PDA

View Full Version : Former LOI players abroad

Pages : [1] 2

sligoman
26/01/2009, 7:29 PM
I know there's a thread on this somewhere, can't find it. Mods if ya do, please merge.

Keith Gilroy (ex-Rovers), Brendan McGill (ex-Bohs) and Mark Boyd (ex-Rovers) all playing in the Burton Albion Vs. Barrow game on Setanta now.

The Lilywhites
26/01/2009, 7:43 PM
James Chambers (ex-Shels, now Solihull Moors) :)

ifk101
26/01/2009, 8:12 PM
I know there's a thread on this somewhere, can't find it. Mods if ya do, please merge.

Keith Gilroy (ex-Rovers), Brendan McGill (ex-Bohs) and Mark Boyd (ex-Rovers) all playing in the Burton Albion Vs. Barrow game on Setanta now.

John McGrath as well (played with Limerick a few years back?).

Black and White
26/01/2009, 8:29 PM
Simon Webb playing in Brazil now!!lol

Town Legend
26/01/2009, 9:31 PM
Dave Savage, Dave Mooney, Sean Dillon and Graham Gartland all former Town players playing in England and Scotland.

Not sure if Sav is still playing but he was up until last season!!

Martinho II
27/01/2009, 7:16 PM
ex town player paul keegan now at scottish club dumbarton.. i think dave savage is at brackley town..

Town Legend
27/01/2009, 7:24 PM
How could I forget about Keego, his one and only goal for de Town in his first season just happened to be the winner in the Cup Final!!!! Ah the memories :o

Iorfa2MaccaJim
27/01/2009, 7:25 PM
One of the best Blues players I've ever seen is currently playing in
The Premiership, Daryl Murphy.

CLASS PLAYER

Martinho II
27/01/2009, 7:29 PM
How could I forget about Keego, his one and only goal for de Town in his first season just happened to be the winner in the Cup Final!!!! Ah the memories :o

sorry you mean two goals..

he got his first goal in the cup final and scored his second in the last game of the season against drogheda utd..

Town Legend
27/01/2009, 7:56 PM
Was that game against Drogheda after the cup final?

Martinho II
28/01/2009, 6:13 PM
Was that game against Drogheda after the cup final?

it was indeed town legend.. the game was originally postponed and was played on the monday if i remember correctly,,,

Mad Moose
28/01/2009, 6:42 PM
Wes Hoolahan is at Norwich City now.
Kevin Doyle of course with Reading
Stephen Ward is still flying along the wing at Wolves
Did Alan or Stephen Quinn at Sheffield Utd play for St Pats?
Richie Foran went to Southend. He was there this season as I went to see them in the cup at Telford.He didn't play though.
Michael Reddy is probably still fishing for goals about Grimsby. I'm sure he played in the League of Ireland before leaving.
Jonathon Douglas at Leeds Utd ('One time self professed big club now fading away in obscurity much to the enjoyment of football fans worldwide' Source. Anon ) played for Monaghan Utd.
John O Flynn is at Barnet and regularly among the goals.

And one for Finn Harps and the other LoI club a little up the road. Gordon Simms. He's about at Hednesford Town though I heard mention of another, much lesser known club again that he signed for.

Where is David Forde these days. He moved to Cardiff City didn't he.

On Burton Albion Saul Deeney is another of the Irish there but I presume he didn't play for his native Derry City. Certainly not at senior level as far as I know.

Town Legend
28/01/2009, 6:43 PM
Ah thats why I said his only goal then!!! Cos I remember going up to the Cup Final on the bus and they had a pool on who'd score the first Town goal. So for the craic and to give him some confidence I said Keegan in the 88th minute!!! Damn Kirby anyways I would of won E200 :D

sligoman
28/01/2009, 9:08 PM
Wes Hoolahan is at Norwich City now.Scored a great goal for them yesterday.

KBurke
28/01/2009, 9:20 PM
Where is David Forde these days. He moved to Cardiff City didn't he.

On Burton Albion Saul Deeney is another of the Irish there but I presume he didn't play for his native Derry City. Certainly not at senior level as far as I know.

He's at Millwall and according to Soccer Am is in the top ten of keepers clean sheets to games played ratio

Réiteoir
28/01/2009, 11:27 PM
Tony Hopper is turning out for Workington in the Conference North

Fergal Harkin is currently playing for Northern Counties League side Dunston Federation

And Worcester City currently have the ex-U20 International Graham Ward on the books - playing well this season

Blue Man
29/01/2009, 10:57 AM
Michael Reddy is probably still fishing for goals about Grimsby. I'm sure he played in the League of Ireland before leaving.

Hes now playing for Port Stanley Albion in the Falkland Islands!!

razor
29/01/2009, 11:00 AM
Darren Murphy opened his account for Stevenage the other night.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7847971.stm

Dave Mooney back at Reading with an injury
Roy O'Donovan barely got the hour for Blackpool.
Alan Bennett playing regularly for Brentford.

George is still with Tranmere Reserves.

Rocky77
29/01/2009, 11:14 AM
Danny Spiller (now Millwall) and Richard Rose (now Hereford United) both spent a portion of the 01/02 season with Longford on loan from Gillingham.

No mention of the Flansiro on Spiller's website though :o

http://www.dannyspiller.com/

Longfordian
29/01/2009, 11:30 AM
Spiller was a class act in his few games. I remember Martin Lawlor severely annoying Gillingham by ringing them every day trying to get him back.

gufct
29/01/2009, 6:06 PM
Damien Delaney is at QPR smashing bloke.

Martinho II
29/01/2009, 7:20 PM
Spiller was a class act in his few games. I remember Martin Lawlor severely annoying Gillingham by ringing them every day trying to get him back.

that explains why i havent heard of spillerover the last few years.. anyone remember his only goal against dundalk?

Black and White
29/01/2009, 7:26 PM
Gary Dicker(UCD) and Leon McSweeney(Cork) are doing well with Stockport in League 1!Peter Murphy(Irish international) with Carlisle too!Didnt Barry Conlon(Bradford) play in LOI??

Longfordian
29/01/2009, 9:09 PM
that explains why i havent heard of spillerover the last few years.. anyone remember his only goal against dundalk?

Yeah Dundalk at home, outside of the right boot effort. Missed a penalty after that which would have made it 2-3 I think. Still, we had the last laugh that year.

Louth4sam
29/01/2009, 9:16 PM
Still, we had the last laugh that year.

Tell me about it, took seven years before we could laugh again.

Black and White
29/01/2009, 9:41 PM
Colin Hawkins is playing with Brighton.

Town Legend
30/01/2009, 6:23 AM
Dave Savage plays for Oxford City. He transferred to them from Brackley Town in October.

CMcC
30/01/2009, 2:16 PM
Is Gareth O'Connor (Bohs & Shamrock Rovers) still playing with Bournemouth or Burnley or someone?

Martinho II
30/01/2009, 7:58 PM
Dave Savage plays for Oxford City. He transferred to them from Brackley Town in October.

didnt know that dave had moved... what division are they???:confused:

Martinho II
30/01/2009, 7:59 PM
Yeah Dundalk at home, outside of the right boot effort. Missed a penalty after that which would have made it 2-3 I think. Still, we had the last laugh that year.

dont remember longfordian spiller missin the penalty at all..:(

Longfordian
30/01/2009, 8:27 PM
You've a few more years brain cells killed than me Martinho!. He definitely missed a penalty at 1-3, he'd been our best player so stepped up and saw the keeper save it.

Town Legend
30/01/2009, 9:10 PM
Yeah remembering Spiller missing the penalty, was behind the goals for it and all. In fairness it was a good penalty to the keepers right but the keeper made a great save.

Oxford City are in the same division as Brackley, British Gas Business League Premier Division!!! Think it used to be the Southern Conference or something like that. There currently in 12th spot and Brackley are 3 places ahead in 9th.

Black and White
30/01/2009, 9:13 PM
Is Gareth O'Connor (Bohs & Shamrock Rovers) still playing with Bournemouth or Burnley or someone?
Nope Luton released him before xmas and hes in negotiations with us!

Town Legend
31/01/2009, 3:01 PM
Spiller is with Millwall now although he's only played 9 games since he joined them in July of 2007. Apparently he was out of the game for 12 months with a hernia and made a comeback and it flared up again.

He was a great player when he was with us, one of the most skilful to of played for us imo.

And do yiz remember Richard Rose who came over with Spiller? He's playing with Hereford United at the moment.

Réiteoir
31/01/2009, 3:28 PM
Kevin McHugh has just scored for Linfield at Glenavon in the JJB Premiership

holidaysong
31/01/2009, 4:10 PM
didnt know that dave had moved... what division are they???:confused:

Blue Square Premier

Kevin McHugh has just scored for Linfield at Glenavon in the JJB Premiership

Rounded the goalkeeper and took it well.

Eoingull
01/02/2009, 11:05 PM
I popped along to Hillsborough yesterday to watch Sheffield Wednesday play Birmingham...Keith Fahey came on as a sub with 17 minutes to go...I thought he did quite well, and played a big part in the equalising goal.
Another former LOI player, Darren Kelly, plays for my local team, York City. He's struggled to hold down a place, and the fans haven't really taken to him. To the best of my knowledge, Kelly was the first player in years that they actually paid a transfer fee for, and I think expectations were quite high.

corkboy360
01/02/2009, 11:08 PM
Pat Dolan is with setanta

Réiteoir
02/02/2009, 11:22 AM
Blue Square Premier

That's Oxford United - Oxford City are in the British Gas Business League Premier Division

holidaysong
02/02/2009, 11:43 AM
That's Oxford United - Oxford City are in the British Gas Business League Premier Division

Apologies. :o

holidaysong
07/02/2009, 3:29 PM
Paddy McCourt has come on as a sub for Celtic in their Scottish Cup match today.

Martinho II
07/02/2009, 6:17 PM
Paddy McCourt has come on as a sub for Celtic in their Scottish Cup match today.

has niall mcginn made an appearance for celtic yet??

sligoman
29/08/2009, 2:50 PM
Conor Sammon (ex-UCD & Derry) on the score-sheet for Kilmarnock today.

Martinho II
29/08/2009, 4:23 PM
I see in one of the papers that Keith Gilroy is in the football league with Burton Albion this season..

gustavo
25/09/2009, 11:06 AM
Nice goal for McCourt during week

http://i35.tinypic.com/15fq9ep.gif

GlasnevinRed
25/09/2009, 11:17 AM
Darren Forsyth ex Shels, UCD and Bray(?) with Gateshead.

L.T.F.C.
25/09/2009, 11:41 AM
ex town player paul keegan now at scottish club dumbarton.. i think dave savage is at brackley town..
paul keegan was probably one of the worst players we've ever had... him and dean barrett.

Rovers1
25/09/2009, 11:44 AM
I see in one of the papers that Keith Gilroy is in the football league with Burton Albion this season..

I'm pretty sure he's been with them for a good few seasons Marty.

PartySaint
25/09/2009, 11:52 AM
Dessie Byrne is currently playing for Hemel Hempstead

Mad Moose
25/09/2009, 11:59 AM
I'm pretty sure he's been with them for a good few seasons Marty.

Correct. I've watched him in the Conference League in Burton Albion's romotion winning season and he's still hogging the wings. Liked the look of Keith.