PDA

View Full Version : Best LOI chants

Pages : [1] 2

peadar1987
13/05/2009, 10:57 PM
Jeez there's an awful lot of doom and gloom around these board recently! I thought I'd try and liven things up by getting people to post the cleverest/funniest/most horrifically insulting chants they've heard or would like to hear at LOI games.

I'll start the ball rolling with Drogheda away to UCD singing "Is your homework done", followed by "Anders Frisk's a w*nker" at referee Alan Kelly.

They had that blonde girl as a linesperson as well, she came in for some abuse, but I can't remember anything specifically!

brianw82
13/05/2009, 11:09 PM
Not really original as such, but some of our lads were getting the usual "culchie" abuse from Pats fans at our 2nd game in Richmond last year. One of the ringleaders was some obese lad, and a prompt "Who ate all the pies?" chant shut him up quite quickly.

Rovers1
13/05/2009, 11:23 PM
Whats new pussycat... WHAOAOAOAOOAA

L.T.F.C.
13/05/2009, 11:50 PM
dig a hole and bury him!

citybone
14/05/2009, 10:54 AM
Cork City fans sing vs Shamrock Rovers

"Kilcoyne is our hero, he wears a hero's hat, he got his hands on Milltown, said ill cash in that, he could have taken Rovers to champions league success, instead he sold the ground, your just a ****ing mess!"

or

"take a stroll down Milltown road, to the place where we see, lots of houses and apartments, take a stroll, down Milltown road!"

Or

"Owen Heary's Illegitimate, He aint got no birth certificate, he's got aids and cant get rid of it, Dirty Dublin *******!"

micls
14/05/2009, 10:57 AM
We'd a good laugh in Pats the other night singing '9 more goals and we're top of the league' then 8 then 7.

Raheny Red
14/05/2009, 10:59 AM
I'm embarrassed for you all :o

micls
14/05/2009, 11:06 AM

I'd have thought, as a Shels fan, you've enough embarrassment of your own without taking on that of others.....

Some people eh?

pineapple stu
14/05/2009, 11:06 AM
Seconded.

When will people learn that you don't get homework in college? That one always baffled me. A sign of clubs whose fans never went to college.

micls
14/05/2009, 11:07 AM
Seconded.

When will people learn that you don't get homework in college? That one always baffled me. A sign of clubs whose fans never went to college.

:confused: We did.....

pineapple stu
14/05/2009, 11:08 AM
Even though they call it "Christian Brothers College", it's still a secondary school. ;)

micls
14/05/2009, 11:10 AM
Even though they call it "Christian Brothers College", it's still a secondary school. ;)

Well, me going to Christians would have certainly been interesting anyway........

I was talking about Mary Immaculate College, actually.

peadar1987
14/05/2009, 11:12 AM
Seconded.

I get homework in college. Those bums with their Social Studies degrees in the Arts Block mightn't, but us engineers are kept busy.

peadar1987
14/05/2009, 11:12 AM
**Thread derailed after 10 posts!**

Rovers1
14/05/2009, 11:20 AM
Cork City fans sing vs Shamrock Rovers

"Kilcoyne is our hero, he wears a hero's hat, he got his hands on Milltown, said ill cash in that, he could have taken Rovers to champions league success, instead he sold the ground, your just a ****ing mess!"

"Owen Heary's Illegitimate, He aint got no birth certificate, he's got aids and cant get rid of it, Dirty Dublin *******!"

Theres the 2nd version then, that i used to hear the Shed heads (the real ones) sing where you replace the 2nd line with ''when he saw Milltown, he said i fancy that''

Also replace 'Rovers' with 'Shamrock' and the last line with ''now Milltowns full of houses and Shams are a ****ing mess''

The 2nd song is a favourite of Da Real Rover, you know you've made in the LoI if you hear DRR singing this at you in The Jinks;)

Sam_Heggy
14/05/2009, 11:22 AM
In our FAI cup game against Derry the weather was atrocious with the Derry fans standing outside in the rain.

On guy started singing "we hope you catch pneumonia" but it didn't sound right and was adjusted to "we hope you catch leprosy"

Just pretty funny at the time because we all know Derry fans are already lepers. :p

The chants between Harps and Derry fans are usually pretty funny, they have a fixation with Sheep and Dogs so its usually around those line.

The Derry announcer actually played baa baa black sheep over the tannoy at one of games a while back.

pól-dcfc
14/05/2009, 11:24 AM
In our FAI cup game against Derry the weather was atrocious with the Derry fans standing outside in the rain.

On guy started singing "we hope you catch pneumonia" but it didn't sound right and was adjusted to "we hope you catch leprosy"

Just pretty funny at the time because we all know Derry fans are already lepers. :p

The chants between Harps and Derry fans are usually pretty funny, they have a fixation with Sheep and Dogs so its usually around those line.

