Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news Michael O'Sullivan resigns - club may fold

lims fan

Breaking news Michael O'Sullivan resigns - club may fold

I got a call from another contributor to this board last nite to tell me that O'Sullivan has resigned and the club has 3 games to sort out its money probs or it will fold. What is going on. I think the transparency issue is finally going to kill us off.
    What morons run this club. The apologists can now eat humble pie.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have heard about the club having three games to sort all out or they are going into administration story from SLK as well. Only 3 Limerick FC Games left?

As for Michael O'Sullivan, while the committee simply didn't work, he was always the most approachable. He has sunk enough of his own money into the club it seems and he has had enough. The committee has been plagued with financial problems since our current commercial manager has been appointed. It would be interesting to post up his "expected income" sheet and go through it to see what he actually gotten in.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Breaking news Michael O'Sullivan resigns - club may fold

Originally posted by lims fan
    I got a call from another contributor to this board last nite to tell me that O'Sullivan has resigned and the club has 3 games to sort out its money probs or it will fold. What is going on. I think the transparency issue is finally going to kill us off.
    What morons run this club. The apologists can now eat humble pie.
    This is very worrying. I hope the situation is not as serious as it seems.

If it is then congratulations Lims Fan - you must be thrilled.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Mike rang me last night to tell me the news. He sounded really ****ed off particularly as he was a Fan before getting involved with the running of the club. He Spoke about how he could not continue subsidising the club for wages etc.. How have things got so bad.? We had a decent program last year with ads a plenty. Look at this year's excuse.

What are the rest of the committtee doing to get finances in?

In some respects Some good may come of it because it has been shown that the self appointed committee structrure does not work and has no mandate and one to answer to. The Club is in a mess and needs a clean start with new faces NOW!!. I sugeest that they all resign and put themselves forward to an AGM . I wonder how many will get elected than. I only hope it's not too late

BTW I asked Mike to join us at the matches and cheer on his team as he is still a supporter.

lims fan

committee should resign on masse

Michael O'Sullivan was the only pro actiive person running the club, the rest of them are smalltime idiots.

Attn LFC IN EXILE
    This is a serious matter and I am very sad O'Sullivan is gone I have great time for him so you should not be trying so petty.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: committee should resign on masse

Originally posted by lims fan
    Michael O'Sullivan was the only pro actiive person running the club, the rest of them are smalltime idiots.
    With Michael gone the club has lost what little vision and drive was there. The remaining members have alienated so many supporters over the years it's incredible - there needs to be a completely new committee put in place. A fresh start is the only hope we have of a senior soccer side worth mentioning in the city.

BTW: Just a couple of figures form the "Commercial Manager's" plan for the season:

1. 25,000 Eruos will be raised from a school skipathon.
    2. Our Under 21 Team costs 3,000 to run. They get 2,500 in the form of a grant. We don't have an under 21s team this year because of 500 Euros.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

one head!

only one head needs to role and we all know who that is! He raised the clubs expenditure from 1500 to 3500 this year with his promise of mad money to finance this never materielised. the supporters club needs to call a meeting with the fai to get the low down now. egm has to be called too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

ATTN LIMS FAN

"Michael O'Sullivan was the only pro actiive person running the club, the rest of them are smalltime idiots."

Cast your mind back six months or so when you openly castigated Michael O'Sullivan and Noel O'Connor on a daily basis, calling one of them "Nicey" and wishing a terminal disease on the other. Well now, the only two positive elements the club had are gone...you should be the one who's pleased...IDIOT!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Can we please stop petty infighting etc. This has been the ruin of this club down through the years. If anything positive is to come of this then we, The Supporters, need to be of one voice. Come on let's get practical..what do we need to do to ? ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    fair point....I live in Dublin, and am prepared to help out with whatever I can...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Joe Soap:

