Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Good news for ticketless fans ....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good news for ticketless fans ....

After the success of the public viewing at the World Cup the city is planning to put a big screen on the Schlossplatz for the Ireland game. The square held around 70k for the WC matches ....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jens

Sounds like a great place to party, are there many pubs / clubs there? can we drink on the streets? are there off licenses to buy a few cans if the pubs are overcrowded? what will it be like on the thurs / fri nights?

thanks in advance for the answers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi lads i would really appreciate 1 ticket as all the rest of my mates have theirs already.
    Thanks

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Dreamin
    Jens

Sounds like a great place to party, are there many pubs / clubs there? can we drink on the streets? are there off licenses to buy a few cans if the pubs are overcrowded? what will it be like on the thurs / fri nights?

thanks in advance for the answers
    We dont have off licenses like in the UK (or Ireland? Dunno the Irish law and I haven´t been for 10 years!). You can pretty much buy beer anywhere here. Newsagents, petrol stations, supermarkets etc. Drinking on the streets usually ain´t a problem .... dunno about Thursday and Friday nights and I don´t know how many will get here early, but I´d expect people to drink in the bars then.

When Celtic played here, there were about 10-15k in that square and I guess the Saturday is gonna be similar.

The Schlossplatz is bang in the middle of town. If you´re struggling to find a place to drink there I´ll be surprised how you got here in first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was there for the World Cup lads, huge square right in centre of City, full of small bars around it, drinking on streets (bottles included) was no problem during WC anyway you could take your drink where ever you wanted. Schlossplatz was scene of Stuttgart Fan Fest so drink wasn't allowed in (included soft drinks and water!!) but loads of beer, food & merchandise tents inside. Doubt there will be such a setup for our game in September. Coyote Ugly Bar just behind Schlossplatz is WELL worth a vist!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Joe
    Was there for the World Cup lads, huge square right in centre of City, full of small bars around it, drinking on streets (bottles included) was no problem during WC anyway you could take your drink where ever you wanted. Schlossplatz was scene of Stuttgart Fan Fest so drink wasn't allowed in (included soft drinks and water!!) but loads of beer, food & merchandise tents inside. Doubt there will be such a setup for our game in September. Coyote Ugly Bar just behind Schlossplatz is WELL worth a vist!!!
    You didn´t have a Tricolour with "Six on Tour - World Cup Japan/Korea 2002" on it with you at the Spain/Tunisia game, did you?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and this thread is really for the germans as most irish have tickets thanks to eventim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens1893
    You didn´t have a Tricolour with "Six on Tour - World Cup Japan/Korea 2002" on it with you at the Spain/Tunisia game, did you?
    No mate was sporting a Dutch home jersey and a "Oranje Boven" trilby hat that I "borrowed" off a girl from Amsterdam up in Cologne