Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rovers V Bohs fans (the hatred)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Rovers V Bohs fans (the hatred)

just a topic which i'm not fully up to date on, do the fans really hate each other that much , i was speaking to Rovers die-hard in a pub recently - he was well into his 30s - and told me of the hatred he had for bohs and everything associated with - likewise i met a guy from Cabra who supported Bohs and he said likewise- both seemed genuine in their views - the rovers guy referred to bohs as the rangers of dublin - i don't really understand that one- any thoughts are welcome - i've seen a few incidents highlighted in the herald in recent years but that's it+ i have never been 2 a derby game- or are these guys just idiots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal rover View Post
    just a topic which i'm not fully up to date on, do the fans really hate each other that much , i was speaking to Rovers die-hard in a pub recently - he was well into his 30s - and told me of the hatred he had for bohs and everything associated with - likewise i met a guy from Cabra who supported Bohs and he said likewise- both seemed genuine in their views - the rovers guy referred to bohs as the rangers of dublin - i don't really understand that one- any thoughts are welcome - i've seen a few incidents highlighted in the herald in recent years but that's it+ i have never been 2 a derby game- or are these guys just idiots
    this has been done to death, but the bores were founded within a british military academy, the black in the shirt was originally a mark of respect for queen victoria etc.

in the 70's and 80's they had a right wing skinhead element who wore rangers shirts.

no doubt the gypo revisionists will be on to tell us that all the history books are wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The crux of the derby is that there's such a release of tension everytime they play from all the months of jumping on other peoples pitches when they score and dealing with the part-time bebo warriors that other clubs laughingly offer up for their pickings.
    Also, it's a release from two or three months of talking tripe, wumming eachother up and ruining every thread on foot.ie with their bull**** you started it, no you started it, but what about the 1930s? arguments.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoYouDidn't View Post
    in the 70's and 80's they had a right wing skinhead element who wore rangers shirts.
    Honestly?

I remember Bohs supporting skins in Finn Park in the 80s alright any time we played them - bad hures they were too but they definitely never wore Rangers shirts. Would have been interesting to see how people would have got on up here wearing Rangers jerseys in the 70s and 80s. They would still be talking about it now ala Linfield and Glens games in Ballybofey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fbtn View Post
    Honestly?

I remember Bohs supporting skins in Finn Park in the 80s alright any time we played them - bad hures they were too but they definitely never wore Rangers shirts. Would have been interesting to see how people would have got on up here wearing Rangers jerseys in the 70s and 80s. They would still be talking about it now ala Linfield and Glens games in Ballybofey.
    dead serious. the bores were briefly infiltrated by the laughable but real Dublin BNP. as was Hill 16.

sure bohs have a love in with linfield these days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    dead serious. the bores were briefly infiltrated by the laughable but real Dublin BNP. as was Hill 16.

sure bohs have a love in with linfield these days
    Wow! Dublin BNP! I'm off to Google with this one

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fbtn View Post
    Wow! Dublin BNP! I'm off to Google with this one
    ****in hell! there still at large and it looks like they've even set up a bank!

http://www.ireland.bnpparibas.com/en...activities.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wish the club was actually as Protestant as you pathetic embarrassments keep claiming, as it would repel the obnoxious Celtic element and drive them off to your romantic travelling Catholic circus, bedecked in shamrocks and miscellaneous greenery, the better to jog their memory in case someone ever asks them what country they're from, begorrah.

A psychoanalyst would have a field day with you overcompensating f*ckers.

Your rabid hatred of the national games, currently projected onto the kerfuffle in Tallaght, is another indication of the insecurity you all feel as English-speaking fans of a garrison sport.

Black and red are good soccer colours; green and white hoops is what the Irish wear abroad when they're pleading for recognition and acceptance. Prods make good association football club founders, as evidenced the world over; Louis Kilcoyne is a Catholic.
    Last edited by Erstwhile Bóz; 29/06/2007 at 1:36 PM.
    Because if Gabriel doesn't rollerblade to the Chelsea Piers then the terrorists have truly won.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketfingers View Post
    Benn going to LOI games since 1980 and never have i seen a Bohs fan with a Rangers jersey not in Sligo anyway.
    There's one gentleman I used to know was a big Rangers fan and good luck to him and very occasionally would wear his jersey to annoy the Celtic contingent. He loved getting the abuse from them, too (sometimes almost turned nasty).

But unless he's changed considerably since I've seen him last, he's about as far from being BNP as the mayor of Port Laoise is. And although a large man, he hardly constituted an "infiltration".
    Because if Gabriel doesn't rollerblade to the Chelsea Piers then the terrorists have truly won.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the black in the shirt was originally a mark of respect for queen victoria etc.
    Mourning that she hadn't died yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    We were formed by a civil service acadamy students though the facts never really bothered Rovers when it comes to proving their "Celticness". Fair play to them, if they want to be associated with that kind of Paddywhackery then I have absolutely no objection. Claiming any religious or political reasons for the Bohs-Rovers rivalry is pure fantasy. (another word for delusion! )

Its really a normal city rivalry along Northside/Southside lines stemming from the Seventies when Bohs went professional and replaced the defunct Drumcondra as Rovers Northside rivals. It helped that we had a level of success in that decade. AFAIK there was the added element of existing gang rivalries too.
    Bottom line is they are in league with Free Masons, the Bush Family, the Saudi Royal family and Osama Bin Laden is a member of the club.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erstwhile Bóz View Post
    I wish the club was actually as Protestant as you pathetic embarrassments keep claiming, as it would repel the obnoxious Celtic element and drive them off to your romantic travelling Catholic circus, bedecked in shamrocks and miscellaneous greenery, the better to jog their memory in case someone ever asks them what country they're from, begorrah.

A psychoanalyst would have a field day with you overcompensating f*ckers.

Your your rabid hatred of the national games, currently projected onto the kerfuffle in Tallaght, is another indication of the insecurity you all feel as English-speaking fans of a garrison sport.

Black and red are good soccer colours; green and white hoops is what the Irish wear abroad when they're pleading for recognition and acceptance. Prods make good association football club founders, as evidenced the world over; Louis Kilcoyne is a Catholic.
    Dont kid yourself pal. There are a fair amount of Rovers fans who have zero interest in celtic. Also not all Rovers fans have a "rabid hatred" of the GAA or are even catholic for that matter.

However we dont have any connections with fans of clubs that sing anti irish songs.

Charlo is a prod.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Have you just made that up ONYD ?!?!

In all my years on this site - and in all the years we've had to endure the never-ending slanging between Rovers and Bohs fans - this is the first time I've ever seen that allegation raised.

Hence - I can't help but think it's nonesense.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I told you that the Bozo's would just blanket deny it.

They dont like their history so they will scweam and scweam when its pointed out. We don't actually care. But the hysterical denials are hilarious, thats why we keep it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    dcfcsteve = "gypo revisionist"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Have you just made that up ONYD ?!?!

In all my years on this site - and in all the years we've had to endure the never-ending slanging between Rovers and Bohs fans - this is the first time I've ever seen that allegation raised.

I know an old timer member in D7 and he helped 'remove' these guys in the 70's. tis true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I told you that the Bozo's would just blanket deny it.

They dont like their history so they will scweam and scweam when its pointed out. We don't actually care. But the hysterical denials are hilarious, thats why we keep it up.
    What thread are you reading/having read to you?
    Last edited by Erstwhile Bóz; 29/06/2007 at 1:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know an old timer member in D7 and he helped 'remove' these guys in the 70's. tis true.
    Did he tell you about the black being a mark of respect for the (still-alive) Queen, too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Previously you said this element was active in the 70's and 80's, now you're saying they were removed in the 70's. Couple this with your ascertion that we wear black as a mark of respect for Queen victoria who as was mentioned was not yet dead, I have come to a conclusion - we have a time machine. We are such dedicated revisionists that we go back in time and alter the space time continuem to suit our desired image. In a few years we're going to go back and not appoint Gareth Farrelly as manager.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    In a few years we're going to go back and not appoint Gareth Farrelly as manager.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast