Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Cannon F Leicester b.2002

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    He did call him up but was unavailable for the training camp. I'd say all the talk why he didn't go to Turkey was just waffling from Kenny covering for a player. If it was waffle then they could have made a better excuse and just say player has a groin strain and unavailable.

Rather than saying he's not trained in four weeks and lacking match sharpness, but we hope he's with the U21s and also on standby for the seniors just in case.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    He did call him up but was unavailable for the training camp. I'd say all the talk why he didn't go to Turkey was just waffling from Kenny covering for a player. If it was waffle then they could have made a better excuse and just say player has a groin strain and unavailable.

Rather than saying he's not trained in four weeks and lacking match sharpness, but we hope he's with the U21s and also on standby for the seniors just in case.
    He may legitimately have had tonsillitis so couldnt make the training camp, I dont think that should have been held against him for the next get together, if that is what happened.

Trappatoni did that, especially in his early days. The likes of Paul Green turned up to an early training camp so he was always in the squad because of it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    He may legitimately have had tonsillitis so couldnt make the training camp, I dont think that should have been held against him for the next get together, if that is what happened.

Trappatoni did that, especially in his early days. The likes of Paul Green turned up to an early training camp so he was always in the squad because of it.
    Don't think missing the training camp is what kept him out of the training camp for Turkey cause the reasoning makes no sense whatsoever.

Especially if said player is on standby and you only named a 25 man squad rather than 26 cause Ogbene was ruled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Don't think missing the training camp is what kept him out of the training camp for Turkey cause the reasoning makes no sense whatsoever.

Especially if said player is on standby and you only named a 25 man squad rather than 26 cause Ogbene was ruled.
    But thats what Kenny said when he named the squad. He said that he hadnt trained in 4 weeks due to missing the 4 day get together because of tonsillitis. I agree that it makes no sense not to call him up to train for this get together and thats why I wonder if Cannon himself got annoyed and said he couldnt be ar$ed going to the u21s in the middle of the summer

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    But thats what Kenny said when he named the squad. He said that he hadnt trained in 4 weeks due to missing the 4 day get together because of tonsillitis. I agree that it makes no sense not to call him up to train for this get together and thats why I wonder if Cannon himself got annoyed and said he couldnt be ar$ed going to the u21s in the middle of the summer
    While he did say that he could have just been saying it rather than coming straight out saying Cannon is in two minds about a senior call if there's a possibility he is. Wouldn't be the first time a manager said something that wasn't true.

Now if what Kenny said is the truth and he genuinely didn't call him up for those reasons it just makes no sense and Cannons U21 exclusion could be him not being bothered if he was deemed unfit for the seniors as you said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,334 Posts
    There's no evidence for Canon's absence from either the senior or U21 squads for anything other than illness. I've had tonsillitis, more than once, and it's draining. Any more speculation as to his international allegiance should come with accompanying evidence.

I'm really not looking forward to repeating this discussion for every dual qualified player who isn't included in a squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    There's no evidence for Canon's absence from either the senior or U21 squads for anything other than illness. I've had tonsillitis, more than once, and it's draining. Any more speculation as to his international allegiance should come with accompanying evidence.

I'm really not looking forward to repeating this discussion for every dual qualified player who isn't included in a squad.
    Tets its a forum where we discuss ideas and can speculate to a degree. Its not outrageous to suggest that something doesnt feel right with this one. I understand that its annoying to have this kind of speculation come up from time to time but we are going to have it sometimes based on where we get our pool of players from. If it cant be discussed then what is the point of the forum? This is not the same as the Evan Ferguson to England talk

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,334 Posts
    There's already been pages of disucssion on two different squad threads, neither of which he was named in. There's been two brief statements from the managers of the respective sides why he wasn't called in, and that's it.
    Everything else is speculation, or opinion, and it's draining,
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Speculation and opinion is 90% of more or less any thread on any forum.

If Tom Cannon's thread isn't a natural home for some Tom Cannon speculation from time to time I've never understood how foot.ie (or the internet in general) works.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    There's already been pages of disucssion on two different squad threads, neither of which he was named in. There's been two brief statements from the managers of the respective sides why he wasn't called in, and that's it.
    Everything else is speculation, or opinion, and it's draining,
    I'm sorry Tets, but you're wrong here. He was left out of previous squads yes, but in case here there seems to be something strange going on. Kenny said he's not injured, he'd be with the 21s because of he's not trained in too long. Then all of a sudden he's too ill or injured for the u21s. Is he still on standby for the seniors? He didn't seem too ill to be at a Coldplay concert a few days ago.

All this is worth a discussion amongst fans, and honestly your opinion that it's draining to talk about it is pretty much irrelevant. Don't engage if you don't want to, but if you want to shut down all conversation about it then you might as well shut down every page that has opinions rather than just facts. Yes there are times that things get out of hand and the mods have to step in, but no one is being abusive here or claiming that some random journalist in the heart of Argentina has a story that no one else can see.

Going forward, this topic is going to keep coming up. Scotland could make a play for Vata next season if he breaks in at Celtic more regularly.Is foot.ie a place we won't be able to talk about it?

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    He's ours to loose Cannon (sorry)

Tallaght Stadium Regular

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    I'd agree here, if this place can't facilitate a bit of talk about this then maybe the point of footdot is being missed & a bit of personal preference overlapping into the moderating. I think also most had had their say & it will all die down naturally again until we know more anyway.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Speculation and opinion is 90% of more or less any thread on any forum.

If Tom Cannon's thread isn't a natural home for some Tom Cannon speculation from time to time I've never understood how foot.ie (or the internet in general) works.
    I moved the posts from the U21 thread earlier.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    I moved the posts from the U21 thread earlier.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but even moving it from the u21 thread was over the top considering it was a discussion why he wasn't in that squad. There was only a few posts so it wasn't taking over completely. As CTP said the discussion had pretty much run its course anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    579 Posts
    Until we know for sure, we can discuss our opinion on it surely? Isn't that the point of a forum?
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Peter Ridsdale (PNE director) has spoken to Everton:
    ....."our initial reaction was just to say, ‘what is the situation with Tom Cannon and we’d like him at Preston North End. What’s the deal? Are you interested in selling or do you want to loan him?’, and we’re in their hands.....My understanding, and I can’t speak on behalf of Everton, is that in an ideal world they’d prefer to loan him again." (Liverpool Echo, 7 June).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Said it before I think he'll go out on loan again. Get a full season behind him on loan and only for the club was a mess they likely would have wanted Ellis Simms to get a full season loan too. Similar to Cannon he had a good half season at Sunderland. Played around 500mins less and scored 7 goals. Plus I think Everton aren't gonna improve next season and will be lucky to stay up again.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    I presume no similar comments on Troy Parrott...?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    None. I think the verdict at Deepdale was 'tried hard, good team player, but we needed goals too'. Troy needs a few good pre-season performances to regenerate some interest.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Troy is at a major crossroads at the moment. I'd love to see him get away from England and the close links to home and see how he gets on somewhere like Portugal. Could suit his game and might put some distance between him and his Dublin mates

26. Thanks From:

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast