PDA

View Full Version : V Drogheda 1-1

MyTown
27/09/2008, 9:05 AM
Smallest Galway contingent I can remember at an away game in along time - so in case you're interested:

We were utterly dominant in the first half, for once we got the early strike - and it was a beauty from Jonathon ( a goal scoring midfielder :eek:)

The second half was all Drogheda, with Brian Shelley literally taking the bull by the horns for them. Zayed was always a threat and Hughes turned the game in their favour when he replaced Kuduzovic. Our midfield disappeared for a lot of the second period, with an early knock to Jonathon definitely affecting us. He was replaced by Murphs.

Still we steadied the ship and a draw was a fair result. I thought the defence was excellent throughout, not just with resolute defending, but as a platform for some lovely football and link play with the lads in the middle. Gary brought off two fine saves shortly before the Drogs equaliser. Jesper had a very lonely assignment in the second half and I thought he was brave and worked very hard all night.

Credit to them all really - they outplayed the Legues' Champions League representatives (who nearly did for a Dynamo Kiev team that recently gave Arsenal a big scare) for the entire opening period.

Unbeaten in four - two points is just not enough at this stage - but they did very well over all and have shown plenty of character for me in recent outings.

Maroon 7
29/09/2008, 2:37 PM
There's been a definite improvement under Kenna alright but not quite enough especially since Harps have gone on a good run recently.

Strangely enough when we've played them I thought Harps looked like the worst of all the teams near the bottom but they've got their act together somewhat of late and have pulled clear of the other three.