PDA

View Full Version : Shane Duffy D Norwich b.1992

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29

tricky_colour
10/02/2019, 12:55 AM
Clark has 2? Wow. Didn't think he was getting much game time even

He has 3 in 9 now.

He was on the bench last week, Newcastle have a game on Monday maybe he will play them.

tricky_colour
03/03/2019, 9:58 AM
Motm for Brighton one of his best games of the season 8.49 rating, 11 headers 4 blocks and 4 shots.

jbyrne
26/09/2019, 6:49 AM
limped off with calf injury for brighton last night... real worry with georgia only 2 weeks away

Kyle_Katarn
26/09/2019, 6:59 AM
Hopefully nothing too serious, funnily enough i think we can cope with losing him in defense but he is a serious goal threat for us

Olé Olé
26/09/2019, 7:24 AM
https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/shane-duffy-set-to-miss-crucial-euro-double-header-after-suffering-calf-injury-38535959.html

Scan today.

jbyrne
26/09/2019, 7:52 AM
https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/shane-duffy-set-to-miss-crucial-euro-double-header-after-suffering-calf-injury-38535959.html

Scan today.

that article seems to suggest it was the result of a kick so hopefully not a muscle tear as such

Olé Olé
26/09/2019, 3:07 PM
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1177201907531730944?s=19

"It's a calf injury that looks like it will be a number of weeks" says Potter ahead of Duffy's scan. It would be great if the number of weeks were two. Or if Duffy insisted on playing. He's passionate about playing for us, hasn't been in the Brighton team recently (Webster preferred at the weekend) and obviously is aware of the Keogh news.

Fizzer
02/11/2019, 1:37 PM
Not starting again today, this supposed injury stuff can’t really wash anymore he seems to be really and truly dropped. He’ll be fine for us one way or the other but you’d think that unless he gets back in soon, he should consider a move in January.Definitely well able for the division so there should be plenty seeking his services.

Olé Olé
02/11/2019, 2:48 PM
On after 37 for Webster. Have to assume an injury?

SkStu
02/11/2019, 3:11 PM
Not starting again today, this supposed injury stuff can’t really wash anymore he seems to be really and truly dropped. He’ll be fine for us one way or the other but you’d think that unless he gets back in soon, he should consider a move in January.Definitely well able for the division so there should be plenty seeking his services.

He has a very effective set of skills but he is also quite limited in a number of other ways. The areas he is limited in are what a lot of clubs in the EPL expect their CBs to bring. He’ll still find a club but it will be a Burnley or similar. More of a sideways step.

tetsujin1979
02/11/2019, 3:46 PM
Scored his first goal of the season

tricky_colour
02/11/2019, 8:53 PM
The goal will not do his chances any harm.

tetsujin1979
26/12/2019, 10:58 AM
Starting today, with Connolly, against Spurs

tommy_c12000
26/12/2019, 1:30 PM
Duffy was ok, got caught playing a high line a couple of times. Connolly didn’t do a whole lot, was isolated again, and was replaced by Maupay in second half. Big home game vs Bournemouth on Saturday, I expect Potter to revert to 2 up front so hopefully Connolly will start again

tommy_c12000
28/12/2019, 1:11 PM
Steering Brighton to victory today. Back to back starts. This time he is with Dunk who was ill on Thursday. This is Brighton’s best centre back partnership. Webster has been a woeful defender in the games that I’ve watched him this season (which is every second of Connollys game time). I felt it was only a matter of time before Duffy would be given another chance. Hopefully he can stay in team. The 48 hour turnaround appears to have been too much for Connolly, despite being subbed early on Thursday. A lot of niggling injuries

livehead1
20/07/2020, 5:01 PM
He's going to need a move in the summer, particularly if Brighton take back Ben White from Leeds

paul_oshea
20/07/2020, 5:03 PM
Steering Brighton to victory today. Back to back starts. This time he is with Dunk who was ill on Thursday. This is Brighton’s best centre back partnership. Webster has been a woeful defender in the games that I’ve watched him this season (which is every second of Connollys game time). I felt it was only a matter of time before Duffy would be given another chance. Hopefully he can stay in team. The 48 hour turnaround appears to have been too much for Connolly, despite being subbed early on Thursday. A lot of niggling injuries

I'll bear this in mind when evaluating future player predictions :P

Olé Olé
20/07/2020, 5:57 PM
He's going to need a move in the summer, particularly if Brighton take back Ben White from Leeds

No harm if he gets a move, once it's another PL club. I honestly can't see what the fuss is with Potter if there was fuss at all. They like dire any time I watch them. It's as though he completely over-loads all the wrong areas of the pitch. It's like the anti-Sheffield United.

Stuttgart88
21/07/2020, 8:34 AM
Yet again, Paul's only contribution is to have a go at other people's predictions. Tiresome.

livehead1
21/07/2020, 4:33 PM
Yet again, Paul's only contribution is to have a go at other people's predictions. Tiresome.

Yup, the kind of post which has led to me becoming a less frequent visitor.

tommy_c12000
22/07/2020, 2:02 AM

Ole ole must be shocked by your overwhelming confirmation bias here...when so much evidence exists to the contrary. You just have to dig deeper with all the free time COVID has given you.

I did underestimate Potter’s resolve for sticking with his record signing, a decision based on pride which cost Brighton goals.

Duffy is in a tricky position in the off season. Potter seems resolute in having “footballing” centre halves. One of the promoted clubs a reasonable destination? He will need to move to avoid following in Kevin Longs footsteps

Eirambler
22/07/2020, 8:54 AM
His tweet to the Brighton supporters yesterday had a bit of a goodbye feel to it. You'd imagine he will have a few options, I could see him at somewhere like WBA (probably keeping O'Shea out of the team) if they go up.

tetsujin1979
22/07/2020, 8:59 AM
looks that way alright

seanfhear
22/07/2020, 10:00 AM
Just doesn’t suit that Manager. Needs a Manager that likes his style of Play.

DeLorean
22/07/2020, 1:03 PM
I did underestimate Potter’s resolve for sticking with his record signing, a decision based on pride which cost Brighton goals.

I enjoy people biting back at Posh immensely but how do you work this one out? Firstly, the decision seems to be based very much on his footballing philosophy so why would you assume pride? Secondly, they've conceded 53 goals so far this season (one game left) but 60 last season when Duffy was virtually ever present. A slightly crude gauge maybe but it seems a leap to say not picking Duffy has cost them goals.

tommy_c12000
22/07/2020, 4:32 PM
I enjoy people biting back at Posh immensely but how do you work this one out? Firstly, the decision seems to be based very much on his footballing philosophy so why would you assume pride? Secondly, they've conceded 53 goals so far this season (one game left) but 60 last season when Duffy was virtually ever present. A slightly crude gauge maybe but it seems a leap to say not picking Duffy has cost them goals.

I’ve watched every game Connolly has played this season. Webster has made a number of horrendous errors. He has been a liability in several games. Furthermore, I have been surprised how poor he actually is on the ball at times, which is why “footballing” is in quotations. That is how I’ve worked that one out

DeLorean
22/07/2020, 7:48 PM
I don't think he's been that bad to be honest, and it's not as if Duffy isn't capable of the occasional meltdown.

paul_oshea
24/07/2020, 2:11 PM
Deloreans point above is around 12% I think. Thats quite a margin even in numeric reading it seems quite low. You could add though that he provides goals so a fairer assumption would be GD overall with him in games and out and webster in and out. Go on Del run along and find out...

I'm only more in my belief now with the argument you've just used tommy! :)

Ireland is a small country, the overwhelming reality of which I adhere to will always seem negative, thats just the way it is. We will have more negativity than positivity in footballing terms. I'm just here to ground the whole thing really, because there's a bit of hyperactivity like naughty teenage schoolgirls on here quite often.

DeLorean
11/08/2020, 9:32 AM
West Brom have "stolen a march" on West Ham as they attempt to sign Duffy, according to Sky Sports - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/12046583/shane-duffy-west-brom-lead-race-to-sign-brighton-defender

Without thinking too deeply, it would seem like a good fit.

Stuttgart88
11/08/2020, 10:47 AM
Ireland is a small country, the overwhelming reality of which I adhere to will always seem negative, thats just the way it is. We will have more negativity than positivity in footballing terms. I'm just here to ground the whole thing really, because there's a bit of hyperactivity like naughty teenage schoolgirls on here quite often.Do you ever actually read over your posts before pressing "submit"?

Stuttgart88
11/08/2020, 10:47 AM
My first reaction to WBA & Duffy is, yeah, that could work.

tetsujin1979
11/08/2020, 10:54 AM
Ireland is a small country, the overwhelming reality of which I adhere to will always seem negative, thats just the way it is. We will have more negativity than positivity in footballing terms. I'm just here to ground the whole thing really, because there's a bit of hyperactivity like naughty teenage schoolgirls on here quite often.Do you ever actually read over your posts before pressing "submit"?

This sentence is six words too long.

Diggs246
11/08/2020, 11:04 AM
Do you ever actually read over your posts before pressing "submit"?

I would prefer if he went to West ham, he gets to stay in and around London and Dara O shea gets a better chance of playing for brom next season

DCWA
11/08/2020, 6:48 PM
Season long loan to Celtic...

Diggs246
11/08/2020, 8:06 PM
No please. The spl is a lower standard then the championship

seanfhear
11/08/2020, 8:55 PM
Season long loan to Celtic...
For Celtic’s 10 in a row bid and along way away from Jordon ! ! !

dynamo kerry
11/08/2020, 9:40 PM
For Celtic’s 10 in a row bid and along way away from Jordon ! ! !
Is there any truth to this or is it.all rumour. It would be a terrible move in footballing terms. Sure he could win a medal or two but **** it .. why not aim high in England. (Or abroad). Also a loan makes no sense..

seanfhear
11/08/2020, 10:14 PM
Probably just a rumour ! Sure isn’t he too young for Lennon :WINK:

DeLorean
12/08/2020, 7:47 AM
I'd have no issue with him going to Celtic, not that it's even on the table? It'd be nice to have a player coming into our squad who's actually used to winning regularly, he'd play at a higher level than he ever would with West Brom or West Ham (i.e. CL). Okay the SPL itself isn't great but has playing for Celtic ever harmed a player's ability to perform at international level? I think you could probably argue the opposite. We'll always have enough options slumming it out at the wrong end of the PL to turn to anyway.

ColourfulPeanut
12/08/2020, 7:50 AM
I'd have no issue with him going to Celtic, not that it's even on the table? It'd be nice to have a player coming into our squad who's actually used to winning regularly, he'd play at a higher level than he ever would with West Brom or West Ham (i.e. CL). Okay the SPL itself isn't great but has playing for Celtic ever harmed a player's ability to perform at international level? I think you could probably argue the opposite. We'll always have enough options slumming it out at the wrong end of the PL to turn to anyway.
Playing two CL qualifying games before getting knocked out and then smashing SPL teams for the year is not a higher level than the Premier League.

He's better than the SPL and playing in the Premier League every week is much better for his performance than playing for Celtic.

DeLorean
12/08/2020, 8:14 AM
Playing two CL qualifying games before getting knocked out and then smashing SPL teams for the year is not a higher level than the Premier League.

He's better than the SPL and playing in the Premier League every week is much better for his performance than playing for Celtic.

They qualify for the group stages fairly regularly, and even when they drop into the Europa League they often go on a decent run. They beat Lazio twice in that competition as recently as last season. We're talking about a player who's surplus to requirements at Brighton here.

The second part sounds right on paper, I'm just not sure it stands up to much scrutiny. Playing for Celtic didn't harm the international career of Mikael Lustig, to take a recent example of a not too dissimilar player performing for a comparable international side.

geysir
12/08/2020, 4:13 PM
Playing in the EPL is obviously a hgher standard than the SPL, i.e. if he gets regular EPL first team football, otherwise there's a good case for SPL and the 16 or so european competitive games.

Celtic are in need of a centre half like Shane who will not be bullied, but such a move isn't on the table is it?

Charlie Darwin
13/08/2020, 12:30 AM
My first reaction to WBA & Duffy is, yeah, that could work.
My first reaction to West Ham & Duffy is thank god WBA are in because otherwise Peamount United under 8s would be a less doomed proposition.

DeLorean
13/08/2020, 10:28 AM
Talk of a loan move to Celtic alright this morning. Originated in the Daily Mail though I think so won't bother linking.

John83
13/08/2020, 6:42 PM
Talk of a loan move to Celtic alright this morning. Originated in the Daily Mail though I think so won't bother linking.
The thanks is for not linking the Daily Hate.

DeLorean
31/08/2020, 12:48 PM
Celtic make their move - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/12060375/shane-duffy-celtic-make-loan-bid-for-brighton-defender

Philly
31/08/2020, 1:41 PM
Really poor move if true considering they're already out of the Champions League.

irishfan86
31/08/2020, 1:46 PM
I think we'd all like to see him play at a higher level than the SPL.

But from Duffy's perspective, he's 28, has no trophies to show for it, and maybe he thinks going to Celtic could be the best chance of silverware he'll ever get. Hopefully Europa League involvement too.

Diggs246
31/08/2020, 2:07 PM
He will regret his decision within two months, he will be away to Ross county or the like and realize that the same day Brighton are away to Man utd or the like and think... ok f**k

nigel-harps1954
31/08/2020, 2:28 PM
If they fail to qualify for the Europa League it'll be an even worse move.

Can understand someone wanting a bit of silverware, but this is a disastrous move for his Ireland ambitions. Egan and Clark playing regularly in the Premier League will put him down the pecking order surely.