Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: the shels game

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up the shels game

I went to the Shels game on the Friday night and i now understand what people here were going on about giving out about city's form away. City deserved to lose in truth and never looked like getting a win never mind clawing back a goal for a draw. To me our star player was John O'Flynn and he took his one real chance brilliantly. (i noticed Brian Kerr at the match, i hope he took notice of his performance and has tipped off Don Given!!! Kerr seemed to be taking down notes during the match.) i though Ollie Cahill was out to get his revenge this time and he really had the bit between his teeth and in fairness he had a really good match.
    Our defence was ok but you cant rely on that for a whole match, Gunther must have realised by now that you cant invite the opposition on to you all the time, you are just inviting goal(s). the way we play away from home we wont score many.
    Individually here are my marks for each player
    Devine played quite well but not as assured as usual - 6
    Carey - i thought he played well but made one howler which nearly left in Shels and has got to learn to be more precise in his upfield passing - 6
    Daly - well hes back. actaully he put in a good performance and in my opinion was citys second best player on the night - 7
    O'Halloran - 6 satisfactory
    Bennet- 6 satisfactory
    Colin T O'Brien - invisibe one of the worst performances i have seen him play - 3
    Alan Reynolds - really good first half, bossed the place, dissappeared in the second - 5
    Conor O'Grady - satisfactory - 6
    Woods- invisible the whole game did nothing except the cross for the goal - 2
    O'Callaghan - except for the free kicks nothing much to contribute. - 4
    O'Flynn - well taken goal. our star player. tries really hard too. -9

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wasn't there, so I can't comment on your marks, but I did see the goals on TV:
    Devine flapped at the cross that led to the first and Carey definitely bottled out of it for the second. If he had stuck his foot in instead of half turing away he would have been first to the ball and could have cleared it

BTW, I hear that a couple of real life Leicester defenders were with the aquad during the last week....

Neil
    Originally posted by SSS
    BTW, I hear that a couple of real life Leicester defenders were with the aquad during the last week....
    Damien Delaney would do nicely now...
    Where is he on loan at the moment? Southend or some shower like that! Surely City would be a better option even for 6 months?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Defending

Last Friday night for some reason ever City player wanted to just miskick and give the ball away, I dont know how many times in the first half could we have easily cleared the ball but instead we played pass the parcel.

Got a bit better in the second half but still not good enough, Greg miscontrolling an easy ball is what lead to the corner for the Shels winner.

What ****ed me off was no players seemed to want to thak the travelling fans until Carey did, then all the players that were behind him made half-arse attempt. At least well done to Carey for that.
    Oh no not them again

Neil

Re: Defending

Originally posted by SÓCcfc
    What ****ed me off was no players seemed to want to thak the travelling fans until Carey did, then all the players that were behind him made half-arse attempt. At least well done to Carey for that.
    Same old story so. Sometimes you'd wonder would they prefer if the fans didn't bother travelling?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mick Devine, Alan Carey, Deccie and of course Mooney were the only ones I saw give any acknowledgment to the fans.
    As usual Gunther couldnt bring himself to show his appreciation to those of us that travelled. AFAIK, Gunther has yet to acknowledge the supporters since he took over as manager!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Plenty of Judas chants towards Ollie (nothing personal) while he in front of the city fans in the first half. Seemed to getting to him too near the ned of the half

Aside from a bright opening when city looked dodgy i though Ollie was poor which resulted in his substitution.

Best bit in the 2nd half was Carey missing Ollie with an all or nothing sliding tackle only for Deccie to comp;lete the job with a cruncher on Ollie.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Defending

Originally posted by SÓCcfc
    Last Friday night for some reason ever City player wanted to just miskick and give the ball away, I dont know how many times in the first half could we have easily cleared the ball but instead we played pass the parcel...............
    same old same old then. and people wonder why we want murphy out

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What is it about Murphy that he doesn't acknowledge the supporters either home or away?

I like to think I give City personell a fair crack of the whip but he really is getting up my nose with the way he just stands there like a cardboard cut out.

I think I've figured out what's gone wrong recently. Picture this....half-time at the 3 most recent games... the players run into the dressing waiting for some devine inspiration. Then Patsy walks in with the Cardboard Cutout under his arm and stands it in the middle of the room. The place goes quite for the remaining 10 minutes as the entire team look at the apparition in the center of the floor.

Silence.

Then there's a knock on the door... the referee, time for the second half. Everyone gets up, look at one another, scratch their heads, quick pi$$ and off out onto the pitch none the wiser.

Lennox needs to pull him aside and let him know he is just as much an ambassador for the Club as the players, fans etc. He should be told to act accordingly.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Counting Crow
    I think I've figured out what's gone wrong recently. Picture this....half-time at the 3 most recent games... the players run into the dressing waiting for some devine inspiration. Then Patsy walks in with the Cardboard Cutout under his arm and stands it in the middle of the room. The place goes quite for the remaining 10 minutes as the entire team look at the apparition in the center of the floor.

Silence.

Then there's a knock on the door... the referee, time for the second half. Everyone gets up, look at one another, scratch their heads, quick pi$$ and off out onto the pitch none the wiser.
    LOL probably spot on there

Originally posted by Counting Crow
    Lennox needs to pull him aside and let him know he is just as much an ambassador for the Club as the players, fans etc. He should be told to act accordingly.
    Spot on. He can´t give out the way he did to the fans and then behave like a surly ignorant git as well