Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Should Kerr get new Contract?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

28 35.90%
  • NO

50 64.10%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerr Stay or Go?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rico
    Is actually not a bad idea at all.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1
    c*nt
    It's a proper shame when you abuse someone who tried their best but didn't quite get what was good enough for you. The man got given the job and he gave it his best shot......what do you think he deliberatly threw away results? See how frustrated he was when Israel got their seconed? See how upset he was tonight? If you want a replacement or you don't think he was good ebnough fine. Your opinion. Just don't abuse him like he broke into the job an deliberatly sabotaged the team yeah?
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    won't argue too m uch with that but I'm uncertain he'd gel well with the irish players.. maybe that's what's needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Should Kerr go ???

I dunno ..... i really dont !!

I was looking for his head on Saturday to be fair (and after both Israel games being honest) but now i dont know.

I have heard a few reasons as to why he SHOULD stay .... and they are good, they are well thought out and balanced .... and probably better than knee-jerk reactions to be fair.

I'll answer later on in the week .... probably be answered by then though !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Steve Staunton could be a contender !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Thanks Brian, you cared about Irish football, domestically and internationally.

If only some of your players did too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Kerr bemoans luck

Kerr bemoans luck

Irish manger Brian Kerr felt that his side endured little luck over the past couple of months and stated that tonight was not the time to answer questions about his future.

The Irish manager was obviously crestfallen as his side’s World Cup qualifying campaign came to an unsatisfactory conclusion with the scoreless draw at home to Switzerland.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    we had **** all luck in this campaign, but i reckon we made up for it all in that cyprus match

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    well some of the decisions esp over Senderos perhaps didnt go our way, but im clutching at straws... we were lucky tonight, they had 3-4 sitters and missed all of them (Shay made a great save for 1), other teams would have buried those chances.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    luck has nothing to do with it!!! neither team or manager were good enough!

feel sorry for Kerr in a way that some players underperformed on so many occassions but at same time he showed he doesnt have what it takes either on too many occasions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo
    Steve Staunton could be a contender !
    He could be somebody !!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jackie Fullerton ????

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuly
    really sorry for ireland lads, honestly. I know you don't need to hear that right now but as happy i am that France finaly qualify (i can't stand the swiss) ireland disqualification really upsets me! I know Duff, Keano were injured but still i was confident about Irish squad and the Fighting spirit (as we use to say about you about Rugby). Know, get back on your feets and prepare next €URO 2008! u have got great players; that generation must win something for FcuKsake !!!
    Merci! et bonne chance!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    OUT!

Merci Giuly, mais il n'y avait pas de "fighting spirit" ce soir! Aucun pays dans ce groupe ne méritait la place au Coupe du Monde, mais la France a au moins battu quelqu'un (nous). Le foot en Irlande est en crise.

Meilleurs espoirs pour vous en Allemagne, il faut absolument pas que les anglais gagneront là bas.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    has to go has to go has to go has to go.....i would feel so much better if I woke up in the mornin and he was no more, he has taken us backward and i hate him for it. i wanted so badly to go to Germany and he fupped it up.............. my dead hamster could have gotten us out of that sh!te for a group.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'm with liam88. Although he now is definitely not the man to lead Ireland to the future, I think going to personal abuse is a step too far.

He did his best, in the end it wasn't good enough.

Brian Kerr is a proud man and I expect he will jump before he is pushed.

Ade

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Think he made some poor decisions last night. The doc should've been on when Keane got subbed.

I saw Matt Holland on the team sheet, but did he actually make it onto the pitch?

One thing, I think we underrate the swiss/ overrate ourselves. Some of their possession football, particularly in the first half was technically way better than us. We wouldn't be capable of knocking it around like that. Nothing to do with the manager or tatics or team he picked - we simply don't have the players, especially when 2 of our 3 players are out injured, and the other is off form/not interested.

Kerr will be gone, whatever we say here - Delaney has set out his stall long ago. Not going to solve the fact we don't have the players, and those we do are technically limited.

Very depressing match, more for the fact that it showed up our skill level as much as not qualifying.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Kerr made some mistakes but we just dont have the players. We now have ZERO leaders on the pitch. We have 1 imagative attacking players, a good goal keeper and 9 journey men on the pitch.

Kerr wont be offered a contract anywhere in England or on the continent. The only hope he has is either an Eircom League club with ambitions for Europe or a paper pushers job at the technocrats of technocrats UEFA.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    Kerr wont be offered a contract anywhere in England or on the continent. The only hope he has is either an Eircom League club with ambitions for Europe or a paper pushers job at the technocrats of technocrats UEFA.
    Or take up one of the numerous academy jobs he was offered in the past, particularly in the months before being offered the international job.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Feel sorry for Kerr and contrary to the aimless abuse thrown at him by some, I believe him when he says he gave it his all.
    2 reasons come to mind as to why he did not succeed.
    Kerr was unable to bring his underage success to bear at senior level or that he just didn't have the players available to him, maybe it was a combination of both.
    This unbelievable onslaught by the press on Kerr over the last fortnight have been disgraceful and remind me of the British press.
    Whether Merrion Square are sponsoring this or not remains to be seen.
    Will our managers job now become the poisoned chalice that the England job is, or has it already happened.

Bottom line is the buck stops with the manager and I fear Kerr will not be given a new contract, if so Thanks Brian. I for one know you gave it your all.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast