Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Fixture changes.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    It doesn't necessarily have to mean an increase in cost of wages. A player who's on a 40-week contract should be able to get it into his thick skull that he's going to get a bit less each week over 44 weeks, or a fair bit less but a lot more stability by getting paid the same amount over 52 weeks.
    That's the logical thing alright.

Just not entirely sure if "logical" is something that applied in the LoI! Some may claim social welfare during the pre-season, for example, and a longer season for the same gross pay would eat into that.

I don't think these are things that need hold up the development of the league of course - and moving it on is the most important thing at present. But they do need to be considered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    The game was over at half-time. Cork tired badly in the second half. We actually set up correctly after half time when Dunne realised the dreadful error he made using a 3-5-2 and his team selection was also baffling. Why he used that formation, nobody will ever know... it was bizarre.

It's time for us to return to 4-4-2 or go with a 4-3-3, we did that against Finn Harps last week and we dominated the opening 60 minutes, scoring 3 and having a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out, but then we tired and let them back into it.
    Saw the picture posted alright, but I don't think it's the cross that was flagged rather the initial pass out to Faherty on the wing. Watch back Soccer Republic footage, Faherty looks offside when the ball is played out to him right before it's crossed in.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I doubt many people expected Dundalk to qualifying for the group stages. At one nil down in Iceland back in July, that looked a very remote possibility.

Do we now plan the season on the assumption that at least one club qualifies for the group stages?
    Ye don't need to cancel every league game just cause you're in Europe. For the 7 weekends starting from Friday July 8th to Sunday August 21st ye played a grand total of 3 league games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    One of those games was brought forward to Tuesday 5th July and one was put back to Wednesday August 17th. Of the two remaining games, one was brought forward earlier in the season.

That leaves one of those game that is contributing to the current fixture congestion. Dundalk managed the fixtures around qualifying games quite well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    I'd be happy if that Dundalk game against us is down for Sunday 23rd Oct. Think we'd bring a good crowd with us too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I'd be happy if that Dundalk game against us is down for Sunday 23rd Oct. Think we'd bring a good crowd with us too.
    I think theres a good chance it will be. If Pats or Longford had their games against Dundalk fixed for that date then they would be playing it on 48 hours rest. Bohs have no game that Friday. It would make sense to put the Bogs game that day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Should clubs involved in European qualifiers be able play a domestic fixture 3 days later, if it allows at least 4 days ahead of their next European game?

With players coming through the underage leagues, July and hopefully August seems a time for clubs involved in Europe to utilise their squads to best suit their priorities at that time.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Our games have been confirmed. Pats away on Monday 17th and Wexford on Monday 24th.
    Pats are scheduled to play Bray on Saturday the 15th at the moment.

Real Ale Madrid had the run in correct

Code:
    DUNDALK              CORK CITY
    8th – Sligo (H)       Galway (A)
    11th – Cork (H)       Dundalk (A)
    14th – Rovers (A)     Harps (H)
    17th – Longford (A)   St. Pats (A)
    20th – Zenit (H)
    21st -                St. Pats (H)
    23rd – Bohs (H)       
    24th -                Wexford (H)
    25th – Pats (A)        
    28th – Galway (H)      Bray (A)
    03rd - Zenit (A)  
    06th FAI CUP FINAL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    The SSE Airtricity League Premier Division fixture between Bray Wanderers and St.Patrick's Athletic originally scheduled for Saturday, 15th October has been rescheduled for FRIDAY, 14th October at the Carlisle Grounds with a kick-off time of 7.45 pm.
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Saw the picture posted alright, but I don't think it's the cross that was flagged rather the initial pass out to Faherty on the wing. Watch back Soccer Republic footage, Faherty looks offside when the ball is played out to him right before it's crossed in.
    I was at the game and Faherty was well onside when Ludden played the ball to him. Granted, that's not totally clear from Soccer Republic but there is a 7 second delay (yes, I counted them!!) between Ludden's pass to Faherty and the ref blowing the whistle, and that is a big time delay in the context

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    I was at the game and Faherty was well onside when Ludden played the ball to him. Granted, that's not totally clear from Soccer Republic but there is a 7 second delay (yes, I counted them!!) between Ludden's pass to Faherty and the ref blowing the whistle, and that is a big time delay in the context
    But what about the linesmans flag? Obviously couldn't tell exactly from the footage, only putting it out there as a potential explanation.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    But what about the linesmans flag? Obviously couldn't tell exactly from the footage, only putting it out there as a potential explanation.
    I accept it's an attempted explanation, but just saying the flag didn't go up when Faherty got the ball. If there was a flag for Faherty, you'd imagine the ref would have noticed in the 7seconds it then took him to blow, especially as he had to have looked across at the linesman when following the flight of the cross

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I suppose I should not be surprised by this:

Kenny had been repeatedly expressed the hope the final round of games could be pushed back by 48 or 72 hours but Cork City boss John Caulfield vehemently opposed any such move and the association, despite having previously given the impression it might be flexible, appears to have shied away from a fight.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...rity-1.2818417

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    couldnt agree more.
    Kenny thinks his team should get special dispensation just cos they've a fixture backlog as a result of being moderately successfull.
    fair play to caulfield,
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    couldnt agree more.
    Kenny thinks his team should get special dispensation just cos they've a fixture backlog as a result of being moderately successfull.
    fair play to caulfield,
    Can you imagine how demanding Kenny will become if he manages some proper success?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Personally I wouldn't be opposed to extending the season but I can see why JC would stick to his guns on this. This backlog is of the clubs (both clubs - Pats are the only team who I'd feel a little sorry for) own making. It could have been managed better but the league has bent over backwards to help Dundalk out so far. The end of the season and cup final dates are written in stone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    For a country obsessed with the way things are done in England it is a wonder that the Cup Final is still the final game of the season!!

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    couldnt agree more.
    fair play to caulfield,
    Please persist with these half swipes at Dundalk and management PC as they are certainly entertaining with all the palpable frustration and resentment apparent for you - there is no doubt there is some satisfaction in seeing Rovers fans simply not cope with what could have been in Tallaght if a fuse hadnt been blown by that defeat to Bohs.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 07/10/2016 at 7:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Next season will be interesting we all start out again as mere mortals.

I wasn't on the forum back when we were in the group stages of the Europa league.....were we as patronising back then ?
    I can't speak for placid casual but I don't have any regrets about Kenny leaving. At that point he had won 1 league and 1 FAI cup in his Management career, how were we to know that he would become a football genius...or maybe its just his/Dundalks time....it happens and fair play.
    I'll be cheering for you against Zenit because its great to see the league getting talked about , even if it is by losers like Dunphy last night on the Ireland match.
    reflects well on all of the clubs in the league...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    couldnt agree more.
    fair play to caulfield,
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast