Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: League Cup shenanigans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    On numerous occasions I recall ollie Byrne (RIP) justify his position on representing Shels, It was narrow minded then and is narrow minded now. How can Derry look to be facilitated over fixtures again when they refuse a request from another club ?
    Are you serious? You might want to ask your board how many times in recent seasons they have turned down requests for fixtures rescheduling. Most people make the request, if they get it then happy days, if they don't they move on.

As for facilitating, perhaps you might want to ask whoever representated Bohs at the Setanta draw just how little Derry were "facilitated" at that shambles......
    Last edited by MariborKev; 23/09/2009 at 2:12 PM.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Imagine evil Derry wanting to give themselves the best possible chance of beating a team who has made a deal with the FAI (which was wrongly and unfairly reneged on by the FAI)to give them the best chance of beating Derry!!

Was it narrow-minded of Bohs to give away the possibility of home advantage against Waterford in order to be in a better condition to play Derry?
    Not surprised at derry attitude just(AGAIN - how many times ??) just expect them to reap the rewards when next they seek an "accomadation" in the future 9and the cycle goes on).

Bohs did not seek an advantage as they did not seek to have the fixture moved from the original date (this occured due to the cup final - remember ????????). In the circumstances they sought NOT to be disadvantaged in the resheduling - if this is your interpretation of "narrow minded" then fine, it is not mine or dare I say most fans.

there are none so blind...............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Yep. As I said previously I hope Derry City never have the cheek in the future to seek an "accomadation!" around fixtures.
    Fair dues on looking after themselves... much as Ollie Byrne did and Tom Coughlan did and.....
    Such narrowminded thinking is what is so detrimental to the game here. Result - Devalued League Cup final, unfair League advantage, Yes a great result for football in Ireland
    Marinobohs, I think you've lost all perspective on this issue. Your arguments just don't stack up really and with comments like the above you've lost all credibility. Time to get over it maybe and stop making a show of yourself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MariborKev View Post
    Are you serious? You might want to ask your board how many times in recent seasons they have turned down requests for fixtures rescheduling. Most people make the request, if they get it then happy days, if they don't they move on.

As for facilitating, perhaps you might want to ask whoever representated Bohs at the Setanta draw just how little Derry were "facilitated" at that shambles......
    so that makes Derry stance right ? My original point waas the need for ALL clubs to be more facilitating, for god's sake read back (AN EYE FOR AN EYE etc etc..).
    Congrats to derry you got you're own back on Bohs over fixture scheduling. Happy days !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong2008 View Post
    Marinobohs, I think you've lost all perspective on this issue.
    You said it.
    The argument has got so pointless now it's not true. Page 10? Love of Jesus!
    (and that 'Delaney sorting out Waterford' suggestion is positively retarded btw - the suggestion I'll say again)

The question "what are you really angry about?" springs to mind.

Quickly followed by the answer maybe?

the idiotic 65% rule introduced by the same FAI
    Last edited by stann; 23/09/2009 at 2:37 PM.
    more bass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Marinobohs, I think you've lost all perspective on this issue. Your arguments just don't stack up really and with comments like the above you've lost all credibility. Time to get over it maybe and stop making a show of yourself?
    why exactly ? because it does not involve Sligo ? Do you believe what occured was right for football,? Or does it not matter as long as it affects Bohs ? Would it be "fair" to expect Sligo to choose between playing your first team in the cup final or a an important league game ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stann View Post
    You said it.
    The argument has got so pointless now it's not true.
    (and that 'Delaney sorting out Waterford' suggestion is positively retarded btw - the suggestion I'll say again)

The question "what are you really angry about?" springs to mind.

Quickly followed by the answer maybe?
    Delaney and/or the FAI DID "sort out" home advantage for Waterford - FACT. Whether you like it or not this is the national authority seeking advantage for one club in a cup final.
    My reference to the 65% rule was in the context of resources and scheduling and no other. Again don't make arguments for me that are not correct. Feel free to express your own views but not mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    so that makes Derry stance right ? My original point waas the need for ALL clubs to be more facilitating, for god's sake read back (AN EYE FOR AN EYE etc etc..).
    Congrats to derry you got you're own back on Bohs over fixture scheduling. Happy days !
    Right, there is being facilitating and harming your own chances.

1. Did Bohs give us adequate notice when they requested the change?
    2. Were the alternatives suggested massively different to the current arrangement?

Derry are going for 3rd spot and Europe. Therefore the timing of our games is important. Perhaps if it was a European game you could throw out a "for the good of the League" argument. However here, I think it falls into Mr A argument of success= fixture congestion. I'd say that Derry will lose out anyway due to the fact that the game has been moved from a Friday to a Tuesday and the crowd will be lower.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Post removed

Breach of the new rules

http://foot.ie/forums/announcement.php?f=14&a=116
    Last edited by MariborKev; 23/09/2009 at 2:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    why exactly ? because it does not involve Sligo ? Do you believe what occured was right for football,? Or does it not matter as long as it affects Bohs ? Would it be "fair" to expect Sligo to choose between playing your first team in the cup final or a an important league game ?
    Yeah, that's why.
    I was only reading this thread as an interested observer. Fenlon has hidden behind the threat of a fine to mask the truth of what happened. The fact is nobody knows what happened and that suits him for the "everybody is against us" mentality that he wishes to encourage among his now stuttering squad.
    Beat of luck to him. He's a pro and he'll get on with it now. Maybe you should to?
    Save yourself a nervous breakdown man. It aint worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Delaney and/or the FAI DID "sort out" home advantage for Waterford - FACT. Whether you like it or not this is the national authority seeking advantage for one club in a cup final.
    My reference to the 65% rule was in the context of resources and scheduling and no other. Again don't make arguments for me that are not correct. Feel free to express your own views but not mine

We're even hoping Delaney will move the Rovers v Bohs game down here, get some people through the gates. Good oul John will sort us out......
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    bearing in mind that the idiotic 65% rule introduced by the same FAI has led to smaller squads ).).
    I think you have just lost the argument
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    Yeah, that's why.
    I was only reading this thread as an interested observer. Fenlon has hidden behind the threat of a fine to mask the truth of what happened. The fact is nobody knows what happened and that suits him for the "everybody is against us" mentality that he wishes to encourage among his now stuttering squad.
    Beat of luck to him. He's a pro and he'll get on with it now. Maybe you should to?
    Save yourself a nervous breakdown man. It aint worth it.
    though im letting this issue/non-issue die i think thats a bit unfair. I dont think he is using this to create an us v. the world mentality. There are far more incidents over the last month or two that would be better suited towards that. I genuinely think that he feels majorly aggrieved by this - whoever is at fault be it Bohs, the FAI, Derry or the man in the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    That's the thing, whoever's "fault" it is, Derry can hardly be at the fault?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Any word from the Bohs board on this yet, any official response to the FAI statement? Deal or no deal?

As Kev has already pointed out, DCFC are losing out on this as well, moving the game from the Friday to the Tuesday
    Last edited by VinnyDCFC; 23/09/2009 at 3:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    That's the thing, whoever's "fault" it is, Derry can hardly be at the fault?
    im not getting into that again, its been done to death by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    We were asked by Bohs to considering rescheduling a game, which had already been rescheduled.

We refused, as we are entitled to do. And we're to blame how?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have to say I don't think this is Derry's fault in any way, shape or form.

It is the fault of whoever gave Pat Fenlon the impression that there was a trade-off for playing the League Cup final in Waterford.

As I said in the original post, if I can remember back that far, Fenlon would be well justified in taking a reserve squad to Waterford, if he thinks that bringing a full one would impact on prospects for the real prize, which is the League.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    We were asked by Bohs to considering rescheduling a game, which had already been rescheduled.

We refused, as we are entitled to do. And we're to blame how?
    why are you trying to rope me into defending an accusation i never even made in the first place?! My point has been consistent, the FAI are to blame in my opinion. I mentioned Derry and Bohs as blame has been levelled at both parties by other posters in this thread.

Anyway, as i said, this is done as far as im concerned - i only wished to address the point that Dong2008 made which i felt was a bit inaccurate. Stop trying to drag this out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    no, keep going. i fully expect this thread to still be going when i return from magaluf in two weeks time.
    i believe in one man, one vote. i should be that one man with that one vote.

ALWAYS ON TOUR!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910