Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 16 of 154 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2016

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Reminds me of the Odd game last year. Difference is, this side is not as good on paper. Rovers fans must be sick of Nutsy at this stage...
    Was thinking the same thing myself. Very similar to Odds except they actually were quite a bit better than us and we raised our game - this lot are pretty poor and we were just worse. The second goal was farcical. A midfield of Cregg, McPhail and Killian Brennan wouldn't win a match in a nursing home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Was at the Rovers game. They really were awful against a very average looking side. I think Fenlon has another year and a half on the contract though- can they afford to get rid of another manager? Awful atmosphere around the place, really dead, resigned feeling about the place like I've never witnessed before.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Was at the Rovers game. They really were awful against a very average looking side. I think Fenlon has another year and a half on the contract though- can they afford to get rid of another manager? Awful atmosphere around the place, really dead, resigned feeling about the place like I've never witnessed before.
    You hit the nail on the head there. The whole of tallaght stadium appeared to be in a funk, apart from Miele. The Brennans were absolutely woeful.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    A year and a half, yeah. There's no point sacking him unless we have somebody better lined up who is happy to work on a reduced budget, which we don't. All we can do is hope Fenlon realises the likes of Brennan are contributing nothing and trust the younger players.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    How's Dean Clarke doing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    How's Dean Clarke doing?
    He's been in and out. Struggles a bit when he starts but usually has a good impact as a sub, as he did last night. I'd expect him to start a lot more for the rest of the season.

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    A year and a half, yeah. There's no point sacking him unless we have somebody better lined up who is happy to work on a reduced budget, which we don't. All we can do is hope Fenlon realises the likes of Brennan are contributing nothing and trust the younger players.
    There really is an incredible shortage of quality managers out there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    There really is an incredible shortage of quality managers out there
    The only man for the job is Sean Connor - solid and reliable, guaranteed entertainment, has an eye for a bargain, would have Bohs fans hysterical, he just ticks all the boxes!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    You hit the nail on the head there. The whole of tallaght stadium appeared to be in a funk, apart from Miele. The Brennans were absolutely woeful.
    The area under the TV gantry was certainly in one. Second time (out of less than 10 total visits) in Tallaght that there's been an overwhelming smell of the auld waccy stuff.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Fenlon just needs more time and understanding.

Perhaps Rovers should give him a long term contract - maybe a 5 year deal?

(maybe we could do a Denis O'Brien on it and subsidise his wages if that would help?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Fenlon just needs more time and understanding.

Perhaps Rovers should give him a long term contract - maybe a 5 year deal?

(maybe we could do a Denis O'Brien on it and subsidise his wages if that would help?)
    Unless you really want to see Jonathan Roche's head on a pike (well I don't know about you, but maybe Stephen Kenny would), I wouldn't recommend it. Fenlon's a good manager and he'll realise sooner or later who is and isn't doing the business, but it's probably too late to save his job beyond the end of his contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The only man for the job is Sean Connor - solid and reliable, guaranteed entertainment, has an eye for a bargain, would have Bohs fans hysterical, he just ticks all the boxes!!
    Let's imagine!

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Wow, when that gives a Galway fan a shiver down their spine, you know it's bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Let's imagine!

dahamsta, ban this punk.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    dahamsta, ban this punk.
    The Boss or Sean Connor?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Youll have to go in the home end, theres fierce hassle over tickets for City fans for this game.
    I was speaking to a couple of Linfield fans after the game, they seemed reasonable, so I asked them why they sent so few tickets to Cork.

Not so they said. They wanted the money and it is very easy to segregate fans in Windsor. They claim that they sent a lot of tickets to Cork but the club would't sell them.

Could be bullsh!t, but that is what they were saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I was speaking to a couple of Linfield fans after the game, they seemed reasonable, so I asked them why they sent so few tickets to Cork.

Not so they said. They wanted the money and it is very easy to segregate fans in Windsor. They claim that they sent a lot of tickets to Cork but the club would't sell them.

They are at least partially correct. The hassle was certainly on our end, not with Linfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    They are at least partially correct. The hassle was certainly on our end, not with Linfield.
    It looks like Cork fans will have a "real" Euro away tie to look forward to based on what I saw on Thursday.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    It looks like Cork fans will have a "real" Euro away tie to look forward to based on what I saw on Thursday.
    If so, they better watch out for "Paulinho" He's one of the best players in the League. And Häcken is a different team with him on the pitch. But he's been injury prone this season and therefore been on and off a bit for them. Still, second in goals with two other players in the league. But with approx 300 min less of playing time than the other two. And the current goal leader has left for Leeds.

Häcken plays a 4-3-3 system where they also like to keep the ball on the ground as much as possible with a fast passing game.
    Otherwise, they are most known for their transition-game, when they often use their wings alot, even the d. But their defensive game can be somewhat hollow at times.
    And they play on an artificial ground since last year.

The Swedish league has also been on a break since the end of May. Häcken now start up again on saturday against Hammarby at home. So they might be a bit rusty at the moment.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Cork City FC got all the tickets they wanted. But the club would only sell to members and season ticket holders. The ordinary fan were considered a "security risk" and were told to take a running jump.

The club eventually climbed down and sold to the general public for 1 hour with photo ID provided. (Probably because fans were selling tickets amongst themselves anyway).

Idiotic decisions by CCFC. And shows what the City hierarchy think of the ordinary fan.