The only special t-shirts that mattered were the ones with the letters W,E,X,L,E and R Marty ;)

thats true all right rovers1.. and ye were perfect models who earned no money for the privilege. wonder how wexler is nowadays?

sligoman
28/10/2009, 1:49 PM
thats true all right rovers1.. and ye were perfect models who earned no money for the privilege. wonder how wexler is nowadays?We've caught up with him on facebook, he's grand;)

RGMY
28/10/2009, 9:53 PM
lads just to let ye know the trust will be bringing out car flags in the next week r so all proceeds will be given to the club, also hoping to bring out car plates with names on them, we also have been offered teddy bears and other merchandise like mugs biros etc all advice would be appreciated

sligoman
28/10/2009, 10:15 PM
lads just to let ye know the trust will be bringing out car flags in the next week r so all proceeds will be given to the club, also hoping to bring out car plates with names on them, we also have been offered teddy bears and other merchandise like mugs biros etc all advice would be appreciatedGreat news...at least this way, the club will actually be making the money.

celticV3
28/10/2009, 11:17 PM
Isn't there space in Johnston court for temporary sales, just before the jean scene shop. Would the club be able to get a few people to volunteer some Saturday to go in and try and sell merchandise? I'm sure their would be people willing to go in and do that if it could be arranged.

CF1989
29/10/2009, 12:38 AM
great ideas RGMY....would be big sellers!

Martinho II
29/10/2009, 10:09 AM
We've caught up with him on facebook, he's grand;)

is he still playin footie and for whom?

Rovers1
29/10/2009, 10:11 AM
is he still playin footie and for whom?

Real Madrid C Team. He's captain, and has scored 56 goals in 14 games. Pretty decent like!

Martinho II
29/10/2009, 10:22 AM
Real Madrid C Team. He's captain, and has scored 56 goals in 14 games. Pretty decent like!

de wex was always a step ahead of everyone!

redarmyfaction
29/10/2009, 10:46 AM
lads just to let ye know the trust will be bringing out car flags in the next week r so all proceeds will be given to the club, also hoping to bring out car plates with names on them, we also have been offered teddy bears and other merchandise like mugs biros etc all advice would be appreciated

Where will they be sold?

sligoman
06/11/2009, 10:32 AM
There'll be club merchandise on sale at the match tonight. They'll also be on sale in Tesco(Quinnsworth for ye aul fellas;)) arcade from 9am tomorrow morning.

Flags, car flags, cup final jersey and other items.

Bravo
07/11/2009, 8:13 AM

CD's with the songs sang at the matches, we can all get a bit of practice in before hand!!

oldrover
07/11/2009, 11:12 AM
NOw lets show the FAI and the country in general how well the bitored is supported. Plenty of flags and colour to really make an impact on cup final weekend

MMVIII
07/11/2009, 2:34 PM
NOw lets show the FAI and the country in general how well the bitored is supported. Plenty of flags and colour to really make an impact on cup final weekend

No cowboy hats though.

Please :o

rovers100%
07/11/2009, 5:45 PM
There'll be club merchandise on sale at the match tonight. They'll also be on sale in Tesco(Quinnsworth for ye aul fellas;)) arcade from 9am tomorrow morning.

Flags, car flags, cup final jersey and other items.

was in tesco today seen nothing on sale sligoman or was my eyes playing tricks on me:confused:

CF1989
07/11/2009, 7:30 PM
would love to get a CD of all the songs together for the bus on the way up, nothing sung by a certain rovers volunteer though please

sligoman
12/11/2009, 6:31 PM
was in tesco today seen nothing on sale sligoman or was my eyes playing tricks on me:confused:It's open now. It's in the shop where Brodericks used to be. Can't miss it now with the Forza Rovers players flags on the window.

red arrow
13/11/2009, 6:52 PM
yes shop is a credit to the club. we should all support it by purchasing an item

CF1989
13/11/2009, 11:28 PM
i love a good item

sligo23
14/11/2009, 9:54 PM
Was in the shop in Tesco for the first time today and it seems to be doing very well. I really think they should make it a permenant fixture there, because Jakos shop is too out of the way and it gives the club abit more exposure.

Knappagh Red
15/11/2009, 5:37 PM
€75 for a childs tracksuit, who's trying to rip people off, the club or jako?

DonalE
15/11/2009, 6:20 PM

Was it a leather tracksuit?

Only1Rovers
15/11/2009, 9:38 PM

The missus was into Jako recently to buy a tracksuit for the wee lad for his birthday. Said she'd do the decent thing and get him a Rovers tracksuit instead of Liverpool or Premiership team.... She was shocked when she heard the price and quickly turned on her heal. There were cheaper Premier League tracksuits around town.