Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rugby in Tallaght Stadium

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Rugby in Tallaght Stadium

Told this morning the IRFU are now considering to jump onto the GAA bandwagon and petition the government to allow Rubby to be played there. Any truth in this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rugby wouldn't be a problem for Tallagt nor would some GAA games.

However this court case is about DELAYING Tallaght for years not getting access.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was under the impression the numbers of games per year/season etc that could be played at Tallaght had to be limited to appease local residents concerns, to have 2 different sporting bodies using the ground would be bad enough however to have three would be ridiculous. Aren't local concerns an issue anymore as they seemed to be a show stpper when Rovers were managing the project alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a municipal stadium. If the SDCC want to allow one or two rugby matches to be played there, that's their business. They can do what they like with the stadium once it doesn't impact with Rovers 40 dates.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I doubt many Rovers fans would have a problem with a few rugby games played there. The problem with GAA matches is the pitch & dressing room areas would have to be made larger therefore changing the design significantly & therefore delaying further...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Good luck to the IRFU
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Word is that Rovers will break their silence on the matter this week too

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The GAA are acting like spoilt kids, why do they want access to a stadium which will hold a maximum of 10,000 and probably a lot less.

THey have plenty of land in south dublin to develop far better facilities with a much bigger capacity. It would make more sense for the GAA and the IRFU to build a ground in south dublin with a 30k capacity which would suit both leinster rugby and the Dubs!

CAnt understand the crap the GAA are going on with, they would be far better off developing something they would have a use for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouthpiece
    Word is that Rovers will break their silence on the matter this week too
    its got nothing to do with Rovers, its between the SDCC and the spudshaggers. of the IRFU jump in, its not as bad as the bigots, the stadium wont need to be redesigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    Good luck to the IRFU
    this is getting very tiresome. you have made your point. you want tallaght to fail because you dont have enough confidence in your selves to block leaving inchcire. if you have nothing to add, say nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Dreamin
    Cant understand the crap the GAA are going on with, they would be far better off developing something they would have a use for.
    Its pretty simple really, they're scared of a successful and prosperous well-run community football club in such a prime location. Therefore they're trying to delay/stop tallaght stadium from going ahead. They dont even need it....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    this is getting very tiresome. you have made your point. you want tallaght to fail because you dont have enough confidence in your selves to block leaving inchcire. if you have nothing to add, say nothing.
    Actually I'd like to Tallght to go ahead. I just don't want Pats there.

And as for not saying anything new... has anybody on this topic in the last three months?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    its got nothing to do with Rovers, its between the SDCC and the spudshaggers
    Well aware of that fact............point being made was that Rovers are expected to stick their 2p worth in later this week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouthpiece
    Well aware of that fact............point being made was that Rovers are expected to stick their 2p worth in later this week
    expected by who? the gaa havent actually done anything yet, what are they to respond to? media speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    Actually I'd like to Tallght to go ahead. I just don't want Pats there.
    then why the smartárse comments supporting the GAA and IRFU?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well if you have to share with anyone I'd prefer to share with the eggchasers. After all they have been sharing facilities with footie since the 1920's when Lansdowne Road hosted it's first soccer international. Galway United played an entire EL season in a rugby ground while Terryland was being redeveloped and turned into a football stadium. And Longford Town have also in the past been hosted by their rugby club. Out in Belfield, to give another example,
    UCD are about to be hosted by the rugby club when Belfield Park gets built on. So Eggchasers are alright by me, they have looked after football and been great neighbours in the past and if it keeps the GAA out so much the better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    Well if you have to share with anyone I'd prefer to share with the eggchasers. After all they have been sharing facilities with footie since the 1920's when Lansdowne Road hosted it's first soccer international. Galway United played an entire EL season in a rugby ground while Terryland was being redeveloped and turned into a football stadium. And Longford Town have also in the past been hosted by their rugby club. Out in Belfield, to give another example,
    UCD are about to be hosted by the rugby club when Belfield Park gets built on. So Eggchasers are alright by me, they have looked after football and been great neighbours in the past and if it keeps the GAA out so much the better!
    Pity they aren't so ecumenical in schools.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If it doesn't impose further delays I don't see the problem, the likelyhood is they wouldn't use it much anyways. There'd be concern about the state of the pitch after a rugby match though?
    God

rerun
    I think the GAA are settings a dangerous precedent for themselves. They want to play in the ground and base this on the fact that public money is being spent on it so it should be available to all. Personally I agree, but the same goes for Croke Park, Parnell Park, and any other ground that gets a grant/money from Government or a County Council. If they'd agree to that, then I've no problem.
    But I don't think that'll happen. Sure aren't they even looking for us to pay their players grants out of sports funding?

That said, I do feel sorry for Rovers. Having grown up in Tallaght I think that a home ground for an eircom League club would be great for the community. It's just a pity that things didn't really work out that way and Rovers will be, basically, tenants to the SDCC.

rerun
    Will the FAI or eL make any comment on this does anyone think or will they just leave Rovers to sort it out on their own?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhamish
    Pity they aren't so ecumenical in schools.
    A lot of that is down to the attitude of individual teachers.. after all are the GAA ecumenical in schools? They seem to have a monopoly on sending coaches into Primary schools , especially for girls, yet the FAI are not allowed to set foot in those self same schools!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    They seem to have a monopoly on sending coaches into Primary schools , especially for girls, yet the FAI are not allowed to set foot in those self same schools!
    a bit OT, but is that true?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast