PDA

View Full Version : The worst RTE show ever?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bennocelt
10/12/2008, 6:07 PM
Colm and Jim Jim's home run?
I mean, really? What are RTE doing.
Man that fella is ugly, and they have absolutely no sense of humour - good to see RTE are cutting back in times of need

http://www.rte.ie/tv/homerun/

Lionel Ritchie
10/12/2008, 6:19 PM
Yer man looks like a younger fatter Holly Johnson.:D

centre mid
10/12/2008, 6:43 PM
God damn awful is the only way to describe this monstrosity. I think part of the deal to get them from 98fm was to give them a tv gig aswell. Hopefully its not long for this world.

sligoman
10/12/2008, 7:05 PM
Terrible show alright.

strangeirish
10/12/2008, 7:10 PM
Bring back Bunny Carr and Quicksilver. Stop the lights!

the 12 th man
10/12/2008, 9:11 PM
Absolutely dire,destined to be remembered as a complete turkey:o,all the false excitement by the hosts/audience.

Red&White Rover
10/12/2008, 9:25 PM
Yeah. It's so fake even for a TV show.

But I find the format stupid and as far as I can see, the webcammers are retarded.

BohsPartisan
10/12/2008, 10:30 PM
Haven't seen it but can it possibly be worse than Legend? Or The Roaring Twenties?

pete
10/12/2008, 10:39 PM
There seems to be a reason these guys are on the radio. Never listened to them on any channel but Jim Jim is a name for a 2 year old. :eek:

jebus
10/12/2008, 11:17 PM
Isn't J1 on air as we speak?

Longfordian
11/12/2008, 1:26 AM
Can't be worse than Catherine Lynch or whatever her name is. That one makes terminal illness look funny. I know she's been mentioned on here before but I only had the privilege of seeing her in action recently.

stann
11/12/2008, 7:36 AM
It's in with a shout as a) it's truly, truly awful, and b) it's hosted by the two worst people the world has ever seen.
Up against some stiff competition though - Upwardly Mobile, J1 Summer, anything Katherine Lynch has done, that f**kwittery with the van at WC2006...

tiktok
11/12/2008, 8:24 AM
RTE gave them a TV show?
Jesus Wept.

anto1208
11/12/2008, 8:52 AM
A bad show on RTE with their track record thats very surprising.

pete
11/12/2008, 10:26 AM
Can't be worse than Catherine Lynch or whatever her name is. That one makes terminal illness look funny. I know she's been mentioned on here before but I only had the privilege of seeing her in action recently.

Saw that last year & would be lying if I said I was surprised RTE gave her another show this year.

RTE secret of failure is to find a good presenter or say comedian (on the Panel) & then to create new shows around them which they are clearly unsuited to. Pat Kenny moving from current affairs to light entertainment is good example.

Newryrep
11/12/2008, 11:06 AM

Seconded, although it iis nearly so bad its good, if you get my drift

gaiscíoch
11/12/2008, 12:16 PM
That home run thing is rubbish I cant stand the two of them they aren't even funny. Complete tripe radio show is crap aswell.

Katherine Tate: Is this show for real. I mean do people actually watch this? Seen your one on The Cafe a few weeks ago and she is just an idiot it's not even funny.

Fair City: Worst acting I have ever seen in my life worse even than "Banzai". Need I say anymore?

Those game show gems on a saturday evening? A lorry load of old woman struggling to understand the games worse still Derek Mooney presenting all this....

pineapple stu
11/12/2008, 12:17 PM
Fair City: Worst acting I have ever seen in my life worse even than "Banzai". Need I say anymore?
Shock horror as acting in a soap is rubbish.

Surprised Prime Time hasn't been mentioned yet.

Lionel Ritchie
11/12/2008, 12:30 PM
Katherine Tate: Is this show for real. I mean do people actually watch this? Seen your one on The Cafe a few weeks ago and she is just an idiot it's not even funny.... I'm not renowned as a champion of our long suffering ethnic gypsy population -and I find her traveller woman sketches are up there with Josef Goebbels' Juden cartoons.

How this **** ever got out of an AmDram class and onto a tv screen I'll never know.

Newryrep
11/12/2008, 12:56 PM
Katherine Tate: Is this show for real. I mean do people actually watch this? Seen your one on The Cafe a few weeks ago and she is just an idiot it's not even funny.

Do you not mean Catherine Lynch although the other one is almost as unfunny

Wolfie
11/12/2008, 1:02 PM
Damian Corless jogs the memory as to the true depth of woefullness RTE has inflicted on the population for a concerted period of time without mercy.

http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/features/the-worst-irish-tv-shows-ever-75727.html

Noelys Guitar
11/12/2008, 2:04 PM
Anyone remember Eamon High? Mid 70's RTE attempt at a music show. Quite simply the worst programme ever shown on TV.

Bluebeard
11/12/2008, 2:36 PM
It's big, it's bright and it's brash

Yeah right. Cannot wait to be back in Ireland at Christmas so I can make sure to be in on a Sunday night at 6.30 to deliberately miss it.

Incidentally, I am delighted that Extra Extra made it onto that list of abominations. I have always felt that it never got credit enough. Indeed, for most of this century, I was beginning to think I'd dreamt it, because no-one I met ever admitted to having heard of it. Thank you Damian for backing me up on this. I would imagine someone remembered the glorious Hall's Pictorial Weekly abd said to himself "Oho, ready made market there!" and managed to botch all the worst parts of the original, and throw in several new and remarkably unfunny ideas too.

Neish
11/12/2008, 11:00 PM
Its not RTE but the BBC's Hole in the wall is just awful.

Lionel Ritchie
12/12/2008, 10:28 AM
Damian Corless jogs the memory as to the true depth of woefullness RTE has inflicted on the population for a concerted period of time without mercy.

http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/features/the-worst-irish-tv-shows-ever-75727.html

...…and it doesn’t even mention ‘Bittersweet’, ‘Bachelors Walk’ or ‘On Home Ground’

Pauro 76
12/12/2008, 12:59 PM
Its not RTE but the BBC's Hole in the wall is just awful.

That is indeed, the worst show I have seen on any channel. Prime time Saturday too. Awful stuff.

'Bring on the wall!'

No. Feck off Dale.

trevy
12/12/2008, 1:55 PM
What about the English class which was on rte 2 earlier this year? It was shocking. It was actually painful to watch for more than a few minutes. The main actor in it was so bad and annoying.

The Lilywhites
12/12/2008, 4:36 PM
Unsurprisingly, he was previously in Fair City.

This Home Run crap really takes the biscuit though.

TonyD
12/12/2008, 8:03 PM
"Leave It To Mrs O'Brien."

I win.

Rovers fan
14/12/2008, 12:28 AM
‘On Home Ground’

:eek::eek: On home ground was brilliant.

Sheridan
14/12/2008, 12:53 AM
The Big Bow Wow hasn't been mentioned yet.

osarusan
14/12/2008, 1:21 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Andrew Maxwell is hopeless?

Bluebeard
14/12/2008, 8:01 AM
Am I the only one who thinks A***** M****** is hopeless?

I think it was agreed in an earlier episode that mentioning that name is an instant banning offence...

stann
14/12/2008, 11:46 AM
"Leave It To Mrs O'Brien."

I win.

If you were on QI the sirens would be going off as we speak! :D

LITMOB has become merely a cliché for bad telly since, left in the ha'penny place by the sh!te that followed. Bad and all as it was (and it really, really was, don't get me wrong), it's a Sopranos or a Curb Your Enthusiasm in comparison to some of the later shows mentioned above.

Boh_So_Good
14/12/2008, 12:07 PM
Throw away your TV. Honest, there is no reason to tolerate than pointless corporate and governmental propaganda machine any longer.

Between your basic Sky Digital Package and not paying the RTE Tax you'll save around 500 Euro a year. No brainer really when you honestly sit down and think about he madness of funding the X Factor and George Lee.

BohsPartisan
14/12/2008, 12:34 PM
The Big Bow Wow hasn't been mentioned yet.

Yeah what the hell was that all about?

Bluebeard
14/12/2008, 1:28 PM
Should threads on RTE really be lodged in TV & Film? I mean to say, this sub-fora comes under Entertainment.

foxx92
14/12/2008, 1:42 PM
The worst thing about all the shows mentioned is they all get better audiences than MNS!:(

NeilMcD
14/12/2008, 2:00 PM
Just goes to show most women are stupid. :)

bennocelt
15/12/2008, 11:50 AM
Just goes to show most women are stupid.

:):)
yeah went shopping with the missus yesterday in city centre - nightmare - was thinking thats the reason women (real woman - thatcher/harney dont count) dont really go into politics - cant bloody decide between a red bracelet or blue one and take 40 minutes to come up with the answer - and then change mind repeatedly:(

Roadend
17/12/2008, 2:03 PM
I don;t know if anyone remembers but there was an RTE "comedy" back in the early 90's set in a newspaper office, I think it was called extra extra or something. The editor kept dreaming about this rabbit character. It was without doubt the worst programme they have ever made.

the 12 th man
17/12/2008, 8:41 PM
I don;t know if anyone remembers but there was an RTE "comedy" back in the early 90's set in a newspaper office, I think it was called extra extra or something. The editor kept dreaming about this rabbit character. It was without doubt the worst programme they have ever made.

I remember that progamme alright and it was terrible but considering the amount of years that have passed and the advances made in quiz shows,TV cameras etc,Colm & Jim Jim's Home Run leave it for dust in the worst ever catagory:)

celticV3
17/12/2008, 8:51 PM
It still not as bad as that prograam that was about some gobsh!te teaching foreigners english. That was muck and the poorest attempt at a "the office" style rip off ever!!

Lionel Ritchie
17/12/2008, 9:55 PM
:eek::eek: On home ground was brilliant.

If Father Ted had gotten to do a Dream Team sketch it'd have looked a lot like On Home Ground.

Thunderblaster
17/12/2008, 10:26 PM
Here are some outright puke productions:

Garda Patrol

Mart and Market

Live at Three

Bosco

Folio

Anything to do with Bunny Carr

A Country Practice (Australian)

Winning Streak.

One can dig up an archive that would be so vomit inducing that the odours would knock a horse and force Mary Harney to declare a state of emergency in the health system!!:eek::D

osarusan
17/12/2008, 11:26 PM
Bosco

Hey, hey, let's not overreact now. Did you think that even when you were at the target age for the show?

Those shows where they actually showed the inside of Bosco's box were riveting.

kingdom hoop
17/12/2008, 11:51 PM
It was without doubt the worst programme they have ever made.

Without seeking to exculpate anyone deserving of a ball-flicking for crimes against culture, is there not a point to be made that RTÉ is not wholly divorced from all of us; that maybe the present discussion could alternatively be framed as the worst show we have ever made?

Now while I'm all for personal accountability, by the same token maybe that implies that we aren't 100% entitled to (dis)contentedly pontificate about or disassociate ourselves from the inflicted horrors, before ourselves embarking on a quest:

Can Foot.ie imagine concepts and programmes that might woo RTÉ?

It sounds like a good idea to my (albeit weary) brain and we've a good medium available for frank, interactive discourse. So then after we collectively indulge our creative tendencies and have a laugh for a few months we can have a poll to see if indeed RTÉ would run with Bluebeard's sitcom about five environmentalist friends living in a London apartment, Noby's home beer-making lessons, or Thunderblaster's behind-the-scenes documentary on tornado-chasing. :D

Slightly more seriously, it should be a bit of craic to see what we could come up with it. If no one else does it in the mean time I'll start a thread tomorrow if I get a chance.

osarusan
18/12/2008, 12:00 AM
Can Foot.ie imagine concepts and programmes that might woo RTÉ?

I'd watch monkey knife fights as Mr.A has suggested.

Newryrep
18/12/2008, 7:00 AM
Here are some outright puke productions:

A Country Practice (Australian)

One can dig up an archive that would be so vomit inducing that the odours would knock a horse and force Mary Harney to declare a state of emergency in the health system!!:eek::D

Surely you jest, A Country Practice was great lunchtime fare long before Neighbours was flavour of the month. You are going to tell me The Sullivans (1910s Austrialia was also rubbish too ?

Roadend
18/12/2008, 8:50 AM
I remember that progamme alright and it was terrible but considering the amount of years that have passed and the advances made in quiz shows,TV cameras etc,Colm & Jim Jim's Home Run leave it for dust in the worst ever catagory:)

Come to think of it, Jason Byrne's short lived series was horrendous.