PDA

View Full Version : Annoying phrases that only girlfriends come up with.

Pauro 76
19/09/2008, 7:30 AM
You know the ones... you're there with your girlfriend chilling out and she drops a 'girlfriendism' out of nowhere. The sort of curveball that it's a question that must be skilfully handled and one wrong answer could be lethal. Such as...

'What are you thinking about?'
'Would you still love me if I was fat?'
'Do you think I'm fat?'
'Do you think my housemate/friend/sister is good looking?' (potentially lethal)
'Do you think we'll get married one day...'

any other examples?

gustavo
19/09/2008, 8:52 AM
"Don't worry about it , we can try again later"

Or maybe thats just me :(

noby
19/09/2008, 9:01 AM
'What are you thinking about?'

A little insight into the male mind for any ladies reading this. When you're out for a romantic, candle lit, meal, and the guy you're with is staring into your eyes, or into the middle distance, never, I repeat never ask him this question. One of two things will happen:
(a) he will lie, or
(b) he will say something like "I was wondering, if Duff played in behind Doyle, with Hunt on..."

Either way no good will come from it.

Lev Yashin
19/09/2008, 9:07 AM
im not angry, im just disappointed....:eek:

Magicme
19/09/2008, 9:08 AM
If you had watched Scrubs yesterday you would know how to reply to the "what are you thinking" question............

Pauro 76
19/09/2008, 9:21 AM
If you had watched Scrubs yesterday you would know how to reply to the "what are you thinking" question............

What was the answer?

Roadend
19/09/2008, 9:27 AM
What was the answer?

Something not in the least bit funny I'd imagine;)

Magicme
19/09/2008, 9:39 AM
Dont be stupid Pauro, like am gonna give that kinda info away! Men!

noby
19/09/2008, 9:52 AM
We may only be men, but God damn it we can google:

Dr. Kelso: "What are you thinking, Ted?"
Ted (In his head): "I could jam this through the soft spot on his temple then slit my wrists with it before anyone got in here to stop me"
Ted (out loud): the usual, sir.
Kelso: "Well, you'd never do it you don't have the guts"

Pauro 76
19/09/2008, 9:55 AM
Damn you. Tsch. Women. Can't live with em, can't shoot 'em. ;)

Billsthoughts
19/09/2008, 9:57 AM
A little insight into the male mind for any ladies reading this. When you're out for a romantic, candle lit, meal, and the guy you're with is staring into your eyes,

my missus was staring into my eyes one time and fixed her hair in the reflection...

Pauro 76
19/09/2008, 10:04 AM
Another phrase that annoys me, if I was talking about a female friend...

'Do you think she's pretty?'
'Would you go out with her if I wasn't your girlfriend?'

It's damned if I do, damned if I don't really.

Or out for a few pints with male friends...

'Were there many pretty girls out last night?'
'Did you talk to any girls last night?'

Or eating habits...

'What did you have for dinner last night?'

Or with girlfriend and someone texts/rings you..

'Oh, who was that?'

Singledom has its merits.

Magicme
19/09/2008, 10:16 AM
We may only be men, but God damn it we can google:

Eh that wasnt quite it.

Ok the only thing you ever have to say when she asks what you are thinking is "I'm thinking how lucky I am to have met you"

As for the other things Pauro, you just say you dont think she is pretty, you would have no interest in her if you werent with your girlfriend, you never notice any girls when you are out with the lads coz when you are not discussing football you are thinking how much you would like to be at home with her and how lucky you are to have met her, you never talk to any girls when you are out alone, the text or phone call is from a wrong number and if she wants to know what you ate for your dinner, tell her to cook for you.

Basically us women are easy to figure out. Lie to us and tell us that we are the most delightful, gorgeous creature in the universe and you had a barren and dreadful life prior to being so lucky to meet us and you will survive coupledom.

Singledom has its merits but so does being attached.

Can I have an agony aunt forum Adam?

Pauro 76
19/09/2008, 10:20 AM
Eh that wasnt quite it.

Ok the only thing you ever have to say when she asks what you are thinking is "I'm thinking how lucky I am to have met you"

As for the other things Pauro, you just say you dont think she is pretty, you would have no interest in her if you werent with your girlfriend, you never notice any girls when you are out with the lads coz when you are not discussing football you are thinking how much you would like to be at home with her and how lucky you are to have met her, you never talk to any girls when you are out alone, the text or phone call is from a wrong number and if she wants to know what you ate for your dinner, tell her to cook for you.

Basically us women are easy to figure out. Lie to us and tell us that we are the most delightful, gorgeous creature in the universe and you had a barren and dreadful life prior to being so lucky to meet us and you will survive coupledom.

Singledom has its merits but so does being attached.

Can I have an agony aunt forum Adam?

To the bottom question I reckon there damn well should be! :)

"I'm thinking how lucky I am to have met you"
Great line!

passinginterest
19/09/2008, 10:36 AM
Great line!

I've been using it for five years now. Incredibly effective. :D

Magicme
19/09/2008, 11:08 AM
To the bottom question I reckon there damn well should be! :)

Great line!

Glad to have been of assistance! Make the cheque out to Magicme solves your problems and lodge into account number 287373889.

paul_oshea
19/09/2008, 11:22 AM
if she beleives that she isn't worth being around in fairness the douchebag.

Blue Man
19/09/2008, 1:18 PM
im not angry, im just disappointed....:eek:

That one is absolute shocker!!

superfrank
19/09/2008, 1:23 PM
That one is absolute shocker!!
It's more of a mammy's one, isn't it?

One thing that annoys me about girlfriends is when they want to join in what you do on your own time, like going to football matches, etc. Then they just bitch and moan the whole time. :mad:

Pauro 76
19/09/2008, 2:09 PM
Glad to have been of assistance! Make the cheque out to Magicme solves your problems and lodge into account number 287373889.

The cheque's in the post. :)

Aberdonian Stu
19/09/2008, 2:13 PM
'Would you go out with her if I wasn't your girlfriend?'

A good lie for this one Pauro is the "Ah I don't think there'd be the same spark", it's very easy to say with a straight face.

tetsujin1979
19/09/2008, 2:51 PM
A good lie for this one Pauro is the "Ah I don't think there'd be the same spark", it's very easy to say with a straight face.
Until herself fires back with "why do you think that?" and then you're boned.

Pauro 76
19/09/2008, 2:56 PM

I find the best way is to say nothing and keep saying it. Another typical one for me is... (the lass doesnt drink..)

'How many pints do you drink when you're out with the guys.'

What in God's name sort of question is that at all?

jinxy lilywhite
19/09/2008, 3:04 PM
Another one when you are coercied into to going clothes shopping with her. She trys on a dress and I'm honest enough to say yeah no or maybe. So she tries on this dress. She looks great. I say "gives you a lovely curvy figure" (IMO is better that stick insect) Her reply is "So you think I'm fat" along with 3 hours of the silent treatment
In my seven year sentence with this woman I have come to understand that women are aliens.

Singledom does have its merit but then so does regular sex

OwlsFan
19/09/2008, 3:13 PM
Wife: "What do you think of this outfit?"
Me"Lovely".
5 minutes later..Wife: "What do you think of this outfit?"
Me: "Very nice.."
4 minutes later
Wife "What do you think of this outfit?"
Me: " Really nice".

Wife: "Well I don't like any of them. I have nothing in my wardrobe". Meanwhile I am getting in to the same jacket and trousers I've worn for the past 2 years.

Roadend
19/09/2008, 3:24 PM

Into the kinky stuff eh?

19/09/2008, 4:19 PM
hate when a girl brings up your previous ehhh conquests out of the blue and asks "what number are you on anyway?" in my mind im going "oh crap!" cant say too low shel know im lying,too high and shel get offended!!

Sheridan
19/09/2008, 4:21 PM
Many years ago I fended off the "do you think I'm putting on weight?" question only for it to be followed with a playful barrage of hypothetical questions. The last one was "Would you sacrifice me if everyone in Africa could eat for a year?" I responded, thinking it was very funny, "What are they going to do, feed you to them?"

It's true what they say, women have no sense of humour.

19/09/2008, 4:26 PM
Many years ago I fended off the "do you think I'm putting on weight?" question only for it to be followed with a playful barrage of hypothetical questions. The last one was "Would you sacrifice me if everyone in Africa could eat for a year?" I responded, thinking it was very funny, "What are they going to do, feed you to them?"

yeh i agree with the no humour part Sheridan :

Was in the pub one Paddys Day and a load of us were having the craic when this less than well chest endowed girl that was with us shouts at me infront of everyone "WILL YOU STOP STARING AT MY CHEST (diferent word was used)!!!" i wasnt even looking so i just said sharp as i could "youd wanna grow a set before i look at them!!" me and the lads thought it was hilarious,i got a slap from her mate for my troubles though...was worth it :)

stann
19/09/2008, 4:27 PM

:D

Pauro, please don't take this the wrong way but your girlfriend sounds like a nightmare! Maybe the way you've posted doesn't help, as it reads as if all those questions were fired at you in the one evening! ;)

Another typical one for me is... (the lass doesnt drink..)

'How many pints do you drink when you're out with the guys.'

What in God's name sort of question is that at all?

I'd be very wary of this one though, it's quite easy to see the way she's thinking. The only follow up to this is 'Do you not think you could cut the pints down? Or even out altogether?' Don't say you weren't warned! :D

Pauro 76
19/09/2008, 4:42 PM
Pauro, please don't take this the wrong way but your girlfriend sounds like a nightmare! Maybe the way you've posted doesn't help, as it reads as if all those questions were fired at you in the one evening! ;)

Ah she can be at times. she can be a really nice girl a lot of the time and then she'd just hit me with these daft questions. These questions have been fired over a period of a few months.

I'd be very wary of this one though, it's quite easy to see the way she's thinking. The only follow up to this is 'Do you not think you could cut the pints down? Or even out altogether?' Don't say you weren't warned! :D

That has happened already. I've said she's got two chances, slim and none!

sadloserkid
25/09/2008, 10:39 PM
My girlfriend came to her first LOI match recently. Limerick Vs. Dundalk. Not quite as glamorous as the Minnesota Thunder - David Beckham feat. the LA Galaxy circus I dragged her along to the last time I was in her neck of the woods but whatever, I digress. Midway through the second half she piped up with, 'There sure are a lot of Connollys on your team'. Menswear firm Connolly just happen to be one of our sponsors. There was much laughter.

I would also like to add the following:

"You can go to your match if you really want to"
"Would you let me cut/striaghten your hair?"
"Why won't you watch Sex In The City with me?"

I presume she didn't become Mr.Sheridan? :)

Student Mullet
26/09/2008, 2:19 AM
I was shopping once for a jumper and I picked a large one up from the shelf. The bird went and found an XL one and suggested that it would fit me better. I thanked her for the implication but tried on the large one anyway. She told me that it was too clingy and didn't suite me. I answered, 'Aithnionn ciarog ciarog eile'. I think it's the wittiest thing I've ever said.

Pauro 76
26/09/2008, 5:03 AM
I was shopping once for a jumper and I picked a large one up from the shelf. The bird went and found an XL one and suggested that it would fit me better. I thanked her for the implication but tried on the large one anyway. She told me that it was too clingy and didn't suite me. I answered, 'Aithnionn ciarog ciarog eile'. I think it's the wittiest thing I've ever said.

"Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile"

* Translation: "One beetle recognises another"
* Meaning: It takes one to know one; Like sees like

That's brilliant! Had to look that one up....

paul_oshea
26/09/2008, 8:54 AM
when on holidays i got the "does this make me look fat?!" and I responded with the good aul bundy line "face it, its not the top that makes you look fat, its the fat that makes you look at!" and started laughing, luckily for me my girlfriend is used to me making jokes most of the time, so she didnt take it too badly - well after a bit of "ah ye know im only messing, its not my line, ive just wanted to say it for years etc etc etc". It was all good until we got home and that was hte first thing she told all her friends, except all our friends are friends so I got ear fulls from all of them.

paul_oshea
26/09/2008, 8:57 AM
Ah she can be at times. she can be a really nice girl a lot of the time and then she'd just hit me with these daft questions. These questions have been fired over a period of a few months.

That has happened already. I've said she's got two chances, slim and none!

which one is this pauro? Ive lost track again. pauro the serial monogamist :D

Pauro 76
26/09/2008, 9:04 AM
which one is this pauro? Ive lost track again. pauro the serial monogamist :D

Yes this is still the Spanish lass. We did break up twice, but she won me back again twice. I dunno, cant help but admire her persistence.

Dodge
26/09/2008, 9:23 AM
The thing to realise about women si that they're different from us. They dream and plan and pay attention to the small details in every day life. We're lazy, we leave things to the last minute and we pay attention to lists, records and sports statistics. They don't get jokes and are far too sensitive. We're funny and we won't really care.

As long as you're willing to put up with the stoopidity of women, they have their good points. Mainly boobs. My missus is pretty decent. She hates football but understands I need it. She's pretty girly but she hates Sex & the City and doesn't cry about everything. In the grand scale of things, I'm doing alright

Schumi
26/09/2008, 10:51 AM
women, they have their good points. Mainly boobs. My missus is pretty decent. Any pics?

Battery Rover
26/09/2008, 11:07 AM
The one I got this morning before I left Limerick for Athlone was "What would you do if I died" My initial response was going to be "party" but replied that I would have to "bury" here and she walked out of the room and now 5 hours later she still hasn't called me (She usually calls me once every 5 minutes)

Pauro 76
26/09/2008, 11:27 AM
The one I got this morning before I left Limerick for Athlone was "What would you do if I died" My initial response was going to be "party" but replied that I would have to "bury" here and she walked out of the room and now 5 hours later she still hasn't called me (She usually calls me once every 5 minutes)

Ha ha that's a demon of a question! A dangerous question I've had thrown at me was 'What would you do if we broke up?'. It's a dangerous question because first you have to assure them that "Oh no, darling, we're not going to break up" (Even though if you don't stop asking these type of questions, the likelihood of it is quite high).... but if you answered something like 'I'd be gutted', she'd say something like well you're just assuming we'll never break up then. Dangerous creatures, women.