Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick FC may be taken over by Polish investors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    And you are the pillar of the sense-talking community on this forum are you?? I find most of your moronic ramblings on here quite irritating but I don't go personally insuting you, so I'd like it if you could try to be so kind as to return the compliment.

I never ever said that he was. He is a selfish, bitter man. However, if you haven't already noticed, he holds the key to the clubs future and Drew hasn't endeared himself to him like maybe he should have considering the position the club finds itself in.

Obviously your inability to argue points constructively leads you to attacking posters in this way, so I'll ignore this.

Classy....very intelligent way to end a post. Well done.
    Some real constructive arguing there alright

Care to expand on your comment about the priest giving the lease to anyone besides Drew

Stick to the Pinball mate...............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Obviously you have problems understanding English.
    Now now you've the high moral ground here don't lose it by getting personal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    yet not be so bothered about about getting the fcuk out of Rathbane forever strikes me as ...improbable.
    Yerra those Polish aren't used to much

All the concrete, gravel and grimness probably reminds them of home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Proposed Polish Take Over

Could this be yet another new era or another false dawn?
    I hope it works out for ye either way & I hope the good days return for Limerick soccer - as long as its not at our expense

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/1114/limerick.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    See the gulp thread

Although in your defence this is a far beeter title to get interest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Late News

Sorry for being late with the "news". Just scanned the 'gulp' thread & nobodies sensitivities are being spared. Most of the posts remind me more of Joe O'Mahoney's tackles than Al Finucane's interceptions.

Where ever you play your football next seson it's pretty obvious there'll be nobody sitting on the fence!

Maybe you're moderator can close this thread?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTown View Post
    Sorry for being late with the "news". Just scanned the 'gulp' thread & nobodies sensitivities are being spared. Most of the posts remind me more of Joe O'Mahoney's tackles than Al Finucane's interceptions.

Where ever you play your football next seson it's pretty obvious there'll be nobody sitting on the fence!

Maybe you're moderator can close this thread?
    I'm just running around Albert Finnan like snapping at everyone

I'd propose he merges the two under this name tbh once he's around

A thread started by gael entitled "Gulp" could send many people running

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Yerra those Polish aren't used to much

All the concrete, gravel and grimness probably reminds them of home
    Whereas we need a consortium from Baghdad to feel really at home up around Hogan Park...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Whereas we need a consortium from Baghdad to feel really at home up around Hogan Park...
    The parallels are there........

The situation was grand til the Yanks piled in and wrecked it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, can we stay on-topic please?

If DD is the issue why won't Joe sign the lease over to the FAI?

As I said earlier I am sceptical about this but I have no evidence to say its not true. I have to say I don't get the problems with DD's supposed 'untruthfulness" (is there such a word?). thelimerick refers to "the five year plan, the chelsea of the eircom league rubbish, Brian Kerr or Jason McAteer as our new manager etc etc" but which of these is a lie? I can't remember DD saying Kerr or McAteer would be our new manager (please correct me if I'm wrong). The Chelsea of the eL is obviously exaggeration but what chairman taking over a club doesn't exaggerate. There is a big difference. As for the five year plan - I don't think the failure to meet that plan is all down to DD. If the lease had been sorted two seasons ago I think we could very well be looking to join the premier division now.

As for the Poles - it does make sense on some level and it shows something we should look at if we do survive the current crisis - why not target the immigrant community support by signing Polish and other central/eastern European players?
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile View Post
    Lads, can we stay on-topic please?

If DD is the issue why won't Joe sign the lease over to the FAI?

As I said earlier I am sceptical about this but I have no evidence to say its not true. I have to say I don't get the problems with DD's supposed 'untruthfulness" (is there such a word?). thelimerick refers to "the five year plan, the chelsea of the eircom league rubbish, Brian Kerr or Jason McAteer as our new manager etc etc" but which of these is a lie? I can't remember DD saying Kerr or McAteer would be our new manager (please correct me if I'm wrong). The Chelsea of the eL is obviously exaggeration but what chairman taking over a club doesn't exaggerate. There is a big difference. As for the five year plan - I don't think the failure to meet that plan is all down to DD. If the lease had been sorted two seasons ago I think we could very well be looking to join the premier division now.

As for the Poles - it does make sense on some level and it shows something we should look at if we do survive the current crisis - why not target the immigrant community support by signing Polish and other central/eastern European players?
    Had two Slovaks the season before last, remember

Apologies for straying, it's just some of the anti-Drew stuff on here borders on the nonsensical at times

I genuinely welcome this if it's true (But some of the stuff I've heard leads me to believe it almost definitely isn't). One thing I will say though is that I would want the name Limerick to appear somewhere and a bit of Blue to be kept.

Btw technically the topic is "gulp"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

lads i dont mean to

be pessimistic but this could be another false dawn,just be carefull.a couple of times g.u were close to going under some stories came out about big potential investors etc and proved to be untrue.sometimes its a ploy by the chairman to make the public and more importantly the revenue crowd seem to think that all is not lost and the current money problems will be over with soon.liverpools charman has done a similar thing a few times while trying to secure funding for the new stadium,he puts out stories about american/iranian investors etc and says deals will be reched shortly,and guess what,nothing happened!shock horror.
    i really hope ye dont go under.it would be a sad day indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Right lets get this thread back on target or else I'm taking my business to the Eircom League thread

Personally I can see why a consortium of Polish business men would be interested in operating a club in the Eircom League, honestly I could see it becoming a big success if it happened. If you could pull in a lot of the Poles that live in Limerick and combine them with others from around the area (there's a decent amount in Clare and Tipperary isn't there?) then you would have a very well supported club indeed.

That said if it happens and they change the name of the club (seriously if they are targeting Poles they will give it some Polish/English hybrid name) and also the club colours than I think I'll be off personally. I compared it to the situation at the MK Dons/Wimbledon a few years ago and I believe that to be apt....APT! (anyone guess the reference? sorry couldn't resist) Plus if it's true that the apparant head of the consortium has ties to a club in Polish 1st Division than surely the proposed new owners would want to bring a few of their up and comers, or never havebeens over here, on loan at least, and we could end up becoming a feeder club for said Polish 1st Division club, whilst losing our own identity at the same time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Obviously you have problems understanding English.

I am saying that if Danny Drew weren't in charge of Limerick FC, then I believe that the lease of the ground would be much easier to negotiate with the priest. The priest despises Drew-this is a fact. If others were in charge, with a more sensible attitude, this problem would not exist.
    I don't think Danny should be blamed for this one. Nobody is getting anywhere here. I think the Pope himself wouldn't get a lease here.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    If we cant get more than 300 or so out of ALL the population of Limerick and the surrounding areas, would we really get more than that from a "Polish" club?

Shouldnt the club be inclusive and representative of all the community?

Of course I realise that it will not be totally exclusive, but I imagine the locals would be even less interested in a "Polish" side than they are a local one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Honestly anytime I've talked to one of the Limerick Poles it has been about football, so I do think that they would be interested in following a Limerick team owned by their coun trymen, especially if the new owners decided to bring some young players over from the Polish 1st Division club. I think a Polish run Limerick club would attract a lot more support than Danny's Limerick to be honest

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    If the club was taken over and proceeded to change its name and colours etc. would that not constitute a toatlly new club which would have to apply to the league for membership? By the way I really enjoy reading the Limerick thread and I don't think the club will go under with the core of passionate support that exisits. (even if ye all can't agree on anything most of the time)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    I can see it now -

Rathbane bedecked to the bejesus in the red and white (Polish eagle) flags with thousands of Poles crying their undying love for 'FC Polonia Limerick' while SLK, jebus and the boys hunkering over in the far corner of the stand with the old Limerick FC flags.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Partizan Limerick, now there's a catchy name for ya...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Partizan Limerick, now there's a catchy name for ya...
    If it were a group of Serbian businessmen, then......

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast