Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epl 2015/2016

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts

Epl 2015/2016

Sterling one of the most expensive footballers in history !!

Ranieri to Leicester - Will be surprised if that works out.

Van Persie to Turkey - if fit, why get rid of him? If not fit, who would want him?

Schweinstiger to Man U - a great player whom I have always admired but is he in decline? If not, a great signing.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Anyone else think 32.5m for Benteke is absolutely daft? I thought it was only English players who moved for obscene amounts of money. Benteke is a solid PL player but I have never been blown away by him any time I have watched the Villa. You would think Liverpool would have learned their lesson with Carroll.

Agreed RE: Ranieri. He has spent virtually his entire managerial career managing prestigious teams in Italy, Spain and England. How he will do with a team mired in the bottom half of the table - out of his comfort zone - is anyone's guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Well, Belgian players are cool so they'll go for more than they're worth.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Anyone else think 32.5m for Benteke is absolutely daft? I thought it was only English players who moved for obscene amounts of money. Benteke is a solid PL player but I have never been blown away by him any time I have watched the Villa. You would think Liverpool would have learned their lesson with Carroll.

Agreed RE: Ranieri. He has spent virtually his entire managerial career managing prestigious teams in Italy, Spain and England. How he will do with a team mired in the bottom half of the table - out of his comfort zone - is anyone's guess.
    I wouldn't get caught up in the price myself sure the majority of players are over priced. What I do know about the player in question is that he scores goals as his time at Villa has proved.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Brendan Rogers owns over 100 houses !! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oes-Court.html
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    And still he can't accommodate Balotelli!
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Benteke is an absolute monster of a player. A far, far, far superior player to Carroll in every aspect.

The only thing I would say is I don't know how/if he fits with the Rodgers "philosophy"...

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Fantasy premier league renewed again. If you were in before you should be auto added. Anyone wants to joint the league is Foot.ie and the code is 1073959-260874

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Also, another competition here, Sky Sports Super 6. Predict the scores of 6 games every week and be in with a chance to win £250,000 if you get all 6 exactly correct or £5,000 to the highest scoring player, its free to enter. Not sure if there is an existing foot.ie league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Everton are adamant that Stones will not be sold. Another week perhaps before he leaves ? I actually had never heard of him until this bidding began.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    Everton are adamant that Stones will not be sold. Another week perhaps before he leaves ? I actually had never heard of him until this bidding began.
    He was the great white hope a few years back. I remember him being a FPL dynamo for about a fortnight.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    is this the most predictable comment ever made by one manager about another clubs state of affairs?

"Arsene Wenger backs Eva Carneiro in ongoing Jose Mourinho row"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Watched Wolves vs Hull (how is someone by the name of Conor Coady playing for England at underage level?) which wasn't a bad game (Meyler came on as a sub in the second half and did well) and then went to see Man City thrash Chelsea. The former always seem to start off the season very well and then fade. Had to laugh when the Chelsea physio etc came on to the pitch and the City fans sang "You'll be sacked in the morning".

Gary Birtles on Saturday when commenting on a game made a mixture of "nothing to write home about" and "nothing to sing about" to end up with "nothing to sing home about".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Eamon Dunphy has questioned the quality of the current Manchester United squad and labelled boss Louis van Gaal a “spoofer”, Manchester United won their first two league games of the Barclays Premier League season before being held to a scoreless draw by Newcastle at the weekend.
    Speaking to RTÉ 2fm’s Game On, Dunphy said: “I think Van Gaal is a spoofer.
    “I said this six months ago and I know that’s a dangerous thing to say, but everything I hear him say and everything he does with the team seems to me as a guy who’s making it up as he goes along.
    “The main thing is he doesn’t want to concede goals and he seems to have a lot of bodies behind the ball, no support for Rooney, and a couple of duds in the team.”
    Dunphy added: “They were terrible. They don’t really have enough quality players, they don’t have nearly enough quality players.
    “This young lad, [Adnan] Januzaj, might become a player, but he’s lightweight.
    “The new player, Memphis [Depay], did okay in the Champions League, but he’s raw, he’s a million miles away from being a top player. He wouldn’t get in Manchester City’s reserve team.
    “They bring on [Antonio] Valencia - that’s a blast from the past - as a sub.
    “[Bastian] Schweinsteiger isn’t fit. They gave Bayern Munich a gift of €20million, because he wouldn’t get in Bayern Munich’s team.”
    Elaborating on his doubts on Van Gaal, who has won a Champions League with Ajax and landed league titles in three different countries as well as guiding his native Netherlands to a third-place finish at the World Cup, Dunphy said: “He’s got a very big ego and a presence about him, which is fine, but he’s not doing his stuff.
    “The situation with [David] De Gea is a disgrace. I mean, he’s sitting in the stand and it looks like it’s a game of poker, but Real Madrid have four aces and Van Gaal has a pair of deuces.
    “De Gea is going to walk for free, he can do a deal in January and he’s worth €35 million.”
    Lets talk about six baby

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Don't think he is much either tbf. Amount of money he squandered already

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Dunphy calling somebody a spoofer, you couldn't make it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Last time West Ham won at Anfield President Kennedy was announcing his ill fated trip to Dallas later that year. That's a lot of games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    I am impressed. Both Everton and WBA stand firm against bids for their players by so-called bigger clubs. Everton in particular must be praised for resisting Chelsea's overtures.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    So farewell then Brendan Rogers. €300 million later (albeit some with recouped with sales), who will be next to try and rekindle the flames of former glories ?

Interesting that none of the promoted teams fills the bottom three spots. All three big clubs. Aston Villa has been a club in decline for the past 3 or 4 seasons and whether Tim Sherwood has the ability to turn that around, who knows. Nigel Pearson to Sunderland ? Chelsea just above the relegation zone. All quite interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    So farewell then Brendan Rogers. €300 million later (albeit some with recouped with sales), who will be next to try and rekindle the flames of former glories ?

Interesting that none of the promoted teams fills the bottom three spots. All three big clubs. Aston Villa has been a club in decline for the past 3 or 4 seasons and whether Tim Sherwood has the ability to turn that around, who knows. Nigel Pearson to Sunderland ? Chelsea just above the relegation zone. All quite interesting.
    All the talk seems to be Klopp for Liverpool. We will know soon enough.
    Lets talk about six baby

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast