PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 2-1 Shamrock

Pages : [1] 2

sligoman
01/11/2008, 9:50 PM
Pure class:D Raff Cretaro=Legend!

Cork trip is going to be crazy, hopefully they'll drop points mid-week to Pat's:).

Inside Man
01/11/2008, 9:57 PM
Brilliant result. Fair play to the lads singing who created one hell of an atmosphere. Good crowd too which is nice to see.
I can't see us getting anything down in Cork. Very hard place to go and they'll be up for it.
Its the first time i can say we were lucky this season.:D
I'll be smiling the whole way back to dublin tonight.:D

sligoman
01/11/2008, 10:09 PM
After being hit in the face and denied a free kick, Rommy did this (http://www.foxsports.com.au/common/imagedata/0,5001,5395206,00.jpg) to the Shams fans:p. One woman then shouted "Deportation" at him:rolleyes:, musn't realise he's actually French.

MMVIII
01/11/2008, 10:10 PM
Brilliant atmosphere tonight, best all season imo. Cant wait for cork now. Although its a very tough place to go to i would love to see us get something out of it. Europe is getting ever closer now! :D

Rovers fan
01/11/2008, 10:41 PM
What a game and we got a bit of luck,that's a rare thing this season!!

Firstly i must say shams were great tonight,crawford has them playing very good football and they were extremely unlucky. But we have been in that position so many times this season(including our away league game against shams) so its about feckin time! Their goal woke us up. Once we went ahead we were way to deep.

It's also great to get a win like that in front of a big crowd,hopefully a few of them will come back.

Can't wait for cork next week!

Oh and what and atmosphere tonight,twas great. Big away crowd too considering they have very little to play for.

showgies
01/11/2008, 11:03 PM
Is Ndo on loan with Shams? He would be a real good buy if we could snap him up. Himself and Boco would destroy teams.

Brush pulled off some great saves that kept us in the game tonight. We looked fairly shaky in defence, which was to be expected considering we had two midfilders in there.

At last we get a win when it probably wasn't merited. But, hey I'll take two more off them please.

Rovers fan
01/11/2008, 11:11 PM
Is Ndo on loan with Shams? He would be a real good buy if we could snap him up.

Ya,he's on loan from pats. Don't think we could afford him tbh,I'd imagine he would be on big wages. It would be great though!

sligofan4ever
01/11/2008, 11:26 PM
Defensively we werent great, go's to show just how we would play without Gavin Peers. We were poor going forward tonight, Feeney was a disgrace would've liked to have seen Paul McTiernan, but Europe draws closer :). Doe's anyone know what happened Cashie ? I didnt see what happened him. In regards to signing Joseph Ndo, it would be great to have him in the team but we would never be able to afford his wages.

Red&White Rover
01/11/2008, 11:39 PM
Feeney was a disgrace

Can't say something like that.:( Poor form. He wasn't super tonight granted, but still to call him a disgrace is...

I'm still buzzing after that match tonight...Really am...

srfc1928
02/11/2008, 12:17 AM
I'm still buzzing after that match tonight...Really am...

That was brillaint, I'm so happy after that.
thats why we follow Rovers,
thats why we go to watch real football.

red bellied
02/11/2008, 2:18 AM
Ndo is the best player in the league, brillant fotballer.

paudie
02/11/2008, 2:35 AM
Sounds like good craic at the Showgrounds tonight. Really going for Europe and Setanta.

when r ye playing Cork city?

sligoman
02/11/2008, 10:04 AM
Sounds like good craic at the Showgrounds tonight. Really going for Europe and Setanta.

when r ye playing Cork city?Next Friday. Don't think we can get Setanta now that Cork won the competition tonight but Europe is most definitely on, watch out;).

Terry
02/11/2008, 10:11 AM
I thought ye will now definitely be playing in europe with clubs who go into examinership banned from playing in european competitions for 3 years?

Red Star
02/11/2008, 10:13 AM
Quality stuff lads

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8567/frvsshamrock2qm1.png

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8356/smashemkf8rz9.png

Great result:ball:

sligoman
02/11/2008, 10:15 AM
clubs who go into examinership banned from playing in european competitions for 3 years?Nobody seems sure if that's the case as not sure if examinership here is classed as the same as administration in the UK. If it is then we will but if not, we'll have to finish 4th(providing Cork do get granted a European licence). We're better off aiming for 4th anyway just to guarantee we get it either way.

roversman
02/11/2008, 10:17 AM
Ndo is the best player in the league, brillant fotballer.

yes best player i have seen in the league this year. Pats must be kicking themselves for letting him go on loan

Rovers Maniac
02/11/2008, 10:57 AM
Superb result last night, Brush was Man of the match in my view and i thought Almeida was very good as well. In the second half we we started to play and we were much improved with Curran playing in midfield. Doherty took his peno really well and Cretaro likewise for his goal. Looking forward to the Cork big time now. Does 4th or 5th place get us into a setanta cup playoff with a nothern team?

Rovers1
02/11/2008, 2:21 PM
Ya,he's on loan from pats.

thought he was on loan from Bohs??:confused:

Rovers fan
02/11/2008, 2:24 PM
thought he was on loan from Bohs??:confused:

Nope,he joined pats a couple of years ago from shels.He never played for bohs.

sligoman
02/11/2008, 2:24 PM
thought he was on loan from Bohs??:confused:Didn't I warn you about thinking before, you'll only hurt yerself so don't do it;)

Rovers1
02/11/2008, 2:26 PM
Didn't I warn you about thinking before, you'll only hurt yerself so don't do it;)

yeah your right...sorry :(

Red4Eva
02/11/2008, 3:16 PM
Don't think we can get Setanta now that Cork won the competition tonight ...

i think we're guaranteed setanta as long as we finish ahead of drogs. 9 teams in it next year. this year's winners and 4 from each organisation

Inside Man
02/11/2008, 5:12 PM
i think we're guaranteed setanta as long as we finish ahead of drogs. 9 teams in it next year. this year's winners and 4 from each organisation
Are you sure about that? Does that mean there will be three groups of 3.
Was taking to an MC member at the game yesterday and he seemed sure we wouldn't get in setanta even if we get 4th, as Setanta wouldn't like to get us[as a small club] in it as it would damage the reputation of the competition. They would not offer us a place. And rumour has it that if Dundalk were to win the first division they would get offered it?

Red4Eva
02/11/2008, 6:14 PM
Was taking to an MC member at the game yesterday and he seemed sure we wouldn't get in setanta even if we get 4th, as Setanta wouldn't like to get us[as a small club] in it as it would damage the reputation of the competition. They would not offer us a place. And rumour has it that if Dundalk were to win the first division they would get offered it?

ya 3 groups of 3. i know they cheated us out of a place in 2007 but they'll hardly want shels in it over us.

sligoman
02/11/2008, 6:19 PM
ya 3 groups of 3. i know they cheated us out of a place in 2007 but they'll hardly want shels in it over us.Nice one. Although who plays the FD winners in play-off for final spot? Is it the team that finish 4th(or 5th if Cork get 4th)?

micls
02/11/2008, 6:23 PM
My moneys on ye next week....Id say our players will still be drunk.

Red4Eva
02/11/2008, 6:25 PM
Nice one. Although who plays the FD winners in play-off for final spot? Is it the team that finish 4th(or 5th if Cork get 4th)?

doubt they'd want wexford youths in it so maybe us v the winners of 1st division. haven't heard any mention of that play-off happening again this year though so they're prob going to just decide at the end of the season

srfc1928
02/11/2008, 6:28 PM

why would they offer a first division club with smaller crowds, a plastic pitch and more worried about their club bar be offered a place over us.
Where did u hear this rumour

as for damaging the reputation of the competition, come off it.

IMO we'd be good for the competition, imagine the crowds we'd get against Linfield or Glentoran at the Showgrounds

avvenalaf
02/11/2008, 6:40 PM
My moneys on ye next week....Id say our players will still be drunk.

And what makes you think ours will be sober?

micls
02/11/2008, 6:46 PM
And what makes you think ours will be sober?

Lol....

Rovers Maniac
02/11/2008, 6:51 PM

Give it a rest and go back to supporting whatever club you support.

Rovers Maniac
02/11/2008, 6:59 PM
I think we may go into a setanta cup playoff with a northern side?

srfc1928
02/11/2008, 7:15 PM
I think we may go into a setanta cup playoff with a northern side?
That wouldnt be so bad.
Id fancy our chances against most of our northern brethern;)

brianw82
02/11/2008, 10:15 PM
Legend of a game. We didn't play great, but squeezed the win. We haven't managed that enough this season.

Anyone know why Cash was taken off? Was it he who made the bad tackle in the first half? I thought that would have gotten a red card, whoever it was.

gustavo
03/11/2008, 8:50 AM
Great game , shaping up for an interesting end of season , thought the lads did well to a man , hope Conors nutmeg on Ndo makes it into Good Bad and Ugly on MNS tonight :)

Rovers Maniac
03/11/2008, 9:17 AM
Looking forward to MNS tonight :)

redobit
03/11/2008, 10:33 AM
U have to feel sorry for the bar-stollers. They will never experience anything like that watchin a TV screen

Redie
03/11/2008, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by sligofan4ever

Defensively we werent great, go's to show just how we would play without Gavin Peers. We were poor going forward tonight, Feeney was a disgrace

Actually it is you who is a disgrace. There is not a single player with this current squad who deserves to be called a disgrace given the effort they have put in all season not to mention the fantastic entertainment they have given us.

Steve Feeney did a job for us on Saturday night and while nothing he did was in any way spectacular he certainly did very little wrong. Your comment about him says more about your understanding of football than it does about Steve Feeney's performance.

After such a fantastic game and such an incredible athmosphere all you can do is find faults - says it all really!!

BTW - Ritchie Ryan was excellent Saturday night.

Rovers Maniac
03/11/2008, 10:56 AM
4 mins of ggod footage of the game from saturday night courtesy of the Shams forum.

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126003&postcount=106

brianw82
03/11/2008, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by sligofan4ever

Actually it is you who is a disgrace. There is not a single player with this current squad who deserves to be called a disgrace given the effort they have put in all season not to mention the fantastic entertainment they have given us.

Steve Feeney did a job for us on Saturday night and while nothing he did was in any way spectacular he certainly did very little wrong. Your comment about him says more about your understanding of football than it does about Steve Feeney's performance.

After such a fantastic game and such an incredible athmosphere all you can do is find faults - says it all really!!

BTW - Ritchie Ryan was excellent Saturday night.

To be honest, I just think sf4e really just wanted to say 'Feeney didn't play well', but just worded it harshly.

sligofan4ever
03/11/2008, 12:25 PM
To be honest, I just think sf4e really just wanted to say 'Feeney didn't play well', but just worded it harshly.

That was it I just tought Feeney could have done so much better, at the same time he was probably worried about picking up another injury. In fairness to him if he had a bit more experience in earlier games he might have proven himself but these are probably our most important games and we need our best team playing if were looking for 4th place.

celticV3
03/11/2008, 1:28 PM
4 mins of ggod footage of the game from saturday night courtesy of the Shams forum.

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126003&postcount=106

Think that shows that we were lucky to win. They could have got an equaliser easily if not scored a 2nd before we did. Still we got the points and we will in cork aswell.:D

brianw82
03/11/2008, 3:21 PM
The footage is very Shams-biased. Didn't show the foul for the penalty, what's up with that?

sligoman
03/11/2008, 3:27 PM
Fellas on shams forum seem to think it wasn't a penalty, no doubt in my mind it was. We shall see on MNS.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
03/11/2008, 5:42 PM
Fellas on shams forum seem to think it wasn't a penalty, no doubt in my mind it was. We shall see on MNS.

Do they think the one in 78 was a penalty?

avvenalaf
03/11/2008, 6:24 PM
Do they think the one in 78 was a penalty?

Good man. There's hope for us yet as long as there is someone still alive who remembers that. Giles, Dunphy, Tracy and Carpenter.
And Steve Lynex, they guy who got the 'penalty' played a few games with Rovers but left because 'someone pointed a gun at me in Sligo'. At least Adam Hughes fell in the shower when the gun was pointed at him

Rant over. You've been a wonderful audience. Thank you and good night.

red bellied
03/11/2008, 6:35 PM
Also there was a general concensus in the the Town Hall at the time that Carpenter should be shot too. First time a unanimous vote was passed, on the same subject for the assination of Carpenter. So the legend goes anyway.

Inside Man
03/11/2008, 9:06 PM
Also there was a general concensus in the the Town Hall at the time that Carpenter should be shot too. First time a unanimous vote was passed, on the same subject for the assination of Carpenter. So the legend goes anyway.
I remember those days. Carpenter was actually banned from the town in a vote in the town hall would you believe. But more for his own safety than anything else was the thinking behind it.

sligofan4ever
03/11/2008, 9:11 PM
Good man. There's hope for us yet as long as there is someone still alive who remembers that. Giles, Dunphy, Tracy and Carpenter.
And Steve Lynex, they guy who got the 'penalty' played a few games with Rovers but left because 'someone pointed a gun at me in Sligo'. At least Adam Hughes fell in the shower when the gun was pointed at him

Rant over. You've been a wonderful audience. Thank you and good night.

Just out of curiosity, who was Steve Lynex ? never heard of him.