Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: New FAI Development Officer in the Sligo area.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New FAI Development Officer in the Sligo area.

Casey lands FAI Development role

July 3, 2007

Former St Patrick’s Athletic, Cork City and Ireland youth international defender Ryan Casey has been appointed as the new FAI Development Officer in the Sligo area.

Casey was part of the Republic of Ireland under-18 squad which lifted the European Championships in Cyprus in 1998.

He spent eight years at Swansea City during his career before returning to the eircom League to play for Pats, Cork and Galway United.

The 28-year-old has undergone a number of coaching programmes and has received the Uefa B Certificate, coaching teams at Salthill Devon FC in Galway and the Melbourne Knights in Australia.

He said: “I am absolutely delighted with my new position as FAI Development Officer and am really looking forward to getting stuck into the job. Niall Harrison has done a fantastic job up until now so I hope to maintain what he has achieved while putting my own twist on things.

“I know that football is so important to the people of Sligo so it’s great to get so much support in the community. I am particularly looking forward to working on the emerging talent programme, developing women’s football and the coach education programme.”

The position involves ensuring that the FAI achieves its core objectives in Sligo by:

* Ensuring the quality delivery of the FAI’s Development Programmes
    * The Promotion of social inclusion through Football
    * The delivery of active soccer development programmes to target communities

Casey replaces Niall Harrison, who has been promoted to National Co-ordinator for the FAI Emerging Talent Programme. Niall Harrison said: “I wish Ryan the very best of luck in his new position and I have no doubt that he will do a fantastic job. His experience in football to date ensures that he is more than qualified for the role.”

Packie Bonner, FAI Technical Director, said: “Ryan is the perfect man for the job. He is 100 per cent committed to promoting football in Ireland and will help the Association achieve its many objectives for improving football in Sligo.”

From eleven-a-side.com

------
    Interesting ! Well done to Niall Harrison on his new appointment !!
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=neutrino;718799]Casey lands FAI Development role

July 3, 2007

Former St Patrick’s Athletic, Cork City and Ireland youth international defender Ryan Casey has been appointed as the new FAI Development Officer in the Sligo area.
    Casey was part of the Republic of Ireland under-18 squad which lifted the European Championships in Cyprus in 1998.
    He spent eight years at Swansea City during his career before returning to the eircom League to play for Pats, Cork and Galway United.
    The 28-year-old.

Sign him up, Quick!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Don't bother. Seriously
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    As the saying goes ... those who cant do, teach.

He's been a disappointment with us this season.
    Doesnt look at all interested and looks very lazy
    in every move he makes.