Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cook at the Crossroads: Today's Champion

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Jees lads wer not that naive we realise that owning a bus would involve costs as mentioned, but until the avenue is fully explored in relation to costs drivers etc. it cant be knocked....

As for website, the trust is in the process of creating a new one, we have bought the .com domain name www.thebitored.com

Funny how no matter what you say or do someone on the forum will always try and criticise no matter what.....while hiding behind their aliases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akearins View Post
    Funny how no matter what you say or do someone on the forum will always try and criticise no matter what.....while hiding behind their aliases
    Why what did you say or do that makes you deserve no criticism? and by the way, I wasn't actually criticising ye, just letting ye know that the website domain had expired, forgive me. Also, most people here know who I am so I'm not exactly hiding either.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Wexford Youths own their own bus.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't think haivng a different opinion is actually criticism. Everyone has an opinion on most things and they have a right to voice it. When people disagree it has to be accepted as a fact of life.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    From talking to clubs around the country previously that have clubhouses with bars they just about break even on average.

They said that whilst you will get a hardcore usual group of lads in them before, during and after matches as well as on big match nights on TV it isn't exactly the place the missus or Gf's want to stay for a night out on the town.

Also when the season is finishes/winds down say from Oct/Nov time there is a serious fall off in attendance and income especially when you consider lads are training twice a week with their junior clubs also.

Definately think indoor footie or hall as well as gym facilities is the future for income for clubs rather than pubs/bars.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guts&Glory View Post
    From talking to clubs around the country previously that have clubhouses with bars they just about break even on average.

They said that whilst you will get a hardcore usual group of lads in them before, during and after matches as well as on big match nights on TV it isn't exactly the place the missus or Gf's want to stay for a night out on the town.

Also when the season is finishes/winds down say from Oct/Nov time there is a serious fall off in attendance and income especially when you consider lads are training twice a week with their junior clubs also.

Definately think indoor footie or hall as well as gym facilities is the future for income for clubs rather than pubs/bars.
    Also a lot of Rovers income comes from lotto sales in pubs around town don't think they would let us sell lotto tickets if we were taking their trade away with our own bar
    Misfits

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ok lads anyone interested in getting these ideas down on paper and presenting to the club?
    If so why not call down to the next Trust meeting next Tuesday and we may be able to discuss these........not much use on a forum

Look forward to seeing ye then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Jees lads wer not that naive we realise that owning a bus would involve costs as mentioned, but until the avenue is fully explored in relation to costs drivers etc. it cant be knocked....

As for website, the trust is in the process of creating a new one, we have bought the .com domain name www.thebitored.com

Maybe if some costing were done to show that it’s viable, it might not seem such a hare brained idea.
    But for my money, if as you say the supporters clubs can come up with €20 grand a year. That’s the sort of money that will keep our captain at the club. That imo is where the money should go, and build a team around him, instead of starting all over again with some unknown.
    Having a different opinion is part and parcel of life. There’s no need to be so tetchy.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    In relation to bars in clubs, our bar isnt open during the week, only for match days and for private functions. That said, private functions bring in great revenue. Over the last few weeks there has been a party of some description every saturday and next weekend there are functions on both friday and saturday night. Without this income we would be in trouble.

I do agree tho a gym or astro parks are a good way to bring in revenue too. When our new development is complete we will have a full sized flood lit astro pitch, a futsal hall and gym with other facilities such as a classroom, UEFA standard dressing rooms etc and whilst this is all part of the FAI Regional Development Centre, I am sure, as it is on our land and we will own it, that there are some revenue possibilites there.

You have good space around the Showgrounds and think that you would have the potential to develop some money spinners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    In relation to bars in clubs, our bar isnt open during the week, only for match days and for private functions. That said, private functions bring in great revenue. Over the last few weeks there has been a party of some description every saturday and next weekend there are functions on both friday and saturday night. Without this income we would be in trouble.

I do agree tho a gym or astro parks are a good way to bring in revenue too. When our new development is complete we will have a full sized flood lit astro pitch, a futsal hall and gym with other facilities such as a classroom, UEFA standard dressing rooms etc and whilst this is all part of the FAI Regional Development Centre, I am sure, as it is on our land and we will own it, that there are some revenue possibilites there.

You have good space around the Showgrounds and think that you would have the potential to develop some money spinners.
    The Futsal Hall Idea is one that the North West Needs, as the majority of indoor venues are too small for the game, which also could be used for Olympic handball, as the same dimensions apply. A couple more 7 a side astra pitches would also be an idea to fit in with the new Ireland mentioned in earlier posts

As for the Pub, agree that the trade is dying. But personally, I think that it needs to be repositioned in the overall theme of things. The Sports Bar Idea is one that no publican has really looked seriously at, and the Cafe Bar Culture is also worth a look. Also, it could provide employment for the players who may be recruited on a part time basis, as the current senario cannot continue. The facts are that Rovers do not turn over enough cash to dine at the top table of football, and reside in a small area in terms of sponsorship. With a million other things to do, the "Floating Supporter" comes out once or twice a year, and spends the rest of the time elsewhere. unless other revenue streams can be found, its back to part time for the majority of our our players.
    Football is a Simple Game, complicated by fools - Brian Clough

All Sligo Leitrim Youth & Schoolboys Info is live on http://homepage.eircom.net/~mervilleafc/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hare brained idea actually was suggested by bus owner..... but many more ideas out there to help the club so hopefully members like Redzer will drop into a trust meeting and we can try and document some of them...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123