Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
General opinion is that our players didn't even try for the 2nd half and .
But it must be disheartening for players if they are being asked to play that way aswell??

It's not "not trying" per se, rather sitting back and soaking it up.

The fact that your players just aren't good enough must have some bearing aswell.

To my mind your standouts are Malone and Sinnott, eventhough Malone is basically a gutsy hacker and Sinnott would struggle to make our team if everyone was fit.

It spoke volumes about Wexford for me on Friday night when ye didn't even attempt to take control of the middle of the park despite it being obvious to anyone with eyes to see that Wayne Colbert was fire-fighting trying to play three positions at once.

The Boss is talking today in the local paper about possibly handing over the senior team to someone else
I'll tell you right now there isn't much point if it's NOC. More of the same. Your team are only kids, they should have a boss who lets them express themselves. Would you not rather come bottom of the league for a few seasons playing a bit of ball, than be forever grinding out narrow defeats??

and concentrating on the underage
Would he not just walk away from the football side altogether??

Make no mistakes, on the pitch that is a club with problems. You would have to go back years to find a team who has failed to beat Limerick in eight games. To my eye on Friday night, despite this being the worst Limerick team in a number of years, there was still a pretty obvious gap in class players wise in a lot of areas.

Not winding you up, just saying how I sees it.