PDA

View Full Version : TV/Online coverage of Italy game

Pages : [1] 2 3

the-blue-harp
24/03/2009, 12:27 PM
sorry to start a whole new thread, but i couldnt see where else to post it, ill be in falkirk, scotland next wednesday for the ireland italy match, im pretty sure scotland are playing iceland or somebody on wednesday night as well, so the pubs will be showing that no doubt. Where could i watch it online? I dont think sky are covering it and they wont have rte in scotland, really dont want to miss this match.:(

bwagner
24/03/2009, 1:40 PM
im gona be bloody stuff in the ******* of france :O(

strangeirish
24/03/2009, 2:27 PM
Keep an eye on this (http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?&competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football&allowedDays=7&p=2)

A few of us will be around Saturday, so hopefully we can find some feeds to the game and post them up for the exiles.

DotTV
24/03/2009, 5:32 PM
Some times the free streams are ****e. You'll probably be able to buy it on pay per view on setanta.com for around a tenner.
Otherwise check the link above, www.justin.tv, www.channelsurfing.net or rte always has live radio commentary if you're stuck.
if you don't see something on justin keep an eye on the chat rooms as people post links throughout game. This is probably the biggest game that night so should be lots of streams

the-blue-harp
24/03/2009, 9:25 PM
hopefully i'll get it somewhere!! not to be missed. i'll keep an eye on here that night anyway.

punkrocket
25/03/2009, 9:59 AM
Slighlty off topic, I'd like to add a request about online coverage of the Bulgaria match. Like a fool when I heard the rumours that the Italian match was going to be in the north I booked a weeks holiday and return flight to Milan on Saturday (doh!) its a good job that easyjet do internal flights to Bari, you could hardly get further away from Milan. Does anyone known of any decent Irish bars in Milan that I'm likely to get the Bulgaria game in?

Superhoops
25/03/2009, 10:28 AM
Slighlty off topic, I'd like to add a request about online coverage of the Bulgaria match. Like a fool when I heard the rumours that the Italian match was going to be in the north I booked a weeks holiday and return flight to Milan on Saturday (doh!) its a good job that easyjet do internal flights to Bari, you could hardly get further away from Milan. Does anyone known of any decent Irish bars in Milan that I'm likely to get the Bulgaria game in?

Pogue Mahone's near the Porta Romana Metro Station definitely has SKY. Have seen EPL game there.

shakermaker1982
25/03/2009, 11:50 AM
Setanta are screening the Italian game over in the UK. I'm sure if you find an Irish pub they'll have that on.

fergalr
25/03/2009, 12:38 PM
What time is kick-off for this?

Delbertt
25/03/2009, 1:17 PM
Setanta are screening the Italian game over in the UK. I'm sure if you find an Irish pub they'll have that on.

Is setanta definitely showing the Italy game? i cant see it on the listings, i see there showing the Bulgaria v Cyprus at 4 on setanta ireland

Curtains
25/03/2009, 1:40 PM

It definately isnt listed. Its strange no uk station has looked to show this game in the UK. Channel 5 showed the georgia away game and a few years ago BBC2 showed the away game with france. Maybe Italy are charging too much for the rights and it not worth paying for it!!! Anyone know any good puibs in edinburgh to watch this game if its on?????

Sligo Hornet
25/03/2009, 2:23 PM
It definately isnt listed. Its strange no uk station has looked to show this game in the UK. Channel 5 showed the georgia away game and a few years ago BBC2 showed the away game with france. Maybe Italy are charging too much for the rights and it not worth paying for it!!! Anyone know any good puibs in edinburgh to watch this game if its on?????

????.......What part of Italy is that?:eek:

shakermaker1982
25/03/2009, 2:30 PM
I was sure setanta had bagged the rights for all Ireland away fixtures. I'm going to be really ****** off if this game isn't screened over in the UK.

tetsujin1979
25/03/2009, 2:48 PM
I was sure setanta had bagged the rights for all Ireland away fixtures. I'm going to be really ****** off if this game isn't screened over in the UK.
I thought so too, but according to this - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a80647/setanta-secures-world-cup-qualifiers.html?rss - the Italy game is the only game they don't have the rights to??

Delbertt
25/03/2009, 2:54 PM
Is RTE showing it?