The Derry announcer actually played baa baa black sheep over the tannoy at one of games a while back.

We do have some craic. I love the Harps Derry derby. It's class craic. I think that a lot of Derry fans really like Harps - you helped get us into the league in the first place - so it makes for a really friendly, but passionate rivalry. Can't wait for the A-League match on Sunday.

Sam_Heggy
14/05/2009, 1:08 PM
We do have some craic. I love the Harps Derry derby. It's class craic. I think that a lot of Derry fans really like Harps - you helped get us into the league in the first place - so it makes for a really friendly, but passionate rivalry. Can't wait for the A-League match on Sunday.

See you there :D

Dalymountrower
14/05/2009, 1:18 PM

Friendly and passionate does not a derby make;)

pól-dcfc
14/05/2009, 2:13 PM
See you there :D

Do you think many will come down?

Sam_Heggy
14/05/2009, 2:18 PM
Do you think many will come down?

Doubt it, maybe 10 or 15 at most but who knows.

Is it confirmed for the Brandywell yet or an alternative venue.

Krstic
14/05/2009, 2:23 PM
Shamrock Rovers used to sing one about Liam Coyle playing for Norn Ireland and wearing a bowler Hat, always found it quite amusing, even though it became hypocritical when Feeney was playing up front for them.

pól-dcfc
14/05/2009, 2:24 PM
Doubt it, maybe 10 or 15 at most but who knows.

Is it confirmed for the Brandywell yet or an alternative venue.

According to our forum i's the Brandy.

I'm heading up to a Development meeting tonight, so I'll ask around and give you a pm later to confirm.

Rovers Maniac
14/05/2009, 2:30 PM
In the pub at Turners cross 2nd last game of the season both going for the last Euro spot, anyway Cork fans are giving us pelters "who are ya" etc etc and one of our lads starts a song "80 years and we've got one name 80 years and we got one name". Cork lads had no response to that, fair play though seen the funny side of it themselves. :)

Dundalkjames
14/05/2009, 2:43 PM
When we played shels last yr in Tolka Park they were top of the league and we started singing " Top of the league your having a laugh "

pól-dcfc
14/05/2009, 2:46 PM
When we played shels last yr in Tolka Park they were top of the league and we started singing " Top of the league your having a laugh "

:D

That really is one of the great LoI chants.

I hope you're taking the hand...

L37Ultra
14/05/2009, 3:20 PM
One the funniest ive ever heard was when we were playing Cork in the League Cup last year at Turners Cross.

It was on the same night as the Champions League semi-final and it was one of the worst crowds ive ever seen at a LOI game but the Cork fans started singing to the Limerick fans "Whats it like to see a crowd?.."

Funny thing about it was they were being serious I think :D!!

Calcio Jack
14/05/2009, 3:38 PM
This relates more to a funny comment than a chant:

In Milltown , Rovers playing Bohs, we're one nil up and it's the last minute....

Bohs launch on last desperate attack.. a character in the Rovers crowd shouts "... if they score now I'll eat me mickey..."

Bohs equalise and there is a stunned silence in the Rovers end..then cue a lone voice heard saying...".. pass the salt..." the place cracked up with laughter.

Dalymountrower
14/05/2009, 3:53 PM

In Milltown , Rovers playing Bohs, we're one nil up and it's the last minute....

Bohs launch on last desperate attack.. a character in the Rovers crowd shouts "... if they score now I'll eat me mickey..."

Bohs equalise and there is a stunned silence in the Rovers end..then cue a lone voice heard saying...".. pass the salt..." the place cracked up with laughter.

Johnny Reynor the scorer?

Calcio Jack
14/05/2009, 4:00 PM
Johnny Reynor the scorer?

Yep, Milltown Road end circa 1985 ( I think)

dfclilywhite
14/05/2009, 4:08 PM
When we played UCD in the cup we started singing "We all went to Trinity"

Longfordian
14/05/2009, 4:15 PM
When we play Athlone, sometimes our fans chant "We hate Athlone". Cracks me up.

RonnieB
14/05/2009, 4:20 PM
We will have to change it to "We hate Athlone A"

Longfordian
14/05/2009, 4:27 PM
We are the Portlaoise haters.

Schumi
14/05/2009, 4:27 PM
When we played UCD in the cup we started singing "We all went to Trinity"

Remember that, one of very few original UCD related chants.

Youths4Ever
14/05/2009, 4:35 PM
The "shoes off if you love the youths has got us some publicity". Also use all the usual songs saints go marching in etc but adjusted to Youths.

A few new one this year based around Wexford rebel songs. I personally like the one based on the tune of only fools and horses

Stash of money in his pocket
With a football on his van
If you want the best and you don't ask questions
Then Wallace is yer man

Cause where it all comes from is a mystery
Dolan 'n' O'Connor as his backroom team

hes the one thats given us some pride
Wer the Youths from Wexford
From the Slaneyside
nananana nana nana nananana nana nana

El-Pietro
14/05/2009, 4:54 PM
One the funniest ive ever heard was when we were playing Cork in the League Cup last year at Turners Cross.

It was on the same night as the Champions League semi-final and it was one of the worst crowds ive ever seen at a LOI game but the Cork fans started singing to the Limerick fans "Whats it like to see a crowd?.."

Funny thing about it was they were being serious I think :D!!
that was a great night, that and you can shove your champions league up your hole

Maynard
14/05/2009, 5:09 PM

A gem in a pile of excrement! Quality sir:D

longfordjames
14/05/2009, 6:57 PM
He hates the reds
he sent us down
he takes it up the ****en brown

DmanDmythDledge
14/05/2009, 7:05 PM
Derry fans to Pats fans in 2007 season re previous FAI Cup final.

"1-0 and you ****ed it up,
2-1 and you ****ed it up,
3-2 and you ****ed it up,
4-3 and we won the cup!"

LK37oldskool
14/05/2009, 7:38 PM
When the Youths come up to Jackman and wear their famous pink jerseys they get called many things but the funniest is "Funboys".Its fitted into many songs. One joker even brought a boombox to one game and played Elecric Six"Gaybar" over and over.
Ah goodtimes!:p

Youths4Ever
14/05/2009, 7:51 PM
When the Youths come up to Jackman and wear their famous pink jerseys they get called many things but the funniest is "Funboys".Its fitted into many songs. One joker even brought a boombox to one game and played Elecric Six"Gaybar" over and over.
Ah goodtimes!:p

Limerick do generally have best response to the pink jerseys but I like our response of "Your to ugly to be gay" as it quiet true :p

LK37oldskool
14/05/2009, 8:00 PM
have to say the Youths have a good sense of humour (need it with those jerseys)and give as good as they get.
Are ye still using that pink jersey?

ConfusedBlue
14/05/2009, 8:18 PM
Remember a game awhile back in the RSC,think it was Derry we were playing when Fenlon was in charge.One of the Derry lads went down injured and had to be subbed,about 15 minutes later same story.Derry lad goes down injured and after a lengthy stoppage is stretched off,as hes carried off one of the lads with a drum starts to play.........(to the tune of the Gladiators nugget) "boom boom booom boom another one bites the dust"

Unfortunately I think the Derry player did himself a serious injury but it was hilarious at the time!!!

Youths4Ever
14/05/2009, 8:41 PM
have to say the Youths have a good sense of humour (need it with those jerseys)and give as good as they get.
Are ye still using that pink jersey?

not very often this year to be honest only wore them once away in Athlone as far as I know but still selling well in the shop. we like to try to make a effort on the songs. :D

Another one to do with Limerick it was at replay of the floodlight failure game in the first season someone from Limerick was eating chips placed on there drum and "Is that a drum or a barbecue?"

Had some good ones first time in Fingal along the lines "You spend you summers in Courttown" (holiday resort in Gorey that a lot of Dublin folk would visit)

Also in Cobh in the first season we where winning and it was first outing of the bus "3 points and a brand new bus" we drew the game thanks to dodgy pen in last min :mad:

Hairy Bowsie
14/05/2009, 9:53 PM

You didn't, did you? You mad yoke :eek:

I always enjoyed the Abbylara one myself but some people still don't get it for what it is, which is a dig at the Gardai and not Johnny Carthy.

PartySaint
15/05/2009, 12:07 PM
A few years ago at a pats sligo game there was a woman linesman as Keith Foy ran by the camac someone shouted from the back "Foy you have bigget tits than the linesman"

BobtheDrog
15/05/2009, 2:40 PM
A few of my Drogheda favourites

Oriel park is a bouncy castle, oriel park is a bouncy castle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF463kB4A5A&feature=related

he puts his lipstick on
his high heels on
Georgie is a tranny and he should be called yvonne
Georgie is a tranny and he's coming out
cos that's what he's all about

From the San marino champions league trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKA6B2dRiTs

RoversHead
15/05/2009, 3:16 PM
Roy Keane`s a traitor he wears a traitors hat and when he went to saipan he didn`t fancy that.
He wouldn`t play for Ireland in Korea or Japan he`s just a Cork knacker he`s not an Irish man.

Olander
15/05/2009, 3:19 PM
Roy Keane`s a traitor he wears a traitors hat and when he went to saipan he didn`t fancy that.
He wouldn`t play for Ireland in Korea or Japan he`s just a Cork knacker he`s not an Irish man.
What the **** does that have to do with the LOI? :confused::o