Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 61 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3630

Thread: James McClean M Wrexham b.1989

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Brilliant! I watched that unfold on my Facebook page the other day. Good to see it outlined.

For the record, I think McClean is a genuinely exciting player albeit overhyped in some ways (he's not the messiah etc). However I think if his Twitter outburst and subsequent Facebook meltdown shows anything, it's that he is seriously lacking in maturity and a bit of common sense. Hopefully those things will develop but it's doesn't fill anyone with confidence that he can do a disciplined job for the team.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    As far as I am concerned Twitter is the worst thing to happen to individuals (especially famous ones) in a long time. Really can't understand the attraction to it unless you're just following people like journalists or news sources.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Next he'll be donning the "Why always me hey?" T Shirt........

5. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Yeah, as I was reading through that piece I was hoping "please, please don't be the real McClean". He's a young lad, clearly passionate about his country and his football but somebody has to help him deal with this stuff. Don't know if I read it on here or heard it on Off The Ball, but apparently McCarthy wouldn't let Wolves players use the likes of Twitter without going on a course regarding proper usage first! Again, James is a young man - he'll learn and will probably end up captaining his country one day. The like of Barton and Ferdinand have no excuse however.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Martin O'Neill with a somewhat light-hearted condemnation of McClean's behaviour: http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soc...324003464.html

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    McClean was used as a sub in the first game after he broke into the Sunderland team and has since started two friendlies as well as getting a run out at the Euros. That is a hell of a lot more of an opportunity than a lot of Irish players get. There is a huge void in the team where Duff used to be and the fact is that Cox offers more in the way of technical ability and ball retention, both of which we are sorely lacking since Duff's departure. McClean has his own talents - he can score goals, but he is also impetuous and gives the ball away cheaply, neither an attribute Cox has displayed to date.
    McLean will have a good career in the EPL injury permitting. I'd bet that Cox will never grace the EPL again because he isn't good enough. McLean might not be Duff at his peak but he's as good as we've got.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Brilliant! I watched that unfold on my Facebook page the other day. Good to see it outlined.

For the record, I think McClean is a genuinely exciting player albeit overhyped in some ways (he's not the messiah etc). However I think if his Twitter outburst and subsequent Facebook meltdown shows anything, it's that he is seriously lacking in maturity and a bit of common sense. Hopefully those things will develop but it's doesn't fill anyone with confidence that he can do a disciplined job for the team.
    It's his football brain that matters. I think I like him more after that wee outburst. Especially his respone to your man Gerard about girls only wanting his wallet, ha, you can take a man outa Creggan...

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky-O'Hare View Post
    McLean will have a good career in the EPL injury permitting. I'd bet that Cox will never grace the EPL again because he isn't good enough. McLean might not be Duff at his peak but he's as good as we've got.
    I'd take Coleman ahead of him and possibly Brady too, though it's too early to judge him. Cox is a very good player - he'll probably split his time between the EPL and Championship like Kevin Doyle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    As far as that facebook war ....can someone clue me in? Who is the other guy he is arguing with?
    I realize he supposedly insulted one place over the other or whatever, But I dont get it.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    As far as that facebook war ....can someone clue me in? Who is the other guy he is arguing with?
    I realize he supposedly insulted one place over the other or whatever, But I dont get it.
    The Agony Aunt-style letter was a spoof written, not by McClean, but by Pure Derry, a satirical online news source. The gag obviously flew right over James' head and he got into an argument over their purporting to be him. You probably don't get it due to the local references and in-jokes.

In oller words, ye'd prolly needy be from Derry, hi!

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    McClean is a good footballer but he needs to give his head a shake, what does he stand to gain by swearing on facebook? He should have a a private account or use a fake name, or better yet, not have an account at all. Facebook and Twitter is like a loaded gun for famous people, I can't understand why they use them.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    It's called 'freedom of choice'...

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    The lad needs took take a serious look at himself regarding social media and realise he is a premier league player and not playing in some local league in Northern Ireland. Premier League players all have to put up with an incredible amount of stick regardless of how good or bad they are. Not that i'm comparing him to any of the following but if Nasri, Bale or Giggs and co spent time writing back to all the silly jokes about them or criticisms they wouldn't ever make it on to a pitch.
    Its not right that it happens but its part and parcel of his big pay packet so he should deal with it.
    If he wants to minimize this abuse simply remove himself from twitter (may have done so), Facebook and dont read forums its simple.

Regarding his playing ability, for me he plays like he interacts on social media...braindead.
    Cant see him having as big an impact on the league this year as players will have sussed out his direct style and O Neills tactics.
    A short term average solution to a long running problem on the left side of our pitch.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    Regarding his playing ability, for me he plays like he interacts on social media...braindead.
    Na lad that statement is braindead, not James football ability. Since when is being able to take a player on and deliver a cross brain dead. Fair enough you don't need a great brain to work as hard as James does but his work ethic is just another asset of his.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    It's called 'freedom of choice'...
    Where's the like button.

19. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Sunderland fans very unhappy with him of late...

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthr...=731816&page=8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,323 Posts
    Was criticised by the reporter on Premier League Live as well today, said he lost the head a little when he had a great chance to score, and made some bad decisions
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Was criticised by the reporter on Premier League Live as well today, said he lost the head a little when he had a great chance to score, and made some bad decisions
    I saw a decent amount of the match and he was poor. Just dribbling with his head down and losing the ball.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    From what I saw of Sunderland last week I'm not surprised that he is in a rut along with his teammates. That CM pairing of theirs was dire. Cattermole and Colback were probably the worst CM partnership performance that I have seen in the EPL. On a side note, it's not looking good for Meyler at Sunderland if he can't break through ahead of either of them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theworm2345 View Post
    I saw a decent amount of the match and he was poor. Just dribbling with his head down and losing the ball.
    That's a pretty accurate summary of what I've always seen from him anytime I've watched him, hence why the hype around him has me confused. What's his game on a good day?
    Last edited by Murfinator; 23/09/2012 at 12:27 AM.