There is no need for this childish infighting. That's why we have a split committee that has been completely ineffectual this season. While I have openly castigated Lims Fan when his anger went off the point into insults I do believe the guy has always had the best interests of the club at heart. Also you seem to be completely wrong about his opinion about Michael O'Sullivan. This is taken from his website:

"Some unscrupulous, lazy, unprogressive, smallminded and defeatist people still run this club but there are also some good people like new chairman Michael O'Sullivan and he holds the future hope in his hands."
    http://www.geocities.com/mark_grad99/about.html

As for what we need to do:

We need a meeting with the remaining members of the Limerick FC Committee. I know they have a meeting tonight and we should aim at getting into the meeting and finding out exactly how badly the club has been run. We have to get this information - their closed door policies have to change - if they let people know exactly what the problems are we can start looking for a way to fix them.

lims fan

STOP BICKERING AND PETTY SARCASM NOW

Squabbling finishes NOW. We all put our heads together and no More stupid bickering. A lot of us need to face reality including myself and from now on all smalltime bickering ceases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The first and only priority now should be financial security...short term, ie until the end of the season. I don't believe anyone can look beyond that time period at the moment. The remaining committee should all resign with immediate effect, and should they wish to be re-instated, they should make their case at a public meeting. I have just got off the fone to someone I know up here who works in Merrion Sq at a reasonably high level, and he has just told me that the Pike thing is off, and the club won't be getting any money to develop someone elses ground. The freehold on the Markets Field becomes up for sale shortly, and given that there is a protection order on it from property development, it won't be as expensive to buy outright as it normally might. I believe that our first step is to organise a committee, with genuine and realistic financial ambition, and also to recruit "names" with clout in the financial sector. No more mamby pamby and ficticious "I'm gonna raise hundreds of thousands for the club" people. If we're in the mire, lets admit it and try to move on.Also, when and if we get a new committee, I believe we all should propose Michael O'Sullivan for Chair.. all in agreement say "Aye"!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    That is one of the best posts in ages. I had heard but couldn't say that the Pike thing is off,but it is. The Markets field will be availble shortly and agree that all should resign, even though nobody was elected in the first place, and go to the public now.

lims fan

AGREED

WELL DONE AND GOOD SUGGESTIONS - O'SULLIVAN HAS A FUTURE AT THE CLUB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    lims fan

Never thought I'd see the day I agreed with you!!!
    Here's to the future!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ye're all like bloody hippies!!!

Their meeting I have been told by John D is now on Thursday. The Supporters' Club need representation at this meeting - the fans and the people of Limerick in general have been ignored by the committee for too long.

Proper structures have to be put in place in regards all areas of the club. That said I'll bet that they will elect a new chair under cover of darkness at their next meeting, and close the doors again. The people involved with the committee have shown that they don't know what they are doing - it really is time that they stepped down and admitted it.

As far as ground issues go I don't think anyone could say we didn't deserve it if Pike and the FAI throw the club out on their ear - the basic levels of competence that are expected of a senior soccer club are seriously lacking.

Committee out!! We demand elections!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    John Purcell rang me this afternoon. The Committee meeting will take place on thurs night.We will not be present, However after this he wants to get together with the Officers of the Supporters Club, Players and Manager and some of the committee to come up with ideas. One of them is the issuing to all of the above blocks of Match Tickets which can be sold before the games at €6 per Ticket. This would help bring in more Support and more income. Would people sell these ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Yeah, I'd sell them no problem, and I'm sure others would too. But you're still only looking at a small number bringing in small change. The time for accepting being fobbed off and not allowed an active role in the club is over. We can't accept this crap or excuses any more.Lets draw up an agenda and adhere to it..I think we all know how competent a bunch we are compared to them, so it's time we started demanding some rights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

markets field??

is it just me but haven't i been going on about the markets field for the last two and a half yeas and i get constently shot down on this for doing so?? im sorry but im patting myself on the back for this one. but who is buying it?? and will all of it ie the car park be bought as well???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast