Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: V Drogheda 1-1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

V Drogheda 1-1

Smallest Galway contingent I can remember at an away game in along time - so in case you're interested:

We were utterly dominant in the first half, for once we got the early strike - and it was a beauty from Jonathon ( a goal scoring midfielder )

The second half was all Drogheda, with Brian Shelley literally taking the bull by the horns for them. Zayed was always a threat and Hughes turned the game in their favour when he replaced Kuduzovic. Our midfield disappeared for a lot of the second period, with an early knock to Jonathon definitely affecting us. He was replaced by Murphs.

Still we steadied the ship and a draw was a fair result. I thought the defence was excellent throughout, not just with resolute defending, but as a platform for some lovely football and link play with the lads in the middle. Gary brought off two fine saves shortly before the Drogs equaliser. Jesper had a very lonely assignment in the second half and I thought he was brave and worked very hard all night.

Credit to them all really - they outplayed the Legues' Champions League representatives (who nearly did for a Dynamo Kiev team that recently gave Arsenal a big scare) for the entire opening period.

Unbeaten in four - two points is just not enough at this stage - but they did very well over all and have shown plenty of character for me in recent outings.
    Less Whining
    Less Moaning

What are YOU doing to make it better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    There's been a definite improvement under Kenna alright but not quite enough especially since Harps have gone on a good run recently.

Strangely enough when we've played them I thought Harps looked like the worst of all the teams near the bottom but they've got their act together somewhat of late and have pulled clear of the other three.