Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long has Mick McCarthy got ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just ask Steve Finnans ankle, what is adequate.
    In Trap we trust

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why would anyone want McCarthy to fail? I don't understand. No matter what you think of the Keane-situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    Just the kind of responses I'd expect from a couple of kids. No offence, lads, but when you grow up a bit you'll hopefully learn to view Saipan and its aftermath in proper proportion. No, we didn't win the World Cup last time out but time moves on and - when all's said and done - it's only a game we're talking about. Lose the bitterness; life's just too short.

PP
    Couple of kids? PP you don't know me at all so don't call me a kid. I have no problem with Mick as a person(I don't know him so), or as a player, the problem I have is with his managing. I'm sure their are some mangers you dislike for whatever reason, does this mean you are a child too?.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts
    The interesting question is whether McCarthy was ultimately responsible for the poor training pitch. He had delegated looking after the facilities to Ray Tracey, an ex soccer international and tour operator. I am not sure he could have done much more as he no doubt had 101 other things on his mind.

In any event, it has now been shown under the Kerr regime that 100% perfect facilities and preparation doth not maketh the team.

I am still amazed that the Sunderland Board has shown such patience. Many a manager (e.g. Gary Megson) has got a team promoted to be shown the door after failing in the top flight. It must be particularly galling with Wigan and West Ham going so well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    Just ask Steve Finnans ankle, what is adequate.
    A talking ankle !! Now that would be interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Couple of kids? PP you don't know me at all so don't call me a kid. I have no problem with Mick as a person(I don't know him so), or as a player, the problem I have is with his managing. I'm sure their are some mangers you dislike for whatever reason, does this mean you are a child too?.
    Your profile states that you're 17 years of age. Your comment was one I'd expect from a callow yoot. You can have no complaints.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Just the kind of responses I'd expect from a couple of kids. No offence, lads, but when you grow up a bit you'll hopefully learn to view Saipan and its aftermath in proper proportion. No, we didn't win the World Cup last time out but time moves on and - when all's said and done - it's only a game we're talking about. Lose the bitterness; life's just too short.

PP
    Please don't slag my/our age.

I don't like McCarthy. End of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town

I don't like McCarthy. End of.

Please don't slag my/our ex manager/player.

I like McCarthy. End of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town
    Read my post correctly. It was the quality and direction of your post and not your age that I called into question. It's not a crime being young, after all. (fond memories... sigh... )

PP

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    The interesting question is whether McCarthy was ultimately responsible for the poor training pitch. He had delegated looking after the facilities to Ray Tracey, an ex soccer international and tour operator. I am not sure he could have done much more as he no doubt had 101 other things on his mind.
    ffs, even McCarthy himself has never tried to blame Tracey for the training facilities. Presumably you won't give McCarthy credit then for the facilities in Japan either then?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    ffs, even McCarthy himself has never tried to blame Tracey for the training facilities. Presumably you won't give McCarthy credit then for the facilities in Japan either then?
    That is the nature of the man, ffs. Mick is/was never one to apportion blame unlike others.

My lasting memories of Mick McCarthy: Captaining Ireland in Rome in 1990 and he staring fixedly at the flag and swallowing hard with emotion as the camera panned along the players, and secondly crying after our failure in the play-offs in Brussels.

Not the greatest manager but a great Irishman and person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Not the greatest manager but a great Irishman and person.
    Well said, Owls Fan.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Not the greatest manager but a great Englishman and person.
    I've corrected the above for you. Football is only a game, it can't change your nationality regardless of who you play/played for.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I've corrected the above for you. Football is only a game, it can't change your nationality regardless of who you play/played for.
    Just the kind of utter garbage I'd expect from an immature kid. So do tell us which country it was for whom McCarthy won 57 caps...

Grow up, Sligoboy.

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 04/01/2006 at 8:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Just the kind of utter garbage I'd expect from an immature kid. So do tell us which country it was for whom McCarthy won 57 caps...

Grow up, Sligoboy.

PP
    I'm not doubting that he won those caps for Ireland but what I'm saying is, at the end of it all, he's still English, just like Matt Holland, Clinton Morrison and plenty more. I'm not holding it against him, I'm just pointing it out and in case yer having trouble reading it, it's sligoman.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mick McCarthy is as proud an Irishman as any that have worn the green shirt. He's the son of a Waterford man who, because of circumstances(like so many at the time), left Ireland to seek work in England. Sons and daughters of Irish emigrants in England tend to wear their heritage on their sleeve more than their parents and most right-minded people on here will vouch for this, as most will know someone personally. They, like Mick, would have grown up supporting Ireland and would hope to, one day, play for their country. Mick has been a great servant to Irish football and its a shame that a fed kids wouldn't educate themselves on Ireland's former glories; which Mick played a huge part in.
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    there are plenty of plastic paddys(pun not intended)who jst play for ireland jst because they wouldn't have a chance to get in the england side but i believe that mc carthy is proud to be of irish relation and gave everything when he pulled on the shirt

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the two of us at the same time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSemi
    Mick McCarthy is as proud an Irishman as any that have worn the green shirt. He's the son of a Waterford man who, because of circumstances(like so many at the time), left Ireland to seek work in England. Sons and daughters of Irish emigrants in England tend to wear their heritage on their sleeve more than their parents and most right-minded people on here will vouch for this, as most will know someone personally. They, like Mick, would have grown up supporting Ireland and would hope to, one day, play for their country. Mick has been a great servant to Irish football and its a shame that a fed kids wouldn't educate themselves on Ireland's former glories; which Mick played a huge part in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtop
    there are plenty of plastic paddys(pun not intended)who jst play for ireland jst because they wouldn't have a chance to get in the england side but i believe that mc carthy is proud to be of irish relation and gave everything when he pulled on the shirt
    This thread went off-topic long ago so I don't mind continuing on about this.

Ye are both missing my point, I never said Mick never gave his all when playing for Ireland, all I'm saying is Mick was English, and still is, regardless of who he won caps for. Football is only a game at the end of the day and games don't change your nationality!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,253 Posts
    all I'm saying is Mick was English, and still is, regardless of who he won caps for.
    Did you ever listen to a song called "The Emigrant's Letter" by Percy French? Shoots arguments like this in the head, let alone the foot.

[Though it's still OK to disown irritating fifth-generation American-Irish people. ]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast