Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love your local team

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Love your local team

Came acoss this on Irish League forum, worth a look.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Brings a tear to my eye.

Briliant video.
    Cmon County!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Says it all really. And it gets me even more excited about the return of proper footie in a few weeks.
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    That's class. If barstoolers had any cop on, it would give them something to think about.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    tis true alright, let the ignorant prawns support there foreign clubs, they should have mentioned the fact that for the cost af a trip to see "there" club play they could buy a season ticket to see there local side play.

football fans i dont think so

it a sad world
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    tis true alright, let the ignorant prawns support there foreign clubs, they should have mentioned the fact that for the cost af a trip to see "there" club play they could buy a season ticket to see there local side play.

football fans i dont think so

it a sad world
    Spare me. If this preseason has thought us anything its that people won't show support for an inferior product shoddily run by people who couldn't give a toss about the game in this country. I fully understand why people look at the Eircom League and start laughing, I really do, and all the 'barstool' jibes in the world won't change that

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Spare me. If this preseason has thought us anything its that people won't show support for an inferior product shoddily run by people who couldn't give a toss about the game in this country. I fully understand why people look at the Eircom League and start laughing, I really do, and all the 'barstool' jibes in the world won't change that
    Yeah I agree with ya in principal but if these people got off their asses and starting supporting their local sides, then there would be more money in the game.More money and more people attending games would give a lot more power to the clubs, then they can demand the the FAI start to do things proberly. The only time the FAI is criticised by Joe public is when the f*ck up with the Irish National Team.
    The FAI gey away with the 2nd hand running and all the c*ap they throw at the LOI because because 90% of football fans in Ireland don't give a flying f*ck about their local team. .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Yeah I agree with ya in principal but if these people got off their asses and starting supporting their local sides, then there would be more money in the game.
    Aye but now we're back to the age old argument involving the chicken and the egg

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Aye but now we're back to the age old argument involving the chicken and the egg
    A chicken or an egg could proberly do a better job than Delaney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Yeah, tell you what, let's all just give up, shall we.? I think I'll pick up a Man U shirt tomorrow I mean, our own teams, own league, who needs it when we can subscribe to SKY sports ?

"people won't show support for an inferior product shoddily run by people who couldn't give a toss about the game in this country."

You're so right - that's why I'm finished with the National team
    Last edited by TonyD; 18/02/2007 at 5:15 PM.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    notin wrong in following froeign teams, people are doin it for years but if you really are a fan a football you will support your local team it really is that simple what kind of fan are ya if you dont, i watch football on tv england spain germany holland italy, some good football but notin beats goin to a ground and wathcin it live, it not illegal you not betrayin anyone your just a football fan

the best is when you have no support, but when you get a run our a big team visiting you gate triples, and you see people you havent seen for years and ask them where they were, and the reply is always the same "sure im always here boy"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I fully understand why people look at the Eircom League and start laughing, I really do, and all the 'barstool' jibes in the world won't change that
    Actually, I don't. I think they do it mostly as a defensive strategy. It gives them the excuse to be 'customers' of the EPL etc.
    That said, agree that it's not much use calling EPL fans barstoolers. If we're honest about it, most of us have an English or Scottish club, by TV adoption. It would be a bit odd not to. The part that we should object to is where loyalty to a foreign club displaces support for one at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    bring on the new season i cannie wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Do you need a special programme to make a video like that? Would like to make one with EL pics etc.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    window movie maker should do the job comes with xp package im unsure of how to use but my friends are always messin with it
    Last edited by don ramo; 19/02/2007 at 1:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    POTM...........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Yeah, you're right. At least two out of the three could hatch a plan!
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Yeah, tell you what, let's all just give up, shall we.? I think I'll pick up a Man U shirt tomorrow I mean, our own teams, own league, who needs it when we can subscribe to SKY sports ?

"people won't show support for an inferior product shoddily run by people who couldn't give a toss about the game in this country."

You're so right - that's why I'm finished with the National team
    When did I ever say give up? All I'm saying is there is no point you lot coming on here (and it's always the same people) moaning about how people won't support their local clubs when in reality you should be looking at why they don't support their local clubs and trying to change that. Various things in preseason has been looked over here, rightly or wrongly, as being par for course for an Eircom League fan.

Answer me this, how do you think the Galway getting promoted farce looked to a barstooler? Or the Eircom League Champions onrunning debacle? Or Limerick FC getting denied entry into the league whilst Shels get their Premier League ticket? Or the Maxi incident? Or the lack of any fixture list at this stage of the preseason? Or Wexford and Limerick37 being introduced to the 1st Division at such a late stage? Or the fact we don't know if Shels will be in the 1st Division or the Premier yet? Or whether Waterford will be in the reinstated to the Premier?

The list is endless of calamities this preseason,and from the outside looking in how could you not view this league as anything other than the joke that it is? until the FAI and most Eircom Lrague clubs start looking at themselves as something other than a small potatoes league than thats all we'll be considered by the barstoolers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Excellent video.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Answer me this, how do you think the Galway getting promoted farce looked to a barstooler? Or the Eircom League Champions onrunning debacle? Or Limerick FC getting denied entry into the league whilst Shels get their Premier League ticket? Or the Maxi incident? Or the lack of any fixture list at this stage of the preseason? Or Wexford and Limerick37 being introduced to the 1st Division at such a late stage? Or the fact we don't know if Shels will be in the 1st Division or the Premier yet? Or whether Waterford will be in the reinstated to the Premier?

The list is endless of calamities this preseason,and from the outside looking in how could you not view this league as anything other than the joke that it is? until the FAI and most Eircom Lrague clubs start looking at themselves as something other than a small potatoes league than thats all we'll be considered by the barstoolers.
    Compared to what? Outside where?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast