Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tonights Latest (Friday 25th April)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    Scully probably should have made changes earlier but was hamstrung a little by the fact he'd had an enforced sub in the first 10 mins.
    It was Pats who had the enforced sub after 10 minutes.

Alan Murphy did a great man-marking job for the hour he was on to keep Fahey out of the game. Other than that I thought Rovers were poor against a Pats side that had just one central defender (Paisley - man of the match imo) and quite a number of other big name injuries.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindmillWarrior View Post
    For the first 20 mins I wouldn't expect anything less than for Cork to come out all guns blazing and thats what yis did and yis did play some nice football. But it wasn't "constant pressure", we had a few breaks and some possession. Its up to the away team to weather the storm innit? I thought we done that fairly comfortably really and then scored a goal that was somewhat against the run of play, yes. Sorry for scoring it and not following your script!
    Of course then Gamble got the red. That obviously knocked yous but I though for the rest of the game we were very good and very comfortable. We got our 2nd goal and created many many other chances which we squandered with terrible finishing and some good defending (MNS on monday should tell all).
    Bar a good start, we were terrible on Friday. First goal was an og and knocked us for six. I would have at least fancied us to get a draw with 11v11 but Joe was an idiot. Brutal defending again for the 2nd goal and it was a case of how many we'd lose by after that. We showed no real threat in the 2nd half, couldn't put 2 decent passes together.
    Drogheda could have went for the jugular and won by 4 or 5 but their bad finishing and overall caution put pay to that.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover View Post
    No they weren't. They were by themselves in the goal not trying to partake in the football. They did not go on to mock the SO. And they weren't laughing at the young fellas, they were laughing because they were drunk out of their skulls.

Look at it realistically FFS.
    Why defend these gobsheens?

We have all said already how the stewarding was a joke. FFS stop defending this kind of behaviour, if the boys are going to make a donation to the SO then fair played, I hope they learn their lesson. We can all move on and stop going over the same arguments on here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post

We have all said already how the stewarding was a joke. FFS stop defending this kind of behaviour, if the boys are going to make a donation to the SO then fair played, I hope they learn their lesson. We can all move on and stop going over the same arguments on here.
    i hope this can finish it

all i can say that i as a supporter of sligo rovers unreservedly apologise for these two idiots and hope that they get what they deserve.
    they brought shame and a fine on our club and it is no defence to say that the did not know the special olympics event was taking place.

If these two people have any morals they should initiate a fundraiser and present a sponsorship cheque at a finn harps game to the special olympics as an apology for what they done.

Sorry again but these two are the exception to the rule for sligo rovers supporters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stato View Post
    (Paisley - man of the match imo) and quite a number of other big name injuries.
    Undoubtably. Was superb v Linfield too. Has really impressed this season, even at left back. Tough decisions to make for Johnny when all defenders are fit. Only conceded 2 in the league, one in the first 30 minutes of the seaosn with a completely new defence, and another when Clarkey kicked it straight to a Derry player giving an open goal. Haven't looked like conceding in most games (Setanta excluded)
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stato View Post
    It was Pats who had the enforced sub after 10 minutes.
    My mistake,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post

I'm not defending what they did. They shouldn't have done it, everyone knows that. What I am doing though, is setting the record staright.

A Finn Harps poster said that they specifically went onto the pitch to take the **** of the disabled people, and make a mockery of their game, which is unfair on the two lads. They were drunk out of their skull. Now obviously what they did was completely wrong and whatever, in excusable but to say they went on to specifically make a mockery of the special needs is wrong too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover View Post
    They were drunk out of their skull.
    FHFC has a no alcohol policy. This is not, and has never been, enoforced. There is a group of lads at the town end who bring tins in at every home game. They aren't rowdy, and I have no problem with them, in fact they're usually the ones to keep the atmosphere going. However, rules are rules, and they need to be enforced. These two eejits who ran onto the pitch either must have had booze with them in the ground, or else were drunk when they entered. Either way, they should have been prevented from entering by the stewards etc. Also, had there been proper stewarding they wouldn't have got onto the pitch in the first place. So the ground staff must take some of the blame.

Against Pat's, a few young fellas walked around in front of the home fans once or twice, chanting and generally trying to get a rise out of us. Again, the stewards shouldn't have let this happen.

Sooner or later, we will get a bigger group of visiting "fans" intent on causing trouble. And there will be trouble, unless the club sorts out stewarding.

BTW, I don't think the two who ran on were there to make fun of the SO kids, they just chose a bad time to come on, and in their inebriated state, decided it would be a good idea to try join in the game.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789