Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Longford (Leinster Senior Cup)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Longford (Leinster Senior Cup)

Very encouraging performance by the Youths in IT Carlow as they accounted for Longford Town in the Leinster Senior Cup after extra time. Youths made eleven changes from the team which started against Bray and went with Matt Connor, Craig Wall, Paul Brennan, Andy Mulligan, John Peare, Conor O'Keeffe, Conor English, Speedy Whittle, Daryl Power, Conor Sutton and Owen McCormick. First half was slightly shaded by Longford but Wexford gave a good account of themselves. The pitch in Carlow is very fast and it rewards good passing. First 20 minutes was even enough and then, on 24 minutes, Wexford gave the ball away in their own half and Cowan crossed to give O'Sullivan for Longford an easy finish for 0-1. However, Wexford equalised just after the half hour when Craig Wall set Conor Engish free down the right and his powerful effort beat Molloy in the Longford goal at the near post for 1-1. Daryl Power then had a shot on target for the Youths which Molloy caught over his head before Connor in the Youths goal had to save with his feet from a good Longford effort. With four minutes to go in the half, Conor Sutton for Youths got a yellow when taking down O'Hanlon who was going through on goal, but the resulting free-kick was sent a yard wide. Earlier, Longford's Don Cowan had got a yellow for simulation which might have been harsh. 1-1 at half-time.
    Last edited by ForzaForth; 04/04/2016 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts
    Second half was even enough although Longford started it well when Wexford gave the ball away again in their own defence and O'Hanlon struck a powerful shot but it was straight at Connor in the Wexford goal.On ten minutes, Longford's O'Sullivan hit the middle of the crossbar with a powerful header. Wexford then found Andy Mulligan repeatedly down the left who gave the Longford right-full a torrid time and created good chances for English (2) and Whittle but they couldn't find the net past Molloy in the Longford goal. 1-1 at the end of the ninety minutes with Eric Molloy having come on for Daryl Power during the course of the second period. In the first half of extra time, Danny Ledwith and HopperKenny came on for the Youths and Longford appeared to run out of steam a bit. With three minutes to go in the first period of extra time, O'Keeffe made a dashing run down the right, crossed it beyond the far post where Andy Mulligan knocked it back to Hopper Kenny who finished well to put the Youths 2-1 ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts
    Longford applied some pressure in the second period of extra time, mainly through frees and corners into the area, but Wexford coped with Matt Connor looking very assured in the Wexford goal with any ball coming into the box at height. Best for Wexford were Craig Wall and Speedy Whittle in midfield, Andy Mulligan wide left and Matt Connor in goal, while the young defenders did well against the dangerous Longford strike-force of O'Hanlon, O'Sullivan and Cowan. 2-1 to the Youths at the end of extra time.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Forza was there any town fans that travelled down? I would imagine one or two board members would have made it...
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts
    Marty

Definitely some Longford supporters there but probably not more than a handful.

Longford subs on the night were Paul Skinner, Sean Kennedy O'Connor, Ciaran McGuinness and Cian Fay. Not certain which of these came on as no announcements were made at the match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Marty

Definitely some Longford supporters there but probably not more than a handful.

Longford subs on the night were Paul Skinner, Sean Kennedy O'Connor, Ciaran McGuinness and Cian Fay. Not certain which of these came on as no announcements were made at the match.
    no panic. hopefully the Longford Leader will show who came on as subs when I get it in Dublin tmw. They normally get the copy from their sister paper in Wexford think its the Leinster Leader!if not will get onto our kitman and ask him on facebook!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    no panic. hopefully the Longford Leader will show who came on as subs when I get it in Dublin tmw. They normally get the copy from their sister paper in Wexford think its the Leinster Leader!if not will get onto our kitman and ask him on facebook!
    Just wondering did you get the subs (if any) in the end?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Just wondering did you get the subs (if any) in the end?
    I did. I knew one of the lads that is from Tallaght whos a huge town fan and he went to the game. I got in touch with him on Facebook thanks TheBoss..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    I did. I knew one of the lads that is from Tallaght whos a huge town fan and he went to the game. I got in touch with him on Facebook thanks TheBoss..
    Any chance you could post them as I have lists on player appearances for all LOI teams for this season and last few seasons aswell?
    Also missing UCD subs v Crumlin United also in the LSC and the Waterford United subs v Ringmahon Rangers in the MSC. Other than that, its perfect!

PS. [Still trying to find that info on Longford Town in the 'B' Division ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Any chance you could post them as I have lists on player appearances for all LOI teams for this season and last few seasons aswell?
    Also missing UCD subs v Crumlin United also in the LSC and the Waterford United subs v Ringmahon Rangers in the MSC. Other than that, its perfect!

yep will put that up now.

Team and subs v Wexford Youths LSC:
    Ian Molloy,Darragh Doherty,Daniel O'Reilly,Mark Hughes,Josh O'Hanlon,Tristan Noack-Hofmann,John McKeown,Davy O'Sullivan,Keith Beirne,Don Cowan,Karl Chambers Subs used:Cian Fay,Ciaran McGuinness,Sean Kennedy O'Connor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

Ian Molloy,Darragh Doherty,Daniel O'Reilly,Mark Hughes,Josh O'Hanlon,Tristan Noack-Hofmann,John McKeown,Davy O'Sullivan,Keith Beirne,Don Cowan,Karl Chambers Subs used:Cian Fay,Ciaran McGuinness,Sean Kennedy O'Connor

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Great Stuff!

To be extra nitpicky, would you know who was taken off the minutes that they happened?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Great Stuff!

To be extra nitpicky, would you know who was taken off the minutes that they happened?
    have no idea all I asked my source was who came on as sub? There was a local news report in Longford Leader and theres no mention of subs that came on. I am going by his judgement.

15. Thanks From: