PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Germany

robertob
08/09/2008, 10:42 AM
Hello!

My name is Florian and I'm from Rostock, german baltic coast! I'm a big fan of Irish football and favour a few teams. At most I like Galway, Bohs and Candystripes but have also sympathies for Glentoran FC. My favour players of LOI are K. Brennan, Derek Glynn, Keith Fahey and in past Paddy McCourt.
I like the irish football for the powerfull playing. 90 minutes passion - thats brilliant. This are things I'm missing in german football.

By the way: I'm the administrator of the one and only german forum to irish football: http://irischer-fussball.foren-city.de/

joe_barry80
08/09/2008, 11:52 AM
Maybe move this tread to league tread

paul_oshea
08/09/2008, 12:05 PM
not to go off topic but out in germany we met a load of german irish fans. askingthem was there much craic in town was funny, "craic, what is that, where do you get craic?!" :D

robertob
08/09/2008, 1:56 PM
I was also in Mainz to the ireland match. It was a great time with the crazy irish supporters! They have made the pubs owner in mainz very lucky because they drunk so much beer. :D

deecay
08/09/2008, 2:00 PM
Sligo, das bisher ein drittel der nötigen Summe zur Rettung des Klubs, aufgebracht hat, ruft seine Fans auf mit einer weiteren Spende, die Zukunft des Klubs zu erhalten. Zum Verzicht auf Geld erklärten sich schon das bit o'red Team sowie auch Manager Paul Cook bereit!
Not good to hear:(

robertob
08/09/2008, 2:17 PM
Not good to hear:(

Absolutely! But there are any new information to sligo difficulties?

You understand the german language?

paul_oshea
08/09/2008, 3:31 PM
ya robertob, fair play to you and your fellow countrymen, there really were so many of you there. We met 5 different sets of germans, all donned in green. Its great on away trips and meeting ppl such as yourself like that. fair play to you! :)

robertob
08/09/2008, 3:54 PM
Thank you.
It was for me a great time in mainz too. I've met a lot of nice guys. The performance of the irish supporters was f***ing brilliant 'cause they sang the whole 90 minutes!

I was in Mainz with my Ireland WC94 shirt and so happy to watch the boys in green in my homecountry. So I was absolutely remunerated for the long journey to the match (13 hours from Rostock by train).

Mr Maroon
08/09/2008, 6:36 PM
Hello!

My name is Florian and I'm from Rostock, german baltic coast! I'm a big fan of Irish football and favour a few teams. At most I like Galway, Bohs and Candystripes but have also sympathies for Glentoran FC. My favour players of LOI are K. Brennan, Derek Glynn, Keith Fahey and in past Paddy McCourt.
I like the irish football for the powerfull playing. 90 minutes passion - thats brilliant. This are things I'm missing in german football.

By the way: I'm the administrator of the one and only german forum to irish football: http://irischer-fussball.foren-city.de/
Welcome robertob! I know you from somewhere;)

Pauro 76
09/09/2008, 7:45 AM
Welcome aboard. Just saw that link, it's amazing to think that the LOI has a following in Germany! Fantastic! If I could only remember any of the German I did at school.

robertob
09/09/2008, 9:26 AM
Thanks lads. Next week I will release the new german online magazin: IFADS (german football in german view) magazin.

I wanna make more popular the irish football in germany. Lot of people say me when we tell about LOI: "Oh what - there is a football league in ireland? Crazy, I didn't know!"

But now with the success of St. Pats in Europe and the upcoming game against Hertha BSC Berlin the people wanna know more about irish football. It's time to give them the stuff! :)

OwlsFan
09/09/2008, 9:36 AM
Ausgezeichnet. Das freut mich sehr.

Vorwarts mit den Jungen in grun!

robertob
09/09/2008, 7:06 PM
ya good german! :)
I'm surprised that so much irish people can speak a little german. What's the reason for that?

Sheridan
09/09/2008, 7:32 PM
French and German are taught in all secondary schools. Although you could probably pass the German exams just by using your knowledge of English...

stann
09/09/2008, 7:48 PM
Except very few 16 to 18-year-olds are able to speak or write English. :D

Legally I think I have to follow that with "music is way too loud these days, and whatever happened to tunes ... there's way too many stairs about the place ... chicken doesn't taste like chicken anymore..."

robertob
10/09/2008, 10:57 PM
French and German are taught in all secondary schools.

Why german? I think spanish or russian is more prevalent in the world.

Pauro 76
11/09/2008, 7:18 AM
Some schools do teach Spanish. Not sure about Mandarin or Russian though....

Mr Maroon
11/09/2008, 5:11 PM
I'm doing Spanish. There is talk of brining in Mandarin. Don't think there's any Russian.

KevB76
11/09/2008, 6:12 PM
French and German are taught in all secondary schools.

Nein, leider nicht :(

We only had French at my school, would have preferred German but it wasnt an option.

We have a few German Limerick 37Fc fans, who went to most of our home and away matches last season (and U21's).
They also went to a lot of other 1st div and premier matches, apparantly ground hopping is a big thing in Germany.