Curtains
25/03/2009, 3:35 PM
????.......What part of Italy is that?:eek:

We had planned to go to italy but in the end it didnt work out so with the time booked off we booked a few days in edinburgh. Frikin wish we didnt with the match not going to be on by the looks of it!! But wer booked on for bulgaria so ill get the drink in there!!! Well be in the big tree on sat if your about also!! :D

Curtains
25/03/2009, 3:36 PM
Is RTE showing it?

Yeh RTE are definately showing it, theyv advertised for it already. Looks like its live streaming for the rest of us. :mad:

davey
25/03/2009, 8:59 PM
Can't believe this game isn't on in the UK :mad: There is a small chance that someone will come in at the last minute to show it. I remember the first game of Stans reign in Germany was shown on BBC3 at the last minute. Heres hoping themselves or Channel 5 will step into the breach - no idea why setanta aren't showing it

loscherland
26/03/2009, 12:48 AM
For anyone in Australia... ESPN had advertised that they were showing the Bulgaria game... but turns out that they're only showing a recording of it - eh 15 HOURS later @ midnight on Sunday night. Disaster.
In saying that, i've seen their schedule change vs what's scheduled online.
They're showin Montenegro Italy live in the morning.
Not sure what the story is with the Italy game, but i'm not too confident of anyone showing it as nobody's advertising it yet... absolute nightmare :(

shakermaker1982
26/03/2009, 6:40 AM
Can't believe this game isn't on in the UK :mad: There is a small chance that someone will come in at the last minute to show it. I remember the first game of Stans reign in Germany was shown on BBC3 at the last minute. Heres hoping themselves or Channel 5 will step into the breach - no idea why setanta aren't showing it

I'm going to start bombarding tv stations with emails before I catch the flight home this afternoon. Like you say BBC3 or Channel 5 are our best bet. Setanta will be cancelled if they are not careful!

Sligo Hornet
26/03/2009, 6:54 AM
Yeh RTE are definately showing it, theyv advertised for it already. Looks like its live streaming for the rest of us. :mad:

There are a couple of Irish Pubs in the Haymarket, Edinburgh....they might have RTE!:)

Crosby87
26/03/2009, 10:37 AM
Sky Sports 2 here, so i guess its not setanta here either? wonder if bars get sky 2.

punkrocket
26/03/2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for that superhoops. I'm new at this and cant work out the quote box.

Manc Irish Wolf
26/03/2009, 12:48 PM
Seriously can't believe that this game hasn't been snapped up (if it's not bad enough the Italians making it impossble to get to, it now appears that it's impossible to watch).

If anyone knows of any pubs in the North West. Yorkshire or even the Midlands which shows RTE I'd be eternally grateful if you could let me know.

Failing that, any websites which might be showing it?

Absolutely wounded about this. Hopefully one of the TV Channels will see sense.

strangeirish
26/03/2009, 1:48 PM
Keep an eye on this (http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?&competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football&allowedDays=7&p=2)

A few of us will be around Saturday, so hopefully we can find some feeds to the game and post them up for the exiles.

Some times the free streams are ****e. You'll probably be able to buy it on pay per view on setanta.com for around a tenner.
Otherwise check the link above, www.justin.tv (http://www.justin.tv), www.channelsurfing.net (http://www.channelsurfing.net) or rte always has live radio commentary if you're stuck.
if you don't see something on justin keep an eye on the chat rooms as people post links throughout game. This is probably the biggest game that night so should be lots of streams

Failing that, any websites which might be showing it?

Maybe.

ainsie
26/03/2009, 5:37 PM
This site has never let me down for any football. Its showing Ireland Bulgaria , under 21 V Spain and should show the italy match

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/

You click on a link. They ask you to download a viewer (you might have it already ) and away you go. Has all English matches every Sat

endabob1
27/03/2009, 6:42 AM
For those of you in Africa, ESPN have delayed coverage of the Bulgaria game & Supersport are carrying the Italy game live.

joe_barry80
27/03/2009, 6:59 AM

Try www.liveonsat.com a channel called sport italia 24 are showing it

Junior
27/03/2009, 9:07 AM
Lads any idea for watching the Italy game in Cologne? Just had a last minute meeting arranged and will now be there on Weds....aggghhhhhhh

Cheers in advance!

strangeirish
28/03/2009, 6:12 PM
Nice one here (http://sportinglory.webs.com/), courtesy of Boo Boy.

gypsydownunder
28/03/2009, 6:58 PM
Bulgaria game is currently on live here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aloush1

Tipp Townie
28/03/2009, 7:07 PM
Nice one here (http://sportinglory.webs.com/), courtesy of Boo Boy.

Top man. This has sorted me right out

Tipp Townie
28/03/2009, 7:51 PM
Now its fecked. Can't find the game anywhere..... Help!

strangeirish
28/03/2009, 7:56 PM
Now its fecked. Can't find the game anywhere..... Help!
http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch3.html
Dodgy, but working.

SilkCut
30/03/2009, 4:47 AM
For anyone in Australia... ESPN had advertised that they were showing the Bulgaria game... but turns out that they're only showing a recording of it - eh 15 HOURS later @ midnight on Sunday night. Disaster.
In saying that, i've seen their schedule change vs what's scheduled online.
They're showin Montenegro Italy live in the morning.
Not sure what the story is with the Italy game, but i'm not too confident of anyone showing it as nobody's advertising it yet... absolute nightmare :(

SBS are showing the Italy game live. At least in Melbourne.

SilkCut
30/03/2009, 4:58 AM
Just checked, 05:30 Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania, 05:00 Adelaide and Perth.

dynamo kerry
30/03/2009, 10:36 AM
Any ideas on who is showing the Ireland game in the UK. Can't find it on sky or setanta or even channel 5.

slightly worried.

Stuttgart88
30/03/2009, 10:51 AM
Many Irish pubs have RTE, so surely there are Irish pubs in Edinburgh / Glasgow that'll be showing it.

Dodge
30/03/2009, 10:52 AM
Doesn't look like anyone is carrying it in the UK (http://liveonsat.com/daily.php?start_dd=01&start_mm=04&start_yyyy=2009&end_dd=01&end_mm=04&end_yyyy=2009)

dynamo kerry
30/03/2009, 10:59 AM
cheers lads

alas stutts there exists a nasty habit in edinburgh for irish bars to end up showing the scotland game when they are both on.

to my knowledge there's no irish bar in edinburgh that has rte. I am aware of one that has tv3 mind you.

dodge - that was my suspicion.

I'd rather not watch it on the laptop on an iffy feed but if needs must etc

Hibs4Ever
30/03/2009, 11:01 AM
Finnegans Wake in Grassmarket has RTE for definite. I think Biddy Mulligans does too

dynamo kerry
30/03/2009, 11:03 AM
finnegans nearly burned down at xmas and has been closed since.

didn't know about biddys. I shall check.

Colmcc
30/03/2009, 11:04 AM
I'd say it'll not be blocked on RTE in the UK, the reason being is that any game RTE show that is shown on Sky or Setanta they blank it out, on this instance it isn't the case therefore I think it'll be on, RTE is on UK Sky channel 161 & 162

dynamo kerry
30/03/2009, 11:06 AM
biddy mulligans are "considering it"

If I call back later I'll know for sure. Hopefully that will do it.

I didn't know that about RTE on Sky. Thanks everyone.

shakermaker1982
30/03/2009, 11:33 AM
where do you live Colmcc? I don't have RTE on my sky box. Does anybody know if there is any way of tuning the frequency to pick it up?

FarBeag
30/03/2009, 12:10 PM
No not unless you have an irish Sky card.

Junior
30/03/2009, 12:29 PM
RTE is not on SKY in the UK...unless things have change very recently?....Channels 161 nd 162 are not on the list of channels. I went to a bit of trouble to a get an Irish Sky viewing card last year, which now works but RTE is blocked from transmission for UK based viewing cards...to my knowledge at least.

magnumpi
30/03/2009, 1:14 PM
i know someone who lives in england and has irish sky. there are two ways, one legal, the other not so, of getting it. there's a company that'll organise it for you, but fraid this won't be in time for wednesdays match.

wooman
30/03/2009, 1:59 PM
any bars in London?

Junior
30/03/2009, 2:18 PM
i know someone who lives in england and has irish sky. there are two ways, one legal, the other not so, of getting it. there's a company that'll organise it for you, but fraid this won't be in time for wednesdays match.

Thats what I did....and technically I doubt that its legal.......