Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex Bruce opts for us

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    wow, it justs gets better and better. Why does he want to play for us???.... Cause Northen Ireland are crap. thats the only reason. I have no problem with english born players wanting to play for ireland but how many have said recently I WANT TO PLAY FOR IRELAND???? not a lot. Kitson said he has no chance of playing for england so he will look at us, Gary McSheffery said the same but he can play for Scotland too and more or less said who ever comes first.
    These players can f*ck off as far as i'm concerend. Lee Trundle has always said i want to play for ireland and i supported them as a boy. I dont think there is anything wrong with that and i hope he is given a chance. he mighten be good enough but give him a go and see.

However, i think Bruce will develop into a good player but nothing like his Dad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    agree totally with the sentiments of tuff paddy and irish pride . would be a shame if kitson or bruce got in the squad in place of someone for who being in the squad is more than a career choice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo
    agree totally with the sentiments of tuff paddy and irish pride . would be a shame if kitson or bruce got in the squad in place of someone for who being in the squad is more than a career choice
    Exactly! Or as Mr.Kitson might put it
    “We have got a terrific young talent here at Reading called Shane Long, who has just played in two FA Cup ties against West Brom. I don’t want to be the player standing in the way of him or Kevin Doyle playing for their country.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride
    wow, it justs gets better and better. Why does he want to play for us???.... Cause Northen Ireland are crap. thats the only reason. I have no problem with english born players wanting to play for ireland but how many have said recently I WANT TO PLAY FOR IRELAND???? not a lot. Kitson said he has no chance of playing for england so he will look at us, Gary McSheffery said the same but he can play for Scotland too and more or less said who ever comes first.
    These players can f*ck off as far as i'm concerend. Lee Trundle has always said i want to play for ireland and i supported them as a boy. I dont think there is anything wrong with that and i hope he is given a chance. he mighten be good enough but give him a go and see.

However, i think Bruce will develop into a good player but nothing like his Dad.

There is no way you could trust Bruce after what his grandfather did to William Wallace in Braveheart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry
    There is no way you could trust Bruce after what his grandfather did to William Wallace in Braveheart
    finally some perspective on the issue.
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    does anyone think in some ways they are more excited by the emergence of shane long than kevin doyle. i know it may sound strange given doyle's impact but i've seen long play a few times now and he constantly impresses me with his touch and his vision, the way he links up is second to none and this coming from a player who had no experience of professional football before coming to reading.

Also, if coppell can unearth these two gems, god knows there must be a heap of them lying about in the 'doldrums' of the el. its about time more managers in england took a chance on these players. and i dont mean that as a disprespect to the loi but realistically we can all admit that the only way these lads are going to forge a career in international football is if they take the boat, at this moment in time anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1
    the only way these lads are going to forge a career in international football is if they take the boat, at this moment in time anyway.
    Hey! that's not fair! They can also take a plane!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry
    Was Robert the Bruce Steve Bruce's dad? I'm surprised young Alex isn't offering himself to the Scots like McSheffrey.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride
    These players can f*ck off as far as i'm concerend. Lee Trundle has always said i want to play for ireland and i supported them as a boy.
    Good job Jonston Mooney & O'Brien have declared along with Brennan

I'll get me coat
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Actually, Gustavos right. As am I.
    Last edited by Soper; 31/01/2006 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    lets not open that particular can of worms again lads!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dassa
    Steve Bruce couldnt play for ROI or NI because he had played for England at underage level I think but not 100% sure.
    Steve Bruce couldn't play because he was an England "B" international.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1
    does anyone think in some ways they are more excited by the emergence of shane long than kevin doyle. i know it may sound strange given doyle's impact .

Yes it does sound strange and no, im not more excited in Long.
    Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing Doyle play for Ireland and hopefully get a chance to start up front with Keane for the Sweden game, reckon they could work well together.Any thoughts on that combination?
    As for Alex Bruce, I wouldnt be a fan of his comment, I'd rather see someone playing in the EL reguraly with a bit more heart and commitment get a chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12