PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 09/ pes 09

Pages : [1] 2

gilberto_eire
10/09/2008, 11:39 PM
The demo's for both titles will be released tomorrow from what I've been reading online, just did a search there too see would the LOI be included in FIFA again this year and came across this.....

EIRCOM LEAGUE OF IRELAND 1ST DIVISION

IRISH PREMIER LEAGUE

RUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE

ARGENTINE PRIMERA DIVISION

LIGA I (ROMANIA)

WELSH PREMIER LEAGUE

1st divison :eek:

If in 08 the Prem' teams were half a star from 5 they must be changing the system or else what would the 1st division teams be?!

Looking forward to getting a sample of both, have seen vids on Youtube of both and they are equally looking good.

FIFA looks a lot faster, that's great as the current instalment is twice as slow as real play actually is(which can be frustrating as the players turn like tanks.

PES's graphics are a lot slicker and a new feature this year is a new passing system, you'll now have to press L1 to take control of the receiver giving you the option to move for space with the passer and the ability to call for a pass back(with the pass button)

L37Ultra
10/09/2008, 11:43 PM
Which game has the LOI First Division. FIFA or Pro Evo?

Where can you get the Demo?

Cheers

gilberto_eire
11/09/2008, 12:14 AM
Which game has the LOI First Division. FIFA or Pro Evo?

Where can you get the Demo?

Cheers

FIFA......

On PSN!!

anto1208
11/09/2008, 10:21 AM
Pro evo is a total rebuild which it needed, it lost a lot of licences but has put back in a decent edit feature plus a champions league game mode !! ill check out the demo later and ill think about buying it as i havent had a pro evo for a year now the only reason i wouldnt get it is other people will want to play and i dont like other people thouching my playstation.

sligoman
11/09/2008, 11:25 AM
IRISH PREMIER LEAGUEThat's the Northern Ireland league I assume? No mention of LOI Premier?:confused:

L37Ultra
11/09/2008, 1:05 PM
That's the Northern Ireland league I assume? No mention of LOI Premier?:confused:

But maybe thats a list of new Leagues that will be in this years game. The LOI Premier was in FIFA last year.

harpstilidie
11/09/2008, 1:29 PM
Is the FIFA demo out on PSN yet because i can't find it? They have delayed the Pro Evo demo afaik.

Red&White Rover
11/09/2008, 1:48 PM
FIFA 09 Demo is out on PSN at about 5 o clcok AFAIK.

Hopefully shall live up to my expectations...

sligoman
11/09/2008, 4:21 PM
What is PSN? How do I get it?

Cici900
11/09/2008, 5:23 PM
Lads will the game be out on PS2 Ya? When will the actual game be released?

gilberto_eire
11/09/2008, 8:35 PM
What is PSN? How do I get it?

PSN=Playstation Network, It comes free with a PS3, when you have it hooked up online you sign into the PSN and that's how you play online, also a PSN Store where the demo's(and the likes are...)

Just after checking the PSN there and there's no sign or a FIFA OR PES demo... wtf?!:confused:

gilberto_eire
12/09/2008, 1:34 AM
Only found out tonight on Boards that the demo WAS out today but only one PSN-America, so you'll need to have set up an American account to access this PSN store, handy to have an account for each area, they cost nothing and content can be differant!!. Not sure will they put it up on the PSN=Europe tomorrow, was a quick download less then 10mins.

Very different game playing it to whaen i watched it on Youtube, most of my complaints about the last one weren't evident from the two games i had. Only one i know is there for sure is when your player takes the touch that puts the ball a few yards ahead and he proceeds to move for it at a slow pace(which will cost you a throw if its near the line or if he takes that touch facing your goal it ends up in the net!!, Referee's can get in the way of the ball and linesmen have been added.

The new player physics look/feel great, the way Drogba was falling from challenges looked class, also ball seems to be more free moving like PES. (i took a kick out that bounced before a player and he tried flick it on,always lands down on a head in 08).

Through balls work 10 times better, they were woeful in 08 and this was somewhat worked on in EURO and seems even better now, one of my defenders threw his hand up for an off-side when an opposition player got behind me, things like that and the new impact physics make it feel like a more genuine experience

VERY happy, and there's only 3 weeks to go, looking forward to getting both games but will have to play in phases as it takes some getting used too when switching games :D

RĂ©iteoir
12/09/2008, 6:43 PM
Got the demo of FIFA 09 from the Playstation 3 US Store last night - it's now out on the European Store on PSN

Totally blown away by everything about it - it's a massive improvement on FIFA 08 - the graphics and animations are amazing.

Just had Drogba arguing with the ref as he cautions Ashley Cole - for a challenge which sent the opponent hurtling through the air (an animation which I've never seen before on a FIFA game - it looked realistic tbh)

The Assistant Referees are back in it - and they flag for offsides, throw ins, goal kicks, corners and even free kicks if they happen near to them - and the referees actually signal stuff as well (just watch the animation when you get a free kick) - a brilliant touch imo

Best goal i've scored on it so far:
http://smg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v623/reiteoir/12092008001.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

and finally - to cap it all - playing as Marseille vs Toronto - 1-0 up.
2 minutes into injury time - Toronto get a corner
Go to a cut scene of the Toronto goalie sprinting up for the corner
Next thing I know he's up in my Penalty Area challenging for a header

Brilliant

And it's superb to see that - if the list up there is to be believed - the JJB Irish Premiership and the eircom First Division will be in there
That means one thing though - we can now create our own versions of the Setanta Cup :D

Jofspring
13/09/2008, 9:26 AM
and finally - to cap it all - playing as Marseille vs Toronto - 1-0 up.
2 minutes into injury time - Toronto get a corner
Go to a cut scene of the Toronto goalie sprinting up for the corner
Next thing I know he's up in my Penalty Area challenging for a header

Brilliant

this feature was in fifa 08 aswell. Cannot wait to play fifa 09 though, downloading the demo when i get home. Looking forward to winning the League with Limerick ;)

ken foree
15/09/2008, 6:04 PM
Best goal i've scored on it so far:
http://smg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v623/reiteoir/12092008001.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

nice goal man.

Neish
23/09/2008, 6:00 PM
Where can I download a FIFA or PES 09 demo

anto1208
24/09/2008, 1:56 PM
Where can I download a FIFA or PES 09 demo

xbox live or PSN which every console your on if its pc im not sure ,

This is just for fifa 09 dont think Pro evo is out yet .

BTW Pro evo is getting hammered yet again i dont think ill get either. Fifa will allways be fifa no matter how good it looks it wont play well , like fifa 08 was great for 2 or 3 games then after that it was awfull. Pro evo was just awfull.

gilberto_eire
24/09/2008, 9:09 PM
xbox live or PSN which every console your on if its pc im not sure ,

This is just for fifa 09 dont think Pro evo is out yet .

BTW Pro evo is getting hammered yet again i dont think ill get either. Fifa will allways be fifa no matter how good it looks it wont play well , like fifa 08 was great for 2 or 3 games then after that it was awfull. Pro evo was just awfull.

Have you tried the demo??

I was a staunch PES man since PES 3 came out, FIFA was kack, but 08 had some good improvements, lots of flaws but good core elements were set.... 09 has gone a LONG way to correcting the faults of 08 and is a good game i have to admit!!

1 week to go :D

anto1208
24/09/2008, 10:20 PM
Have you tried the demo??

I was a staunch PES man since PES 3 came out, FIFA was kack, but 08 had some good improvements, lots of flaws but good core elements were set.... 09 has gone a LONG way to correcting the faults of 08 and is a good game i have to admit!!

1 week to go :D

i bought fifa and i just couldnt get into it it just felt wrong maybe if they let you change the buttons so i can swap o and square so i dont keep crossing it when i want to shoot :D

ive 45% of the demo down now so ill give it a bash same with pro evo but i dont know if ill buy it will depend on the online

anto1208
25/09/2008, 11:23 AM
Any idea if pro evo has more than 1 v 1 online even if they had 2 v2 where the 2 had to be on the same console would be better.

gilberto_eire
25/09/2008, 7:19 PM
i bought fifa and i just couldnt get into it it just felt wrong maybe if they let you change the buttons so i can swap o and square so i dont keep crossing it when i want to shoot :D

ive 45% of the demo down now so ill give it a bash same with pro evo but i dont know if ill buy it will depend on the online

Two things....

1. You can actually change the buttons around, but not physically, you go into settings and go to NEW instead of CLASSIC, this will give you the PES buttons but you still have to use the likes of R2 for run, which actually seems better since i tried to go back and play PES there recently(and had to revert to R1)

2. 09 is WAY differant then 08, it looks the same when everything is still but when things get moving it feels more like PES, pace has increased an awful lot, and then there's all the new things like collisons etc... which make the experience more authentic. The ball moves more realistically, i was hitting shots in the arena and you could see the flight of the ball take off and rise like a real ball would.

Also FIFA 09 is the first game to get peno's right, however 08 could'nt have got them more wrong.
In 08 when the power bar was increasing you would just move the goalie to the side you wanted to go for the save and if you guessed right the ball never went in, in 09 you can only move him a tiny bit and the ball goes to differant areas unlike other football sims which has the 6 usual directions(top right, bottom right etc...), i even hit one down the middle and instead of it going dead middle like it does in all games it curled with the players foot(i'd assume the keepers leg can get them like it nearly did when i put it down the middle, only had one shoot out)

I remember reading a few months ago that rumours were rife' that this FIFA was going to be the biz and from what i've played it is, PES has a lot of ground to make up if i'm going to be still calling myself a PES man this year

Neish
27/09/2008, 9:46 AM
I've always been a PES man but reading this thread has got me thinking. Has FIFA actually improved that much to rival PES in playability. Rented FIFA 08 and thE only thing FIFA beat PES for me was the ability to play a proper legaue season ie FA Premiership with teams getting relegated and promoted each year and a proper champions league(which I hear the new PES has).

So would you advise switching to FIFA or stick with PES?

gilberto_eire
27/09/2008, 1:35 PM
I've always been a PES man but reading this thread has got me thinking. Has FIFA actually improved that much to rival PES in playability. Rented FIFA 08 and thE only thing FIFA beat PES for me was the ability to play a proper legaue season ie FA Premiership with teams getting relegated and promoted each year and a proper champions league(which I hear the new PES has).

So would you advise switching to FIFA or stick with PES?

FIFA 08 was a MASSIVE improvement on the franchise, it really went downhill for me after 02, from 03 on they introduced the ''first touch'' crap and all that(which unfortunately is still there today, i prefer to do my skills in a less confusing way, but in 08 you could get by without it) and the engine was similar to what it is now, however they made some nice touches to it for 08 and it was a decent experience, they got a lot of the core elements right about game play.

I'd still probably take PES 08 over FIFA 08, but i'd have to admit that 08 is a vast improvement and all that was needed was to build on things for 09.

This was done somewhat with EURO 2008. EURO had a faster pace(08's biggest downfall was the slow pace, power bars too went up too slow, took 2/3 secs to execute shots/long passes at times) and introduced the power bar for short pass and through pass which makes them more accurate.

They also improved on the through balls, which are a joke in 08.

After playing the demo i have to say they really made a lot of changes to the game and the only issue i had with 08 that i still think is there is the cursor change, but i didn't play the demo that long to fully rule over that!!.

If you likes 08 in ANY way, you'll LOVE 09 because they really have taken it to another level, they've finally gone back to a pacey game(among lots of other positive additions) something which has been missing since the early days of the PS2 :D

As for the ''PES or FIFA'' bit you had in at the end, why not get both if there both good games?!.... that's what i'll be doing, but FIFA is a defo' purchase and something that won't just be bought to keep me ticking over till PES comes out!!

harpstilidie
29/09/2008, 11:43 AM
Think i'll end up getting both. Been a PES fan since the 4th one and havn't bought a FIFA game since but wasn't that impressed with PES 2008 especially online. Downloaded the demo for FIFA 2009 and im impressed. Also the fact of having the eircom League in it makes it a must buy really.

anto1208
29/09/2008, 12:45 PM
Downloaded the fifa demo and you can change the buttons !!! so i was looking foward to it , presentation as with all fifa games is brilliant player animation in the cut scenes is very good but thats where it all falls apart. After the 3rd foul and you have to watch the same clip of a player rolling on the ground you get fed up of it after the 5th time its ruined the flow of the game entirely.

The over all play is slow players dont turn well in game animation isnt what you would expect from a next gen machine. and its still very arcadey rather than a footy sim.

All in all its closer to ISS than pro evo and with a little effort Pro evo should have no problems beating it.

Easiest way to let you know what its like is, its FIFA !!! still missing that little something pro evo has.

rambler14
30/09/2008, 3:05 PM
I'll be getting FIFA 09 on the PS3.
I have a PS2 and i've always enjoyed FIFA on it. I've just grown tired of the PS2.

As for the right of passage between FIFA and Pro Ev there has never been a contest. Always thought FIFA was way better than PRO.

It'd be nice to see the new leagues, in it this year.
It was only a matter of time before the Russians got in when you consider it's one of the richest leagues in the world. As for the Welsh League being in, I just hope that the commentators are programmed to say "they'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight!":D

As with the 1st Division I seem to remember that it being included in the deal with EA last year that the first division be included this year.

Neish
30/09/2008, 4:36 PM
Where can I download the demo of FIFA 09?

anto1208
30/09/2008, 6:33 PM
playstation store or xbox live

pro evo demo is this weekend i think

niallsparky
04/10/2008, 8:46 AM
It's a great game. Simple as.

harpstilidie
04/10/2008, 11:03 AM
Bought my first FIFA since FIFA 2004 yesterday and to be honest I'm loving it. Downloaded the PES demo and I don't like it. The ball sounds terrible like kicking a lead balloon and players are quite slow. The ref is terrible too. Nearly evey foul was a booking or a sending off. Can't see me getting it tbh.

gilberto_eire
04/10/2008, 6:47 PM
Ya even better now that i've got to play online!!

On some winning streak now, 15 wins in a row, record is 23 wins and 7 losses, up into the 1400-1500 rankings mark, you'll never get near the top though, for instance the number one in the world has played nearly 200 games(10mins a game, 6 an hour, 144 in a day, couple in the time he has been eating etc... and he's nearly played it solid since it came out) so your not going to catch up with someone like that!.

Fav team is Chelsea, would be United(simply the best team) but everyone picks them, i usually don't pick a team out of principle if everyone else picks them all the time, like to be different :D

Barca aren't a patch on what they used to be(Puyol no longer the best defender),their defenders are WAY too slow, if your facing any quick striker and he gets by you he's through on goal!!

Anyone know how to use the wall in the arena for free-kicks?.... i saw a EA guy a while back giving a demonstration and he said you could practice with a wall :confused:

Slight flaws I've seen so far......
If a player slides for the ball and catches an idle player(i.e one your not controlling) he receives a straight red card, happened twice to my advantage, in one instance after having my shot blocked i got a peno aswell ... won't like it when it happens to me though. Happened 3 times in a ''Be A Pro'' game i had, and since it was 10 V 10 the lads who were sent off could'nt take control off another player!!:D
Keepers can be bad too, has had a couple of goals now where the keeper won't come out to get a ball 3 yards away and a striker runs from miles out and taps it in!
Shooting can be a bit unresponsive at times, have had the ball nabbed off me in the box a good few times(by the keeper after getting a break through on goal), and closed down since my shots were taking ages to get away.
Still leaps and bounds better then 08. Tried the PES demo and didn't like it, but when you switch games it always takes a few goes to get into it(same with shooting games etc....), will probably get it at some stage over the year!!

adamcarr
04/10/2008, 7:00 PM
Is the first division in it?

sligofan4ever
04/10/2008, 10:06 PM
Will irish teams have a chance of getting in to Europe in this game :D. Its a bit dull winning the league over and over again with no cups or europe in it for Irish teams.

gilberto_eire
05/10/2008, 2:35 AM
Is the first division in it?

Nope. i found a link to a forum where someone posted a list of the ''new leagues included'' the 1st division was included there,also the Romanian league and IL were on the list too but no new leagues were added

anto1208
06/10/2008, 8:27 AM
Ive played both demos now and i think both are pretty poor, Fifa is still very childish and all those flicks and things are ridiculous, can you still do those combo's like in the last game ? what a terrible idea. i thought id better give it another go because so many are raving about it but its a terrible game. Pro evo isnt much better but its still the better of the two. i dont think ill get either to be honest.

juan pablo
06/10/2008, 7:51 PM
I bought FIFA 09 last night and after playing about 2 hours of it and loving it, it froze on me, next thing you know the PS3 wont recognise any of my games, My blu-ray engine died so i have to return it. Was very ****ed off!!!!

Neish
09/10/2008, 4:13 PM
Downloaded FIFA 09 demo last night and after playing several games I see nothing special that will make me change from PES. Hope to downlaod PES 09 demo tonight to check it out too

sligoman
09/10/2008, 10:01 PM
I find Fifa 09 harder to score from with one on one's than Fifa 08 and have yet to see anyone score from shooting outside the box. Also, the amount of falling over by players is ridiculous, it over does it with it like.

harpstilidie
10/10/2008, 3:14 PM
I can't keep shots down at all. Really hard to score. Was playing against Sligo there earlier and i knocked the ball down near the corner flag and the Sligo left back went to kick the ball...clean missed it and fell on his ass. Was hiliarious! :D

gilberto_eire
10/10/2008, 5:17 PM
I find Fifa 09 harder to score from with one on one's than Fifa 08 and have yet to see anyone score from shooting outside the box. Also, the amount of falling over by players is ridiculous, it over does it with it like.

Ya same problem myself, i miss basically every time i'm in on goal, i either run into the goalie or else if i ease off the running button i end up hitting it from just inside the box(trying to avoid it been taken off me) and missing :mad:

Annoying thing is i managed to win 43 games in a row online from Sunday to Tuesday and now i'm losing a few games(still winning more but the wins are putting me back 4/5 games:mad:), the main problem now is my finishing, i was just hammering people so bad when it came out i was always scoring 2+ since i was having 10-20 chances per game, not getting as many now, nobody else seems to miss 1 V 1 though and that's really ****ing me off:mad:

Rambling Along
11/10/2008, 11:06 PM
Annoying thing is i managed to win 43 games in a row online from Sunday to Tuesday and now i'm losing a few games(still winning more but the wins are putting me back 4/5 games:mad:), the main problem now is my finishing, i was just hammering people so bad when it came out i was always scoring 2+ since i was having 10-20 chances per game, not getting as many now, nobody else seems to miss 1 V 1 though and that's really ****ing me off:mad:

Everytime I go to play online there's nobody available to play against so far i've only played once online!:mad:

gilberto_eire
12/10/2008, 10:59 AM
Everytime I go to play online there's nobody available to play against so far i've only played once online!:mad:

Can you play other games online?, are you Eircom?. If so you'll be on NAT 3(connection) which affects connecting to most games

foxx92
12/10/2008, 9:41 PM
Can you play other games online?, are you Eircom?. If so you'll be on NAT 3(connection) which affects connecting to most games

i think its the router thats the problem. Eircom usually give a Netopia router which doesnt allow you play online properly. I have a 3com router and a Netopia router and the netopia one doesnt work half of the time?

MikeBassett
16/10/2008, 9:06 AM
anywhere sellin pro ev 2009 early today??

juan pablo
16/10/2008, 1:05 PM
For anyone having NAT TYPE 3 problems, try this link on youtube, keep trying it, it does work and you will then have NAT TYPE 1 which is the business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU

Let me know when it works. It takes time. Anyone having problems, PM me.

Rambling Along
16/10/2008, 2:34 PM
I assume it makes wireless play easier?

No screen feezing momenterily?

anto1208
16/10/2008, 3:04 PM
Ive started having trouble recently after been fine for a long time, i was on a wireless connection which was fine but a tad slow on COD so i went to a wired connection through my router , that worked brilliantly upuntill about a week ago and now for no reason i keep loosing the connection. so now ive taken to plugging into the modem directly which was fine for a while but now even that is giving problems. its doing my head in

bellavistaman
22/10/2008, 9:51 PM
What peoples thoughts on the new pro

Trainee
22/10/2008, 10:54 PM
What peoples thoughts on the new pro

I was a Pro fan over Fiffa till this year as new Pro is woeful. The menu looks like an old soccer game I had on the mega drive years ago. As for the game itself they have not even got transfers up to date(Dimitar Berbatov still at spurs and saha still at utd just to name a few), It looks to me the made no attempt to improve the game.

Worst football game ever

red bellied
23/10/2008, 1:28 PM
Its terrible to play online. Screen can become distorted during play, the lines on the pitch become crooked and its hard on the eye. Also has the same problem from last year, where one minute you are through on goal and next thing the other players keeper is kicking it out.