Watchted "The Grey" last night ... 2 word honest review ... Horse Sh!te

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Watchted "The Grey" last night ... 2 word honest review ... Horse Sh!te
    I've heard that alright ..... very poor reviews it has to be said. Not worth the trouble in watching it to confirm it.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    "Killer Elite"-crap, turned it off half way thru.
    "Contraband"- crap, fast forwarded thru most of it.
    Really running out of films to rent from Netflix, when I have to get these two flicks.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Just watched the grey. Didn't think it was that bad. Decent enough storyline even if it was a bit predictable as it went on. Not one I will watch again but as a once off I thought it was enjoyable.

Watched Good Will Hunting for the first time about 2 weeks ago. Excellent film and not what I expected at all. I don't know why but when I was younger I just had no interest in seeing it as I thought from the name of it it would be rubbish.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    A kind of agree with what is said about The Grey, the cgi isn't the best (if it ever is) but the ending is pure Irish, so that rescued it a little for me.

Save Prometheus last weekend, I only remembered about 20minutes in that it's the prequel to Alien, which I hoped would save it in my mind. But it ended up as absolute rubbish. It just tried to do too much with too little. Only for the cost of the ticket (it was in 3d) I'd have left before the hour. 2/10 (for music)

Madagascar 3 - enjoyed it (only saw the first one years ago in the cinema) and it had some nice jokes. Julien the Lemur and his acolytes stole the show when they were on screen. One for kiddies though, but if you've arrived late for MIB 3, why not. 5/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Top Cat: The Movie - Rubbish. Whomever conceived this really didn't care about sticking to what made the original series good, instead everything screams "that'll do fine". The CGI looked out of place in parts, some of the jokes made no sense, Top Cat doesn't have the same charm or likeability as the original and same with some of the other characters. It's trying to reintroduce a classic show to a modern audience but made a complete balls of it. 1/10

Nazi Sky- The Nazi's set up a secret base on the moon(before WW2 ended) and they are plotting to return in 2018. Weird Sci-Fi/Comedy film but was quite enjoyable. Few funny bits from the Sarah Palin type character as US President. They've a lot of flying saucers! 8/10

Chernobyl Diaries - Spud gave a good review of this as someone who's visited there. I've not visited yet so can't comprehend the realism of it happening there. Tour guide sneaks a group of tourists into the abandoned city of Pripyat, tour guide goes missing and they quickly realise they are not alone. Fairly predictable in parts, and a few obvious plot holes. Nevertheless, enjoyable enough watch. 6/10
    Last edited by horton; 18/06/2012 at 3:13 PM.
    For once maybe someone will call me "sir" without adding "you're making a scene."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Just watched Cyrus on HBO -- didn't know what to expect as I'd never seen a trailer but it did get a pretty high rating amongst critics on Rotten Tomatoes plus had a decent cast so I gave it a go. Came away pretty disappointed though there were a few funny moments. 5/10
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    That's my boy - I saw it first in Russian, then online in english, no real difference as both were funny. Some parts were a bit awkward, maybe a bit too ott for Adam Sandler and definitely not for a younger audience like Waterboy etc. Some good laughs, nice story and a very sexy cameo from Susan Sarandon. Not one of his best movies, but worth a look. 5/10

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - I recreated a scene from this in Egypt a couple of months ago, so it was fun. Everybody, and I mean, everybody, know the "ah, chilled monkey brains" bit. The Russian version is a bit more gruesome than the one I remember from home. The mad priest plunges his hand into the guys chest for his heart and then the opening heals, and then the guy burns to death in stages. Still a great movie, funny acting, good story and the stunts still make you duck and weave. Perfect set up for the Rovers game tonight! 8/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    So nobody's seen the dark knight rises?

Also who knew steve carell was a pat's fan?

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Killer Joe 7/10
    Matthew Mcconaughey is brilliant (if he's creepy in Magic Mike, it's a whole other level in this) as is Juno Temple. It's extremely dark humour and fairly graphic in places. My kind of film really. Well worth checking out.

Dark Knight Rises 8/10
    There's no stand out performance akin to Heath Ledger's Joker and there's a few mildly irritating plot holes but as a blockbuster, epic, type film it's about as much as could be asked for. Definitely didn't feel the 2hrs and 40mins going bye. I did ruin one of the main plot twists for myself by reading spoilers months ago though.

Magic Mike 6/10
    It made me moist in my lady garden. Or it might have done had I been that way inclined and had a lady garden. It's funny, Matthew Mcconaughey is as creepy as ever, Kevin Nash of WWF fame appears and I definitely learned a few new moves. The ending is a bit of a let down and the story line is not the strongest but it was entertaining enough. And it's impossible not to be impressed by Channing Tatum's dancing. Seriously.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - I'd read about the movie, thought about watching online, then it was on in an english language cinema (with russian subtitles) and figured to take herself. One of the best movies I've seen this year. Some excellent performances, nice storyline with twists, some very funny moments and I don't think there was a week performance from anyone (and even some hot Indian chicks thrown in). Well written, funny, touching, nice, didn't really want it to end and would love a part II. 9/10.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Finally got round to seeing "The Dark Knight Rises" good show put at over 2.5 hours did think it dragged out a wee bit.
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We bought a zoo 8/10
    the Mrs was picking films over the weekend, and when she suggested this i nearly hit the roof.
    But it actually turned out to be quite a good film, storyline was ok but when i found out at the end it was a true story was even more impressed. Plus Scarlett Johansson was in it.

Into the wild 9/10
    This was my choice, Could not reccomend it more. Great watch and a great storyline.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Rented John Carter last night. Decent action film but nothing special 6.8/10
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Ted - watched it, liked it, Mila Kunis was a pleasant change from the usual whiny g/f, good writing, some funny bits, nothing too ott, nothing too rude, a funny piece with Norah Jones. Marky Mark is a better actor than he was allowed to be in this, loved the Flash Gordon thread. Giovanni Ribisi was good as always. Nice movie, worth a watch, then discard. 6/10

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    The Dark Knight Rises- GASH. That is all.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    21 Jump St
    Very enjoyable. Some very funny moments and really enjoyed it.
    And Brie Larson. Phwoar.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    The Raven

John Cusack stars as Edgar Allen Poe who gets caught up in a serial killing in which the killer is using Poe's books as inspiration for his crimes,Brendan Gleeson stars as a grumpy prospective father in law,set back in time so a bit costumey but I enjoyed it. 7.5/10.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    I'm with Bonnieshels on 21 Jump st., funny throwaway movie.

Saw Total Recall and expected, well, I don't know what I expected. It was better, visually, than the old one and had some funny lines, but nothing like the original. Good acting by Colin Farrell yet he suffers from Arnie comparisons. The 2 female characters were good, the father from Malcolm in the Middle just looked out of place as the bad guy (Bryan Cranston?) and there were moments where it's easy to get confused. In a nutshell it's all about a land war after a chemical war. One particular character wasn't in the new one and it suffered as a result (you'll know who when you see). Worth a look, especially if you dig a ripped Colin farrell in his pants, and Kate Beckinsdale in her pants too. 5/10

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Man On A Ledge,

Ex cop (your man in the wheelchair out of Avatar) goes out on a ledge of a tall New York City building saying he's going to jump but seems to have another agenda as he's taking his time about it,Jamie Bell,Ed Burns and a cute Latino girl co star,doesn't rip up any trees.6/10.

Page 68 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast