Here on a technicality.

2. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    They may be big but they are talented too and its our 3rd time to beat you this year so I really dont care what you have to say about them coz I am delighted we have them!
    My comment on the front 2 complimenting each other was exactly that, We have Shane Barrett, he's fat too but he isn't anything like the threat Hughes is.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Sligo battered us in the first half and only scored with a dodgy Penalty (can't wait to see that back on Monday night).
    We were all over them in the second half, McHugh was very unlucky not to score with a lobbed effort and also had the exact same penalty claim as Sligo had yet was given nothing. Marc Brolly gave Keane the absolute run-around all night.
    A draw would have been a fair result to be honest.
    That was one of the worst games to watch this season, right up there with Pats at the Showgies this season.
    But the standard was just terrible in comparison.
    Harps were bad, very bad but we were not much better, a real gutless performance.
    The lads didnt seem interested tbh.
    But ill take a win but if we perform like that again in the next round well there wont be any trip to the final again.
    1565 was the official attendance with about 700 Sligo fans,
    I didnt see 800 Harps fans it tbh.
    Probably about right with the estimation of Rovers fans, about 700 or so.
    all fairly well behaved except for the young muppets who were jumping around the streets after the game in front of cars their tops off. One lad pulled off his top (I swear he was no more than 4 stone the skinny little fook) and started jumping around, only for his trousers to fall down ha ha.
    Oh the humanity, you see worse when kids are getting out of school.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    If it isn't Sligo v Rovers in the next round, I'll eat my hat...
    We always seem to meet in the cup at some stage.
    Its probably fate that we do meet this season since the League Cup result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    We have Shane Barrett, he's fat too but he isn't anything like the threat Hughes is.
    Made me do a LOL for some reason.

How Fingal didn't put us away in the First Half is beyond me, after twenty minutes we were thinking 8,9 or 10 nil.

But fairplay, we showed great character which was important after the Derry debacle. Replay is a pure nuisance though.

And as for the crowd. :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    delighted with the crowd, atmosphere and with the fight the boys put up, we gave away 2 stupid goals but worked and worked.

shams where there for the taking, how they are top of the league is beyond me.

this is the happiest i have been after a defeat ever i think just very proud, i hope a few of the people that came back for the game tonight rekindled their love for de town we need them and the place is fantastic when the crowd get going, respect to the people in the stand especially who were fantastic and of course the loopers in section o

as for the ref and linesmen,... seriously they screwed us
    Are you for bleedin real?
    I think you might have watched the game through rose tinted glasses. Can you not remember the first twenty minutes when Paddy K and Chambers tore yous to shreads, I think your left back needed counselling at half time after the roastin he got. We were then guilty of sloppy play mainly by Turner and Bayly losing possesion cheaply and a few wobbles from Mannus. We almost scored a goal of the season contender right at the start of the second half, but fair play yous started to play a bit and created some good chances, then we scored and yous hit the post,we scored again and all credit yous put us under a lot of pressure and deserved a goal. Yes yous had a good shout for a peno as did we and we were lucky not to have let the lead slip.
    As for the officials, they were equally ****e for both sides, don't let your own bias cloud that one, Paddy K was kicked all over the park and one terrible tackle near the end over on the main stand side should have been a red card, you could hear the clatter of the studs against his shinpads from our side but the lino waived play on.
    If, as you say, that was an increase on normal attendances, how the fcuk do yous survive?, a Rovers official told me 610 of us 350 of yous, very poor home crowd for a cup game.
    Anyway thanks be to jaysus I wont have to suffer goin up to the flan siro for twelve months at least, the ticket office for away fans didn't open until 35 minutes before kick off with 3-4 hundred queing, whats the crack with employin your local pub bouncers as stewards? What experience have they got as match day officials? I'll tell you, none. They stood in front of our section peering in tryin to entice some of our ******* section into doin something stupid, they were repeatedly asked to sit down as they were blocking peoples view, but they refused, fcukin scumbags.
    55 minutes to get from the ground to the top end of the town, bleedin disaster. An hour and ten from there to O'Connell bridge!! Thank god for late opening on Fridays.
    Last edited by GGAJD; 28/08/2010 at 1:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GGAJD View Post
    Are you for bleedin real?
    I think you might have watched the game through rose tinted glasses. Can you not remember the first twenty minutes when Paddy K and Chambers tore yous to shreads, I think your left back needed counselling at half time after the roastin he got. We were then guilty of sloppy play mainly by Turner and Bayly losing possesion cheaply and a few wobbles from Mannus. We almost scored a goal of the season contender right at the start of the second half, but fair play yous started to play a bit and created some good chances, then we scored and yous hit the post,we scored again and all credit yous put us under a lot of pressure and deserved a goal. Yes yous had a good shout for a peno as did we and we were lucky not to have let the lead slip.
    As for the officials, they were equally ****e for both sides, don't let your own bias cloud that one, Paddy K was kicked all over the park and one terrible tackle near the end over on the main stand side should have been a red card, you could hear the clatter of the studs against his shinpads from our side but the lino waived play on.
    If, as you say, that was an increase on normal attendances, how the fcuk do yous survive?, a Rovers official told me 610 of us 350 of yous, pathetic home crowd for a cup game.
    Anyway thanks be to jaysus I wont have to suffer goin up to the flan siro for twelve months at least, the ticket office for away fans didn't open until 35 minutes before kick off with 3-4 hundred queing, whats the crack with employin your local pub bouncers as stewards? What experience have they got as match day officials? I'll tell you, none. They stood in front of our section peering in tryin to entice some of our ******* section into doin something stupid, they were repeatedly asked to sit down as they were blocking peoples view, but they refused, fcukin scumbags.
    55 minutes to get from the ground to the top end of the town, bleedin disaster. An hour and ten from there to O'Connell bridge!! Thank god for late opening on Fridays.
    Spot the shams fan.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Well Duh, I think I say we, us and our a few times in that post, but fair play top detective work
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Spot the shams fan.
    Last edited by GGAJD; 28/08/2010 at 1:55 PM.

Model Club
    Spot the shams fan.
    Its a very fair assesment of last night.
    At least Longford officials know how to count-No small time antics re. the attendance.

Its posts like the above from someone who was 150 miles away that give Rovers fans ammunition against this site.
    If you have nothing constructive to say,say nothing.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Model Club View Post
    Its a very fair assesment of last night.
    Inlcuding this gem...
    Quote Originally Posted by GGAJD
    If, as you say, that was an increase on normal attendances, how the fcuk do yous survive?, a Rovers official told me 610 of us 350 of yous, pathetic home crowd for a cup game.
    The arrogance of Shams fans is really quite breath takeing.
    At least Longford officials know how to count-No small time antics re. the attendance.
    Aww that huwted my feelings.
    Its posts like the above from someone who was 150 miles away that give Rovers fans ammunition against this site.
    If you have nothing constructive to say,say nothing.
    The only time Shams fans would be happy with this site is when every fan on this are grovelling at the feet of Shams and appealing to your clearly over inflated sense of importance.
    Dont kid yourselves that it is anything rational, "ohh no someone on an internet forum slagged me off", boo hoo.
    But if posts like mine help perpetuate the worst boycott in history then smiles all round.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    If, as you say, that was an increase on normal attendances, how the fcuk do yous survive?
    I'd say their wage bill is a bit smaller than Shamrock Rovers?? A Longford fan could probably confirm this for you.

whats the crack with employin your local pub bouncers as stewards? What experience have they got as match day officials? I'll tell you, none.
    Who do you suggest they employ? Some of the local Longford Professional Matchday Steward companies 1500 employees??

It's a pity they weren't as professional and thorough as the stewards in Tallaght who allowed someone to walk across the pitch to fall around infront of Gary Rogers and left it to the St Pats players to remove him.

People in (rented)glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

They stood in front of our section peering in tryin to entice some of our ******* section into doin something stupid,
    Getting wound up by a steward "peering" when you're supposed to be watching a match.

55 minutes to get from the ground to the top end of the town, bleedin disaster.
    Implying Longford Town FC are somehow at fault for traffic problems in the town of Longford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I'd say their wage bill is a bit smaller than Shamrock Rovers?? A Longford fan could probably confirm this for you.
    I was mearly stating that a game such as last night in the cup against Rovers at home could only attract a small home crowd, which was apparantly a big increse on the norm and I wondered how they survive day to day. But of course Rovers fans asking a question on here is taboo to some.

Who do you suggest they employ? Some of the local Longford Professional Matchday Steward companies 1500 employees??

It's a pity they weren't as professional and thorough as the stewards in Tallaght who allowed someone to walk across the pitch to fall around infront of Gary Rogers and left it to the St Pats players to remove him.
    The stewards in Tallaght weren't standing up in front of the crowd refusing to move as they were blocking some peoples view, they were extremely antagonistic towards anyone who asked them to crouch down and were obviously lookin to stir the preverbial for that reason they were scumbags.

Implying Longford Town FC are somehow at fault for traffic problems in the town of Longford.
    Where did I imply the traffic situation had anything to do with ltfc? I simply stated that it's a cnut of a town to get out of after a game, which it is. But you go ahead and try to suggest this sort of sh-ite if it makes you feel important

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I was mearly stating that a game such as last night in the cup against Rovers at home could only attract a small home crowd, which was apparantly a big increse on the norm and I wondered how they survive day to day.
    You didn't ask "how they do survive?" though.

You asked:
    If, as you say, that was an increase on normal attendances, how the fcuk do yous survive?
    Then followed it up with:
    a Rovers official told me 610 of us 350 of yous, pathetic home crowd for a cup game.
    You know, like the way an annoyed 12 year old might ask a question.

But of course Rovers fans asking a question on here is taboo to some.
    It's all a big anti Rovers conspiracy!!! TO THE BOATS!! TO THE BOATS!!

The stewards in Tallaght weren't standing up in front of the crowd refusing to move as they were blocking some peoples view
    When are you tallking about??

Was this on the night when they allowed someone to walk onto the pitch and fall around infront of Gary Rogers before leaving it to the Pats players to drag him off??

They weren't blocking anyones view though?? Cool.

they were extremely antagonistic towards anyone who asked them to crouch down
    Throwing shapes like??

As a steward I'd imagine they would be able to see more of what's going on standing up.

and were obviously lookin to stir the preverbial for that reason they were scumbags.
    Calling somebody a scumbag because they wouldn't sit down when you told them to.

Where did I imply the traffic situation had anything to do with ltfc? I simply stated that it's a cnut of a town to get out of after a game, which it is.
    Fair Enough, I misread your point, I'm really sorry.

But you go ahead and try to suggest this sort of sh-ite if it makes you feel important
    Thinking t'internet is important.

Model Club

People in (rented)glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Getting wound up by a steward "peering" when you're supposed to be watching a match.

The usual black v white attitude delievered in the usual multi quote text. Some of your points are worth considering but then you throw in "renting" just for a laugh,I'd imagine.

Now don't get me wrong,I have no problem renting.Its other fans fascination with us renting that I find quite sad.In fact its renting that will ensure Rovers long term survival in that no developer will come in to try and buy the land as has happened with LOI clubs,gaa clubs even golf clubs.

The use of renting where there is no need in this case just shows that small time mentality again.

As for the "boycott" mentioned by "Rasputin".There is none.Was never one and probably will never be one.If an individual posters choose not to post then thats up to them.Me,well I'm never one to sheirk a disagreement so here I am.The "boycott" line usually gets thrown in when a poster hasnt got a leg to stand on,just before the spelling and punctuation card is produced.

Then we have a percieved arrogance.Not from me.I know where we've been and I know there is nothing worse than bigging yourself up only to be knocked down.Can't see Rovers fans ever using (eg) "big club" as a tag because its so easy to knock with something as simple as the attendance at the bray fixture last week.

The matchday set up at Longford last night was not a very pleasant one.
    Body-searched,2 portaloos(One men,one women so in essence one portaloo for 580 men!),12 steward blocking the view standing eye-balling fans.Some will say we bring it on ourselves but then these little things are easily avoided.If we are so bad why allow both sets of supporters out at the same time.I thought standard practise was to hold away fans back?
    Although LTFC arn't responsible for the traffic,surley its not beyond the realms of posibility for 1 of the gards zooming up and down the Stroketown rd to direct traffic at the busy T-junction in the town centre-Again a little thing that would make the match day experience a little less of a chore.

If arrogance is not wanting to que for 15 mins for a leak then so be it!

Model Club
    Limerick fans are clearly obsessed.
    Such jealousy on show.
    Seriously,How are you not barred for wumming?You add nothing,inject yourself into discussions you know nothing about using broad sterotypes and when questioned on specifics you churn out the same worn out topic such as,Boycotts,arrogance of Rovers fans,renting,racism and hooligan jibes.You cant even accept your club cheated mine and the FAI from the split of around 800 paying customers despite EVERYONE agreeing that the sligos attendance figure was a sham!

Then theres the "thanks" at the end of every post derogatory about Rovers .

Sad fool or WUM-At least you shouldn't be barred for being a sad fool!

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,652 Posts
    As for the "boycott" mentioned by "Rasputin".There is none.Was never one and probably will never be one.If an individual posters choose not to post then thats up to them.Me,well I'm never one to sheirk a disagreement so here I am.The "boycott" line usually gets thrown in when a poster hasnt got a leg to stand on,just before the spelling and punctuation card is produced.
    you need to check out the thread on ultrasforum that talks about the boycott of this site and slams poor ol Ciaran W and the other Rovers fans that post here.

It's "hasn't" by the way.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    The usual black v white attitude delievered in the usual multi quote text.
    I multi quote cos I find it easier to read and that innit. You'd be surprised how little thought I put into my posting style.

Some of your points are worth considering but then you throw in "renting" just for a laugh,I'd imagine
    1000%.

I'm just wiling away the time posting and watching Soccer Saturday while I'm waiting for a loan of a lawnmower tbf.

Still, having spotted that I was only having a laugh, instead of arguing some of the points you say are worth considering (thanks very much btw) you have a tiny little cry about other clubs, small time, etc.

Here:

Now don't get me wrong,I have no problem renting.Its other fans fascination with us renting that I find quite sad.In fact its renting that will ensure Rovers long term survival in that no developer will come in to try and buy the land as has happened with LOI clubs,gaa clubs even golf clubs.

The use of renting where there is no need in this case just shows that small time mentality again.
    LOL!!!!

Providing further evidence that the actual obsession could actaully lie with Rovers fans being obsessed about other fans being obsessed with them.

The matchday set up at Longford last night was not a very pleasant one.
    Welcome to Division One.

Body-searched
    That's fair enough aslong as there was a Guard there. If there wasn't then you shouldn't have let them do it.

2 portaloos(One men,one women so in essence one portaloo for 580 men!),
    You should see the toilets under the Main Stand!!

12 steward blocking the view standing eye-balling fans.
    Why is an eyeballing steward worthy of anything more than a laugh??

As for blocking the view, I assume they can see more standing up, just look around them or move a foot to your left or right. It's a tiny little bit inconvenient but it's certainly preferrable to a situation where the stewarding is so lax that a fan can walk on to the pitch, fall around infront of Gary Rogers and then have it left to Pats players to drag him off.

Some will say we bring it on ourselves but then these little things are easily avoided.
    I agree, Shamrock Rovers fans should behave better on their travels and the board should be seen publicly to make examples of those who don't.

If we are so bad why allow both sets of supporters out at the same time.
    I have no idea, sounds like a strange one and a question for the Longofrd Event Controller.

Although LTFC arn't responsible for the traffic,surley its not beyond the realms of posibility for 1 of the gards zooming up and down the Stroketown rd to direct traffic at the busy T-junction in the town centre
    Garda incompetence is a whole other issue which has nothing to do with football as such tbf. Like for example often in Limerick if Munster are playing the gurads will simply turn off alll the traffic lights around the town and leave it to people to sort it out among themselves!

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    you need to check out the thread on ultrasforum that talks about the boycott of this site and slams poor ol Ciaran W and the other Rovers fans that post here.

It's "hasn't" by the way.
    Believe me I have seen it but my point stands.Individuals choose to post here-Individuals choose not too.I won't have anyone(except a mod or admin obviously)tell me where I can or can't post however some Rovers fans often make a show of the club on here not to mention talking out of school.

Would you believe I checked the quoted post for spelling mistakes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,652 Posts
    Would you believe I checked the quoted post for spelling mistakes
    would you believe i just caught it's at the last second before i posted

Model Club
    I multi quote cos I find it easier to read and that innit. You'd be surprised how little thought I put into my posting style.

1000%.

I'm just wiling away the time posting and watching Soccer Saturday while I'm waiting for a loan of a lawnmower tbf.

Still, having spotted that I was only having a laugh, instead of arguing some of the points you say are worth considering (thanks very much btw) you have a tiny little cry about other clubs, small time, etc.

Here:

LOL!!!!

Providing further evidence that the actual obsession could actaully lie with Rovers fans being obsessed about other fans being obsessed with them.

Welcome to Division One.

That's fair enough aslong as there was a Guard there. If there wasn't then you shouldn't have let them do it.

You should see the toilets under the Main Stand!!

Why is an eyeballing steward worthy of anything more than a laugh??

As for blocking the view, I assume they can see more standing up, just look around them or move a foot to your left or right. It's a tiny little bit inconvenient but it's certainly preferrable to a situation where the stewarding is so lax that a fan can walk on to the pitch, fall around infront of Gary Rogers and then have it left to Pats players to drag him off.

I agree, Shamrock Rovers fans should behave better on their travels and the board should be seen publicly to make examples of those who don't.

I have no idea, sounds like a strange one and a question for the Longofrd Event Controller.

Garda incompetence is a whole other issue which has nothing to do with football as such tbf. Like for example often in Limerick if Munster are playing the gurads will simply turn off alll the traffic lights around the town and leave it to people to sort it out among themselves!
    Surely "having a laugh" is another way of admitting to Wumming?

The obsession example is a cop out and a more intelligent way of saying "I know i am but what are you" or some similar playground game.
    Another cop out is the "div. 1" jibe.No excuse and depicts of a set of clubs who have thrown in the towel until they reach the promised land of the premier.Thank God we didnt adapt that approach when in div. 1.

The toilets under the main stand are wholey adequate and you brushing it off will not excuse the fact that 1 portaloo isn't.

Stewards should be in a position to react to a situation not creating one.

I don't mind being searched as I have nothing to hide.It's the fact that they deem us worthy of a searching that again could create a bad vibe whem it's not needed.

Hard to take you or some others serious when you admit to having a laugh at my clubs expense.I obviously have a higher regard for SRFC than you do for Limerick.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast