Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland V Estonia - Tuesday, 15th November 2011 - Euro 2012 Playoff 2nd Leg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Some people on youtube actually seem to believe that it was Keane who fouled the defender and not the other way round. Absolutely mental.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    For the handball or for the up-and-under? They might have a point on the former.

I wouldn't judge any nationality on YouTube posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    love it. That space shuttle looks a lot like a young wan having a slash outside coppers.
    Last edited by Kingdom; 15/11/2011 at 3:50 PM.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Got most of the celebrating out of the way on Friday as today is really just a formality (barring something catastrophic which isn't exactly out of the question as I learned two years ago) but I'll enjoy it nonetheless. I'll say 1-1 with an Estonian own goal.

The question for me personally is do I stay in, watch the second half, give up my 100% attendance through 3 and 1/3 years of college (which no one really cares about**), and then attend a class I really have to be at later tonight with the same professor, or skip the second half and watch it later...decisions, decisions.

*Of course it gives me the ability to tell some snot-nosed youngster when I'm an old man that I never missed a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    love it. That space shuttle looks a lot a young wan having a slash outside coppers.
    Yeah if the young wan is one of these guys from South Park
    Last edited by theworm2345; 15/11/2011 at 3:36 PM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Predictions lads?
    3-0. Tough night ahead for their makeshift defense. And the original was fairly bad to begin with.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    love it. That space shuttle looks a lot a young wan having a slash outside coppers.
    Easily the best/worst post in the history of foot.ie. I'm scarred.

8. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Hope we get an early goal to settle nerves. still no ticket. grrr.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Oh god, here come the nerves again and we are leading 4-0!!!

Dont think there is ever an Irish game Im not nervous for. Please dont concede early, last thing we want is for Estonia to get a head of steam.

Think we will win 2-1. But estonia scoring first and making things a little nervy for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Keano needs three to go top of the all-time Euro qualifying goalscorers list. Is it possible - wonder is he even aware of it?

Personally I can see a few being scored tonight. No different to any weaker team, once the core of the team is taken away, then the game gets a hell of a lot tougher. The good thing about being almost there is that every game from now on is an audition. Granted that shouldn't matter to most players, but for the likes of St Ledger who marked ahjupera on friday, it will be another test against a big physical opponent, which could be of interest to the management should we draw Greece (charisteas is the big horse who plays the lone role for them I think?).
    so tonight should be good. Same for Doyler. Walters has raised the bar for him, be interesting to see how he reacts. Ditto Hunt, following on from McGeady's return to form.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    918 Posts
    Those selected tonight are from here on in playing for their spots in the finals squad, a lot of them anyway, as the margin between those who hold the shirt and some of those not presently making the squad even, are tight in several cases. I hope this will lead to another convincing performance and hopefully a few goals, I'd love to see the occasion marked with Robbie taking another record but I'd take a professional cynical 1-0.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I think Piiroja's two yellows were 50:50, I've seen them given but also seen them just called as fouls, on the hand-ball he maybe felt some pressure on him from Keane and thought, "if I handball it on account of being pushed then he'll give us [Estonia] a free kick". I think both of Stepanov's (foul on McGeady and foul on Keane) were yellows, you could even say the second one might have been a direct red. Given both were already booked it was strange to see them both making risky decisions while one a yellow. Stepanov's second yellow was largly the fault of the guy who carelessly passed the ball back, it went to Keane and Stepanov had to try and catch him up. It probably would have been better for the Estonians if Stepanov hadnt committed to the tackle. He could have tried to catch Keane up or shepard him away from goal, Keane was still some way out from goal and would have had the keeper to beat. Even 2-0 on 30 mins but with 11 men would have been better for them than 1-0 but playing almost an hour with 10 (and subsequently 9) men. The Estonians could have comitted less men in attacks and tried to end the game as 2-0 or even tried to sneak a 2-1. They also wouldnt have been so depleted for the second leg.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theworm2345 View Post
    Got most of the celebrating out of the way on Friday as today is really just a formality (barring something catastrophic which isn't exactly out of the question as I learned two years ago) but I'll enjoy it nonetheless. I'll say 1-1 with an Estonian own goal.

The question for me personally is do I stay in, watch the second half, give up my 100% attendance through 3 and 1/3 years of college (which no one really cares about**), and then attend a class I really have to be at later tonight with the same professor, or skip the second half and watch it later...decisions, decisions.

*Of course it gives me the ability to tell some snot-nosed youngster when I'm an old man that I never missed a class.

Yeah if the young wan is one of these guys from South Park
    Why is this even a question?
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    Can't see Estonia scoring to be honest, they've got nothing about them. Hoping for another rout
    They put 3 past Serbia away from home.
    Don't judge them on one performance, if they play well and we play carp if might not be the formality most expect!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Don't judge them on one performance, if they play well and we play carp if might not be the formality most expect!

If we start playing carp maybe we should bring on Sammon. Oh no, here we go again. Any links anybody?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Something fishy about that post...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrostars View Post
    Why is this even a question?
    If you must know: the match is essentially a formality, my main celebrations were Friday because that match made this a formality, if I wait and watch it on RTE Player I'll get Irish commentary on the match rather than whatever stream I get, I need to get my paper back in class so I know how hard I have to study for the Final (for which we'd be reviewing in class), I'll be watching on my computer alone regardless so its not like I'll miss out on any massive celebrations, the match will end at 3:45 and I have a three hour class from 6-9 that I have to be at and be lucid for so getting drunk isn't the best idea anyway especially when its the same professor from the earlier class, I have a lot of work to do after that class on my website due to CONCACAF Qualifiers, and, as mentioned, my Kilbane-esque run of attendance.

I still haven't made my mind up, I'll watch the first half and that will determine my decision.
    Last edited by theworm2345; 15/11/2011 at 5:23 PM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    The comments section of Youtube makes me regret ever learning to read. There's a lovely "debate" on a video which has highlights (if that's the right word) of the ref's performance on Friday.
    Are there many Estonians expected tonight?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Emergency! anybody got a link?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Cheers mate, was panicking, thought KO was 8 CET - watching in France.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast