Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2100

Thread: The Derry City thread - Derry sign first four players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    Shiba shame on you for your comments i can think of any other Sligo Rovers fan that would share your view.

Hope to see DCFC in a year or two.
    What comments ? That bascially Derry have gone punished for Cheating!

Its tough on the fans I admitt but facts are facts.

Im actually more gutted for the league as its not looking good from one season to the next.
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    A sad day alright. Great fans and brought something to the league I felt.
    As was said, it could have been us last year and there aren't many fans who can say something like this could never happen at their club.
    Apart from UCD. Those guys freak me out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong2008 View Post
    As was said, it could have been us last year and there aren't many fans who can say something like this could never happen at their club.
    Apart from UCD. Those guys freak me out.
    We're extremely lucky in that we seem to have a structure and mentality at the club that allows us to cut back when we have to. A couple of personnel changes or some terrible luck, and who knows? All I can say is that I like to think we'd be the first people to criticise mismanagement at our own club, but I don't doubt we'd have the same blind spots as everyone else.
    You can't spell failure without FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very sad day for Derry City fans and all fans of the league of Ireland if we do not see them back next year.
    I cannot see any logic in Derry playing in the A championship - with such a large fan base, good facilities they would be of huge benefit in the 1st division. They would definately challenge for the title and the crowds they bring to away games would add plenty of colour.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Stephen Kenny and some of current board have eventually brought the club to its knees. Shame on them! I really feel sorry for all those DCFC supporters who have backed the club thick and thin through the years, the colour and atmosphere will be missed throughout the league.

rerun
    From posts on this forum a while back it seems like this kind of practice was common, or at least not unknown. City got caught, that's the difference. People in glasshouses and all that. Gutted, but probably deserved. The league needs tougher regulation as a whole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexy View Post
    Shiba ur an idiot, wait till fai checks over your accounts and sees how cook is able to afford the englisgh players on your books because bet they have 2nd contracts too
    A bit childish! Bet they have 2nd contracts to.If they have I think we should be punished accordly too.Dont believe in cheating !

Simple as that! Ye cheated! Has your team taken points for say Shams that may have won them a league title. Or any other team that may have cost them money.For each place in the league the prize money goes up.

Look I sympathy for the fans as they always added somthing to a game but have none what so ever for the club.
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    johnno get your gun

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Good Luck Derry.

Hope they partially win an appeal and get back into Division One.

And they and all the EL/IL clubs try to learn to live within their means.....even if it means aiming lower.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiba View Post
    A bit childish! Bet they have 2nd contracts to.If they have I think we should be punished accordly too.Dont believe in cheating !

Simple as that! Ye cheated! Has your team taken points for say Shams that may have won them a league title. Or any other team that may have cost them money.For each place in the league the prize money goes up.

Look I sympathy for the fans as they always added somthing to a game but have none what so ever for the club.
    Shiba not childish as I said earlier this is gona open a WHOLE CAN OF WORMS WITH the Licencin. Derry arent the only club who have broken the rules with having 2nd contracts for their players, but for you to come on here and say Sligo are innocent is an insult, other managers players directors will be biting their finger nails tonight worried that they will now be caught up in this and I can tell you Sligo are one of the teams that some players have 2nd contracts. It was an ex DCFC player who has blowen the whistle on the 2nd contracts for the Club showed evidence to the FAI and Derry were hawled forward on thursday to xplain themselves, with the final decision today, so it wont be the last you hear of it. I condone these 2nd contracts and think the players are well over paid they have to take some responsibility in this as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rerun View Post
    From posts on this forum a while back it seems like this kind of practice was common, or at least not unknown. City got caught, that's the difference. People in glasshouses and all that. Gutted, but probably deserved. The league needs tougher regulation as a whole.
    I know Ive upset some of ur counterparts but your exactly right! I feel the league are letting things go to far before they decide to act.Like any good organisation memebers need to be Audited regulary!
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Derry Gone From League

Derry City have been thrown out of the league
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1107/derrycity.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    yeah...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    It was coming, but it's still crap.

I feel sorry for the fans and employees of the club. Those board members should be hounded out off the island.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Can anyone explain exactly what those unofficial contracts entailed or what it was about and why they were offered?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexy View Post
    Shiba not childish as I said earlier this is gona open a WHOLE CAN OF WORMS WITH the Licencin. Derry arent the only club who have broken the rules with having 2nd contracts for their players, but for you to come on here and say Sligo are innocent is an insult, other managers players directors will be biting their finger nails tonight worried that they will now be caught up in this and I can tell you Sligo are one of the teams that some players have 2nd contracts. It was an ex DCFC player who has blowen the whistle on the 2nd contracts for the Club showed evidence to the FAI and Derry were hawled forward on thursday to xplain themselves, with the final decision today, so it wont be the last you hear of it. I condone these 2nd contracts and think the players are well over paid they have to take some responsibility in this as well
    I have never once said Sligo are innocent.I said that people in Glasshouse's shouldn't throw stone.As I said when we had our problems when were told not punch above our weight and that when begged Cook to come back we were laughed at .Alot of derry fans came on stating these messages.As I said if we are guilty of cheating then we should be punished accordly.I really hope we are and that no other team is found to be doing this as then the league is finished.Im in no doubt that this is a serious Issue and the fallout is going to be serious beyond anything that has gone on before.Look I really hope derry are back playing football sooner rather than later.It does'nt matter who blew the whistle on the club.I also agree bout other teams sh*tn themselves so its going to be a winter of discontent "AGAIN".
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    Can anyone explain exactly what those unofficial contracts entailed or what it was about and why they were offered?
    Not completely sure but I think they were being paid contracts while paying no tax or something

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Post from Derry forum:

With a heavy notebook and and even heavier heart Pat McDaid stood in front the reception of the FAI HQ in abbotstown this evening still obviously reeling from the news which he had just received from John Delaney.

Mr McDaid outlined his feelings on what he described as the unfair and unjust way that Derry City Football Club had been treated by the powers that be in the Capital. In what he called a "Kangaroo court" he outlined that he was taken outside at one stage by Fran Gavin and asked to do an under the table deal with him, a deal which Mr McDaid refused to take any part in.

In his statement to the press John Delaney claimed that at a meeting Between the FAI and Derry City fc on Wednesday evening the representatives from Derry City had admitted that there were dual contracts for over 20 players at the club a claim that Derry City Chairman McDaid completely refuted. He claimed that he was present at that meeting and that no such admission ever happened and in fact the only contract that the FAI could bring forward was that of a player who signed for the club in January 2008 but his official contract was signed two weeks later.

Derry City Solicitor Mr Des Doherty then confirmed that he had requested that the FAI produce the minutes from this meeting in Derry to which he was told there were none taken.

When he asked to see the Contract which was the FAI's main piece of evidence he had to wait two hours for the FAI to produce it and when it did arrive it was handed to Mr Doherty along with their ruling. When Mr Doherty produced a copy of an FAI official players contract he showed the FAI representatives section 27 and 28 on the back which stated that this contract over rules any other contact that the player has with the club.

Mr Doherty stated that he along with his clients will be looking into a form of appeal through the courts in this matter as the FAI had claimed that there is no form of appeal of their judgement.

When asked what this step would mean to the clubs now involved in the Playoff games on tuesday night Mr McDaid asked for the clubs involved to look into their conscience before they take to the pitch.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    From extratime.ie:
    Speaking with a Derry City official after the press conference, he claimed that only one player had been the subject of a second contract, whilst the FAI claimed 20. He also stated that the FAI were "out to get them and had an agenda against Derry City FC". Full interview with the parties involved will be available on the site later.
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Post from Derry forum:
    What. The. ****.
    You can't spell failure without FAI